The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Arrived home yesterday from our first stay. We were in the Fountains Section - building 18, ground floor unit. The pros:
1. Check-in was fine and the time share upsell was an easy "no" with no added pressure.
2. Resort was easy to navigate and the map very helpful!
3. We love the look of our villa, the ease of parking, and the screened in porch overlooking the small lagoon with fountain was so relaxing!
4. The floorpan was nicely laid out and everything was attractive and up to date. The kitchen had lots of storage.
5. Loads of fun activities every day!
6. We loved the pool!

The cons were the following:
1. The water temperature was erratic (at same setting you could have hot water or lukewarm)
2. In the kitchen, we lacked the following necessities: potholders, spatula, pizza cutter, and cookie sheet
3. The window shade in secondary bedroom was broken - couldn't roll up or down
4. The couch was attractive but very hard - like sitting on a rock
5. The master bedroom mattress was almost unusable. I had to lay across bottom to get any comfort. It was lumpy and hard.

There was not any laundry powders available in room (we bring our own but I wanted to mention it), two dishwasher cleaner pouches, and one bag for recycling. Each bathroom had an extra roll of tissue and there was an extra roll of paper towels in the kitchen. Knives were dull but dishes and pots/pans were plentiful. There were plastic and glass cups. The screened in porch had a table plus four chairs which were great for eating outside. Plenty of plugs for electronics and no issues with internet access. We were a fist floor unit but had no issues with noise form the units above or below. Only time we ever heard anything was when people were carrying heavy items up the stairs.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but the comfort of the bed and couch would definitely play into our future returns.

@KimberlyE glad to hear your stay was mostly positive.

For others reading about these types of Cons, absolutely do NOT be afraid to call housekeeping to get these kinds of things dealt with.

A couple of the things listed are normal. The resort does not provide laundry detergent (but you can buy a small box at the marketplace), and the spatula and pizza cutter are not in the kitchen equipment (a nylon lifter is, but a silicone or rubber spatula is not). For things like potholders or cookie pan that should be there, or extra toilet paper, paper towel, dishwasher deterg, replacements/stocks are just a call away (if it can't wait for the mid-week tidy/restock). I don't think a trip goes by where we don't call housekeeping once or twice for something - that's at all the timeshare resorts we stay at, not just Vistana. Vistana has always been prompt about dealing with issues; that's NOT at all the timeshare resorts we stay at.

The mattress is very unfortunate. The resort does use the Westin/Sheraton Heavenly Beds, and normally they are very nice. They are also rotated out on regular frequency (most "soft surfaces" are replaced on a 5-6 year cycle). I can only guess that the mattress in your room had been abused. Hotel insiders say this happens more than you would think; parents who would never let kids jump on beds at home have no problem letting them do so at hotel or resort and letting them wreck perfectly good mattresses. At least let's hope its their kids jumping on the mattress. Again, for anyone else facing this, call the housekeeping/maintenance department. I have heard that Sheraton will bring over a replacement mattress (not firsthand, but overheard a similar conversation at the pool a few years back). A personal note: we don't like the pillows in the Heavenly setup much (too thick) but bring our own from home if driving down.

Hi everyone,

Just returned early this morning from our Spring Break trip to Orlando, and our week's stay at Sheraton Vistana. Wanted to come post my thoughts while they were still fresh in my mind.

Overall we loved the resort. We did Universal, not Disney, and even though it's a little further we didn't find the drive a problem at all. Check in on a Sunday late afternoon was awesome, no line at all. We were placed in Lakes Building 3, Unit 1810. It was perfect as far as I was concerned. We had a lovely view of a small pond/fountain. It was super quiet. But the Lakes pool was just a very short walk away (though on the map it seems like it's further than it actually is, and the larger fountains pool is just steps away (again, looks further on the map). (Note: Building 5 is similar, and also would have been ok for us. Important to note that right behind Building 4 is a smoking area so if you're wanting open windows I might avoid that building. ) I loved the peace and quiet of the lakes pool, but my son enjoyed the activity at the fountains pool, and the waterfall, and the 'secret' hot tubs (above the water fall, didn't even realize they were there for a few days!). We also drove to the other section one day and did the Falls pool (with the waterslide which my son, at 13, was just about too big for but really enjoyed). We walked past the courts pool (boring, lots of adults, no kids) and to the large Spa pool, which we also enjoyed. These 3 were all super close. However, we would not have wanted to be without a car for this resort, definitely huge! Walking from one section to the other can take a while.

Inside our 3rd floor 2 BR unit it was well appointed. The only thing we really didn't care for was the built in ledge/headboard for the master bed, it's on an angle, and no nightstands. But we made do. The laundry is a small stackable unit, doesn't wash much per load. I preferred Orange Lake with the full size washer/dryers. (But we were in a 3BR that time so that might be the difference.) There were no sheet pans but there was a roasting pan and I knew to buy a small roll of foil. We just covered that when we needed to bake something. And we did learn the hard way the fridge was turned off, so we almost lost the groceries we'd placed in there the night we arrived. The came and did a refresh on Wednesday, tidied up and made the beds, changed the towels. We were surprised the unit didn't have any bedding for the sofa bed, so we had to call for that but they were prompt.

The resort is in close proximity to many things, we found the location ideal. Without going onto the main rd (SR 535) you can access Chick Fil A and Wendy's, Exxon gas (and a quick mart), Walgreens, liquor store, and Hurricane Wings Grill (a chain, similar to Buffalo Wild Wings). It's walkable to all of these things if you didn't have a car, via Meadow Creek Dr.

About a mile down the road (north) is Goodings grocery store, open 24 hours, in what we called the 'restaurant mall'. Literally a shopping center that has nothing but restaurants, the grocery store and a mini golf place. Chevy's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fuddruckers, Sweet Tomatoes, On the Border, Taco Bell, Mcdonald's, The Knife Argentinian Steakhouse. A little further up the road is IHOP, Waffle House, Giordano's deep dish pizza. And a big Wawa (great for drinks/coffee). In the other direction is a Publix, Super Walmart (don't get your groceries there, it was INSANE), and a cute, outdoor (CHEAP!!) ice cream place (Tastee Treat) shaped like an ice cream cone. It was adorable. There's also a 5 Guys there.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, and would stay again!

We loved our stay here last November so much we have booked again for this coming August. I'm wondering space wise in the second bedrooms with the 2 full beds, would there also be room for an air mattress on the floor (kids not wanting to share beds). We stayed in a 6/6 unit in November and the second bedroom had the bathroom in the bedroom and I don't think this would have worked. I'm just wondering if the 8/6 unit would work space wise to accommodate a twin air mattress? I've looked at the floorplans on the Sheraton website which looks like there would be ample space...

We just left SVR this morning and I’ll type up a review when we get home, but I wanted to point out that the units we’ve stayed in had a pull out sofa bed, which would eliminate the need for extra air mattress. That was in the Fountains 2 section last May. We stayed in Lakes in September in a one bedroom premium and just had a two bedroom in Lakes this week also with a pull out. I *think* a single air mattress might fit in the second bedroom but it would be tight. It could probably fit along the foot of the farthest bed from the door and in front of the closets in the two units I mentioned.

*edited to fix typos

Last edited:
We just left SVR this morning and I’ll type up a review when we get home, but I wanted to point out that the units we’ve stayed in had a pull out sofa bed, which would eliminate the need for extra air mattress. That was in the Fountains 2 section last May. We stayed in Lakes in September in a one bedroom premium and just had a two bedroom in Lakes this week also with a pull out. I *think* a single air mattress might fit in the second bedroom but it would be tight. It could probably fit along the foot of the farthest bed from the door and in frmy my of the closets in the two units I mentioned.

Thank you! The area in front of the closet is what I was thinking might work based on the different floor plans but hard to tell from floor plans. The couch will already be taken. Also, I'm not trying to cheat occupancy limits, just trying to keep kids happy. :) Bedding logistics a little trickier this time because my son's girlfriend is going with us.

@ICan'tWait you might also want to consider requesting a Courts Townhome Villa. These units have an extra sleeping loft with a 2nd pull out sofa - a sleeps 8 configuration, but with 5 actual sleeping surface (3 beds, 2 sofas).

I also recall the Spas Villa having quite a bit of floor space in the second bedroom. The lack of the cheater door to the bath saves some real estate for an air mattress.

Note that the floor plans on the Vistana site are most certainly not to scale, so I would not rely on appearances there to estimate space for an air mattress. Also note that a single Thermarest type backpacker mattress will fit almost anywhere if someone in the party is a "roughing it" type.

Finally getting around to writing about our stay last week. This was our 3rd stay at SVR in the past year; the second with just DH and I.

We have come to love SVR and if we go to WDW later in the year, we will definitely stay again. The only thing holding me back from booking now is that I really don't feel like being at WDW at all after Star Wars land opens. At least for the first few months and definitely not within the first two months it opens, which is when we usually take a Fall trip. I am toying with the idea of going in August before the madness begins.

Anyway....this trip was booked through Interval as a get-away. We were only able to get a two bedroom unit, as a one bedroom wasn't available. We chose a Friday arrival and requested Lakes section again. Check in was smooth, however this was the first time we were asked about a timeshare presentation. We've not had that before at SVR or the Marriott Palms resorts, so I don't think it's because of the merger. It wasn't a hard sell by any means, just a request for a presentation in exchange for a $100 gift card which we declined. Our unit wound up not being ready until 5:30 which was not something we've experienced before at SVR. We got to the resort around noon-ish (knew we were early), checked in and went for lunch at Bahama Breeze across the street. (it's one of our favorite places to eat) We stopped by again around 2...still not ready.... and then went to DS to shop and have a drink at Raglan Road's Hole in the Wall pub. I called them at 5:30 to ask and they said it was ready. We got some goodies from Amorettes and went back to settle in.

A few notes....

After the first few days there was a very strong mold/mildew smell and we had engineering come out and change the air conditioning filter. They responded quickly, even though it was 10PM when I called. It helped a lot, and then we had housekeeping do a thorough cleaning the next day. I feel like the equipment/air conditioning unit in the utility closet was where the problem was coming from, but we weren't using the second bedroom where the unit area was so we just kept the door closed. They offered to move us if we weren't satisfied after the cleaning, but we were.

Jennifer Bravo is still at SVR. We didn't use her this time but I did ask if she was still working there.

Everything was top notch as always. Very courteous and attentive staff and very clean rooms with plenty of towels and paper products.

There is construction in the Cascades section right now, really just painting and minor repairs. Not major demolition or rebuilding, so nothing noticeable.

Uber and Lyft are *supposed* to drop off at the main building where you would request a shuttle to your building, however we saw many cars (especially Lyft) dropping guests off at night inside the gates. It surprised me a little, since SVR is so good with security. Every time we go walking around the resort we have to show our room card when we pass by the security gate.

Overall we had another great stay and will definitely stay again!

Uber and Lyft are *supposed* to drop off at the main building where you would request a shuttle to your building, however we saw many cars (especially Lyft) dropping guests off at night inside the gates. It surprised me a little, since SVR is so good with security. Every time we go walking around the resort we have to show our room card when we pass by the security gate.
Dropoff is pretty easy inside the gates. The vehicle gates are controlled by any room key. The driver just has to tap the passenger's room key and they are through. No key is required to open the exit gates. Security would have a hard time stopping this since the car is carrying a paying guest, and guests are allowed to have guests in the resort. Pick up inside the gates is a different story however since the driver has access through security.

We're starting to miss our "home", it's been a while and now looks like a return trip isn't in the works until 2021. Hopefully Star Wars mania will have subsided somewhat by then, but it is a big milestone year for Disney that year.

Hi everyone!

We returned 9 days ago from another lovely stay at the Vistana. I wanted to pop back and share an update that's been mentioned here within the last few posts, specifically regarding Jennifer Bravo.

Jennifer is, indeed, still employed at SVR, but unfortunately she no longer holds the pre-arrival coordinator role. She is currently working as a guest services rep at the Welcome Center.....so she may just check you in when you first arrive at the resort.

The current Pre-arrival Coordinator is Kayla Lee, and her email is Kayla.Lee@sheratonvistanaresortvillas.com. While I was super saddened to hear that Jennifer no longer occupied that position, I have to give Kayla 2 thumbs up: she met both of our special requests (top floor villa, close to the Fountains pool) and we ended up in a GREAT building (in regards to location). This was the view from our 3rd floor balcony:

56862212_10157553325326416_3832003313646174208_n.jpg

We have very few complaints about our stay. Wifi worked well, the villa was clean, and we didn't experience any noise from the pool area our proximity to it. Check-in was super quick, the sales staff took a very gentle "no" without any push-back when we declined to attend an owners update (and there was no further follow up via phone all week), and the gate security were friendly but thorough.

Aside from a small housekeeping issue (some trash from a previous guest was left behind in the pantry), we experienced no issues.

We are looking forward to being back again in October. I'll share some pics from our stay in the next few posts..

Saw these by the pool and Tiki Bar for the first time.....I was wondering what critters they were trying to catch :eek:.

60223657_10157564857331416_493075186317262848_n.jpg

59929809_10157564857376416_2793545938767970304_n.jpg

Fountains poolside

60335916_10157564857426416_8960413651999653888_n.jpg

59746094_10157564031776416_1141583173197496320_n.jpg

59869208_10157564031816416_7142861218355609600_n.jpg

59777848_10157564031701416_1818270912953188352_n.jpg

59821707_10157564031501416_2426946479777120256_n.jpg

60145305_10157564857461416_7504758813438771200_n.jpg

60032024_10157564857491416_6737299924884389888_n.jpg

One of "the locals" :rotfl::

59907512_10157564031556416_623872776024883200_n.jpg

Welcome home, and welcome home @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina; I hope you and Steve had a restful and restorative getaway!

Thanks for solving the Jennifer Bravo mystery and giving us all a lead on Kayla. I still think that Marriott/Sheraton should have a dedicated email address for this so we don't need to keep track of staff changes.

Great pics as always.

I was thinking that those boxes looked more like props than animal traps. Maybe from the evening entertainment? Do they still have the Gatorland show?

The Tiki bar looks very strange done out all in purple, I'm not sure I could stand that for very long. Kind of reminds me of an 80's blacklight thing; might start having flashbacks and dancing disco style :).

Interesting the extra discounts for owners now. Did you happen to inquire what the upgraded bands included (and at what cost)? It does add a bit of a "class" system to the resort which I'm not sure I like; sure membership can come with privileges, but having people wear it so blatantly doesn't sit right with me. Of course, you don't HAVE to wear them but I'm sure they want you to.

We loved our stay here last November so much we have booked again for this coming August. I'm wondering space wise in the second bedrooms with the 2 full beds, would there also be room for an air mattress on the floor (kids not wanting to share beds). We stayed in a 6/6 unit in November and the second bedroom had the bathroom in the bedroom and I don't think this would have worked. I'm just wondering if the 8/6 unit would work space wise to accommodate a twin air mattress? I've looked at the floorplans on the Sheraton website which looks like there would be ample space...

We did this we bought the twin and a airpump at Walmart it was 25 for the both of them we put it between the tv and the end of the beds, I put it up against the wall when we were done so they wouldn't walk on it getting to the closet.

Thanks for all the pics, We were just there in March feels like forever ago (3months) now and i cant wait to get back,
did you see the fish under the bridge? they removed the fish feeder machines but they still wait with there mouths open wide.
we went through so much bread my kids couldn't get enough between the ducks and the fish.

Im not sure if I’m posting on the correct thread or not but was thinking of staying at the Sheraton Vistana Village. The rooms are going for $131/night for a 1BR. I have never really priced it out before. What is the average? Is this good price? Any other fees I should know about?

Im not sure if I’m posting on the correct thread or not but was thinking of staying at the Sheraton Vistana Village. The rooms are going for $131/night for a 1BR. I have never really priced it out before. What is the average? Is this good price? Any other fees I should know about?
Thats a good price, they range from 150 to 200 a night, how many nights are you staying you may get a better rate for more days. Check out skyauction.com vacation rentals

We love this place i will never stay anywhere else. Read some of this thread its all correct,
It is a vacation club, when you book direct you dont have to go to meetings, but they will ask you and then ask you again. But you can say no..i dont want your 100 planet holleywood gift card no thank you to your visa card ..etc. i did say yes to skipping maid service for free $30 credit at the store/restaurant

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!