The THYROID Thread

Hello everyone! Good to read everyone's updates.

No bad weather here. We've avoided most storms that everyone up north got hit with. I did want just one. We did get a "snow day" for the high winds about 10 days ago. They were worse than most hurricanes we have and we did lose power.

Nothing much new here. Well, I did buy a new car. 2018 Toyota Camry. It's very boring. An old man car! I've been driving a VW Jetta that originally by DD bought, then said she didn't need since she was living in the city, but now would like back. So that swap has been done.

DS graduates in May and still is saying he'd like a Disney trip. I may just pay for him and his friend to go. He'd like all of us to go but I've got the almost-18 year old dog here and she cannot be left or boarded. I don't really want to go on my own with my son and his friend. So that's up in the air. I was a little bummed though that for the dates we want, the Shades of Green was all booked up (May). I usually don't have an issue with them, even relatively late in the game.

Not sure where else I could stay and was starting to look offsite. It's a work in progress.

DS graduates in May and still is saying he'd like a Disney trip. I may just pay for him and his friend to go. He'd like all of us to go but I've got the almost-18 year old dog here and she cannot be left or boarded. I don't really want to go on my own with my son and his friend. So that's up in the air. I was a little bummed though that for the dates we want, the Shades of Green was all booked up (May). I usually don't have an issue with them, even relatively late in the game.

Not sure where else I could stay and was starting to look offsite. It's a work in progress.

Have you looked at Coronado? The prices are reasonable because they are in the middle of a big room renovation, convention center addition, and the gondola installation. It's big and busy, but the new rooms are very nice. Only time I deal with offsite is when I'm staying at DD's. Otherwise, the transportation is my deal breaker. Of course, I just rented a car for this coming week for $550 and I should just uber and borrow DD's car!

Have you looked at Coronado? The prices are reasonable because they are in the middle of a big room renovation, convention center addition, and the gondola installation. It's big and busy, but the new rooms are very nice. Only time I deal with offsite is when I'm staying at DD's. Otherwise, the transportation is my deal breaker. Of course, I just rented a car for this coming week for $550 and I should just uber and borrow DD's car!

I'll look into it. I was on the WDW site today and I didn't notice that it came up but I was having terrible internet speed at work so that wasn't going well. Thanks!

He did end up booking some flights from 10-15 May so now he's got to find a place to stay.

Christine - we will miss you as we will probably do the 17-23.

The leg/foot saga continues. PCP didn't like how it looked. Took another picture for my chart. Ordered a stat ct scan. Got that done today, last patient. With contrast. Seeing the vascular surgeon stat Thurs. I don't like him but he is good medically. Saw him 2 years ago with the blood clot. They said elevate and use the compression stockings I have.

Tomm. we are having another snow storm. Ds3 will try to make it into the Hosp. We will be hit hard they say. winds again and at least 7 inches of snow.

Oh spring where are you.

Well the leg/foot drama continues. The vascular surgeon said yes he sees my feet but the tests say I have good flow so its not a vascular problem.

Could possibly be a blood clot from the heart and that is why I have to go and have the echo. I will work that next week around dh schedule and the predicted new storms coming, sigh. Then I will get to the mammo, pulmonary function test and oh did I mention the resident who did my mini physical said I have cataracts in both eyes. I did notice the L eye is a little blurry. Always something, sigh. Add that to the list.

They are shipping a guy from Va up here so there is a target on dh back for sure. Supposedly this guy is the best in the world, better than dh and he does not like dh. I told dh not matter what happens we def. need good health ins. We can buy it off the state exchange but I dont know how good it is. There is also a rumor that this fall they will try to get rid of 100 people. The older you are the sooner they try to get rid of you. But dh is not ready to retire. Never a dull moment.

LMP - I just spent a week with DD - glorious weather and did NOT want to return north, but there's that pesky thing about hubby and dog still in NJ... :rotfl2:

Tried The Plaza in MK for the first time - they just went to reservations only. Food was decent and better than your average but the service was TERRIBLE.

Last time I was at the eye doctor he said I had the start of cataracts in both eyes. I am waiting for the surgery because you can't fly afterwards and I go back and forth to visit DD every month! lol

Hey everyone, hope all is well. SingingMom, I am SO jealous of the good weather you experienced!! I just need to be in Florida.

We finally got my son's room booked. He's staying at Hyatt Place in the Lake Buena Vista area. Got it on Priceline for about $30 off a night and he gets his "free" breakfast that he wanted. If he couldn't get a Disney resort, then he wanted an easy breakfast where he was staying. Also got free parking for his rental.

Just after I did all that, my DD tells me she miscalculated her leave and she thinks she has enough to go so now we may add on to the trip. Her times for flying are fairly limited though, due to her work schedule so I don't know if it will work out. Crazy but I feel like if *I* am going, I must go to the Shades of Green and get the park tickets. They are $130 cheaper PER PERSON. This means I need to get over to the SoG before they close at 7PM, yet DD can't leave in the morning. So, still working on that.

Otherwise, we finally got our snow in the DC area. It was only 4 inches but it came right at the *right* time to close down work. Well, I still had to work. It's laughable, really, how little snow it takes around here to freak people out. To think I lived in Maine one year with 200 inches of snow each winter and managed to drive around everyday. But it was different.

Not much else going on at all.

LMP--hoping for the best on your husband's job situation. Sounds very nerve wracking.

Hi thyroid peeps, how is everyone doing?

I went for a blood test yest. Its to check the tsh level after she reduced my sunday synthroid. Then dh went to visit the univ. so I went along for a ride and then we went out for dinner at a place we like. They must have new management or a new cook because it was terrible.

And in other news I still need to schedule the other tests I need. Coordinating this with dh schedule is next to impossible these days lol.

Ds1 I think is buying a house. He is not really speaking to us since we refuse to help give him any money for it. We have been supporting him enough. Ds2 and future diil put a bid on a house but didnt go through with it after they checked out the neighborhood at night. Said it wasnt all that safe looking, sigh. The bridal shower is june 30 and our whole family is invited. I think its at a very fancy place and dh will be in France then. Its so far away as usual, sigh. The car ride alone is like an hour and the shower is about 5 hours. I will beyond exhausted, wilted more like it lol.

Ds3 is off to Costa Rica and Peru for a vacation in a few weeks. I know he will not be here for mothers day and I think he gets back after my bday. Such is life. He put in and had an interview for a new neuro icu unit. He heard from a friend that they said he really stood out in the interview. But all jobs there are union and seniority, so he says if they do not offer him a day position or he might consider 11-11 then he will just stay on his floor because he wont do the night shift.

I havent planned our disney trip yest. I just realized its my birthday with a big 0 in it and our anniversary that has a 5 in it, so I am talking dh into splurging for the yacht or beach club for some of the time, we shall see.

Getting a new water heater next week I hope. Need to go stove shopping one day too. Dh had the flu for like 3 weeks and was miserable

Well check in when you can and hope everyone is doing well.

Been very crazy around here. Dad had partial bladder removal due to bladder cancer secondary to prostate cancer radiation seed treatment. He is in great spirits and doing well. Hopefully he will feel well enough to enjoy our cruise on the Magic to Bermuda in October to celebrate his and mom's 80th birthdays.

I had to add a new bp medication to my daily list, but it seems to be helping. Had my annual gyno last week & he's sending me for an abdominal ultrasound because my muscles were so tight he couldn't do entire exam. Said "no rush" but of course I'm freaking out now. I need to make the appointment soon.

Going to visit DD on Sunday - spending two nights in Clearwater Beach because she needs some down time and I want to start researching "areas I like when hubby retires". lol I'll take her to work the other days and do mom stuff for her or walk around the parks until she is done. I'm looking forward to Florida sunshine after this lousy northeast "spring".

Hi everyone!

All is well here. So not going to Disney after all. My DD's schedule just couldn't quite work out and it was getting more annoying rather than pleasurable so I just bowed out. Also, I've decided to go back to school and that starts on May 7th and very compressed schedules so it's just as well.

DS graduates this coming Friday. We went down to his school yesterday (2 hour drive) for his computer competition. His team and another were tied for 1st place so they had a 3 hour presentation contest. Unfortunately, my son's group came in 2nd by a very narrow margin. He was bummed, but it was really good that he made it that far. There were 24 teams. He has one final on Wednesday and then he's done. He then goes to Disney from 10-15 May. Picked up his discounted tickets yesterday so he's all set. It will be interesting to see how it goes for him since, IMO, the FastPass thing is ridiculous unless you are a planner. I think impromptu trips are ruined but who knows.

Looks like we're finally getting some temps in the 80s this week. I can't wait!

Christine, sorry your disney plans are off now.
You'll find another time period to go there.

Good luck on school!

Christine - congrats to your ds on his graduation. It's great that you are going back to school. I hope you enjoy your classes!

singing mom - have fun with your dd and in the parks. Hope you have great weather!

macraven - how are you feeling?

Got the blood tests results, no med change as the TSH is going down. Got the new water heater installed. Booked the trip. I am a little Leary of flying southwest. We are getting double points though. Booked three days at the Swan and then three at the Beach club.May 17-23. Made some adrs. Cape May for hubs crab coma, Yachtsman because he asked for that, Chefs, Marrakesh, Brown Derby and the Plaza so far.

Going for the echocardiogram next friday.

Hi Everyone! Been a bit MIA on this thread, but I hope that everyone's well.

I wanted to ask if any of you who are hypothyroid or have no thyroid have experience with elevated liver enzyme levels? I went for a yearly exam last week, and the doctor sent me for testing, and lo and behold I now have to have further testing, including blood and an ultrasound of the abdomen.

I reached out to my endo for some insight, but all she said was that she agrees with my primary doctor's course of action and that I should have the tests done. As with all of my other conditions, I was hoping it was related to my not having a thyroid, but she wouldn't indicate so. Of course, I did a Google search. I'm definitely not a heavy drinker, so it can't be that. I have gained 10 pounds in the last year, so possibly fatty liver? Or even damage from medications.

Appreciate any feedback or stories. Thanks!

I googled that about hypothyoid and liver issues and only found articles that are 4 years old.

which means, i don't know as i have no experience with liver problems.

thyroid conditions can affect many of the organs.
My parathyroid is an issue due to being hypo

Hope you get some replies prprincess to help you

I wanted to ask if any of you who are hypothyroid or have no thyroid have experience with elevated liver enzyme levels? I went for a yearly exam last week, and the doctor sent me for testing, and lo and behold I now have to have further testing, including blood and an ultrasound of the abdomen.

I reached out to my endo for some insight, but all she said was that she agrees with my primary doctor's course of action and that I should have the tests done. As with all of my other conditions, I was hoping it was related to my not having a thyroid, but she wouldn't indicate so. Of course, I did a Google search. I'm definitely not a heavy drinker, so it can't be that. I have gained 10 pounds in the last year, so possibly fatty liver? Or even damage from medications.

i had this happen to me once. The endocrinologist said it could be a few things, asked if I had been taking a lot of Tylenol and I said no. She just had me repeat the blood test and it was fine.

wishing you all the best.

I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to. Oftentimes, these elevated liver counts can disappear. Some medications can cause this, although I'm sure your doctor went over them. A high sugar/junky food diet can also (I'm sure you have already read about non-alcohol related fatty liver disease). That seems to be a growing issue these days. Hopefully it turns out to be "nothing" but I am not aware of any hypothyroid condition that causes it. Now, having said all that, back in the dark ages when they used to remove you from your thyroid medication to have a scan, my TSH got up to about 145. I was SEVERELY hypothyroid. Yes, my liver bloodwork was off. But they knew it was due to extreme hypothyroidism. Once back on meds, my liver function quickly returned to normal.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you.

LMP: Have fun on your trip. I am so jealous. One day I'll get back there! Still going to Cape May for the crab legs, I see! My son has a few things planned: Boma and Sanaa. He's also going to Biergarten for lunch one day. I guess he has fond memories of that. He didn't have a whole lot of luck getting fast passes but that's to be expected for a quick trip. Man, they've taken the fun out of a Disney trip. I like to plan, but not that much.

Thanks luvmarypoppins and Christine! It is hard not to worry, but I can't help it. I at least got the second round of blood work done on Saturday, and then I go for the ultrasound tomorrow. I'm hoping that it's something as simple as changing my diet!! I will keep you posted on what they found as soon as I hear.

Well hope everyone had a good Mother's day. Mine are always memorable . Ds2 got late to church and couldn't sit with me. But he cooked the dinner. Ds1 was his usual unhelpful self sigh. But those two will be gone soon.
Ds3 video chatted from Lima, Peru.

Had the echo Friday. The Pcp called me and said talk to a staff member about the results so I guess I am assuming it's ok??

Not looking forward to all this rain for the upcoming trip. The wheelchair needs its own poncho lol. I am bringing books and maybe buying another pair of water shoes.

Well hope everyone had a good Mother's day. Mine are always memorable . Ds2 got late to church and couldn't sit with me. But he cooked the dinner. Ds1 was his usual unhelpful self sigh. But those two will be gone soon.
Ds3 video chatted from Lima, Peru.

Had the echo Friday. The Pcp called me and said talk to a staff member about the results so I guess I am assuming it's ok??

Not looking forward to all this rain for the upcoming trip. The wheelchair needs its own poncho lol. I am bringing books and maybe buying another pair of water shoes.

Yeah, there's a lot of moaning on the theme park boards about the rain. My son is in the thick of today. It's really just the start of it. But he's surviving. He ended up have 3 good days. Today and tomorrow will be awful. I don't mind a day or two of rain, but day after day gets old and YUCK on the ponchos after an hour or so.

DD said it's going to rain all week. Of course, as a CM in MK, that sometimes means less crowds. But, the ones that DO come, complain about the weather! She said she's amazed how many people act as if SHE has something to do with the weather, or crowds, or fastpasses, etc. lol She said "as if I were that powerful!" :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!