The Set is Complete!

She took my paperwork and passports and proceeded to show the girl how to process my paperwork and was handed 4 annual passes!

Is there a reason you got an annual pass for all four and not just one of you?

What a great trip report...It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time... thanks so much for all the the info....

DH and I are planning on going late April -Early May 2020... and knocking off 2 more Disney parks Shanghi and Hong Kong, then we will have only one left of the set...
We have WDW ( AP holder and FL residents), DL(2013), and DLP(2018) all done....

DH and I are a bit worried about traveling and speaking none of the language, We did good in France with me learning more than enough to get by on and google translate.. I will try to learn some basic words... hopefully I won't slaughter them to much... Any tips on the language barrier, would greatly appreciated...

The club room did it offer a go mix of cuisine?

The annual pass is a wonderful idea.... Did you purchase it ahead of time, or once you arrived?... I might have missed it ... sorry if you already covered this question... if the price is close and you get more perks it makes good sense...

Also is tipping not allowed? I have read several things that says no tipping or tipping not permitted...

One more question... DH is tall almost 6"5, and I have blonde hair... I know that we are going to stick out somewhat, and are willing to pose for pictures which I have seen in other post and on -line that some times people will ask for a picture with you... Which we are totally fine with and will be happy to go with whatever... did you notice this?

Getting a travel visa where do I start for this, and about how long will it take... and what do I need to know to get them...

Did you carry your passport with you at all times?

Is there a reason you got an annual pass for all four and not just one of you?

Sorry for the very late reply to this. I didn't have a reason when I bought them, but after I did, I found out that I could use multiple discounts at the stores since I had the membership for all of us. When I exhausted the discount on one pass on my phone, we just moved to the next one.

What a great trip report...It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time... thanks so much for all the the info....

DH and I are planning on going late April -Early May 2020... and knocking off 2 more Disney parks Shanghi and Hong Kong, then we will have only one left of the set...
We have WDW ( AP holder and FL residents), DL(2013), and DLP(2018) all done....

DH and I are a bit worried about traveling and speaking none of the language, We did good in France with me learning more than enough to get by on and google translate.. I will try to learn some basic words... hopefully I won't slaughter them to much... Any tips on the language barrier, would greatly appreciated...

Sadly, we didn't speak the language, but we have learned that you can always get by. Anytime we had an issue with language, we either used our phones to translate or they found someone that spoke English.

The club room did it offer a go mix of cuisine?

Yes, they had a mix of western and Chinese dishes

The annual pass is a wonderful idea.... Did you purchase it ahead of time, or once you arrived?... I might have missed it ... sorry if you already covered this question... if the price is close and you get more perks it makes good sense...

I purchased this ahead of time as we already had our dates. It was easy to do online.

Also is tipping not allowed? I have read several things that says no tipping or tipping not permitted...

Normally, you do not tip in China. When we were in Shanghai, we never tipped. However, at some of the restaurants in Disney Town, it seems that some of the Western restaurants were allowing tipping.

One more question... DH is tall almost 6"5, and I have blonde hair... I know that we are going to stick out somewhat, and are willing to pose for pictures which I have seen in other post and on -line that some times people will ask for a picture with you... Which we are totally fine with and will be happy to go with whatever... did you notice this?

I saw this once in a while, so yes, it does happen.

Getting a travel visa where do I start for this, and about how long will it take... and what do I need to know to get them...

We went ahead and got the 10 year visa as it is the same cost. Luckily for us, we have a Chinese consulate here in Houston where we applied in person. If you do not have a consulate nearby, then you can use a visa service online.

Did you carry your passport with you at all times?

Yes, we did and we were asked for them plenty of times. I would keep a photocopy of them in your room, but keep your passports with you at all times. We purchased a security travel backpack that had a compartment that faces your back, so nobody could access it as long as you wore it. I kept them in there.

Hope that helps!

Yes, we did and we were asked for them plenty of times. I would keep a photocopy of them in your room, but keep your passports with you at all times. We purchased a security travel backpack that had a compartment that faces your back, so nobody could access it as long as you wore it. I kept them in there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the info.... DH and I have locking, RFID - protected backpack for DH and as well I have a messenger crossbody that locks and has RFID protecting and they are both slash proof... we invested in them last year before we went to Paris and DLP and we were really glad that we did. We met several people that had been the victims of pick pockets and one couple had there backpack slashed and it cut the woman wearing it.

We are in Florida and so it would be quite a drive for us to get our travel visa...

We have some friends that went to Japan last year, so we are looking into this for next year, for where we are at right now in our life, we think that this might be a better fit...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!