The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different experiences yes but the exterior presents itself like a haunted mansion. Building them right next to each other would seem off. Space and Tron don't look like each other so I think that works better. I also don't feel mystic manor fits the theme of that area of DCA unless they plan on redoing that area to represent that theme.

I wasn't referring to the exterior. Exteriors are easily changed. The HM in DL and WDW have completely different exteriors to suit their different locations.

Also, I don't think they look similar anyway. The HM is much less colorful and a completely different style. I see no obstacle to adding MM pretty much anywhere. All it needs is some minor tweaks.

I frequent WDW and DL but I'll probably never make it to HK. I hope they build MM in the US.

I wasn't referring to the exterior. Exteriors are easily changed. The HM in DL and WDW have completely different exteriors to suit their different locations.

Also, I don't think they look similar anyway. The HM is much less colorful and a completely different style. I see no obstacle to adding MM pretty much anywhere. All it needs is some minor tweaks.

I frequent WDW and DL but I'll probably never make it to HK. I hope they build MM in the US.

Mystic Manor is my favorite Disney attraction (excluding nostalgic feelings) - it'sbjust so good. And I know it is the closest thing they have to a HM but it really has a totally different feel - it is really tied into the S.E.A. And given Skippers's Canteen and stuff could see it fitting in Adevntureland and not conflicting with the HM or anything

I agree though that Paradise Peer area seems like an odd location - unless they totally retheme the area that thebGokden Zephyr and stuff is in to be like the California coast or something and this is a mansion on the hill

Mystic Manor is my favorite Disney attraction (excluding nostalgic feelings) - it'sbjust so good. And I know it is the closest thing they have to a HM but it really has a totally different feel - it is really tied into the S.E.A. And given Skippers's Canteen and stuff could see it fitting in Adevntureland and not conflicting with the HM or anything

I agree though that Paradise Peer area seems like an odd location - unless they totally retheme the area that thebGokden Zephyr and stuff is in to be like the California coast or something and this is a mansion on the hill

That area, to me, has always evoked the spirit of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (2001-present)...just a short drive down the coast from Emeryville and the Pixar HQ. This fits thematically with the other areas in that side of the Park. Also, I just thought of this; but, is not Emeryville right across the bay from San Francisco? The area around Little Mermaid is clearly supposed to be San Francisco. This could definitely work thematically, IMO.

Regarding the dark ride in DCA i could totally see a modern take at the Peter Pans Flight in MK but with possibly Up with a journey through in the house with you being floated along by balloons that goes through all the beautiful scenes with all the amazing colors or something around inside out with all the emotions how they want to bring it to Epcot, i think the scene with bing bong in the wagon dark ride would be cool.

Regarding the dark ride in DCA i could totally see a modern take at the Peter Pans Flight in MK but with possibly Up with a journey through in the house with you being floated along by balloons that goes through all the beautiful scenes with all the amazing colors or something around inside out with all the emotions how they want to bring it to Epcot, i think the scene with bing bong in the wagon dark ride would be cool.
I want to see the Brazil pavilion in Epcot with this as the attraction! I know it is not Brazil specifically in the movie and there are debates whether it is based off of Brazil or Venezuela, but I think it would fit very well, and this would be a dark ride they could make absolutely beautiful!

I want to see the Brazil pavilion in Epcot with this as the attraction! I know it is not Brazil specifically in the movie and there are debates whether it is based off of Brazil or Venezuela, but I think it would fit very well, and this would be a dark ride they could make absolutely beautiful!

I didn't think of this and that would totally work and I totally think World Showcase needs another ride, I mean yeah there's the rumour of the U.K. Ride but with the big 50 crowds are going to be insane and they need more

Also according to DSNY Newscast the rumor of the Moana roller coaster behind the jungle cruise idea is now not going to happen, it was said that Imagineering had a toss up between doing either the Moana coaster or Tron coaster and given the success of Tron coaster in Shanghai that Moana will go back on the idea shelf

Last edited:

Okay here is a rumor, and a fun fact on that site.......

Per some inside talk(sketchy is another way to put it ;) ), Fantasmic will get overhauled and or replaced by 2021.

Now per Martin at WDWMagic.com - at one point this was potentially supposed to be totally replaced for an indoor roller coaster, before that said roller coaster was put elsewhere in stead - cough cough Tron cough cough...

Put me in the group that change happened...I love Fantasmic, and love Tron in MK

Per some inside talk(sketchy is another way to put it ;) ), Fantasmic will get overhauled and or replaced by 2021.

Now per Martin at WDWMagic.com - at one point this was potentially supposed to be totally replaced for an indoor roller coaster, before that said roller coaster was put elsewhere in stead - cough cough Tron cough cough...

Put me in the group that change happened...I love Fantasmic, and love Tron in MK

I am in the same group - I love Fantasmic! (though wouldn't be upset with an update/upgrade - at least to the Dragon which is much weaker than what Disneyland has) and like Tron coming to MK vs another indoor coaster at that spot when they have RnRC right there

An update to Fantasmic! for the 50th would be nice though

Also according to DSNY Newscast the rumor of the Moana roller coaster behind the jungle cruise idea is now not going to happen, it was said that Imagineering had a toss up between doing either the Moana coaster or Tron coaster and given the success of Tron coaster in Shanghai that Moana will go back on the idea shelf

He didn't focus on this aspect but I also suspect that putting in a copy of an existing ride vs designing something brand new has to be cheaper for Disney so I am sure that is a factor (vs just "success" of the existing ride)

I would have thrown a fit tbh haha
Fantasmic is my favorite

I would have thrown a fit tbh haha
Fantasmic is my favorite
I just recently watched the new updated version of fantastic! At DLR. To be honest I was blown away. The improvements are definitely a plus. So much color compared to the previous version. However I do miss the elimination of some of the older Disney characters even if they were just on water screens. The other element that had me scratching my head was the use of the ship during the pirates sequence. Other than a few pirates swinging back and forth what was the point? I would be in favor of a similar upgrade at WDW

Something must be now locked in stone, as Martin at WDWMagic.com has started to share what former plans were for DHS....

Per Martin - had they stuck to original plans - Pixar place would have expanded out toward LMA - with Door coaster in studio 1 and a cars ride in the other area(not cars land though). Then SWL would have been in Echo lake area.

Instead we have TSL and SW:GE we have today.

Something must be now locked in stone, as Martin at WDWMagic.com has started to share what former plans were for DHS....

Per Martin - had they stuck to original plans - Pixar place would have expanded out toward LMA - with Door coaster in studio 1 and a cars ride in the other area(not cars land though). Then SWL would have been in Echo lake area.

Also note SWGE is more ambitious than the previous SWL plan.

They need to expand out towards Launch Bay to create a whole Pixar area. I love Toy Story but they are missing out on so many opportunities by not doing Pixar as a whole. Something does need to happen in the Echo Lake area but I think where they put Galaxy's Edge will maximize the space in DHS. As for Fantasmic they need to update it but not copy Disneyland.

They need to expand out towards Launch Bay to create a whole Pixar area. I love Toy Story but they are missing out on so many opportunities by not doing Pixar as a whole. Something does need to happen in the Echo Lake area but I think where they put Galaxy's Edge will maximize the space in DHS. As for Fantasmic they need to update it but not copy Disneyland.
I don't see any pixar expansion any time soon. TSL seems to be the direction they are going, and I don't see them expanding that.

Agreed would love to see work done in Echo lake area, would love a replacement of indy stunt show with a ride....maybe tied to Star tours once that gets rethemed....but alas...last I heard that area is staying as is for quite a while, except the retheme of Star tours once SW:GE opens.

yes, they need an update of Fantasmic! My family and I love this show, and we see it every time we go down. But it needs help.

I don't see any pixar expansion any time soon. TSL seems to be the direction they are going, and I don't see them expanding that.

Kick out Aerosmith and overlay Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to become Monsters Inc Door Coaster. Port over Mike and Sulley to the Rescue from DCA and put it where Star Wars Launch Bay is. Connect the 2 with some shops and a restaurant in the current backstage area between them. Boom. Monster's Inc Land. 2 rides with one being an overlay of an existing ride and one being already Imagineered. Both would really keep costs low.

Echo Lake gets a retool of Indiana Jones Stunt Show and a retheme of Star Tours to an Indiana Jones ride. Boom. Indiana Jones Land with minimal capital outlay.

Shutter Fantasmic and Beauty and the Beast. Plenty of land to bring in Cars Land from DCA. Boom. Again, already Imagineered rides. They'll leave out Mater's Junkyard Jamboree since there is already a clone of it at the Studios. Besides, you can't build a land with more than 2 rides. It just can't be done.

Grand finale boom....transformation to Lucas-Pixar Studios is complete.

Kick out Aerosmith and overlay Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to become Monsters Inc Door Coaster. Port over Mike and Sulley to the Rescue from DCA and put it where Star Wars Launch Bay is. Connect the 2 with some shops and a restaurant in the current backstage area between them. Boom. Monster's Inc Land. 2 rides with one being an overlay of an existing ride and one being already Imagineered. Both would really keep costs low.

Echo Lake gets a retool of Indiana Jones Stunt Show and a retheme of Star Tours to an Indiana Jones ride. Boom. Indiana Jones Land with minimal capital outlay.

Shutter Fantasmic and Beauty and the Beast. Plenty of land to bring in Cars Land from DCA. Boom. Again, already Imagineered rides. They'll leave out Mater's Junkyard Jamboree since there is already a clone of it at the Studios. Besides, you can't build a land with more than 2 rides. It just can't be done.

Grand finale boom....transformation to Lucas-Pixar Studios is complete.
Don't ever see that happening.

Radiator Springs Racers is essentially a clone of Test Track just with a different track layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!