The Stuff Nightmares Are Made Of

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
The Philadelphia Flyers introduced a new mascot yesterday.

Disturbing is an understatement if there ever was one.

Say hello to Gritty.

Gritty_Flyers.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.png

philadelphia-flyers-unveil-gritty-the-most-terrifying-mascot-in-the-nhl__913165_.jpg

Gritty2.jpg

Goodness, he is demented looking! I don't necessarily mind that personally, but wow, I hope that's what they were going for.

I have a friend who thinks the Muppet character Behemoth is terrifying! (he's large yellow/orange one with the big eyebrows and teeth). I showed him the clip from The Muppet Show where he sings "I've Got You Under my Skin" and he eats the smaller Muppet, who is trapped inside but singing along. That only solidified his opinion.

I was watching the come-out of Gritty yesterday on the news, and they interviewed the guy who approved the final design. He was talking it up like Gritty was going to be this big success. Try as hard as you might, you just can't polish a turd.

I was watching the come-out of Gritty yesterday on the news, and they interviewed the guy who approved the final design. He was talking it up like Gritty was going to be this big success. Try as hard as you might, you just can't polish a turd.

Who was the guy related to? He surely thinks he's got job security!

I think Jayson Werth should be considering suing for unapproved use of his likeness. ;-)

I heard the reports this morning, and I thought "how bad can it be?" Wow. I got an answer. It was the video of Gritty's eyes spinning....

The Dallas Cowboys were the greatest franchise in the NFL until they introduced “Rowdy” their oversized, creepy and goofy looking mascot in 1996.....RIP Flyers

Well if nothing he was worth it for the Facbokk comment alone.
Some of my favourites:

Is this some kind of sick joke? It looks like Animal from The Muppets was burned alive and rose from the dead to eat children.

Remember that time Jim Henson went on a bender of bath salts, an 8 ball of coke, and 5 hits of LSD while marathoning the Nightmare on Elm Street films? Gritty does. That's the night he was conceived.

It looks like Grimace and the Philly Fanatic had a child that became hooked on meth and hangs out in front of highschools

He looks like a disgrunted former Henson employee joined forces with Cheetos to design a life size good touch, bad touch courtroom doll, and the Philadelphia Flyers executives were like, 'We love him, he reminds us of our favorite uncles.'

"He looks like he should be the mascot of responsible drug use.
'Remember kids, crack is fun but holding down a job and eating hot pockets is fun too!'
I hope he gets voiced by Gilbert Gottfried!"

This is making me laugh harder than I should be.

What is it? Yinz have some weird looking animals on the eastern (wrong) side of our fine state.

I don’t know if anyone will get the reference but he looks like he belongs on Don’t hug me, I’m scared.

Former Flyers owner Ed Snider is rolling over in his grave.

Many toddlers freak out at Mickey Mouse. Imagine this scary looking character creeping up on an unsuspecting kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter