The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread

Discussion in 'Hotel & Accommodations Reviews' started by bankr63, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Tigerlily26

Tigerlily26 Earning My Ears

Thank you

2. Tigerlily26

Super excited booked one bedroom for Mach 9 to 21

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Tigerlily26

Could anyone direct me where I can find photos of the bedrooms aside from the Sheraton website?
    Thanks

5. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Tripadvisor should have some, and there are many throughout this thread.

If you are looking for a sample of a one bedroom villa, this was our one-bedroom premium in Lakes in May 2015:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

This is from Fountains 1, from our stay in May 2017. This is the guest bedroom:

[​IMG]

And this is the master:

[​IMG]

I will see if I can find my Spas pics.

7. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Found them. Here are the bedrooms in the Spas section:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jump00 likes this.
  8. Tigerlily26

Thanks thats great

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom in Cascades 4 years ago
    But are going to do a 1 bedroom thus time

9. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

I know I have missed this, but there was a lot of pages.

Bathroom Tubs: Does the one bedroom have at least the larger than normal tub if it does not have the whirlpool style?

If I stay here, the price difference is not too great so it is down to the bathtub to make the chose between 1 or 2 bedroom.

Thank you.

10. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

As with most things Vistana, the answer is "it depends". The "premium" 1BR (larger half of the lockoff) have a large Jacuzzi tub and either a walk in shower or a regular tub in the main bath. The smaller 1BR appear to have a regular tub, but they may be jetted. In the rendering for the floor plan, they appear to be regular tubs though. When my SIL was in the small 1BR, it was just a regular tub. There are variances in the villas, with hundreds of villas across 9 different sections, covering 135 acres, there are bound to be some differences.

If you have more than two people going, I would always say spend the few extra $$ for a 2BR. They generally aren't much more money, and offer a ton more space. I usually book 2BR villas wherever we travel, even it is just two of us, for the extra space provided.

11. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

I will be solo, but for the small price difference, especially for a 1 night stay, I may go with the 2 bedroom.

Thank you.

12. TheJRock300

TheJRock300 Earning My Ears

Do all rooms have a DVD player? Am I able to hook up my Amazon Firestick to the TV?

What is the wifi cost?

13. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

Yes, there is a DVD player integrated into the Bose entertainment system in the living area only. No DVD in the bedrooms IIRC. You can probably hook up a firestick; there is no real attempt to disable the HDMI ports on the TV (again IIRC - my son brought his PS one year and hooked up in the 2nd bedroom). Basic WiFi is free and fine for checking email etc., but if you are planning on using a firestick on the resort WiFi you will probably want the upgraded network service which has a service fee. I think about $10/day, cheaper by the entire week. No comment on the quality of the premium service; the free basic always suffices for my needs.

I just noticed that Vistana has posted a concierge phone number on the website. You can call Call 1-888-716-8667 to ask about amenities (and confirm fees).