The search had paid off

wildwood

DIS Veteran
As the title says I have this morning at 3am my I add I don't sleep have eventually found good flights for our 2019 trip . Been searching every hour or so since Monday as husband got his three weeks holiday approved so I was right on the internet searching for flight to our happy place . Everything I found was very expensive we are going 31st March to the 20th April and for five nights we are staying at port Orleans French quarter which I booked through attraction ticket direct and have to say got a great deal on that but flights where stupid money . Anyway after search after search and not finding any thing less then £750 for decent flights I got two flights this morning with united for £489 each , I have never got the credit card out quicker lol .
So the holiday approved, flights booked and our first time to port Orleans so if any one has any tips for the hotel it would be great to hear .
Now off to look for car hire , wish me luck

Great news on the flight price, anything under £500 is a bargain especially when you are going near to Easter :thumbsup2

Well done you :) that's a great price on flights and hope you manage to get a great deal on Car Hire as well.

We stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter at Christmas in 2016. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again. Some tips - we faxed our room request before we left and asked for a corner room which was lovely as we had 2 windows instead of the usual one. We were in building 5 which was very centrally located, although the resort is small so any building would be close to everything. The boat to Disney Springs is a plus, although we found the waits for the boat to be quite long if you just missed one. The boat also goes to Port Orleans Riverside first so if the boat is full it may mean none/only a few people at POFQ can get on the boat. We also got a bit fed up waiting for the busses so ended up driving to the parks a fair bit. The parking at the hotel was fine, we never struggled to find a space. We found the food court to be perfectly adequate for our needs - and the fruit we managed to pick up there was good, we bought some clementines from Walmart in the hope of saving a few $ but the quality was awful. We also had a few drinks at Scat Cat's which we also enjoyed!

Have a great time - it is a lovely resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter