The Trip Report That Never Was and Always Will Be ~ UPDATED 8/8

March 25, 2019
Day 2, Part 1 In Which Like All You Lovely Folks I've Got A Dream

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for my hiatus, it was not expected. Quarantine brain is real. In 3 days it will be four months of it and whew. All I can do is be thankful myself and my loved ones are not ill and get on with my day.

Back to March of 2019...

For the past five years, I have played every Caucasian Disney Princess, most of them dozens of times. They say if you truly love something, you shouldn't do it for a living. Once you monetize it, you add stress and obligation, and it's no longer fun. They also say that everything, even your wildest dreams, can get old eventually. This is why we're always reaching for new goals and we're never satisfied. Well, I still have a lot of goals in mind, but the truth is i'm extremely satisfied and it never gets old.

All those years I was going to Disney, there were so many clues that this was clearly the job for me. And by clues, I mean complete strangers would come up to me in the park and ask if I was a princess, or make comments suggesting they were simply assuming I was. It took me a lot of years to realize this despite these very obvious nods from the universe, God, or whatever you believe is going on out there in the void. If you are receiving things like this, please be open to it, even if you think you've got your life plan down or sealed your fate in a different way. The thing you are looking for is possibly all around you most of the time and for whatever reason, you just aren't getting it.

My love for Disney lead to playing princesses and then becoming a small business owner. If it wasn't for my character entertainment company, I probably would have had to scale down my other acting jobs or quit entirely by now. Unless you're Angelina Jolie, it's hard to make a full living as an actor. Most of us don't have those big paydays, which is why the great majority of entertainers are forced to get a 9-5 job. This results in no time to audition or work on other things unless you're willing to leave/get fired and start all over again when bills are due. I've had jobs in film, television, theatre, live comedy, and even in the medical field as an actress, but it's been running this company and bringing magic to children that has kept me afloat. Without that, I would not be able to continue acting, or maybe I'd keep acting somewhat but also need to focus my energy on some grown-up job I never wanted just to make ends meet.

I went on my first audition at the age of 7, and I am now, um, not 7. I have seen many many MANY people turn around and say they just can't keep doing it, as much as they wish they could. The rejection is too much. The pressure is too great. They see their high school friends posting on Facebook about job security and vacation homes and feel left behind. They say, "Come on Lia, it's just never gonna happen for me..." It hurts to see that. I am always energized when I meet someone who, despite a complete lack of evidence that anything will pan out, has just moved to NYC in order to become an actor. This happens every day. It's a blissfully, blindly hopeful antidote to all the people I know who have given up and chosen to "get real". I have consistently refused to do this, in fact, I went in the complete opposite direction and became a princess. That is absurd. That is ridiculous. I never, ever would have guessed that's where my life would end up. And yet, it is why I have clothes and a roof over my head. The best part is, my "survival job" that allows me to keep acting is also an acting job. Yes, there's also the business side of running a company, which was a learning curve, but I'm in it for the performance, ultimately. Even when jobs, auditions, and casting meetings are scarce, I still get to be Rapunzel or one of her many friends on the weekend... and that is a massive relief, an important muscle that needs flexing, and an itch that needs scratching. I've even been able to sort of do it during the pandemic, by offering personalized videos and Zoom play dates. So I implore you to embrace the ridiculous. Sure, you may be reading this and thinking, "Well, I'm not going to be a princess and run a company." Maybe not. But what is waiting for you? What keeps popping up in your life no matter how much you brush it off?

All of those people who came up to me in the parks and addressed me as a princess or character performer were unknowingly trying to tell me something. You can have someone say it straight to your face and still not realize or hear what they are saying. Those people were leading me down the path to the rest of my life.

Like when Grandmother Willow tells Pocahontas to listen to the spirits around you, or Mufasa teaches Simba about the great Kings of the past.

Open your eyes. Pay attention. Look closer.

You love the things you love for a reason.

Okay, I am done with my spiritual life lesson for the day. Just some things I was thinking about since this day, I dressed up as my FAVE!!!!!! Rapunzel.

Since I frequently play her at my job, you would think my Disney vacation was an opportunity to break away from all that. Dress down, maybe not glue false eyelashes onto my lids for once.

Nope.

50046775118_72b2b71d1f_z.jpg

I woke up at Coronado with that very specific "I did not get enough sleep but I DO NOT CARE LET ME AT THE FUN!!!!!!!!!!" Disney trip feeling. You all know it.

It was a beautiful day at Coronado Springs!

50047598412_8c7999e10d_z.jpg

I went to Cafe Rix to get some coffee because I was about to transform and needed some fuel.

50047598407_9d84547e81_z.jpg

Now, you've just seen the photos from my Sept 2014 trip when I Disneybounded as Rapunzel, so it's kinda new and familiar to you. But for me, I hadn't worn this outfit, hair extensions, and flowers since then. I wore the shirt just whenever because I didn't buy that specifically for the costume, but the whole ensemble was something I really enjoyed and always planned to do again one day! I don't actually wear any of these items when I perform with my company, as we only use the most authentic and high quality costumes and wigs. This was just for fun!

Rapunzel's destination was far from her tower: noted Greatest Place on Planet Earth, EPCOT!

50048610871_f992aa6d02_z.jpg

As I was entering the gates, this happened:
@capriamoon: I have my Rapunzel outfit today and this little girl asked her dad “is she a real princess or is she an actor?” Literally, both

I was like, wow, what a smart child! I am actually both of those things.

But... at Disney... you are not supposed to misrepresent yourself as one of their characters. Plus, I was off duty!

"Rapunzel is at the Magic Kingdom! I just love her so much that I like to dress like her sometimes."

Despite saying this, the little girl kept talking to her parents about me and did a good amount of stalking. I am used to that because it happens any time we do a public appearance. Or it did, pre-pandemic, anyway.

I was in this weird time of day where I wasn't meeting Jess right away, but I also didn't really have enough time to DO anything. No problem - I'll just wander around in complete awe of the beauty that surrounds me! My specialty, and also a very Rapunzel thing to do.

I headed to The Land because I had not smelled that divine and specific Land Smell for over 3 years. You know the one!

Sidenote -- does anyone else buy those WDW Smell-Inspired candles? I am currently burning one modeled after the champagne smell from PhilharMagic. I love them, and some of the scents are insanely accurate. However, I haven't come across a Land Smell candle yet. Probably because some of the other scents are more definable, but I really couldn't tell you what The Land smells like. It smells like The Land Smell.

I wanted some deliciousness from Sunshine Seasons, but I knew I was going to eat with Jess. If you've read my prior TRs, you know we can eat like no one's business so I wanted to save that for our reunion meal. For a little warm-up snack, I chose a chocolate croissant.

50048049943_ba97ee2a62_z.jpg

I MISSED Disney Chocolate Croissants. I'm sure I've written about this in the past, but Disney doesn't make the quick service ones very authentically -- which I like. I enjoy their Americanized, lighter, softer, less flaky version. I am lucky enough to have French bakeries near me, so I can get the real thing any time... but I love that soft Disney version. Anyone else?

I love that Sunshine Seasons has some more varied options, like this cupcake...

50048610706_626eb659cc_z.jpg

Vegan baked goods are DELICIOUS in general, but I appreciated that they made this cupcake an interesting flavor and not just chocolate or vanilla. Vegan people deserve more options like these!

After that, I left the luscious Land Smell to head in the direction of the iconic Jessica Faye, World Showcase!

50101735378_44c2dd679b_z.jpg

So...I've always been known worldwide for my obsession with the Food and Wine Festival, but I actually think Flower and Garden is my favorite now.

50101735528_f503f84541_z.jpg

When Food & Wine was the only food booth festival, naturally it was going to be my favorite time of year at Epcot. That mixed with it just being my favorite time of year in general and in my opinion the best time to visit Disney, of course I just adored it. Still do!!! BUT Flower & Garden has the bonus of the utter beauty of the brightly colored flowers added to Epcot, plus the topiaries... sigh. I love it.

50102317871_32f8cb7008_z.jpg

Also, on my November trip I noticed how heavy all the Food & Wine stuff is, and it's actually pretty hard to eat in the Florida daytime heat. Flower & Garden has more light and refreshing items, whereas with Food & Wine I kind of only want to eat all that pasta, meat, cheese, and bread at night or in air conditioning.

50101735408_c1af77417b_z.jpg

I also got to experience Festival of the Arts in February AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! But we'll save those details for later on in the report.

50102318006_384994d4ce_z.jpg

Hearts are my favorite thing... I'm always buying items with hearts on them so I'm kinda known for that among friends. These were my FAVORITE!

50101735593_680864046e_z.jpg

You can never beat this view!

50102543752_dbaf882ac2_z.jpg

Of course, the first thing I purchased at Flower & Garden had to be my legendary favorite drink, Quentin Tarantino's icee of choice.... The Violent Lemonade, a beverage perfect for wetting your whistle in between filming those demanding and exhausting blood-drenched scenes.

50101735483_643d37d915_z.jpg

It was as refreshing and delicious as I remembered! A Disney Must-Do, if you ask me.

I was headed to the International Gateway, and the bridge was up as I tried to pass!

50048055818_59cb141241_z.jpg

There weren't any trolls to push me back back over the falls, but then again there were no falls at that precise spot. However, those trolls are tricky so truthfully, you never know. Can you tell I miss Maelstrom, the Scandinavian area's hottest nightclub? Sigh.

I know it's not the nicest thing in the world to take photos of a stranger's backside, however this woman was wearing such a COOL kimono!!!

50102583527_ff6978de85_z.jpg

It's Lilo and Stitch as constellations!!!!!!!!!! These Disney merchandise designers really know what they are doing sometimes, I'm tellin' ya.

Last edited:
March 25, 2019
Day 2, Part 2 In Which The Mermaid Is Missing

It was almost time to meet Jess for our brunch and I was so excited! We were eating with some of our favorite royals at TRATTORIA AL FORNO!!!!!!!!!

During my time away from Disney World, this was one of those character meals I knew that I was going to have to hit up immediately as it featured my faves, Rapunzel and Eugene, plus childhood faves Ariel and Eric.

First of all... do you guys remember how HARD it was to meet Flynn Rider back in my day?! I went through a LOT at that first MNSSHP. Ahh, memories. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the Stuck in Disney Report. Now THERE'S a saga.)

Today, he's just at the Boardwalk with my girl Punz all damn day! Kids in 2020 will NEVER realize the hardship of having to wait for a special event to meet this handsome hunk. Now you can just waltz on into the Trattoria whenever you want!!!!!!!

I had to use the restroom and I have to say this definitely makes the list of one of my all-time favorite Disney bathrooms!

50048055823_37d3d55061_z.jpg

It is themed like a backstage area/dressing room because of the new bar next door, the AbracadaBar. It's supposed to be a stomping ground for performing magicians!

50048870822_9ccc700769_z.jpg

I don't know about you, but these little details are the touches that keep me coming back to Disney. JUST DELIGHTFUL.

Jess texted me to say she was running a little late, so I went ahead and checked in for our reservation. The CM let me know that unfortunately Ariel's adventures didn't bring her here today, so Elena of Avalor was there in her place. I thought that was kind of a random choice, but I was cool with it because I have actually never met Elena before! We have a "Fiesta Princess" inspired by her so I am a big fan and was excited to meet the guitar-playing, Jaquin-riding princess herself!

Jess arrived and we actually had to wait a bit longer for our table. It was a late morning reservation but still quite busy. Once we were seated, we started with the iconic frying pan full of pastry.

"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"

50048870682_9a26878d75_z.jpg

Sigh... I love themed food. Now bring on the Princes!!!!!!!!!!!!

We met my -- I mean Rapunzel's -- husband first, Mr. Eugene Fitzherbert!

50102221487_c5b37980ff_z.jpg

I don't know why that picture is so awkward but hey! I remember him commenting that I was really smart for deciding to dress like the most beautiful girl in the world or something like that! I love when the Princes fawn over the Princesses... it just never gets old. When I'm training new actors for my company, I always stress to them that they have to be super super visibly in love and complimentary to the princesses in front of the kids. It's just so sweet!

50101413873_a7803a5dd9_z.jpg

For breakfast, I got the Two Eggs Your Way which comes with breakfast potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage.

50048870832_d8e765b6bd_z.jpg

Now, I don't remember this meal being bad at all, but I was kind of disappointed with the menu. There is nothing special about the offerings, which I felt didn't really match the fun spin on a bread basket that the pastry frying pan was. This is also supposed to be an Italian restaurant which wasn't really a thing at breakfast. It just kind of felt like they know you'll show up for the characters so the food can be whatever. I know cynics will claim Disney always does this, but it's not true. I'll write more when we get there, but Jess, Gina, and I ate at Topolino's Terrace in February, and while the service was shaky, the characters were absolutely fabulous and the food was DELECTABLE. I mean, like, it all tasted like Disney actually added pixie dust or something. Just really really flavorful and kinda unique dishes over there at Riviera.

Step up your game, Trattoria al Forno!

Next, my best friend came around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS RAPUNZEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50102476337_0edc5999a8_z.jpg

Some say we look alike ;)

50101996956_bd86ceaed2_z.jpg

Next we met Prince Eric! Very exciting... I actually don't think I've ever met him before. I really like his Prince outfit, the one we have for my company is just the black pants and red belt one from earlier in the movie but this one is very royal.

50102221482_6377b44f84_z.jpg

Coming soon after was the gorgeous Elena of Avalor! I was so excited to see her dress and crown up close because being that I have the job I do... details are important!

50101469978_d66b360235_z.jpg

It's really one of the most amazing princess looks in my opinion! It always feels more royal when you have a hoop skirt and I love that she wears a crown daily which is pretty rare for a Disney Princess!

50101996996_838e5097b7_z.jpg

Once our meal was complete, I paid with the best possible currency:

50048616231_2640112ac4_z.jpg

Overall, I do not find this to be a must-do unless you are like me and are completely obsessed with Tangled. First of all, just because there are such an abundance of awesome restaurants at Disney, I would not rush here if you care about food. The location being the Boardwalk is definitely a plus, though.

I think it's really cool that two Disney couples are featured at this breakfast since usually it's pretty hard to meet the Princes. I also like the idea of Rapunzel and Ariel being together since they are similar in their excitable & cute personalities. However, I did not find the characters to be super spectacular, and that actually hurts me to say since I'm a performer and I don't like to criticize anyone in the field. This is why I didn't specify in particular if anyone stood out good or bad, because if one of these people happen upon this post, I'd feel awful if someone was singled out. Overall though, I wouldn't pin it on one character -- the interactions and performances just did not blow me away. I'm not just being critical here either... we had another character meal for dinner, and when I get into that, you will see the clear difference of how much better the dinner was performance-wise.

I still wouldn't say the experience was all that disappointing because being reunited with Jess, eating and meeting characters is kind of the best so it was all good!

We wanted to hit up the Flower & Garden booths at some point in the day, but obviously, since we had just eaten that needed to wait. What we decided to do was burn off some of the breakfast by walking all the way to the front of the park and working our way back through so that by the time we ended up back in Showcase, we'd be hungry!

I know... it's an impressive plan. We aren't first-timers! So off we went to explore This, Our Spaceship Earth.

50048616156_3dc00e9447_z.jpg

I think Jess & I both fell asleep the last time we went on this together. We nap well, but I was so happy to be back and more alert this time!!! It will always be one of my favorites.

Is the refurb back on, btw? Last I heard, it was canceled. I don't really feel it needs refurbishment anyway, they could definitely spend that time, money, and energy on something more in need of an update, but that's just me!

During my absence from Disney World, walls became a thing. It was high time that Jess, queen of getting that perfect shot, indoctrinate me into this trend. Taking pictures in front of good looking surfaces is always appealing so I was excited for my first Disney Wall!

50102004011_a68ac18ca8_z.jpg

My gold sandals certainly went well with my outfit, but ouch. They definitely weren't all day park material!

50102054006_6242cf0208_z.jpg

Selfies are always important.

50101413833_fe921b5106_z.jpg

This one shows off many of the flowers in my hair extensions! Umm, I mean, my hair.

50102221497_9a6ac8b6e1_z.jpg

I love our friendship!! I'm actually texting with Jess right now... I miss her!

50101420428_0afca2d83c_z.jpg

What a successful photoshoot!

50101413848_ac57e2ec8d_z.jpg

What's your favorite Disney wall? We had QUITE an experience at one of the other walls on our November trip, but that story will have to wait. Up next: More Epcotting!

Last edited:
I loved reading your little spiritual life lesson there. I have similar feelings about how the Universe works and I've been examining possible signs a lot lately since well... not too long ago my life was kinda upended and I'm feeling kinda lost. The Universe definitely has weird ways of guiding us so I'm hoping wherever I'm going it will show itself as distinctly as where you are. Because it really does, coincidences never stay coincidences for long and knowing you, you definitely got where you belong.

The Land does have a distinctive smell, doesn't it? Gosh I wish could explain that one. Also, I need some candles. Relax myself a bit in the madness of the world.

It's so funny I see everyone's feelings about F&G have changed positively while I don't think much of it. I much prefer FotA and F&W, but that also might have to do with the fact that my one experience with F&G 2.0 I was gross sick, which made me super exhausted. It also was when the pandemic was starting to become a scary thing so my anxiety was next level. But Quentin Tarantino's fave drink... we do have to stan that one.

OMG THE ABRACADABAR RESTROOMS REALLY DO WIN!!! That lighting is the lighting I want in my future home. Granted I'd probably spend an extraordinary amount of time in the bathroom getting ready as a result so probably not a good idea.

I agree that the Trattoria breakfast is kind of a disappointment, but for me I didn't feel it began with the food. I found the food to be a step up for me. I wonder if they've changed the menu around because it was a bit more creative than what you got, because it was well beyond what I've gotten at places like 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's. My issue was mostly with the attitude of the dining cast members then just a bit of the set-up of things (and I was also with a massive group of 10+ 20-somethings). Everything else was fine, but I also did have Ariel so maybe her being there affected the vibes. I don't know, but I'm sorry it wasn't up to par for you. I'm excited to hear about your experience at Topolino's!

Also, yes, Elena is amazing. I love speaking Spanish with her (one time I somehow convinced her I was fluent for like two sentences, don't know how I did that) or watching her speak it with Spanish-speaking guests. She really means the world to him. It's so wonderful. No other princess is representative in that way and UGH, she's such a queen.

I love Spaceship Earth as is too, but I'm hype for what the upgrade has in store. As sad as I'm sad to see Dame Judi Dench get her boot, WHO COULD BE COMING TO TAKE HER PLACE? My dream would be Catherine O'Hara but as Moira Rose or John Mulaney, granted that's me for any voice-over work. Maybe Beyoncé? I don't know, I just know that Spaceship Earth is one attraction they refurb fairly often and change up quite a bit to give a distinctive experience every so often, which is super neat so even if we're leaving an incredible iteration behind we're gonna get a really cool new iteration that is gonna blow all our minds.

These Bubblegum Wall photos are A SERVE. Best wall and it accents both your outfits so well.

Excited for the rest of your Epcotting!

Your Rapunzel hair is the ultimate #goalz. Actually, your entire look for Trattoria al Forno is! I too was slightly disappointed by the food there...I wish they would stick to an Italian theme for breakfast food, too (or if that's too hard, at least pan-Mediterranean).

Dude, chocolate croissants at Disney are one of my favorite things to get for a quick breakfast. They are delicious and I love how light they are so I can also have some fruit with it and have a balanced ~food court~ meal.

Also, on my November trip I noticed how heavy all the Food & Wine stuff is, and it's actually pretty hard to eat in the Florida daytime heat. Flower & Garden has more light and refreshing items

This is why I've (blasphemously) always loved Flower and Garden more than Food and Wine- F&G has healthier options and way more options for vegetarians! (They also had my beloved spring rolls from China that I was obsessed with on my DCP, R.I.P.) I also love the colorful flowers and topiaries... but F&W has Hanson... so IDK!

LOL @ PlutosRHM55's suggestion as Moira Rose replacing Judi Dench on SSE :rotfl2:That would be amazing.

I love your *~Wall~* photos... Allie and I took ours at the worst time of day when the sun was blasting the wall so ours didn't come out great:
510860 510862

We also lost all our Photopass pictures from that day (Leap Day- 4 parks in 1 day!) and I was so upset. I didn't have the money to pay for them at the time and they never emailed me when they were about to expire so they disappeared. :sad: Guess we'll have to try again in 2024!

LOL @ PlutosRHM55's suggestion as Moira Rose replacing Judi Dench on SSE :rotfl2:That would be amazing.

Listen, if I had to offer up my voice impression services (and apparently I do Moira very well), I will do it to make it happen. Especially if it makes this now postponed refurb happen sooner, I WILL DO IT.

I loved reading your little spiritual life lesson there. I have similar feelings about how the Universe works and I've been examining possible signs a lot lately since well... not too long ago my life was kinda upended and I'm feeling kinda lost. The Universe definitely has weird ways of guiding us so I'm hoping wherever I'm going it will show itself as distinctly as where you are. Because it really does, coincidences never stay coincidences for long and knowing you, you definitely got where you belong.

The Land does have a distinctive smell, doesn't it? Gosh I wish could explain that one. Also, I need some candles. Relax myself a bit in the madness of the world.

It's so funny I see everyone's feelings about F&G have changed positively while I don't think much of it. I much prefer FotA and F&W, but that also might have to do with the fact that my one experience with F&G 2.0 I was gross sick, which made me super exhausted. It also was when the pandemic was starting to become a scary thing so my anxiety was next level. But Quentin Tarantino's fave drink... we do have to stan that one.

OMG THE ABRACADABAR RESTROOMS REALLY DO WIN!!! That lighting is the lighting I want in my future home. Granted I'd probably spend an extraordinary amount of time in the bathroom getting ready as a result so probably not a good idea.

I agree that the Trattoria breakfast is kind of a disappointment, but for me I didn't feel it began with the food. I found the food to be a step up for me. I wonder if they've changed the menu around because it was a bit more creative than what you got, because it was well beyond what I've gotten at places like 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's. My issue was mostly with the attitude of the dining cast members then just a bit of the set-up of things (and I was also with a massive group of 10+ 20-somethings). Everything else was fine, but I also did have Ariel so maybe her being there affected the vibes. I don't know, but I'm sorry it wasn't up to par for you. I'm excited to hear about your experience at Topolino's!

Also, yes, Elena is amazing. I love speaking Spanish with her (one time I somehow convinced her I was fluent for like two sentences, don't know how I did that) or watching her speak it with Spanish-speaking guests. She really means the world to him. It's so wonderful. No other princess is representative in that way and UGH, she's such a queen.

I love Spaceship Earth as is too, but I'm hype for what the upgrade has in store. As sad as I'm sad to see Dame Judi Dench get her boot, WHO COULD BE COMING TO TAKE HER PLACE? My dream would be Catherine O'Hara but as Moira Rose or John Mulaney, granted that's me for any voice-over work. Maybe Beyoncé? I don't know, I just know that Spaceship Earth is one attraction they refurb fairly often and change up quite a bit to give a distinctive experience every so often, which is super neat so even if we're leaving an incredible iteration behind we're gonna get a really cool new iteration that is gonna blow all our minds.

These Bubblegum Wall photos are A SERVE. Best wall and it accents both your outfits so well.

Excited for the rest of your Epcotting!

You always have the best and thoughtful comments! Thank you! I think right now everyone is just so lost and confused. Like, this is just such an insane and unprecedented time in the world that on a daily basis, I never really know what to do except believe that there's some reason this is all happening on a grand scale. And then, also a reason why my own life is on pause. Spirituality is important in times like these, I don't know how I would feel if I just thought there was no magic out there.

Festival of the Arts review coming in the future... but I spoiler alert, loved it!!!

It's not that the food was bad at the restaurant, and yes it's definitely better quality than 1900 and Chef Mickey's but I would love more creativity on the menu. Give me Rapunzel's fave, hazelnut soup!!! 😂

OMG I'm jealous you spoke Spanish with Elena. I agree, the representation there is just amazing. That's why I insisted on having someone of the correct nationality to play her. It's so ridiculous when I see white girls doing it, I'm just like........................ok

Catherine O'Hara is so iconic and queen of my life so I 1000000% agree. I still feel like she's underrated.

You saying my photos are a serve.... an honor 💕

Your Rapunzel hair is the ultimate #goalz. Actually, your entire look for Trattoria al Forno is! I too was slightly disappointed by the food there...I wish they would stick to an Italian theme for breakfast food, too (or if that's too hard, at least pan-Mediterranean).

Thank you so much!!! Hopefully the food will be better when I go back because inevitably I will need to see my husband Eugene.

Dude, chocolate croissants at Disney are one of my favorite things to get for a quick breakfast. They are delicious and I love how light they are so I can also have some fruit with it and have a balanced ~food court~ meal.

This is why I've (blasphemously) always loved Flower and Garden more than Food and Wine- F&G has healthier options and way more options for vegetarians! (They also had my beloved spring rolls from China that I was obsessed with on my DCP, R.I.P.) I also love the colorful flowers and topiaries... but F&W has Hanson... so IDK!

I love your *~Wall~* photos... Allie and I took ours at the worst time of day when the sun was blasting the wall so ours didn't come out great:
View attachment 510860 View attachment 510862

We also lost all our Photopass pictures from that day (Leap Day- 4 parks in 1 day!) and I was so upset. I didn't have the money to pay for them at the time and they never emailed me when they were about to expire so they disappeared. :sad: Guess we'll have to try again in 2024!

DUDE I love your tie dye ears!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'm very happy you can eat the chocolate croissants. We will have to get them next time.

March 25, 2019
Day 2, Part 3 in which Timon and Pumbaa are Reunited!

Buckle UP. This is kind of a long update, but again it's been awhile! Grab a snack.

After successfully getting Bubblegum Wall photos perfect for plastering across Instagram, we headed to Guest Relations.

At the time, there was a weird bug in My Disney Experience preventing Jess & I from linking our accounts so we could get FPs together. It had something to do with her being a CM, which usually isn't a problem. It was an unfortunate issue, but at the same time, it kind of worked in our favor because we were able to get FPs for almost anything we wanted to make up for our inconvenience.

I've said it before and here I go again... I love Disney carpets!!!!!

50101420443_8e7ac2d691_z.jpg

@capriamoon: Gabrielle from Cleveland at Epcot Guest Relations just helped my friend and I with more things than I can even count. Truly a rockstar who went above and beyond to make sure we got the most of our rare time together! #CastCompliment 💕 @WDWToday

She really went above and beyond! I love Cast Compliments by the way... I post as many of them as I can. It's always important to acknowledge great service!
While Gabrielle was helping Jess, I was quite obviously acting like a child, but what else is new. Hula Timon was extremely excited because out of all the places in the world a warthog may be roaming, Pumbaa was at Epcot's Guest Relations!

50046775103_62d9b3b01d_z.jpg

I think the fact that this Pumbaa toy seemed like it had been around the block a few times just made the whole situation of a random Pumbaa appearing even funnier.

50113410163_fd2ae875eb_z.jpg

The two BFFs posed for a photo together in front of the brochures.

50113410328_362b39bffc_z.jpg

As usual, they had Guidemaps for all four parks + other areas sitting on the counter, but Timon felt like due to the fact that he is an animal, Animal Kingdom should get more exposure, so he placed all the DAK brochures on top and posed for another photo. (AKA: I embarrassed Jess in front of the other Cast Members)

50114210217_05764a3c2e_z.jpg

I checked my phone for a moment and suddenly the two of them were no longer on the counter! Having a hula-lovin' pet meerkat is like having a child. You look away from one moment and...

50113410088_f6a940784b_z.jpg

Sigh.

Right about then Jess finished up with the lovely Gabrielle of Cleveland, and off we went out into the sunshine for our next adventure.

We traveled to the beautiful and luscious Land, where we took in the delicious Land Smell together and just twirled and basked in it!

We had Fastpasses for Soarin', which was an extremely big deal not only because it is a fantastic ride, but because I had never seen the updated version!

Jess ran into one of her fellow VIP Tour Guides on the FP line and we started talking to the VIP guests, a man and his son who was very adorably holding a Woody toy. I love seeing the Toy Story toys out in the wild!

I have to say, the Soarin' update is incredible. I actually cried because the world is just so beautiful. I know that sounds cheesy, and right now there is so much turmoil going on that it's hard for me to even say that... but the world itself, like, literally THE EARTH, is just so gorgeous and this ride really reminds you of that. And I want to see it all! The music, the visuals, the smells... I could go on Soarin' a million times and not get sick of it. I felt like this ride was worth the hype before, but now, run do not walk to SOARIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We tried to go to Nemo next and for some reason it was really busy, like the line was out the door. I was confused... I've literally never seen that before! This was certainly not the last time I was stunned by crowd levels. The difference in crowds between 2010-2015 and 2019-2020 (pre-covid) was massive. It was almost like I had to start a whole new playbook for my trips! Just when ya think you know everything.... you don't.

Instead, we headed over to Imagination to visit my scientist crushes, which had almost no line as always. Thank you, Old Faithful!!!!!!!

50114210402_9838f51fb6_z.jpg

We looked around in Mouse Gear for the castle sweatpants I wanted because Coronado only had size large, and I needed a small. Unfortunately, they didn't have them so I would have to keep searching.

By this time, we were feeling a little emptiness in our stomachs so we headed to World Showcase for some Flower and Gardening!!!!!!!!!! I literally could not wait. Oh how I missed the days of hopping from booth to booth, country to country, trying so many different and delicious foods.

I actually went back to the Disney Food Blog post so I could get all the details on what we ate and this TR could be half decent and now I am starving to death. Here we go!

The Honey Bee-stro booth was such a hit. We actually ordered three items from it!

50113410533_60efbdd70a_z.jpg

Jess got the Toasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Purée, Wild Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, Honey-blistered Grapes, Sunflower Brittle and Coriander Flowers (GF) (V) — $4.50

and

I got the Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with White Cheddar Cheese, Charred Vegetables, Clover Honey Sour Cream and Micro Citrus Greens — $5.50

I didn't try the cauliflower because I think it's the only food I'm allergic to. Since the rise of cauliflower rice, pizza crust, etc I've tried it and always get a horrible stomach ache. However, I did appreciate that this was actually just cauliflower and not cauliflower masquerading as something else 😂

I LOVED the flatbread. Indian food is a favorite of mine and I actually love when there are fusion restaurants, of which I've actually been to a lot of! There's one in Atlanta called Masti I highly recommend and also one in the Plaza Hotel called Takumi Taco which says "Japanese inspired mexican food" but actually had some Indian inspired tacos too! Just something to consider when visiting these cities.

For dessert we shared:

50113410368_c535624ee1_z.jpg

Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots (V) (KA) — $5.00

This was delicious and honestly... so creative. All of it was. From time to time in life I've noticed I'll be eating somewhere and they'll have something on the more rare (as in uncommon) side, and i'll say "I had this in Disney World" and the person I'm with will kind of scoff as if to say, I didn't have the REAL thing because I couldn't possibly have had anything beyond a hot dog and ice cream bar at the parks. This was wrong 10 years ago, but is even more incorrect today. Now, I love a visit to Casey's & Mickey Premium Bar as much as the next girl (and the next girl is usually Jess, which means I REALLY REALLY love those things!), but "Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots"? I am often dining in the greatest city in the world filled with thousands of restaurants fiercely competing for patrons with innovative chefs from every country on Earth, and I can't imagine where I ever would have gotten to try FENNEL POLLEN MERINGUE KISSES AND PETITE LAVENDER SHOOTS. Like, what? I love these festivals!!!!!!!

50113410408_ef16bd8c49_z.jpg

(These food pictures are not in order so if for some reason you have an extensive memory of the 2019 F&G Festival booth locations and this confuses you, I am sorry.)

At the La Aqua Fresca booth, we shared:

50114210297_652b8510e3_z.jpg

Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro — $6.00

I was confused about this because the photo on the DFB post is different from mine, but there are also a couple other changes in things we ordered... I wonder if they revamp things day by day depending on what ingredients are readily available, etc, because I know some people got this with white rice. Either way, it was SO GOOD. I'm really happy we got to experience it before Flower & Garden got cut way short this year. Hopefully it can happen in 2020.

Florida Fresh had a non-alcoholic slush I absolutely had to try...

50114210357_6c5be0b714_z.jpg

Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (non-alcoholic) – $4.25

I love watermelon so I knew this was exactly the thing for me, and it did not disappoint! Sure, it's no Violent Lemonade, but then again nothing is. Also, I noticed in the DFB picture it looked a lot lighter pink and they didn't put watermelon cubes on top. I wonder if at the beginning of the festival they just didn't have their life together yet or what? Mine definitely seemed improved!

Since it's Jess & I, of course we had to share another dessert!

50114210442_d06230c769_z.jpg

Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue – $4.50

I love Key Lime Pie so I was excited to try this version. It was definitely good, although it was also really different from the one DFB got in early March. Did anyone have this when it was shaped like a rectangle and had a butterfly candy thingy on top of it?! I need answers!!!

In Germany at Bauernmarkt (aka: Farmer's Market) we got:

50113979071_a8241a00bd_z.jpg

Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese- $5.25

Pretzel Bread is the #1 thing at the Grocery Store that I CANNOT BUY. The reason is that I always buy a 4 pack and I always eat them all within a day. I LOVE PRETZEL BREAD! Also... the best burger places have pretzel buns on their burgers. This will significantly raise my level of respect and make me travel out of my way to enjoy your delicious buns. And no, I'm not talking about Flynn Rider, I'm talking about actual hamburger pretzel buns so get your mind out of the gutter!!!

THAT SAID, this wasn't my fave but still pretty good. I really love Gruyere and it just made me want to go into Les Chefs and demolish several plates of their mac & cheese.

I also saw these pins which were the best.

50113979256_eebcedffb5_z.jpg

They even had the LEANING TOWER OF CHEEZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! @Gina.

I still maintain A Goofy Movie is way underrated and there should be a museum and several rides/attractions dedicated to it. Does anyone else follow the voice actor who plays Max on Instagram? Yes, I'm talking about the iconic Jason Marsden who also played Kovu (the hot lion I mentioned earlier in the report) and many many other characters!! His live action career includes roles on Step By Step, Full House (NELSON FOREVER), Boy Meets World... basically your WHOLE childhood was jam-packed with this talented dude. ANYWAY, I bring this up because if you love Disney you should follow him. He completely embraces his 90's icon status and does a lot of appearances at Disney events, cons, etc... including with Bill Farmer AKA Goofy! It's really fun to follow him cause he is always posting fun fan art he gets sent and so on. He also just seems like a really sincere and nice person? Like, when he posts about serious issues and stuff that are happening he just seems like he "gets it"... I'm going to stop now, it's been a long quarantine and Jason if you see this I am single.

ANYWAY................................................... (I really give new meaning to the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" don't I)

In Italy, we got this at Primavera Kitchen:

50113979021_ac8d027ed1_z.jpg

Tri-Colored Cheese Tortellini, Sage Butter and Chicken Veloute (KA) – $9.00

Now, it isn't lost on me that you can get an entire meal at many many places for $9, and even with Jess's discount I was like damn. BUT... being that in Disney I expect to shed more money in a day than I do in weeks at home and considering that THIS WAS SO DELICIOUS... I have to recommend it. I hope they have it again next year. Sage butter is just.. chef's kiss.

Sidenote: I hope the people who work on these festivals understand how much I appreciate that when they have pasta like this, they still manage to make it a bit al dente. I am queen of al dente -- I would rather eat uncooked pasta than soggy pasta. It proves that they are actually making this stuff fresh and it wasn't just defrosted or something like that.

Sometime during our eating marathon, I FINALLY got to experience Frozen Ever After.

Now... if you don't already know, Frozen is a huge part of my life. I have played our Anna and Elsa inspired characters hundreds of times, so I feel closer to them and their story than most people because I am constantly acting it out. Many children across the tri-state area know me only as Elsa (and sometimes Anna), and she is so popular that at this point I don't even have to "act" as Elsa, it's like putting on my shoes or something, I don't have to remember how to walk in them. I may love other Disney characters & stories more, but in some weird way, I *am* Elsa.

That said, I did not... at all... in any way... expect to cry immediately upon entering the building, but I did.

I burst into tears.

50192940683_216da4c17d_z.jpg

That just made me lose it. I know a lot of people have criticisms about Frozen, but the love between these two sisters is so beautiful and pure. The way they would do anything for each other always puts tears in my eyes. If I ever had a problem crying for an acting scene, all I have to think about for approximately 10 seconds is the love between Elsa and Anna. I adore romance and I'm all for Cinderella finding Prince Charming - seriously, I love that kinda stuff. However, the fact that there is a Disney Princess movie where familial love is the centerpiece is very important. Because I've played Elsa so much, I've thought in depth about how much the sisters suffered being apart for so long and how horrible and confusing it must have been for both of them. The fact that they can be together now whenever they want does my heart so much good!

On the FP+ line for this ride, there were two young girls behind us who were staring for most of the walk up to the boats. I assumed it was because I was a crying mess, but when I made eye contact with one of them, she said "You guys are both really pretty." :love:

What a random and lovely thing to say! That definitely made our day.

It was cool to see how they had transformed Maelstrom into Arendelle! If you remember my old reports, you know how Jess & I were extremely big fans of Maelstrom (the Scandinavian area's hottest club!) and would often fight off the ginormous crowds rushing there straight from rope drop to get a coveted spot in line. It's always sad when a piece of "old Epcot" is taken away -- but of course, it made complete sense to capitalize on and celebrate Frozen in the Norway pavilion. I actually think this pavilion is really well done because of the pretty balanced combination of princess stuff and Actual Norwegian Stuff. My favorite thing about Frozen being in World Showcase, though, is that more children will be brought there in general! I actually didn't even know about World Showcase during my first couple Disney trips because there's only so much you can do at once and of course my mom was making sure I got a chance to meet Mickey, ride Dumbo, and so on.

The ride itself I loved! It was worth the wait. Obviously, the new audio animatronics are breathtaking. I think the way you see Olaf and Sven here is probably the closest thing to actually seeing animated characters in real life. Like, if you could LITERALLY SEE the animated version of Olaf in front of you, he would look exactly like that. Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff look amazing too, but because they're people and people don't actually look like that, there's a fakeness or computeryness to them that doesn't have exactly as intense an effect for me, but Olaf & Sven are really just genius.

I have performed Let it Go hundreds of times and I still get chills now and then, so I really enjoyed that too. YES ELSA. BE YOU!!! LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

Turning that part into the Let it Go moment after being the legendary "BACK BACK over the falls" scene was a good move because they needed to do something epic to use that backwards drop properly!

I also LOVE that Anna & Elsa wear their Frozen Fever dresses at the end! We offer Frozen Fever-inspired costumes and they rarely get booked so when we get to wear them it is such a treat cause they are absolutely beautiful.

I wonder if they will refurb anything from Frozen 2 into this ride. I know they have no money now, but I could see them replacing the Frozen Fever part with a Frozen 2 scene, or maybe the part with Marshmallow which is cool (pause for laughter) but not totally necessary. I would LOVE if they somehow included Show Yourself because whew, boy. That gets me every time, um, even more than everything else I just described.

50114210072_1ef70123d6_z.jpg

We had such a great day at Epcot, but we were both so tired and wanted some hanging out at the resort time with Stace before heading out for our epic dinner reservation that I was SO SO excited for!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It seems so ironic that cast members seem to always be the ones having to go to GR. I rarely ever remember having to go to them before I became a CM. My most recent program, my first week after Traditions I made like daily visits it was wild. So strange, but yeah those self-admission passes can sometimes be a struggle.

The Honey-mascarpone cheesecake was one of the only dishes I got to try at this year's F&G and yeah it was GOOD. It was definitely set up a bit different with a smaller portion and less flair, but still really good. Thinking about it makes me wish I had set aside more time for F&G instead of Mardi Gras at Universal (then again... yeah, I needed all the time possible at Mardi Gras lol)

Omg that Goofy Movie pin set is everything. Reminds me of the time I no-strings'd a Powerline pin for this kid who just graduated high school. Miss being able to do that.

I love your love for Frozen. I can't say I feel the same way since the first film just got way too overhyped. I LOOOOVEEE the second and Show Yourself is THAT SONG. Ugh. Also, I never thought of having Frozen in World Showcase as their way of getting kids out there. Hmmm... still miss Maelstrom. What a party she was.

P.S. You might want to check your date because the parks were closed on March 25, 2020...

It seems so ironic that cast members seem to always be the ones having to go to GR. I rarely ever remember having to go to them before I became a CM. My most recent program, my first week after Traditions I made like daily visits it was wild. So strange, but yeah those self-admission passes can sometimes be a struggle.

The Honey-mascarpone cheesecake was one of the only dishes I got to try at this year's F&G and yeah it was GOOD. It was definitely set up a bit different with a smaller portion and less flair, but still really good. Thinking about it makes me wish I had set aside more time for F&G instead of Mardi Gras at Universal (then again... yeah, I needed all the time possible at Mardi Gras lol)

Omg that Goofy Movie pin set is everything. Reminds me of the time I no-strings'd a Powerline pin for this kid who just graduated high school. Miss being able to do that.

I love your love for Frozen. I can't say I feel the same way since the first film just got way too overhyped. I LOOOOVEEE the second and Show Yourself is THAT SONG. Ugh. Also, I never thought of having Frozen in World Showcase as their way of getting kids out there. Hmmm... still miss Maelstrom. What a party she was.

P.S. You might want to check your date because the parks were closed on March 25, 2020...

OMG thank you for pointing out the date thing hahaha.

It's also really a funny point about CMs always being at GR. We were there almost every day on this trip.

I'm glad you got to try it before quarantine! I'm curious about this Food & Wine-ish thing they have going on, but I can't see visiting this year so I haven't even looked at the menus cause I will just get hungry and frustrated.

Ahhhhh it must be so fun to give out the no strings! Every time I ever had one, it always made my day. Sometimes I feel like I've had a lot of CM-like experiences minus all the actual, you know, work because of Jess, but that's something I definitely wish I could have experienced is making those magic moments for people.

I agree it was overhyped. I don't think I would love it as much if I didn't walk in their shoes so many times! Disney has many better movies, to me Tangled is so phenomenal it like shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Frozen, but I'll probably defend Frozen's merits until my dying day.

March 25, 2019
Day 2, Part 4 In Which Snow White Screams

Wow, another update ALREADY! I'm pleased with myself. It's 2am, I need to be up at 8 for a Sleeping Beauty appearance, and the paralyzing world around us all just will not let me sleep so LET'S DO IT.

Ahhhhh....... I miss this view!

50201610657_327b594688_z.jpg

Jess & I headed out of Epcot through the International Gateway as she had parked at Boardwalk. It's always my preferred way to leave, it just makes me happy.

50114210422_197f9d365f_z.jpg

We headed back to Coronado, where Jess finally saw our unbelievably rad upgraded room! She's not always easily impressed with Disney stuff at this point, but even she was like WHOA.

So what did we do with all that space and those fabulous amenities?

We got into bed, plugged in our phones, and turned on Stacey.

So yeah, the same thing we would do in any other room. Jess and I are fantastic and relaxing and napping, as well as we do the No Sleeping In Disney thing... we also succeed admirably at resting.

Many of you guys probably already know this from following Jess as she has been public about it. A few months after this trip, she was diagnosed with some pretty serious health issues, many of which had been showing symptoms as far back as 2016. Thank God, it isn't life threatening and she will get through it (I believe full details are on her Instagram if you are interested), but she's had to pause her life in many ways and it's been heartbreaking. However, it's also inspiring to see her handle it beautifully, fight hard and improve each time I've seen her since. From an outsider's perspective, you probably see her looking great and super happy in her posts, but trust me she has been through more than I can explain and a photo is just a split second... you don't see the time, energy, effort, support, and hours of rest that sometimes have to precede an outing. I share that only to put focus on what a trooper she has been and as a reminder that the online world is truly just a highlight reel. You never know what someone is facing off camera.

The bright side of all this is that we saw each other more between March 2019 and February 2020 than we ever did in a year span before, so we had many fun adventures even in the midst of her illness. Sure, some of those adventures involved us simply lounging, but we lounged fabulously. Maybe i'll even post some pictures from our various visits over the year! It also made me look closer & re-examine my own health, diet, and mindset which I'll always be thankful for. There is always a bright side.

At the time of this report in March 2019, she was just a few months away from going on medical leave to stay with her parents for awhile and heal. Over this year, there were many times when she would just suddenly have to stop and sit down, or we'd go back to the room/opt for a less intense activity than park hopping, so I just wanted to explain that now. In March, this whole thing was still kind of a mystery, so we didn't really know why she was so tired or had less desire to do things, but honestly, knowing how ill she really ended up being, it's impressive she was even able to accomplish the stuff we did do on top of working her demanding job (VIP Tours). I really admire her desire to push through and keep that adventurous spirit of hers alive!

So yes... a common theme of the next year would be resting. And that's okay! Everything happens for a reason and if you take anything from this, remember that when your body is telling you to stop, you shouldn't argue with it. So we laid in bed until we absolutely had to get ready. Classic Lia and Jess. Less? Jia? Classic Jia? I'll run that one by her.

We finally rose from the dead and drove over to one of my favorite places in the World and the world, DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still never stayed there. You'll see over this report I stay in some absolutely stunning rooms & resorts, but Wilderness Lodge is a serious goal of mine. I just cannot wait to finally experience that!

Storybook Dining at Artist Point was another experience that I knew I was going to have to have for myself as soon as I started seeing posts about it when it debuted. I've been to Artist Point with both Jess & Lee-Anne, having an incredible meal every time. It's definitely one of my favorite dining experiences pre-Storybook Dining, so I figured adding Snow White to the mix would just make it even lovelier for me since I kinda have a thing for princesses! Jess had done it once before and could not stop talking about how incredible her food had been (the menu is completely changed from what it was pre-characters), so I was super excited to hear that the addition of characters didn't lower the food quality at all like some had feared.

We had to wait kind of a long time... I remember sitting outside the restaurant for a spell, but that was 494940909% okay because we were in the Wilderness Lodge.

Immediately upon being called and walking into the restaurant, I was completely bewitched by the whole experience. It was Artist Point, just more magical with pretty blue twinkle lights and accents that made it seem more like the clearing of a forest.

This picture is from The DIS' menu page on wdwinfo.com but I really wanted to share the foresty atmosphere!

DSC_2780.jpg

They also had a spooky backdrop for the Evil Queen, who took photos over there rather than coming up to the tables like Snow White, Grumpy, and Dopey did. I thought that distinction was wise; in order to keep the story and show authentic, Snow has to be separate from her somehow. In addition, she is the Queen and not exactly friendly, she would not be coming to you. You can come to her.

These details in the Disney experience have helped me be good at what I do. I always think of and consider these things when planning our events and appearances. For instance, our princesses never show up alone unless there's been a last minute emergency. We have Royal Assistants to help them get ready, drive them, and help with setting and cleaning up activities. A princess wouldn't drive herself to a party, nor would she be bending down, cleaning up and pausing to set up the next thing. It may seem silly, but these little details make everything seem real to the children who have watched these movies a thousand times and contribute to an overall prestige experience that I'm super proud of. I honestly don't think I'd be anywhere near as astute at it if I hadn't visited the parks so many times.

We were escorted to our table, which was set up with lovely deep red napkins and serving trays that looked like leaves.

50102004051_2dc9e5a09a_z.jpg

The menus were in leather bound books...

50102228687_11c0d98859_z.jpg

...and featured a lovely opening page that set the scene!

50102228672_46a6f73c3c_z.jpg

I simply live for this stuff. As a theatre major, trust me; story, staging, and drama goes a loooong way. I was enchanted!

I'm just going to share the entire menu because they did a phenomenal job, again with many thanks to The DIS.

First, we have the Shared Appetizers for the Table:
Winter Squash Bisque (Caramel Loli, Granola)
Wicked Shrimp Cocktail (Soy, Miso, Avocado, Thai Chili, Greens)
Hunter’s Pie (Chicken, Black Truffle, Stone Fruit Preserve)
From the Garden (Fruit, Vegetables, Cheese, and Create-Your- Own Honey Butter)

I love anything out of the ordinary and princess/fairytale themed, I also am a gigantic fan of food, so I was brimming with joy this entire meal.

The appetizers were just so creative - I was so thrilled when they were delivered. Also, the whole "shared appetizers/desserts" thing was nice for a change. Not having to make a decision feels like a vacation on its own!

50201067067_bd338d1831_z.jpg

I didn't have the shrimp, but the soup was absolutely delicious and the little pies were my favorite!

50200800411_9930670f26_z.jpg

Brimming with flavor but also... cuteness.

Next, it was time to choose an entree! I'm actually happy I don't eat seafood, because that helped narrow it down. Everything sounded SO good!

Entrées
'Cottage' Beef Stew (Tender Beef, Preserved Vegetables, Spaetzle, Mushrooms, Aged Cow's Milk Cheese)
A Stroll through Nature (Butternut Squash, Arugula, Gnocchi, Sage, Parmesan); Magic Mirror Slow- Braised Veal Shank (Celery Root Mashed, Wilted Winter Greens, Jus);
Sorceress Spell of Land and Sea (Charred Barbecue Pork, Clams, Daikon Noodles, Spring Onion Chimichurri);
Royal Prime Rib Roast (Horseradish- Mashed Potato, Carrots, Popover, Jus);
Brother's Grimm Roasted Chicken (Herb-crusted Potatoes, Fire-roasted Petite Squash, Golden Raisins, Snap Peas);
Bashful's Butter-poached Kingklip (Farro, Fava Beans, English Peas, Gremolata)

Jess chose the gnocchi aka A Stroll Through Nature, which she had gotten during her first visit and had been craving ever since!

50101996946_674e34768c_z.jpg

I tasted it and.... wow. There aren't a lot of vegetarian options on this menu, but trust me, you're all set with this. Look no further!

I went with the Royal Prime Rib Roast.

50201067062_a504266d19_z.jpg

I mean... sigh. Look, this was steak at Artist Point. You really aren't going to go wrong. Anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about. I... need to not write this report when it's late and I've promised myself I won't snack. Now, it feels like a snack would not at all satisfy me, I need a filet with herb butter.

I love all kinds of cuisine, but my favorite thing to get when out at a nice restaurant is steak, some kind of potato, and a vegetable. The various ways different restaurants like to dress this up always interest me, and I was not disappointed at all. I also quite enjoyed the popover, which I'm not even sure I've had before.

Desserts at Signature Restaurants are almost more exciting to me than the entrees... I can not tell you how much I LOVE a fancy dessert. Sometimes I'll even go to a really nice bakery and get some elaborate concoction for myself for absolutely no reason. Ya gotta live, you know?

Shared Desserts for the Table
Miner’s Treasures (Sponge Cake, Chocolate Gems, and Buttercream Icing)
Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie (Meringue, Gooseberry)
“Poison” Apple (White Chocolate-Apple Mousse, Sour Center)
The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen (Crackled Maple Popcorn, Ganache Heart)
Just reading that is making me deeply envious of my former self. The ONLY thing better than real gems are chocolate gems. I also thought the addition of "The Hunter's Gift to the Queen" was just really a nice touch.

50200256878_eda34fa326_z.jpg

50201067032_846759fbb2_z.jpg

Apples are definitely better when glitter and mousse is involved.

50200800286_c1a80ce52d_z.jpg

50200256873_1aa911133f_z.jpg

I struggle with picking a favorite. IT WAS ALL DIVINE!!!! And so full of thought and care. Even if characters were not present, I'd really appreciate more themed meals like this. Be Our Guest is a good example, but this was a step above even that. I'd love to see how they'd do a Tangled theme, for instance.

In a previous update I mentioned how the menu at Trattoria al Forno where you dine with Rapunzel, Eugene, Ariel, and Eric wasn't very themed to their stories at all and I wish they'd gotten more creative. The Storybook Dining menu is exactly what I was talking about. I know from playing all these characters that their stories are so rich with details that can be used when bringing them to life, and that is extremely evident in the new Artist Point menu.

Now onto the characters!

Once again, this was a step above. It was less like your usual Disney character meal, and more like a live theatrical performance. I am including a video of cut together Instagram Story videos I took so you can experience it through my eyes!

The clips include:

1. Just a quick Boomerang so you can see the lighting and vibe better

2. THE EVIL QUEEN'S ENTRANCE! Okay... this was my favorite thing. The Queen wasn't consistently out. She would only appear at certain times, take some photos, and then go back to her lair. You can see in the clip the announcement of her presence followed by Snow White shrieking in fright and running away. I thought that was genius, quite frankly. It may be an overestimation, but I just love that they showed that Snow White would be scared of her. I always tell our performers to treat the situation and character as if it is 100% real. I don't like when the villains and princesses are just together for no reason, I'm a stickler for story so it just really worked for me that she would run away cause yeah this lady tried to kill her. Like, excuse me? How dare she. I could see them maybe not doing that in order to not scare children, so I love that they took the risk and went with it.

Then you see the Queen walk in with her dramatic music, and luckily she came right over to our table before going over to her Magic Mirror backdrop so it's a great shot. After she leaves our immediate area, you see Grumpy get extra Grumpy, shooing her away and tapping his foot. You can also hear my comments, but I am extra, what else is new.

3. This last clip is Dopey wanting to sit with us! I feel like characters sitting at our table happens pretty often and it's always so fun! Snow White follows him, so you can see how adorable she is and their interaction further demonstrates how the whole thing was more like a show than a character meal. I absolutely LOVED it.

Here's the video!

One thing I didn't take a video of but really sticks in my memory is the way that they continued the whole Snow White being scared of the Queen bit. Our table was next to picture windows that also had a door to the outside, so Snow kept coming back over to us and making comments, especially if the Evil Queen happened to get near to her in any way. The Queen would walk around the room intimidatingly at times, leering at Snow who was always aware of that, completely avoiding her. At one point, she even LEFT, hahaha. It was so great - I don't mean she left to go backstage, she used the door next to us to HIDE OUTSIDE while the Queen passed by, then peaked her head out and said, "Is she gone?" and we were like "Hold on, hold on..... okay, yes! She's gone!" It was so funny to be eating and Snow White is just... outside behind you. I love that they even took the time to fully play these things out with a packed restaurant. It's hard to even express, truly, how fun it was. I mean, we were totally into it, I can't even imagine the levels to which a child would be completely fascinated by the whole thing.

50102278962_e7e8a3fb8f_z.jpg

In Jess's photo with Dopey, he definitely looks like he is giving the middle finger.

50101996951_f3d819f445_z.jpg

In his photo with me, he is just..... holding his ear.

50101471303_25df2dc8a2_z.jpg

It must be so fun to be friends with Dopey because you can just do these things and it makes sense because he is a very dopey cute little dope. It wouldn't make sense if you like, read a book or did something else non-dopey people do, but basically anything else you wanna do? You're good.

Also... note how happy I look in these photos, like, I think I am even happier in my 20's at Disney than in my childhood. LOL.

50102055351_67ffcaa1cf_z.jpg

I love Grumpy. It would be great to have a name like that... no one would ever expect you to be pleasant!

50101471293_5c50b728bc_z.jpg

I was a little too happy for Grumpy, so I toned it down and got more in the spirit.

50102055331_5715f09b8f_z.jpg

On the way out, we took my FAVE picture. Of course, you know me, loving all things spooky!

50101672798_187a3e1809_z.jpg

I told the Queen how simply gorgeous she looked and that the Magic Mirror was def wrong about her... she said "I know." Similar to literally everything else involved in this experience, it was the best.

Again, the difference from Trattoria al Forno and other character meals was clear when it came to not just the food, but the character interactions. Each character acted exactly how we remember from the film and did what you would think they would do in every given scenario. Snow and the Queen put on such an incredible show and brought the story to life in a way that you truly can only get at Disney Parks, where you are a part of it rather than just watching it be performed on a stage. Grumpy and Dopey's friends deserve an immense amount of credit as well for contributing to the story by having such talent in the way they used their movements to demonstrate things I never even would have thought of. Because I have only done face characters, I am constantly astonished by what these performers are able to accomplish without words and facial expressions. It truly is an art form that I wish was more respected. Across the board, it was just top notch entertainment, and this is coming from someone who isn't the easiest audience. I can be critical, but I'm more than happy to lay the compliments on thick when they do it right and they truly did at Artist Point. I really think everyone involved with this should be proud and I would love to return in the future!

Jess & I wandered around the beautiful Lodge for a bit until we came to an extremely important realization: the gift shop was still open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone needs some mercantile, you know what I'm saying?

I was actually looking for some sunglasses for Gina. She loves this particular pair of sunglasses Disney has been making for years, and I think she's been through a couple pairs. I knew she was needing a new one, so I was so happy they had the ones I was looking for!

50048865062_224935c745_z.jpg

Hunting for Disney merchandise is so satisfying, at least, it is when you find what you were looking for! Jess even had those sunglasses at one point... they're a hot item.

It was another dreamy Disney day, with so many firsts! In one of my old reports, I used to post every "first" from that day. This day included:

1. First time at Trattoria Al Forno
2. First time meeting Elena and Prince Eric
3. First Disney Wall photoshoot
4. First time experiencing the updated Soarin'
5. First time riding Frozen Ever After
6. First time eating Lavender Shoots, whatever that is
7. First time at Storybook Dining
8. First time meeting Grumpy, Dopey, and the Evil Queen
9. First time buying sunglasses for Gina at Wilderness Lodge

Am I forgetting something? Probably! But it's time for bed. After the exciting sunglasses purchase, that's exactly what Jess & I, Jia, did as well. It was time for more phone and body charging in that luxurious bed with Stacey's calming yet excitable voice lulling us to sleep. TIME to do the MUST DOS!

UP NEXT: GINA ARRIVES and we have one of my favorite meals ever!

I can't even imagine doing the "No Sleeping In Disney" thing nowadays. I tried it once on my first trip to DLR and it nearly ruined my whole trip. Way too cranky, I have to take things leisurely. Jess really was a trooper to try and pull that off at this time. Poor thing really was dealing with so much. I'm so glad she finally figured out what was going on and seems to be recovering well. If only I had run into her that one time she was VIPing on Batuu before she took her hiatus.

I'm hearing so many good things about the Artist Pointe Storybook Dining. It looks and sounds magnificent. I love when character dining is that well thought out AND has good food. The level of storytelling and character interactions just seem to be on par with Disneyland, maybe not entirely there since I always feel WDW's Evil Queens are not nearly as fun with their character, but Dopey trying to sit in the booster chair is the cutest thing ever. I'm glad you had such a good time, makes me wish I had pushed to go there at some point. Also, I love how done Jess looks in the photo with the Evil Queen lmao

Wow, so many firsts in one day. You really know how to get things done. Looking forward to hearing about more of your firsts! :teeth:

I am loving your TR so far! You have a great writing style and I love your enthusiasm! My daughter is a theatre major and currently living in NYC. The struggle is real but she has always made the best out of what opportunities have come along! I am looking forward to reading about your next adventures! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter