The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Double blow. Not only do you have to get up at 4am, you have to get up at 4am to leave Disney World.

Thanks for sharing it with us! I always enjoy reading about your trips. You both always seem to have such a great time together!

Not an ideal morning! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for reading along, I really appreciate it!

Um...ew.

Aww no! Saddest selfie!

I saw this, and I was like, "ooh! Look at her restraint buying a very reasonable number of little souvenirs! These are so cute! I do so badly at this!"

And then I saw all the pins, and felt much better about how I always come home with so many souvenirs! :) Especially pins. They're so small and easy to bring home, and the addiction is real.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I've really enjoyed reading along with you!

Super early wake up call :( The things we do to save a little money on flights! haha

At least it was the only sad selfie of the trip!

Haha I am pretty good at restraining myself with other souvenirs, but when it comes to pins I have no self control! It's an expensive and addicting happen!

Thank you for reading and commenting along!!

I really enjoyed reading your TR! Wow you did so many fun things and got SO many good PP pictures! Going in Dec. with my DH and if we do 1/2 of what you two did I'll be happy :rotfl2:

Thank you so much for reading! We really go commando when we go :rotfl: You and DH are going to have a blast!!

For some reason it wasn't letting me quote! But looks like y'all had a great day at DHS to wrap things up! I can't resist a good characterpalooza! I love the Christmas frames too! It makes me happy that Disney is investing more into the props and special magic shots than in the past. We loved Christmas Dine at H&V! Their costumes are cute as a button and it's probably our favortie buffet. Your Fantasmic pictures turns out so good! Mine are never good. I enjoyed your TR! It's always fun to read along on a cousin trip!

It was a great day in DHS. I love catching characterpalooza! And I totally agree with you about the improvement in Photopass, they have so many cute things nowadays! I used my real camera for the Fantasmic pics, which might be why they came out good ;) Thank you so much for reading, I enjoyed having you along!

I loved this trip report. So. Many. Pictures. This one was my favorite, though:
31840086600_cf88f86797.jpg

We are planning a trip around the same time this year and I really wanted to read your report to get an idea of what kinds of clothes you're supposed to wear in FLA in the fall. Needless to say, your clothes were all very cute and I was surprised that you were wearing shorts most of the time!

All caught up!! What a great last day in DHS. I'm obsessed with the Christmas outfits on the characters at H&V. HOW ADORABLE!!! Plus getting Fantasmic seating as part of the deal was pretty nice too.

Very cool that you were able to squeeze in both of the nighttime shows, since it seems like Disney was scheduling them in a way that made seeing both seem nearly impossible.

Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm looking forward to the next TR!

We were up at 4am for our Magical Express pickup :(
Ugh! I've had many of these super early Magical Depress pickup times, too. The only advantage of this is that you don't have to see people arriving for the start of their vacations all happy and excited as you're leaving ;)

Now for some souvenir pictures!
How cute!!! Lots of great stuff :thumbsup2

Will you be doing a TR for your next trip?!

Great TR!
We're going this November, after only going in September so far. I like to see what to expect!
Your pics are super fun, too!

I loved this trip report. So. Many. Pictures. This one was my favorite, though:

We are planning a trip around the same time this year and I really wanted to read your report to get an idea of what kinds of clothes you're supposed to wear in FLA in the fall. Needless to say, your clothes were all very cute and I was surprised that you were wearing shorts most of the time!

Thank you so much! I do like that picture too :)

I will say that during the day we were completely fine in shorts! But at night it did get chilly, so I would recommend sweatshirts for sure. Some nights I did wish I did have pants on as well (specifically our second MVMCP night!)

All caught up!! What a great last day in DHS. I'm obsessed with the Christmas outfits on the characters at H&V. HOW ADORABLE!!! Plus getting Fantasmic seating as part of the deal was pretty nice too.

Very cool that you were able to squeeze in both of the nighttime shows, since it seems like Disney was scheduling them in a way that made seeing both seem nearly impossible.

Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm looking forward to the next TR!

Dinner at Hollywood & Vine was awesome- cute costumes and great Fantasmic seating!

I think we were very lucky in the timing of the shows. Fantasmic was at 7 and the fireworks at 8, so we had just enough time to get from one to the other. I notice now they are spaced much closer together!

Thank you so much for reading, I always love having you along! :)

Ugh! I've had many of these super early Magical Depress pickup times, too. The only advantage of this is that you don't have to see people arriving for the start of their vacations all happy and excited as you're leaving ;)

How cute!!! Lots of great stuff :thumbsup2

Will you be doing a TR for your next trip?!

That's a great way to look at it!

Thank you!

Yes 100%! I'm going to throw in some PTR updates here as well :)

Great TR!
We're going this November, after only going in September so far. I like to see what to expect!
Your pics are super fun, too!

Thank you! You will really enjoy going in November, the Christmas atmosphere is so magical!

Sounds like it was a great trip! You guys did a lot of things! And looked like you had a great time!!!

It was, thank you!! And thanks for reading along :)

PTR Update #1
So it took me close to a year to finish this TR up...just in time to get ready to report on my next trip! I am heading back to Disney in 19 days! :banana: I figured I'd throw in a couple of PTR updates at the end of this TR if that's ok!

The cast of characters may be familiar ones of you've read some of my earlier TRs- mom & dad! And in case you don't know who they are, here we are on our last Disney trip together almost 3 years ago!

I am beyond excited to return to WDW for Halloween season and have lots of fun things planned!

We will be flying Southwest for the first time. It's a little nervewracking not having assigned seats, but the price we got couldn't be beat. I don't mind if I have to sit alone, I just hope my parents can get seats together.

Day 1 - Arrival Day

Our flight leaves at 6am and is scheduled to land around 9am! Since we are arriving in Orlando so early, we definitely don't want to waste the day! So we decided we will head over to Magic Kingdom to spend a few hours there!

What time we get there will depend on how fast we get to the resort. We will check-in and leave our carry ons with bell services (unless we are lucky and can get into the room to drop everything off!). I am sure we will be hungry, so we will probably eat something at our hotel before heading to the park.

I made FPs for Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan and Mine Train for the afternoon. It would also be nice to catch Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire on this day if we can time it right. Since we will be up early, I don't plan on us staying that late, probably until 6-7ish. I think we will probably eat dinner in the park before heading out. That will give us time to get back to the hotel, unwind, and get to bed at a decent time!

Day 2- Animal Kingdom

This will be a full day! AK is open from 9am to 9pm and we plan on staying in the park all day.

We will get to the park super early for rope drop and head to Pandora first thing! I wasn't able to get a FP for Flight of Passage :(. I am kicking myself a little for making our AK day so early in the trip, but by the time I realized it was too late to switch the days around. So we will need to head to FoP standby with the rest of humanity. Hopefully all goes smoothly! After that I'd like to explore the land a little, take lots of pictures, and try a Night Blossom! I have a FP for the Navi River Journey this morning as well.

Once we are done in Pandora, I have a FP for Kiliminjaro Safaris. After that, we have a 12:30pm reservation at Tusker House with the Rivers of Light Dining Package.

After lunch we will probably check out the Jungle Trek, use our FP for Expedition Everest, and maybe check out Festival of the Lion King. We'd also like to check out the trails around the Tree of Life.

Our FP for ROL will be for the first show at 7:45. I think we will get to the theater around 7 to make sure we get a good spot.

After the show, the park won't be open for too much longer but we will hustle over to see the Tree of Life all lit up and then to Pandora to briefly see what it looks like at night!

Day 3 - Epcot

Today we are starting our day early with an 8:15am ADR at Garden Grill. I have been wanting to go here forever and am so glad we could finally make it happen!

The plan after breakfast is to ride Soarin standby and then head over to meet Joy/Sadness and Baymax!

Our 3 FPs this day will be Character Spot, Spaceship Earth, and Frozen Ever After!

Besides that, the day will be spent exploring World Showcase and indulging in Food & Wine snacks! We won't be planning anything for lunch or dinner as I expect we will eat more than enough! Kenny G is the act for the Eat to the Beat concerts this night. Mom is a fan so maybe she will be interested in seeing a set! I don't plan on this being too late of a night for us. We won't stay for Illuminations so my guess is we will stay in the park until around 7 or 8.

We really want to focus on exploring the countries a little deeper this time around. Since we will have a second Epcot day, I hope to get half the countries done on this day and the other half on our second day!

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios

Today we will sleep in a bit and not rush for rope drop. We will eat breakfast at the hotel before heading out to the park hopefully around 10!

I have FP for Toy Story, Tower of Terror, and Star Wars. Other priorities are to meet Chewbacca, meet Olaf, and see Muppet Vision!

We have a 5:25pm ADR for Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine. I really enjoyed the Christmas meal here and can't resist going here again for the Halloween themed dinner! I'm a sucker for cute costumes!

I think we will skip Fantasmic on this trip. As much as I love it, we'd rather see the Star Wars fireworks (since Mom & Dad never have) and it's kind of impossible to do both since F! is at 7:30 and the fireworks are at 8. After the fireworks the park will be closed so we will just head back to the hotel!

I'll post an update on the second half of our plans soon! Thanks for reading!

Loved your trip report, what a fun-filled vacation!

Your upcoming trip with your parents will be here before you know.

Your first 4 days sound great. You will love Garden Grill at breakfast it is one of my favorites! I hope you get to experience FoP! I think you will if you get there at RD.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

We will be flying Southwest for the first time. It's a little nervewracking not having assigned seats, but the price we got couldn't be beat. I don't mind if I have to sit alone, I just hope my parents can get seats together.

This would make me nervous, too, but the prices are soo much better if you can fly Southwest!

We will get to the park super early for rope drop and head to Pandora first thing! I wasn't able to get a FP for Flight of Passage :(. I am kicking myself a little for making our AK day so early in the trip, but by the time I realized it was too late to switch the days around.

This is a tough one! It's really too bad that you don't have much luck of getting a FOP FP unless your AK day is toward the end of your trip. :( But sounds like you've made great plans despite that!

Our FP for ROL will be for the first show at 7:45. I think we will get to the theater around 7 to make sure we get a good spot.

Awesome! I think we went about that early for our FP too. I hope you and your parents love the show :)

The first half of your plans look excellent! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Yes 100%! I'm going to throw in some PTR updates here as well :)
Yay!!! :thumbsup2

.just in time to get ready to report on my next trip!
Perfect timing!

I am beyond excited to return to WDW for Halloween season and have lots of fun things planned!
Ahhh, Disney + Halloween are two of my most favorite things. I'm so excited for you!!!

I wasn't able to get a FP for Flight of Passage :(
Ugh, I wasn't able to either in August. I will say that I braved all of humanity during EMH though and it wasn't quite as bad as I expected. I felt like I got into the line late, as I got into the park just before opening. I had even contemplated getting out of line because it just seemed too overwhelming. However, I stuck it out and I was so glad I did! The line moved way faster than I expected. I say all this because if you happen upon a crazy long line, it might actually end up surprising you that it's not too bad! :thumbsup2

Today we are starting our day early with an 8:15am ADR at Garden Grill
Yay! I've always wanted to do this before park opening, too ::yes::

Besides that, the day will be spent exploring World Showcase and indulging in Food & Wine snacks!
Can't go wrong there!

Excited to hear more of your plans!

Loved your trip report, what a fun-filled vacation!

Your upcoming trip with your parents will be here before you know.

Your first 4 days sound great. You will love Garden Grill at breakfast it is one of my favorites! I hope you get to experience FoP! I think you will if you get there at RD.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

Thank you for reading along!

It's crazy how fast it is approaching, seemed like yesterday we were months away and now it's just a couple of weeks!

Thanks! I am very much looking forward to Garden Grill and am hoping all will work out for FoP!

This would make me nervous, too, but the prices are soo much better if you can fly Southwest!

This is a tough one! It's really too bad that you don't have much luck of getting a FOP FP unless your AK day is toward the end of your trip. :( But sounds like you've made great plans despite that!

Awesome! I think we went about that early for our FP too. I hope you and your parents love the show :)

The first half of your plans look excellent! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

It was crazy how cheap SW was in comparison to other airlines..and hello free bags!

It is disappointing that FoP is so hard to get but hopefully rope drop will work out for us!

I waffled back and forth about seeing Rivers of Light but even if some of the reviews are "eh" i feel like we need to see it for ourselves and decide!

Thank you!!

Yay!!! :thumbsup2

Perfect timing!

Ahhh, Disney + Halloween are two of my most favorite things. I'm so excited for you!!!

Ugh, I wasn't able to either in August. I will say that I braved all of humanity during EMH though and it wasn't quite as bad as I expected. I felt like I got into the line late, as I got into the park just before opening. I had even contemplated getting out of line because it just seemed too overwhelming. However, I stuck it out and I was so glad I did! The line moved way faster than I expected. I say all this because if you happen upon a crazy long line, it might actually end up surprising you that it's not too bad! :thumbsup2

Yay! I've always wanted to do this before park opening, too ::yes::

Can't go wrong there!

Excited to hear more of your plans!

As much as a I love the Christmas season at Disney, I really fell in love with Disney at Halloween so I am so happy to go back during that time of year!

I am relieved to hear your positive outcome with FoP at rope drop! I plan on getting there early and hopefully it will all be ok!

Garden Grill has been on my bucket list for so long, I can't believe I'll finally get to cross it off!

Thanks! :)

I waffled back and forth about seeing Rivers of Light but even if some of the reviews are "eh" i feel like we need to see it for ourselves and decide!

I went in with low expectations after hearing reviews, and while it wasn't my favourite show, I really did enjoy it and was glad I saw it. I wouldn't see it every time, but the visuals are really stunning :)

I’ve seen your ticker in your signature but wasn’t sure if you’d made any specific plans for the trip. Glad you’re getting to return to WDW and thanks for sharing the first part of your plans!
Getting a FP for FOP is so hard, but it’s good that you planned time to see Pandora both during the day and at night. I’ve only seen it at night, but based on pictures, I think it’s two completely different atmospheres.
However, I didn’t see a EE ride when it’s dark. Did I miss that? You have to try to squeeze that in at least once.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans!

I figured I'd throw in a couple of PTR updates at the end of this TR if that's ok!
It's your TR, so by all means...

I'm not a big fan of that system either. I tend to avoid SW for that very reason, but sometimes the rate is really too good to pass up.

I'll post an update on the second half of our plans soon! Thanks for reading!
Plans look good. Might be a little hard pressed to get back over to Pandora after ROL on that AK night though. It is a mad house moving through the crowd leaving the RoL theater and you're going to be cutting it close on time. As long as CM's aren't trying to actively steer you away fromPandora right at closing time, it might work ok though.

I for one will say I was impressed by ROL. I can't say it is my absolute favorite show ever or anything, but I'd heard those same lukewarm reviews so I think my expectations were lower, but I thought it was a good show!

I’ve seen your ticker in your signature but wasn’t sure if you’d made any specific plans for the trip. Glad you’re getting to return to WDW and thanks for sharing the first part of your plans!
Getting a FP for FOP is so hard, but it’s good that you planned time to see Pandora both during the day and at night. I’ve only seen it at night, but based on pictures, I think it’s two completely different atmospheres.
However, I didn’t see a EE ride when it’s dark. Did I miss that? You have to try to squeeze that in at least once.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans!

I guess now I know how people felt when they couldn't get SDMT FPs when that first opened! Hopefully our plans for this day work out, it's definitely the day I am stressing the most about!

I didn't include that in there but I fully plan on trying to squeeze in a nighttime ride! I am hoping before we head to the ROL theater that we can ride standby with not too bad of a wait- fingers crossed!

Another trip! YEAH!!! I love how the TR kind of bridge one trip to the next. Keep us going in regular life.

Yes exactly!! Recapping trips help pass the time until the next one :)

It's your TR, so by all means...

I'm not a big fan of that system either. I tend to avoid SW for that very reason, but sometimes the rate is really too good to pass up.

Plans look good. Might be a little hard pressed to get back over to Pandora after ROL on that AK night though. It is a mad house moving through the crowd leaving the RoL theater and you're going to be cutting it close on time. As long as CM's aren't trying to actively steer you away fromPandora right at closing time, it might work ok though.

I for one will say I was impressed by ROL. I can't say it is my absolute favorite show ever or anything, but I'd heard those same lukewarm reviews so I think my expectations were lower, but I thought it was a good show!

Haha why thank you ;)

They just started offering nonstop flights from our home airport to MCO pretty recently. The price was just too good, especially when you factor in that they offer free bags. It's fine since we are 3 adults. If I had kids, I definitely don't think I'd feel comfortable about it though!

Yeah, I definitely know I'm cutting close with trying to see Pandora after ROL and I am definitely stressing about it. I really wish they kept this park open until 10, there's just so much to see at night between ROL, the Tree of Life awakenings, and Pandora! With our showing of ROL at 7:45 and the park closing at 9, I am hoping we will have 20-30 mins to spend there...it will be tight but I'm hoping it'll work out.

I'm glad to hear your positive review of ROL!

Great plans so far!! I do love a Halloween trip to WDW, so I will be looking forward to seeing if you post any pics from your trip while you're there, and of course looking forward to the TR!

Great plans so far!! I do love a Halloween trip to WDW, so I will be looking forward to seeing if you post any pics from your trip while you're there, and of course looking forward to the TR!

Thank you! It's been so long since I've been there for Halloween, I'm really excited! I will definitely be posting pictures and doing a TR :)

PTR Update #2

12 days to go! It's all becoming so real!

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom!

Today will be a full day; We will rope drop MK and stay as late as we can (there are EMH until 1am).

We will plan to get to the park early so we can enjoy some Main Street time and maybe grab some breakfast before the Welcome Show (Though I'm not sure if many places are serving breakfast anymore which is kind of a bummer).

After that, I'm thinking Haunted Mansion will be our first ride of the day. Other things I'd like us to do this morning are Under the Sea and meet the Tremaines (Dad's faves!).

We have a 12pm ADR at Be Our Guest! This is a family favorite for sure!

I made FPs for Mine Train, Big Thunder and Pirates. We will also probably try to see the Festival of Fantasy parade!

For the late afternoon I think we will do the slower paced attractions- PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, and Country Bears!

Dinner will be one of the QS restaurants. After dinner I'm hoping we can meet Talking Mickey either standby or by scoring a bonus FP for it!

We will definitely be watching Happily Ever After!

After that if wait times are low I'm hoping we can do Dumbo, Princess Fairytale Hall to meet Tiana/Rapunzel, Peter Pan (I'd really like mom to see the interactive queue), and maybe even SDMT so we can experience it in the dark, which my parents never have.

Not sure if we will make it all the way to 1am but I'd like us to try!

Day 6- MNSSHP

Since I'm planning a long night prior along with another long night on this day, we have nothing planned for the morning/afternoon until we head to the park at 4 for MNSSHP!

We will just hang around the resort and maybe walk around and check out the different sections!

For MNSSHP, we will line up early to catch the Seven Dwarfs meet.
That will probably be the only meet we do for the party. I'd really like to just enjoy the atmosphere and soak everything in. We will focus on the entertainment (parade, fireworks, castle show) and of course I want to do some trick or treating! We will definitely stay until the party is over!

Day 7 - Epcot, last day :(

Today is our last full day! Since we will be out late the night before, I'm planning on us sleeping in a little and getting to Epcot whenever we are ready, I assume by around 11am.

I made FP for Soarin, Living with the Land and Figment.

Otherwise this day will be much like our other Epcot day. We will spend our time exploring World Showcase and hitting up any food booths we didn't get to (or want to revisit)! We will stay until we feel we are done with everything we want to do! Tiffany is performing and I do hope I'll get to be around to hear her sing I Think We're Alone Now :)

Day 8- Departure Day

Our flight home is at 2pm, so I assume the unmagical express will pick us up around 11am. This is perfect as it will give us enough time to wake up, get our stuff together/bags checked, and grab a quick breakfast at the food court!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!