The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Oh, if they are giving him points or credit plus that rate, it is almost definitely for a timeshare presentation. There is no other reason for them to do this. It sounded to me like he was using points + cash.

I'm not aware of any legal maximum, just that the material almost always says how long the presentation will be, and you don't need to stay any longer than that. If you walk out before the time is up, they can revert your stay to full rack rate.

Sheraton/Vistana is not know for high pressure though, so getting through it is not really a hassle.

Sheraton/Vistana is not know for high pressure though, so getting through it is not really a hassle.

Our last two "owners updates" at SVR were less than an hour each :thumbsup2. Our last one.....May 2018......we were in and out in 50 minutes. It's almost like a sport to us now :laughing:.

Hi @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina , I am really considering staying at SVR this year so thanks so much for sending me this link to read up on it. I have a question, early in the thread there is a mention of the "resort map" being color-coded to give an idea of what Section you will be placed in based on check-in dates. Is that still true? I always check-in to a resort on Saturday. My DH requires a building with an elevator since we don't like ground floor units. I would also need a 2 bedroom that sleeps 8. How can I get an idea of Section/Area I would most likely be placed in? Are requests honored if I rent from an owner? I am thinking of using either TUG, Redweek or SkyAuction. What are your thoughts, advice and opinions? I am thinking of an August Saturday check-in on either 8/17 or 8/24. I need a building with an elevator and prefer my balcony to overlook the pool. Pool noise doesn't bother us at all. I look forward to hearing suggestions, advice and tips. Thanks in Advance. :goodvibes

Hi @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina , I am really considering staying at SVR this year so thanks so much for sending me this link to read up on it. I have a question, early in the thread there is a mention of the "resort map" being color-coded to give an idea of what Section you will be placed in based on check-in dates. Is that still true? I always check-in to a resort on Saturday. My DH requires a building with an elevator since we don't like ground floor units. I would also need a 2 bedroom that sleeps 8. How can I get an idea of Section/Area I would most likely be placed in? Are requests honored if I rent from an owner? I am thinking of using either TUG, Redweek or SkyAuction. What are your thoughts, advice and opinions? I am thinking of an August Saturday check-in on either 8/17 or 8/24. I need a building with an elevator and prefer my balcony to overlook the pool. Pool noise doesn't bother us at all. I look forward to hearing suggestions, advice and tips. Thanks in Advance. :goodvibes

Hi Tamara,

The only two sections of the resort which have elevators are Cascades and Lakes, and both of those sections allow for Saturday check-in. If you are searching on TUG or Redweek, then you'll be wanting to look for someone who owns in one of those specific areas. Otherwise, all other sections will have stairs to navigate unless you get a ground floor villa.

The map is a often good resource for determining which sections and buildings you might be assigned to based on your specific check-in day, but it's still just a loose guide: exceptions do get made from time to time. We own in Fountains and have occasionally been placed in a building that doesn't line up with our check-in day per the resort map.

Let us know if you have any other questions that we can help with!

Hi Tamara,

The only two sections of the resort which have elevators are Cascades and Lakes, and both of those sections allow for Saturday check-in. If you are searching on TUG or Redweek, then you'll be wanting to look for someone who owns in one of those specific areas. Otherwise, all other sections will have stairs to navigate unless you get a ground floor villa.

The map is a often good resource for determining which sections and buildings you might be assigned to based on your specific check-in day, but it's still just a loose guide: exceptions do get made from time to time. We own in Fountains and have occasionally been placed in a building that doesn't line up with our check-in day per the resort map.

Let us know if you have any other questions that we can help with!

Thanks Gina. I will try to find a someone who owns in Cascades or Lakes. Now which one has the best poolview from the balcony? My DH and DD12 think that SVR may be a disappointment if we don't get a building with an elevator and with a poolview from the balcony. It can be difficult to get my family to think outside the box sometimes. So I am trying to read and ask questions as much as possible to increase our chances of getting what we like.

Thanks Gina. I will try to find a someone who owns in Cascades or Lakes. Now which one has the best poolview from the balcony? My DH and DD12 think that SVR may be a disappointment if we don't get a building with an elevator and with a poolview from the balcony. It can be difficult to get my family to think outside the box sometimes. So I am trying to read and ask questions as much as possible to increase our chances of getting what we like.

I think that's where you might have a bit more difficulty. You can request a pool view and you might get it (Vistana staff generally try to grant as many guest requests as they can) but then again, that might not be possible. Most villas have a water view of some sort....if not a pool view, then you are likely to have a view of one of the many ponds that are scattered throughout the resort. I would recommend that you submit your requests to the resort two weeks prior to your arrival, and just manage your expectations (as well as those of your family). Hopefully they will be able to get you in a villa that checks all your boxes, but if not....hopefully it will be pretty darn close.

Can anyone tell me if the rooms have hair dryers? Thanks so much!

Yes they do :thumbsup2. Each bathroom will/should have one (so if you have a two bed/two bath villa, you'll have a hair dryer in each bath).

They are fairly basic quality, but even as a long-haired girl, I haven't felt the need to bring my own from home on any of our trips. They do the job.

Yes they do :thumbsup2. Each bathroom will/should have one (so if you have a two bed/two bath villa, you'll have a hair dryer in each bath).

They are fairly basic quality, but even as a long-haired girl, I haven't felt the need to bring my own from home on any of our trips. They do the job.
Thank you so much!

We are staying there in a few weeks, we are getting the 2 bedroom. As far as the kitchen goes should I bring anything? We are trying to eat in some to save money. We are not eating anything fancy. We are driving so it's easy to bring stuff. So at least the instapot is comming.

When we are driving there, we bring a grocery "box" of stuff. IIRC, here is what we normally pack:
  • Coffee grinder, french press, fresh coffee (we are coffee snobs)
  • If not a coffee snob, bring some standard basket filters for the coffee maker. Or just grab a morning Starbucks at the Marketplace onsite.
  • A couple of good knives - the ones in the unit are cheap and not well loved
  • A pair of kitchen shears
  • Salt and Pepper grinders (they only provide little teeny shakers)
  • One good non-stick fry pan (see comment about the knives - same thing)
  • A small travel size of cooking oil/spray (lest you have to buy a big one)
  • Some ziplock bags or collapsible containers for leftovers or park lunches
  • water bottles and/or flat pack bottles - buy a big jug of water at Publix and keep it in the fridge- Florida water tastes terrible. This is much more enviro and budget friendly than a few hundred little disposable bottles.
  • A corkscrew and wine stopper. They do provide a corkscrew, but not a good one. Or just buy screw top wine.
  • Can cozies to take to the pool
  • If you know a few recipes you want to make, bring any needed spices with you in small quantities
  • Lysol wipes - because you just don't know who was in the villa before you...
  • Bring a few Tide pods and dryer sheets if you plan to do a couple of loads of laundry
Obviously if we fly down (haven't flown in probably 8 years now) we pare this list down a bit. Some of this stuff stays permanently packed for all of our timeshare stays.

If I could add something to the list above it's pool toys if your kids use them. They don't have pool noodles, floaties, etc. available to use; only to buy. My kids are grown but we like to use noodles and rafts to float in the pool and missed having them.

We booked the Sheraton again through Interval (getaway) for May! I'm looking forward to staying here again! They only had two bedroom units available for our week so we took one even though it's just DH and I... unless some of our adult children decide to come. We booked a Friday check in and I think one of the Lakes section buildings has a Friday check in. ??? We LOVE the Lakes pool with the zero entry and its a little quieter than the Fountains pool, but still close if we want food or a drink.

When we are driving there, we bring a grocery "box" of stuff. IIRC, here is what we normally pack:
  • Coffee grinder, french press, fresh coffee (we are coffee snobs)
  • If not a coffee snob, bring some standard basket filters for the coffee maker. Or just grab a morning Starbucks at the Marketplace onsite.
  • A couple of good knives - the ones in the unit are cheap and not well loved
  • A pair of kitchen shears
  • Salt and Pepper grinders (they only provide little teeny shakers)
  • One good non-stick fry pan (see comment about the knives - same thing)
  • A small travel size of cooking oil/spray (lest you have to buy a big one)
  • Some ziplock bags or collapsible containers for leftovers or park lunches
  • water bottles and/or flat pack bottles - buy a big jug of water at Publix and keep it in the fridge- Florida water tastes terrible. This is much more enviro and budget friendly than a few hundred little disposable bottles.
  • A corkscrew and wine stopper. They do provide a corkscrew, but not a good one. Or just buy screw top wine.
  • Can cozies to take to the pool
  • If you know a few recipes you want to make, bring any needed spices with you in small quantities
  • Lysol wipes - because you just don't know who was in the villa before you...
  • Bring a few Tide pods and dryer sheets if you plan to do a couple of loads of laundry
Obviously if we fly down (haven't flown in probably 8 years now) we pare this list down a bit. Some of this stuff stays permanently packed for all of our timeshare stays.

I think you are amazing, thanks so much for the help I would have so forgotten stuff.

If I could add something to the list above it's pool toys if your kids use them. They don't have pool noodles, floaties, etc. available to use; only to buy. My kids are grown but we like to use noodles and rafts to float in the pool and missed having them.

We booked the Sheraton again through Interval (getaway) for May! I'm looking forward to staying here again! They only had two bedroom units available for our week so we took one even though it's just DH and I... unless some of our adult children decide to come. We booked a Friday check in and I think one of the Lakes section buildings has a Friday check in. ??? We LOVE the Lakes pool with the zero entry and its a little quieter than the Fountains pool, but still close if we want food or a drink.

Thanks for that. I am hoping they have that dollar tree has that stuff down there. Here not yet

Could someone give me a quick run down on which amenities are free and what I should expect to pay for, if I use them? Extra fees for mini golf? I know there's a kids club with crafts; are they free or extra fees to do them? Can we just borrow a basketball? What other game-type amenities are there - ping pong, foosball, etc? Approximate costs of arcade games?

Also what can I expect for pool party type of activities? Things to keep kids interested (think 10-year-olds)?

Thanks for that. I am hoping they have that dollar tree has that stuff down there. Here not yet

We found cheap pool tubes and floats at Publix. This was in November, so I'd assume Orlando in general has that type of stuff year-round at multiple stores. On our last day, we handed ours off to a couple of kids at the pool, since I didn't want to deflate, dry, and pack cheapies for our return flight.

Could someone give me a quick run down on which amenities are free and what I should expect to pay for, if I use them? Extra fees for mini golf? I know there's a kids club with crafts; are they free or extra fees to do them? Can we just borrow a basketball? What other game-type amenities are there - ping pong, foosball, etc? Approximate costs of arcade games?

Also what can I expect for pool party type of activities? Things to keep kids interested (think 10-year-olds)?

Mini golf is an extra fee, but they have specials throughout the week where whole families can golf for $10 total. Those are clearly marked on the activity guide that they will provide you with at check-in.

Basketballs, yes you just borrow those from one of the activity centers. They will only charge you if you don't return it when you are finished.

I've never played tennis, but I think its the same premise as basketball (you can borrow rackets and balls and return them once done).

There are 2 sand volleyball courts, one on each side of the resort (next to the Super Pool and next to the Fountains pool). Balls can be borrowed from the activity centers.

There is a shuffleboard court in the Fountains section. Not sure if there is one on the other side as well.

The Falls pool has a slide. The Cascades pool has a waterfall and sprinklers. The Fountains pool has an in-water volleyball net and a waterfall.

There is an Escape Game in the Fountains Recreation Center (extra fee).

Surrey bikes can be rented (for a fee) from the Cascades Recreation Center.

Dive-in Movies are free. Tubes can be purchased or you can bring your own.

Gatorland comes once a week and offers a poolside session (no charge).

Pool activities.....we have seen snow cone making, create-your-own ice cream sundaes, tie-dye t-shirts, and s'mores/popcorn next poolside at the Fountains pool. Shirts I *know* there is a fee for, food I would suspect also has a small charge.

Other poolside events.....Karaoke, the weekly Vacation Celebration (Mondays, I think), family game shows (with small prizes like free snow cones to the winners) .... all free.

Bingo is offered several times a week, but that is a small fee to play (prizes are awarded to winners).

There is a magic show once per week at the Fountains Recreation Center (buffet dinner + the show for about $20 per person).

Depending on the time of year that you visit, there could be other events going on. For example, there was a Halloween Party (two, actually....one early in the evening "just for kids" which included a costume parade and a later one that was adult-friendly) when we were there on October 31st. Free to attend with prizes for costumes.

The FUN Team also offers indoor activities for kids and families when their outdoor events are cancelled due to weather.

There are multiple AWESOME playgrounds around the resort, and they are all quite different from each other.

You can have your family photos taken for free by the resort photography staff. You get a complimentary 5 x 7 with no obligation to purchase more.

There are a few different arcades but I have no idea how much the games cost (we have never spent time there).

When I think of more, I will post them!

Hi everyone !! I am getting more excited for my trip in June. :banana: I am starting to really put together our plans for the trip.

I am sorry, I know it has been posted but I don't remember where on this thread what the latest amenities are in the kitchen for supplies. We are probably going to do a little cooking to save some money. If you could point me to the list that would be awesome.

I am planning on calling the resort the week before like it was suggested by an associate there to put in our room request. My daughter has Asperger's with lots of anxiety and gets nervous where we are located. I am trying to prioritize the most important one. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem.

I think the two bedroom is going to be really nice and I am so looking forward to the spa tub in the room:cloud9:.

Gina and Bankr63 thank you so much for the information on this thread it is so helpful. I am looking forward to some of the activities at the resort that were posted above.

Have a great day:goodvibes

Hi @bobbie68

Vistana used to post the kitchen stock list on the website, but it was hard to find. With the changes over the years it has become harder to find, or been removed; I just spent several minutes poking around and could not find it. The most I could find is the kitchen description in the Villas section; this is for Courts, but all sections are very similar, however the smaller 1BR units will not have all of the amenities.
  • Fully-equipped kitchen includes granite countertops, microwave oven, full-size refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, blender and dinnerware
In general, there is sufficient dinnerware to match the occupancy limit of the unit (8 for most 2BR). Note that if anything is missing when you arrive, it's a quick call to housekeeping to get it rectified. We were missing a hairdryer in the main bath one year, and had a replacement in about 20 minutes. We eventually found that there were two hairdryers in the upstairs bathroom, with one tucked away in a drawer, so not missing after all.

There are enough spatulas, mixing bowls, kitchen knives, pots and pans to function. Note that a slow cooker is not included in the kitchen, but BBQ utensils are (we use the BBQ stations a LOT). Also worth noting that much of the cooking gear is very inexpensive and poor quality. Can't really blame them; if they put good quality stuff in hundreds of villas, imagine how much would "walk away". If you have the luxury of driving you might want to bring a few quality items. Our standard list includes:
  • a good non-stick fry pan
  • a couple of good quality sharp kitchen knives
  • a cutting board (Vistana provides a glass one, and I can't stand a knife on glass; gives me the heebeejeebees)
  • French press coffee pot and coffee grinder; but if you aren't a coffee snob, just bring a few extra disposable standard basket coffee filters
  • A few containers for leftovers (plastic bags and/or collapsible lidded bowls)
  • Lidded "go cups" for walking (or lying) about with hot/cold beverages
  • Laundry pods, dryer sheets, stain stick
  • Real salt and pepper (the resort provides the teeniest little disposable ones) and other mandatory seasonings (steak/chicken rubs).
That's all that comes to top of mind. I might expand the list if other things come to mind. Note, we're flying to Mexico on Friday for a timeshare stay, and I'm still packing about half the stuff listed. I'm really gonna miss my GOOD morning coffee though.

I visted friends here last Disney stay it's very nice. I will stay if they have discounts to listen to timeshare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!