The story so far!!!

mickg7dyd

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We checked in at the Virgin twilight check-in on 27th April (seems ages ago) about 3:30 massive queue when we left including premium economy and upper class passengers all in the same line!!
Spent the night at the airport Hilton much too expensive (115 pounds) but it's so handy they can get away with it.!!
Had a really great flight we sat next to a retired USAF (can't remember his rank) and he was telling us all about different places in the USA (and Europe too) very interesting chap and the flight seemed to take no time.
Took about 45mins to get through the airport and pick up the Dollar car I booked on the net.
Checked into a great room in the Quality Inn Int. on I drive for 4 nights.Stayed at this hotel several times and the staff even remember us!!(not sure if thats good or bad?)
First morning went to Epcot and had a look round the flower festival.Sadly the heat seemed to have spoilt some of them but we still enjoyed it.
Called into the annual pass holders lounge and this made a nice break,hope they make it permanent.
Left Epcot about noon and met up with Vernon,Jana and Gus at the Brewing works on the Boardwalk.
Nice Company,nice food, nice weather what more could you want..oh yes nice drink!!!
Spent the afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon,followed by a nice evening buffet at the hotel(roast beef to die for!!)
Stay tuned for more!!!

Mick + The Dragon

:smooth:

Sounds like you're having a great time!! :)

You got a better deal than me at the Hilton!

Have fun!

Hi Mick

When you stay at the QI Int'l do you request a certain room or view? Or is it just pot luck and you were lucky this time? We're staying there next April - never been to this hotel before - glad to hear you've used it several times.

Mick - Roast Beef in hot Florida sounds so strange, doesn't it!! But, yum yum.... keep em coming:bounce:

Hi Sandie,
No I didn't request any room type but I have always suspected that tour operators get the worst rooms,and the direct cash customer the better one's but then I'm just a cynical old fool!!
The room we got was ground floor close to the pool and the restaurant,something we have never had on a package.But you could always request a particular location it's just that they don't guarantee your request.
We booked over the net and I think the total cost (inc.taxes etc.) was $50 per night,which I think was great value.
Mick.

:bounce:

Good start...off to the next bit now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter