The trip that was never meant to be... Jan 26-Feb 2, 2019 PTR

Hallieb21

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

My name is Hallie. I have been traveling to Disney for as long as I can remember but the Disney obsession really took hold when I took my oldest boys back in 2009. This was our first time staying on Disney property (Caribbean Beach, pirate room). The magic that you get does not compare to many other things in life. We have taken so many amazing trips since! We have stayed all over property. Port Orleans Riverside 2012, Port Orleans Riverside (Royal room) 2015, All Star Music 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House 2018. The only time we stayed off property was in 2014 when we rented a house for a large group of 12 of us and let me just say, we will never stay off property again!

Let me get back to the real reason we are here...our next trip!! I will give you a little back story on the title of this PTR. I got remarried almost 2 years ago and my husband is a growing Disney fan. He took his first ever Disney trip with us this past January and loved it! But, he was not convinced that we should be taking a Disney trip every year so, I reluctantly agreed on every other year. Our next vacation should have been our off year so, planning began for something new. We planned a whole trip to Gatlinburg, TN and even put a deposit down on a beautiful cabin in the mountains. Fast forward a few months and the Disney draw took hold of my husband and he decided we were cancelling our trip to Gatlinburg and heading back to the most magical place on earth!!! And so the trip that was never meant to be started to take shape!

27355631_10155398246243657_307787347067568051_o (1).jpg

I will start things off with the introductions:

27173915_10155397614223657_2302555033735628586_o.jpg

Me (Hallie): I am 33 years old and I am the financial coordinator for an Oral Surgery office. I am the Disney fanatic in our household and I absolutely love planning our trips!

DH (Don): Don is 30 years old and a maintenance manager. His love for Disney is getting stronger the longer he is with me!

Favorite Park:EPCOT (Her) Hollywood Studios (Him)
Favorite Character: Carl and Ellie (Her) Oswald (Him
Favorite Ride: Flight of Passage (Both)
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana (Her) Rose and Crown (Him)

26024191_10155283685523657_6845283577333924732_o.jpg

DS (Colten, 14): Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana

27173455_10155384271463657_2527098618624231252_o.jpg

DS (Jacob, 11): Favorite Park: EPCOT
Favorite Character: Stitch
Favorite Ride: Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana

27503156_10155384462003657_1900244970077941693_o.jpg

DS (Jackson, 9 months): Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Ride: Winnie the Pooh
Favorite Restaurant: Anywhere he can have a taste of something new!

YAY! I do hope to go to TN one day, but for now, we will be headed to Disney until the youngest is old enough to appreciate some historical trips.

Can't wait to hear your plans! We just booked Jan 10-19 :D

Your youngest boy is so cute, he looks like a little doll baby!

Can't wait to hear your plans! We just booked Jan 10-19 :D

Your youngest boy is so cute, he looks like a little doll baby!
Thank you! He really is the sweetest! January is the best time to go to Disney!!! Where are you staying?

Our home for the week:

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Villas

20180127_203233.jpg

We will be staying in a standard view studio villa from January 26, 2019 - February 2, 2019
We are down to 209 days and everyone is getting super excited!!! I just booked our flights today so it definitely seems a little more real! :mickeyjum

Our plans as of now...

We plan to use the dining plan and hope to make reservations at the following restaurants;

Rose and Crown for dinner
The Edison for dinner
'Ohana for breakfast
'Ohana for dinner
Le Cellier for dinner
Yak and Yetti for dinner

We will be purchasing 5 day park hoppers and as of right now, we have pretty high hopes for some of our FastPasses! We plan to do 2 days at Animal Kingdom and 1 day at each of the other parks. My FastPass wish list for now is;

Flight of passage
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
7 Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
The Land
Slinky Dog Dash
Rock n Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

We will definitely be taking advantage of Extra Magic Hours and park opening to try and ride everything else!

That's where we are at for now! I'm counting down the days until I can make our ADR's :D

Awesome! Where are you guys staying?

We are doing our first night at Art of Animation and then moving over to AKL too! We'll be in a 1-bedroom while my cousin's family will be in a standard room. We are so pumped! ADR date is quickly approaching at 30 days!

We are doing our first night at Art of Animation and then moving over to AKL too! We'll be in a 1-bedroom while my cousin's family will be in a standard room. We are so pumped! ADR date is quickly approaching at 30 days!
Yay!!! That's exciting! We love AKL! We are counting down the days to ADR's!

Thank you! He really is the sweetest! January is the best time to go to Disney!!! Where are you staying?

We are staying 3 nights at CBR and 6 nights in a 1 bedroom boulder ridge villa at WL!

AKL looks so amazing! Def. on my bucket list of resorts I want to stay at one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!