The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Glad to hear that the kitties have all learned to use the box!

Its quite a relief, and a lot less clean up.

How awful to have a leak for so long and not know it!

I figured it out when I paid last month's water/gas bill, but had no idea where to go looking for it.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the apartment case and rental.

At least we're over the case, now just need to rent the last place!

We were at WDW this past weekend and it was pretty chilly; they had the racks of jackets available in all the shops.

I bet! I've been hearing about the weather on the news.

We did wait for a long time for quite a few rides, but there were no children in the group and one member had not been there for more than 10 years.

I can sort of see that, but how can someone not have gone for 10 years? :eek: :rotfl2:

Hooray about the last kitty with the litter box! :cool1:

Took long enough! :faint:

How dreadful about the house leak. What a pain in the rear. :headache:

With this house its just been one thing after another.

Very thoughtful of you not to quickly take care of things with the apartment. I’m sure frustrating though.

Yeah, like today. She said we were going to go through the garage. She slept until 1PM, then we had some food while watching Meet the Press, and she fell asleep during that. I picked up where I left off on The Force Awakens. She woke up at 3:45 and wanted to start on the garage when the sun would be setting in abp ut an hour. :sad2:

That was Halloween day. I hated missing Hanson but I didn’t want the boys bothered by trick or treaters. Glad I went home because there were tons of them.

We just turn the lights off outside. They don't bother with dark houses.

Yes, we must never ever ever ever do the 45 minute bus ride again. That was just plain painful!

That is a definite drawback to that resort, and especially going to AK, since its the farthest away.

The Nomad Lounge was super yummy. I’m so glad we did that. Last month mom and I had an impromptu dinner at Tiffin’s and it’s quickly become one of our favorites. I know Fran would find things to enjoy.

Looks like it might have to wait until a future trip, not sure it will work out for September.

I didn’t like saying goodbye that day. I was goodbye until next time :( It was so wonderful spending time with you and Fran, as always.

We'll have a whole week plus this Sumner. :goodvibes

Finally got a chance to see that.

That is not a small leak!

I'm afraid to look at this month's water bill.

I like brussels sprouts, I love coconut, and don't mind Dino. Just putting in my opinions. ;)

Let me rephrase: There was nothing on the menu, that wowed me and i haven't heard any reviews to change my mind. Tiffins, on the other hand, had a weird sounding menu when it opened, it was challenging to even mine and Fran’s adventurous palates. However, every review that i have heard has praised the restaurant highly, so much so that I'm working on Fran to get her to change her mind.

I repeat... I think this place is right up you two's alley.

Its attached to Tiffins, which is on the path to Pandora.

My favorite oasis in all of Disney. Gorgeous setting, beautiful cocktails, quiet, not crowded, yummy eats. What's not to love?

Yeah, like today. She said we were going to go through the garage. She slept until 1PM, then we had some food while watching Meet the Press, and she fell asleep during that. I picked up where I left off on The Force Awakens. She woke up at 3:45 and wanted to start on the garage when the sun would be setting in abp ut an hour. :sad2:

Oh my.

We just turn the lights off outside. They don't bother with dark houses.

I had forgotten to turn off the automatic lights. They didn’t knock at all after I did that.

Looks like it might have to wait until a future trip, not sure it will work out for September.

That’s the wonderful thing, there’s always another trip :)

We'll have a whole week plus this Summer. :goodvibes

I can’t wait!!!!!!! :jumping1:

Caught up again!

That was a heck of a leak!

Yeah and i just got the water bill. :faint: I'm trying to get Fran to call the city and see if they can adjust it.

Pam is such a great friend!

She is! So nice that she lives close to Disney now!

I ate at Tiffin's and it was excellent! I need to try the lounge.

Most of my foodie friends have given it very high marks!

Oh dear, that looks like a mess. I am glad that he found the source of the leak and was able to fix it.

Yeah, it was and now we have the bill to contend with. :faint:

That does not sound good. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Yup. All done now. Next update.

That surprises me. I would have expected that at least a banshee would follow you home.

We just weren't all that taken with the movie.

The menu looks really nice and those drinks looked amazing.

The menu was rather accessible which surprised me, because when the restaurant first opened the menu was rather challenging in the dining room.

I would love to see an updated photos of the kittens!

I'll try and put some in the next update, theyre getting really big now. Almost time for them to be spayed.

I feel the same about the restaurants in Pandora, they just don't sound all that appetizing to me.

I wonder if they'll change the menu eventually.

I have read some good things about the Edison at Disney Springs; it sounds like a fun place to try.

We're talking about going there for lunch this summer...I've only heard one review so far.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Working on it. Sad but its almost over.

Today it was 28 degrees!!! I have lived in Orlando my entire life and I don't think it has ever been that cold!

We were there in 2010 and it was cold and rainy, but i dont think it got down to 28°.

Details in the next update.

That is a shame! I do remember as a kid wearing a jacket growing up in Hemet. I remember many nights they'd fire up the smudge pots for the oranges. I"m afraid those days are long gone because those groves are all gone and the weather has changed I guess.

I remember it being cold when i moved down for college 25 years ago. And there were still orange groves in the valley then as well, but they're long gone now.

Well, thank goodness!

And we're still down one scooter.

Pam is indeed a good friend. LOL!

Yes. Yes she is!

I do think you'd both like it there.

Theres a few things on the menu that im not sure about, but I'm sure we'd find something we liked.

I know! So weird. But I did take a photo of the menu, so will double check.

Standing by....

Tiffins was one of our favorite meals when we went last in 2016. In fact Tiffins is the only place dd has asked to repeat on our trip in Sept. The service was excellent and the food was soooo good. I had halibut that was excellent (and I don't generally like fish) the waitress said it was really good and I should try it if I didn't like it she would bring me something else. I am so glad I went out of comfort zone and tried it.

I generally love Halibut unless it's prepared with an odd sauce, so i would be all over that.

You mean to say I’m the only one who likes brussel sprouts, coconut, AND Dinoland??? :duck:

I'm going to stay out of this discussion! Although I never said I hated Brussel Sprouts, Fran just won't let me bring them in the house!

Ah. Smart. Worth the small amount of leakage.

For the flushing alone....

And I thought I was done... then looked up yesterday and "D'oh! Forgot the reindeer on top of the cabinet."

I still had my Charlie Brown tree over the oven in a display cabinet. Grabbed that yesterday and took everything back to storage. Completely finished now.

Me too! Two days ago it got up to 40! Unheard of up here this time of year.

It gets down to 40 at night here. Sometimes.

They do? I'll have to look for that! :)

Well my big and somewhat fancy grocery store had it. Not sure if they all do.

The pool has a deep end, no?

I dont think this one did.

Oh, of course. :sad2: It'd be the one thing you'd have to replace (usually.)

Actually there are two batteries inside the shell compartment, and depending on how skilled you are with electricity and a wrench, you can buy the batteries yourself and change them. Or you can go to the scooter store and pay twice as much, but they'll install them for you.

True. Just.... you have to rub it to make it "hot" and then it spits.... I dunno... :rolleyes1

:eek: This is a FAMILY board! :snooty:

Yeah! There are characters to wait for!

:rolleyes2:

We may be going to a party thus year and i told her about your crazy wait and she said "No Way".

Nah. If I write it (IF!) it'll be quicker. Trust me.

Well when i make my way back to your TR, i will be urging you to continue writing...

Interesting! So the reviews (for that restaurant at least) are what sold it for you.

Pretty much. And they were from people whose opinions i value highly. Like i know they know good food.

Okay. Think I know where that is (and the map showed it, so... now I know.)

Kinda tucked away....

That is not poutine. That's fries with some cheese and gravy on the side.

Yeah, I'll have to come to Canada for real poutine.

This is proof that there are four people in the world who like Brussels sprouts and coconut.... and no more.

:lmao:

The only coconut I like is in my pina coladas.

Why i dont like Pina Coladas.

then don't!

Oh... wait... that won't work.

Yeah, almost $1000. :eek:

I like brussels sprouts, I love coconut, and don't mind Dino. Just putting in my opinions. ;)

You're entitled to your opinions. It's a free country, for now.

I repeat... I think this place is right up you two's alley.

I hope so. I think i have her convinced. Maybe on our March 2019 trip with my parents.

I had forgotten to turn off the automatic lights. They didn’t knock at all after I did that.

Good deal.

That’s the wonderful thing, there’s always another trip :)

At least with DVC there is!

I can’t wait!!!!!!! :jumping1:

You need to get in on the planning group! I know you don't want to do FB, but its so easy to plan stuff when we're all right there and no one else can read it!

For the flushing alone....

Ew... yes.

still had my Charlie Brown tree over the oven in a display cabinet. Grabbed that yesterday and took everything back to storage. Completely finished now.

Me too.
Well... except for the outside lights. But I won't try that until the snow's gone. Too dangerous.

It gets down to 40 at night here. Sometimes.

It's dipped a bit today. We were having unseasonably warm weather. It's -6 right now.

I dont think this one did.

Inconvenient.

Then again, we know Jimmy Hoffa isn't there.

Actually there are two batteries inside the shell compartment, and depending on how skilled you are with electricity and a wrench, you can buy the batteries yourself and change them. Or you can go to the scooter store and pay twice as much, but they'll install them for you.

Pretty sure most people with a smattering of knowledge would be able to change a battery.

We may be going to a party thus year and i told her about your crazy wait and she said "No Way".

:laughing:

I won't do that ever again!
That was a once and done for the TR kinda deal.

Well when i make my way back to your TR, i will be urging you to continue writing...

All done now.

Yeah, I'll have to come to Canada for real poutine.

::yes::

You need to get in on the planning group! I know you don't want to do FB, but its so easy to plan stuff when we're all right there and no one else can read it!

Yes! You can set your account to private and just join our group. We aren't very scary! ;)

Jill in CO

Well our next trip to Florida is starting to shape up! We have two nights before the cruise at Bay Lake Tower, and with the two bathrooms we can share the room with friends who will be joining us on the cruise. After the cruise we have a Grand Villa reserved at SSR and on the 1st of February I hope to change that to OKW. Now all we’re waiting for is Southwest to release their airfare on February 15th!

Still trying to rent apartment #3. Even though it's a nice and spacious place, it has no balcony or patio space and that seems to be a big drawback. But eventually someone will take it.

The other fun thing two weeks ago was the result of a predatory tenant who moved out last summer. He gave his 30 day notice, and then two weeks later moved out and turned in the keys. We had our contractor all set up to start work the day after he originally planned to move out and there was nothing we could do to change the schedule. Now I don’t know about other states, but in California a landlord must refund the security deposit or provide a detailed accounting of any deductions over $125 within 21 days of vacating the apartment.

Because this jerk moved out two weeks early, he felt that we needed to provide this two weeks before our planned timing for completing the work. We ended up in Small Claims court a couple weeks ago and the judge said that he would return his decision by mail as he needed to think about the case. We got a letter five days later that we won. Stupid jerk.

The kitties are really keeping us busy. I promised some pictures so here they are, these are from the last few weeks. Tesla has been wanting to play with the ginger cats for weeks now. Finally they are starting to respond to his efforts to play

q18IRL0129KIT01.jpg

q18IRL0129KIT02.jpg

The kittens are now big enough that they can’t share spots on the kitty condos.

q18IRL0129KIT03.jpg

They really enjoyed “finding Nemo”.

q18IRL0129KIT04.jpg

The kittens have completed the “kitten plan" at the vet and are ready to be spayed/neutered, but O’Malley caught a cold, and Amelia came down with pneumonia. She stayed at the vet last night (Fran took her in at around 11PM) and she’s spending tonight there too. O’Malley is taking antibiotics and hopefully his cough will go away. We brought in Tesla to the vet, cause he has been sneezing, but the vet said other than the sneezing he is healthy so she wants to let the virus run it’s course. We have a couple other kids who need to go in because they are sneezing too, but we have appointments for the kittens to be spayed/neutered and hopefully we can keep those appointments as they will be healthy when their dates roll around.

We left off saying goodbye to Pam when our pager went off at Tusker House restaurant. I booked this dinner with the RoL package. So far we had done pretty well with respect to ticking off our must do items. We'd eaten three fabulous wine lunches, rode Navi River Journey, and we would see RoL this evening.

But before we went into the restaurant, we needed to find a parking space where Fran could plug in the rental scooter to charge. The battery was dipping really low, which was sad because we didn't leave the room until almost noon and it was only 4 o’clock.

I didn’t want to go take pictures of everything on the buffet, but there was nice mix of African style foods and things for unadventurous Americans.

z17FW1031AK45.jpg

z17FW1031AK46.jpg

We were seated in a room and not too far from the buffet area.

z17FW1031AK47.jpg

Fran had made a pit stop on the way to our being seated, so I received our tickets for the show while she was still on her way into the room.

z17FW1031AK48.jpg

On her way into the dining room, Fran had taken a spin around the buffet area to see what they had on offer, she asked me to get her a plate with Mini Corn Dogs, mashed potatoes and gravy.

z17FW1031AK49.jpg

Before I could go up and get myself a plate Goofy came to visit.

z17FW1031AK50.jpg

z17FW1031AK51.jpg

z17FW1031AK52.jpg

z17FW1031AK53.jpg

z17FW1031AK54.jpg

After that I got myself some roasted chicken, white cheddar mac and cheese, green beans, and chicken curry over rice. The chicken curry was probably my favorite besides the Mac, I ate all of the curry which I can't say for the chicken and beans.

z17FW1031AK55.jpg

Then the Main Mouse came by the table.

z17FW1031AK56.jpg

z17FW1031AK57.jpg

z17FW1031AK58.jpg

Daisy came round next.

z17FW1031AK59.jpg

z17FW1031AK60.jpg

And then Fran went up and got a plate of who knows what! But it was a big plate of stuff including dessert (which she shared with me).

z17FW1031AK61.jpg

I went back up to the buffet and this time I got a veggie samosa, some mealie pap, and Israeli cous cous. I didn't want to run out of room before dessert, hence the tiny portions.

z17FW1031AK62.jpg

The samosa was delicious, as was the mealie pap. The cous cous had too much of an odd tasting herb in it. Then Donald finally came by.

z17FW1031AK63.jpg

z17FW1031AK64.jpg

z17FW1031AK65.jpg

I went back for some banana bread pudding and an almond cake with raspberry. I loved the zebra coffee cake Fran shared and the chocolate cheesecake was very rich. The bread pudding was excellent too, but we were stuffed and had enough to eat.

z17FW1031AK67.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

We went back to Pandora hoping that the bioluminescent stuff would come on, but no luck.

z17FW1031AK68.jpg

z17FW1031AK69.jpg

z17FW1031AK70.jpg

z17FW1031AK71.jpg

z17FW1031AK72.jpg

z17FW1031AK73.jpg

z17FW1031AK74.jpg

z17FW1031AK74.jpg

z17FW1031AK75.jpg

z17FW1031AK76.jpg

z17FW1031AK77.jpg

Then we had to take our seats for Rivers of Light. But first we had to find an outlet so that Fran could continue to charge the rental scooter. She rode mine while I walked.

There was a really pleasant surprise in the seating here. Normally handicapped accessible seats are all at the top of the theater, but they had built a walkway with no steps that led to the base of the stadium, and we were able to have a front row seat!

z17FW1031AK78.jpg

z17FW1031AK79.jpg

There was a PP photographer hanging out nearby so we went over to get a few pictures with him.

z17FW1031AK80.jpg

z17FW1031AK81.jpg

The show started with a “shaman” of sorts boarding a boat. There was another boat on the other side and I have to assume that someone similar came out and boarded that boat. They sort of met in the middle.

z17FW1031AK82.jpg

z17FW1031AK86.jpg

z17FW1031AK85.jpg

And then other things started to come out onto the water.

z17FW1031AK83.jpg

z17FW1031AK84.jpg

There were lots of projections (which didn’t come out well in my pictures) and lots of music like a masseuse might play for you to help you drift off into a calming sleep.

z17FW1031AK87.jpg

There were giant animals on the water, and animals on the projections.

z17FW1031AK88.jpg

z17FW1031AK89.jpg

z17FW1031AK90.jpg

There were laser light shows with water.

z17FW1031AK91.jpg

z17FW1031AK92.jpg

z17FW1031AK93.jpg

z17FW1031AK94.jpg

z17FW1031AK95.jpg

As the ships returned to their docks the show ended. It was nice enough and we enjoyed the show, but don't need to see it again. It was kind if like a combination of Illuminations and World of Color, combining the least interesting facets of each show.

We waited in our seats to let the crowds dissipate and Fran deduced it was better for her to walk up the hill instead of trying to ride the scooter up, it was sort of steep and she thought it might be hard on the scooter.

We retrieved her rental scooter and it didn't seem like it charged at all, so she stayed on my scooter and I rode the rental. By the time we got to the bus stop every station was mobbed. They had folks working each station to make sure enough buses were coming for each resort and they kept track of all the folks in scooters to make sure that they got on the buses in a fair and orderly manner.

Since we were a pair we were at a disadvantage, when we were “up" there was one person in front of us, so we could have either split up or wait for the next bus. We chose to wait. We ended up waiting over an hour for a bus and finally made it back to the room. I ran the dishwasher and had to do one more load of laundry. I fryed us each a couple pieces of Texas Toast while I waited for the washer to finish. “Dinner" was a long time ago. After placing the laundry in the dryer, I went to bed.

Glad the judge ruled in your favor! People suck.

Are you planning on keeping all the kittens or looking at adopting them out once they are spayed/neutered? We're going to get a puppy in a couple months (litter was just born yesterday!) but the contract won't allow neutering until growth is completed (so about a year) This is ok though.

Looks like you had a nice evening at Animal Kingdom. Your review of River of Lights sounds like most people's reviews. We haven't seen it yet and I think I'm ok with that. You got some nice photos of it though!

We retrieved her rental scooter and it didn't seem like it charged at all, so she stayed on my scooter and I rode the rental.
I can't believe even the rental scooter gave you issues. You did not have luck with scooters this trip.
We're going to get a puppy in a couple months (litter was just born yesterday!) but the contract won't allow neutering until growth is completed (so about a year) This is ok though.
What type of puppy are you getting?
I have been fostering puppies for a local rescue. They will not adopt out the dogs until they have been spayed or neutered. They get a pediatric spay. I think they like them to be around 12 weeks old but since sometimes they are dumped at the shelter, their is no real clue about their ages.

What type of puppy are you getting?
I have been fostering puppies for a local rescue. They will not adopt out the dogs until they have been spayed or neutered. They get a pediatric spay. I think they like them to be around 12 weeks old but since sometimes they are dumped at the shelter, their is no real clue about their ages.

Rhodesian Ridgeback

I took me a while to find an excellent breeder and wade past the puppy mills. Pediatric spays are such a source of debate. I totally get why rescues do them so early so that they don't add to the pet overpopulation. With certain breeds though, it can lead to joint problems because of the larger bones. We can keep it away from girls in heat.

Since we are planning on running distance with the dog we want to make sure we do what's right for the joints.

Well our next trip to Florida is starting to shape up! We have two nights before the cruise at Bay Lake Tower, and with the two bathrooms we can share the room with friends who will be joining us on the cruise. After the cruise we have a Grand Villa reserved at SSR and on the 1st of February I hope to change that to OKW. Now all we’re waiting for is Southwest to release their airfare on February 15th!

Sounds like it's all coming together.

Still trying to rent apartment #3. Even though it's a nice and spacious place, it has no balcony or patio space and that seems to be a big drawback. But eventually someone will take it.

Still not rented. Hope it goes soon. :)

The other fun thing two weeks ago was the result of a predatory tenant who moved out last summer. He gave his 30 day notice, and then two weeks later moved out and turned in the keys. We had our contractor all set up to start work the day after he originally planned to move out and there was nothing we could do to change the schedule. Now I don’t know about other states, but in California a landlord must refund the security deposit or provide a detailed accounting of any deductions over $125 within 21 days of vacating the apartment.

Because this jerk moved out two weeks early, he felt that we needed to provide this two weeks before our planned timing for completing the work. We ended up in Small Claims court a couple weeks ago and the judge said that he would return his decision by mail as he needed to think about the case. We got a letter five days later that we won. Stupid jerk.

So that's what you were going to court about.
Yeah... that's a dick move. I guess he figured you wouldn't go to court and just not bother. Good for you!

:) Love that shot.

The kittens are now big enough that they can’t share spots on the kitty condos.

Apartments and condos!

:lmao:

Hope all the kitties will be okay.

So far we had done pretty well with respect to ticking off our must do items.

Stop ticking off the must do items! What did they ever do to you?

The battery was dipping really low, which was sad because we didn't leave the room until almost noon and it was only 4 o’clock.

That's not very long. Time to replace that sucker.

We were seated in a room and not too far from the buffet area.

Oh! I didn't even know Tusker was a buffet.
Not sure why not.

she asked me to get her a plate with Mini Corn Dogs, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Interesting first course.

Awwww!

The chicken curry was probably my favorite besides the Mac

Really! Would not have guessed. :)

But it was a big plate of stuff

This is the kind of in depth reporting that keeps us coming back for more.

some mealie pap

Ew. No.

The bread pudding was excellent too

Looks really good!

We went back to Pandora hoping that the bioluminescent stuff would come on, but no luck.

Come on? Isn't it just glow in the dark, mostly?

Huh! I don't remember those.

Nice backlit shot!

There was a really pleasant surprise in the seating here. Normally handicapped accessible seats are all at the top of the theater, but they had built a walkway with no steps that led to the base of the stadium, and we were able to have a front row seat!

Nice!!

Cool lighting.

Whoa! Can't get much closer than that!

Beautiful capture.

I started to say that this was a nice shot, but.... geez! They all are!
I could quote every one, but... all your shots are really nice, Alison.

It was nice enough and we enjoyed the show, but don't need to see it again.

Hmmm... Not exactly the highest praise.

It was kind if like a combination of Illuminations and World of Color, combining the least interesting facets of each show.

:laughing: That strikes me as really funny.

We ended up waiting over an hour for a bus

Aw, man.... that's way too long. Sorry to hear that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter