The times and logistics for campfire, hayrides, electric pagent, etc.

KIS

DIS Veteran
This is our first WDW trip. Even though we are staying at the Dolphin (the teacher's discount was too good to resist), I think that the FW resort activities might be a nice, special way to end our trip. My hope was that the more mellow mood of a campfire sing-along, a hayride, and the electrical show might be enjoyable but not as overwhelming a spectable as the Spectro parade or somethingm for a 5 y.o. She tends to go to sleep early, so I am trying to learn what the timing is on most of these events and experiences at FW. I also do not know how far it is we'd have to travel. I am unfamiliar with it all. What are the times, prices, and logistics of these various activities. It might help for you to know that our trip is scheduled for April 24 through May 2, 2004. I am thinking of this all for May 1st evening.

Thanks for your time and attention.

KIS

Welcome to the Camping board! All the FW activities will be perfect for your little one!!

In the spring/summer the campfires will be lit a little before 8 p.m. and the sing-along and Chip and Dale start happening about 8. The hayrides are at 7ish and 9ish (I forget exactly what time) and the EWP is at 9:45. You could do the beginning of the campfire and leave after the cartoon short. Then head to the Settlement area for the later hayride and you often get to see the EWP while on the hayride.

Or you could forget the hayride and get to FW before the pony rides stop and do that instead ($3--you lead the pony--the adult cannot wear open-toed shoes). Then eat dinner at the Trail's End, visit some of the playgrounds, do the campfire and see more of the movie and then watch the EWP from the beach.

As far as transportation goes, the easiest way to FW is to ride the boat from MK to FW. Then you are at the Settlement area and would need to catch a bus to the Meadows area for the campfire--or walk because you'd pass two playgrounds on the walk there. To get back to the Dolphin I'd guess you'd need to catch the boat back to the MK if it is open later or perhaps a bus to Downtown Disney and get a Dolphin bus there. Perhaps someone else can help you with that.

Have fun planning!

dearcampingcorgi:

It all sounds so delightful.

Given the times you shared for when most things tend to start, I wonder if it is feasible to go on the earlier hayride, and then go to the campfire and call it a night. From your experience, would that be feasible?

We'll be having some down time after a full day in Epcot. We'll be in the hotel for a nap at 3:30. So, I'd like us to have a 5:30/6 dinner, get over there and get back around 9. How long is the electric show, anyway? May be it's not all that long.

As far as transport goes, I imagine we might save an awful lot of time with a cab and it might be well worth the money so that my daughter gets a good night's rest and comes relaxed and rested to her evening activities. Is the Meadows area easy to get to? Where would a cab drop us off, if you happen to know?

As you can see, I have a lot of questions. I hope you don't know sharing more of what you know and giving your opinion.

Thanks.

KIS

I found some information about the activities such as the hayride, the campfire, ponyrides, carriage rides, etc.

It looks like the hayride and the campfire conflict unless we extend our stay that night.

I also need to inquire about transportation further having looked into it a bit more.

Does anyone know how long it take to get from the FW to the MGM or Epcot by bus? The Dolphin is a 15 minute walk or so from either of these. (If Illuminations is going on when we arrive, we'll just go to the other). I don't know when these parks close, so I'd have to be careful with this notion. Anyway, I'd welcome news about the bus travel time to either of these locations from FW. Otherwise, it might be worth a cab ride.

Where are the hayride and campfire in proximity to each other and how far away from the bus stop are they? Is there just one bus stop? If not, which is closest to the campfire in the Meadow area?

KIS

I would suggest going to the Studios from the Dolphin, as the boats from the Dolphin go to the "rear" exit of Epcot. You would have to walk through Epcot to the front exit to get a bus to Ft. Wilderness.

Anyway, once you arrive at the Studios, take a bus to Ft. Wilderness.

Get off the bus once you arrive to Ft. Wilderness. Then take any internal bus that has "Outpost" on it. Get off at the Outpost.The stables/pony rides/hay ride are very near this bus stop.

Once you complete your pony/hay ride, get on the Yellow/Settlement Bus and get off at Loop 1500/Meadows stop, then it is a short walk to the campfire area.

After the campfire, get back on a Yellow/Settlement Bus and continue on and get off at the Settlement, where it is a short walk to the beach to watch the Electrical Pageant or to the bus stop to return to the Studios.

If you want to skip the campfire, then take any internal bus that has "Settlement" on in to get back to where you arrived at the campground.

To get back to the Dolphin.

If the MK is still open and boats are running, take a boat to the Magic Kingdom, then a bus back to the Dolphin.

If the MK is not open, but the Studios are open, take a bus to the Studios from the Settlement.

If the MK and Studios are both closed, then you can take any internal bus to the "Outpost" and take a bus to Downtown Disney, then get on a bus to the Dolphin, or:

Take any internal bus to the "Outpost" and take a bus to Epcot (this may only go to TTC, where you will take a monorail to Epcot), then walk through Epcot, out the International Gateway, then walk to the Dolphin.

I know this sounds complicated.

I hope it's been helpful.

Carol

This website explains Ft. Wilderness transportation.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/busroute.htm

Wow, that does sound complicated. What about with a car? Where is the best place to park? We will most likely do the buffet, petting zoo, other misc stuff, the campfire, movie and EWP.

We were thinking of going to MK for a while then -catching the boat?- over to FW? (Early stages of planing this day-I have a lot more research to do) Would we have a problem getting back to MK that late (MK closes early in Feb.)

Could you park at FW then go to MK for the day before heading over for the evening and having you car there?

If there is somewhere to park we will most likely do AK that day then take a break at the resort before doing all the WL/FW stuff that night.

Thanks.

If you go to MK for the day, you would be parked in the Transportation Center. In that case you could take the boat over from the MK to Ft. Wilderness.

In returning, I think you can get a bus to the Transportation Center from the Outpost which is where your car will be parked.

You can also drive your car over to the main parking lot of Ft. Wilderness, then take the internal buses around Ft. Wilderness. Only guests staying at Ft. Wilderness can take there cars past the main parking lot.

Carol

clkelley,

thanks for the directions. i think it will help once i get the times down, too.

i think we'll probably skip the electric water extravaganza. I forgot what it's actually called.

the hayride and the campfire is about right, with or without a pony ride.

kis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter