The Running Thread—2023

Dec: 54.37 miles
2023: 539.19 miles

How does that compare to prior years? No idea. Not sure that I've tracked it before.

Sinus infection on/after Christmas meant no running last week. Just got back from flying to/from Kansas City to see the Chiefs and ring in the new year. (A crazy idea that turned into actuality of a big family trip). I'm hoping to run a few miles tomorrow as part of final prep, and then Thur after work I start driving south. I'll overnight near the state line to break up the trip down.

I'm hoping to run a few miles tomorrow as part of final prep, and then Thur after work I start driving south. I'll overnight near the state line to break up the trip down.

I will clear the road for you. DD and I are leaving Thursday afternoon and staying in Lake City. Plan is to get up early to hit AK for a few hours before heading to expo and HH for the meetup.

December Running
Runs: 16
Miles: 62.64
Time: 10:45:04
Avg Pace: 10:26
Avg HR: 141

December Walking
Walks: 11
Miles: 10.75 miles
Time: 3:29:35

December Strength Training
Activities: 8
Time: 4:17:24

Overall, a pretty good December for everything. I did miss two weeks of strength training - one at the beginning of the month for a work trip and the week between Christmas and New Year's because I wanted to be lazy.

I ended the year with 178 runs and 878.18 miles. This included Dopey and one other half marathon - no other races. My goal for 2023 was to cut down on mileage, which I did, after running 2022km in 2022 and 2021km in 2021. Cut about 350 miles this year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter