The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Plans look good! I was wondering what the 2DC meant but then I got it! Lol. Glad things are shaping up! I have always loved 1900 Park Fair for breakfast but have never tried dinner. I'm sure it's great if it's anything like the breakfast....so I'll agree with that suggestion.

Thanks! So much has happened and some stuff has changed, but we've got the solid makings of a plan, and we booked a BB so its officially official!

and which days are we meeting???
you failed to mention this in your plans.

Turns out we may meet in the Club Lounge at the Poly! DH and I booked at AKL, but now he has concerns about being on the bus with the stroller... so Poly came up, and while it's a bit more $$ turns out DH is, and this is a direct quote, willing to pay for the convenience. Who is this guy?? We will definitely have a DIS meet!

Officially Official
Well folks I'm happy to report that we are officially booked for a September 2017 trip to WDW!!!:jumping1:

I plan to post a Mini TR of our quick visit to wish Wishes a fond fair well :sad1: but that might have to wait for Saturday as I will be working about 12 hour days tomorrow and Friday. Yay. Hurray. I am SO ready to just quit, collect my 401K and stay home with my Booboo, but that's a complicated story, that I won't bore you with.

Onto Disney stuffs! Since we only just booked on Monday our ADRs were selected over the course of 7 long, agonizing days. We got pretty lucky, except for one, the BoG dinner., which was totally unsuccessful and ended in a not so magical experience with a CM, but I'm getting ahead of myself, let's recap, shall we?

Dates
Tuesday September 5, 2017-Tuesday September 12, 2017
On Thursday or Friday my mom, Guido's parents, his sister, BiL and our nephew (4) will be joining us. Since my sis and her guy live in O-town they're coming to some stuff too (and will likely invite themselves to stay with my ma :crowded:) My mom booked a room at AKL with us from Friday-Tuesday but she's now considering coming up Thursday so she can go to Universal and see the Potter stuff; she's a HUGE fan. SiL and co. are renting a house off property and aren't sure of much else...:sad2:

Resort/Room
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savanna View, Club Level
Aye caramba, am I excited for that one! Although it is seemingly likely to change, as DH has learned of the wonder and magic that is strolling a sleeping toddler, with a stroller full of stuff he thought we wouldn't need, onto a boat and /or monrail, for a smooth ride back to the resort. He fears the bus, as he should. So we shall see on this one. As of now we will keep AKL, but Poly and WL are still being looked into. You know I love the changes.

Dining
My favorite!

Tuesday: nada! I don't wanna do nothin' this day. Elora has never flown, and this trip will likely be her first. I'm a nervous flyer so I'm not psyched on this. Any who, we plan for some room service or QS at the resort, keeping it light.

Wednesday: MK Day! We will do dinner at CP with Pooh Bear. We plan to go kinda hard this day, since we will sleep in a bit on Thursday. We had talked about an afternoon stroll through Epcot for drinks and sights before dinner, but not sure yet. DH says if we're getting the hopper we are using it.

Thursday: hopefully, MNSSHP. I had hoped for a Boma, but the first seating is at 5 PM, so that was out pretty quickly. I nabbed a 2:30 at WCC and a 3 PM at 'Ohana. I'm on the hunt for a 2 PM 'Ohana. If it comes up we will go there, if not, I'm honestly not sure. DH wants to "really eat" before the party so we will be less likely to gorge on snacks (yeah right), but idk if I'm comfortable arriving so late to the party. Ideally we'd get to MK no later than 3:30/3:45. It's a waiting game for now.

Friday: AK Day!! My SiL, BiL, nephew (4) and in laws have asked to join us for dinner at TH on this night. I'm pretty sure they'll end up canceling but that's ok, considering I plan to change this to a RoL package as soon as I'm able. I saw the seating arrangement and that package is gonna be like Disney gold. I'm pretty sure I'll fair better getting a reservation for 3 than I will one for 8!

Saturday: we rest! I booked a 10 AM at Trattoria for the Bon Voyage breakfast. Mom, sis and Uncle Keef (Keith but DD can't say it and we love it) will join us. Then we have dinner at 7:30 at CM with Guido's family. We will celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday this night; he's 2 years and 7 days older than DD.

Sunday: Guido wants to do another AK morning, but we are all (yes all 11 of us) meeting for dinner at Akershus. This is Elora's special birthday dinner. I'm thinking I may do an in room surprise for her to find before we go to Epcot that evening...

Monday: MK, possibly Epcot in the AM. This is where I lost the BoG ressie. I had two reservations for 6 people, one at 5:45 and one at 6:10 (through DHs account). Through some glitch Stitch ate the page and I lost the ressie under DH! So I wait and call at 7, reservations are down. Call at 8, same. 9, nope. Ugh! 10 AM reservations are up but nothing is available. I explain what happened to the less than understanding CM and she replies "that's too bad. Is there anything else I can help you with today?" No, no there is not. You can be sure I took the survey after our call. :mad:
I booked two ressies at Skipper's Canteen, which I am quite excited for, but I have concerns about how DH and my FiL will do there. Hopefully they'll find something they like, picky babies.

Tuesday: we fly out!

As it turns out we may actually be in Miami for a wedding on September 3rd (the day after DD's birthday), but we're not sure yet. A lot is contingent on this job DH is taking. I can't share too much, but he could be away a lot, like 3 months at a time, so I don't know. It's become much more complicated than I thought it'd be.

That's enough outta me! Thanks for putting up with my crazy ranting. :thumbsup2

TTFN Friends, hope all is well in your worlds!

Looks like it is coming together pretty well, despite this:
SiL and co. are renting a house off property and aren't sure of much else...:sad2:

Makes it hard to plan, but it looks like you're doing great. Sorry about BOG.

I'm still waiting on RoL packages to open for July. They've got them open through the end of June, but still haven't opened up July yet. It's kind of making me nervous with FP+ coming up and not knowing if we can get an RoL package and really not knowing how FP+ will work in AK once everything is open!

Yeah!!!! To being Booked. It's so exciting isn't it!

If you guys do decide to move, I vote for the Poly! I love WL but the monorail is def fantastic when you have a stroller with a sleeping kid! The boats at Wilderness Lodge sometimes you can toll on and other times you will have to take DD out of the stroller. And if you are going to switch make it worth it! I mean you would be leaving a Savanah View Room! The bus is what holds us back from staying there. But now that my two are out of the stroller. I do want to try it one time. But my DH is a bus snob! :confused3

That being said, you can't go wrong with any of those 3 options!

Aye caramba, am I excited for that one! Although it is seemingly likely to change, as DH has learned of the wonder and magic that is strolling a sleeping toddler, with a stroller full of stuff he thought we wouldn't need, onto a boat and /or monrail, for a smooth ride back to the resort. He fears the bus, as he should. So we shall see on this one. As of now we will keep AKL, but Poly and WL are still being looked into. You know I love the changes.
Changes are fun and stressful all at once! :angel:

I had hoped for a Boma, but the first seating is at 5 PM, so that was out pretty quickly.
Ugh, this is the same issue I was having with where to eat before MNSSHP!

I saw the seating arrangement and that package is gonna be like Disney gold. I'm pretty sure I'll fair better getting a reservation for 3 than I will one for 8!
We will have to stalk together for when they release the packages. I want to do the same for us.

I explain what happened to the less than understanding CM and she replies "that's too bad. Is there anything else I can help you with today?" No, no there is not. You can be sure I took the survey after our call. :mad:
Boo to not helpful CM! I guess there wasn't anything he could do but still..... :confused:

Glad you are booked!!! Can't wait for all of you changes to come! ;)

Makes it hard to plan, but it looks like you're doing great. Sorry about BOG.

Yeah, she's planning for her group (4 adults and my nephew) and it's been hard to get info from her. She did ask me about tickets, so, I guess that's a good step. We shall see how things unfold. Yeah, i was bummed, but I'm actually really looking forward to Skipper's Canteen! The menu looks so interesting and different., which I enjoy.

I'm still waiting on RoL packages to open for July. They've got them open through the end of June, but still haven't opened up July yet. It's kind of making me nervous with FP+ coming up and not knowing if we can get an RoL package and really not knowing how FP+ will work in AK once everything is open!

They opened the Passes today! Are you gonna try and nab some? then maybe switch things around when dining becomes available? Either way good luck!

Yeah!!!! To being Booked. It's so exciting isn't it!

It's so funny because we had ADRs but it didn't feel really, real until I actually booked rooms!

If you guys do decide to move, I vote for the Poly! I love WL but the monorail is def fantastic when you have a stroller with a sleeping kid! The boats at Wilderness Lodge sometimes you can toll on and other times you will have to take DD out of the stroller. And if you are going to switch make it worth it! I mean you would be leaving a Savanah View Room! The bus is what holds us back from staying there. But now that my two are out of the stroller. I do want to try it one time. But my DH is a bus snob! :confused3

That being said, you can't go wrong with any of those 3 options!

Could not agree more! What DH and I agree on is that AKL will always be there, and it will likely be easier when we have kiddos who aren't in strollers. We got SUPER lucky this past trip and were a short walk from the boats at WL, and everyone we cause was a bigger one we were able to stroll on. But then there's the POLY! When we went to b-fast at 'Ohana DH was very surprised a how much he liked the hotel. I think he was imagining some tacky tiki theme. I feel like POLY will win out, but we have to move quickly; there's only garden and theme park rooms as of right now.

Ugh, this is the same issue I was having with where to eat before MNSSHP!

It's looking like it'll be WCC; 'Ohana's first seating is at 3:30 and I'm just not sure I want to get to MK so late.

We will have to stalk together for when they release the packages. I want to do the same for us.

Good luck to you!!! I hope we both nab one!

Boo to not helpful CM! I guess there wasn't anything he could do but still..... :confused:

Which I totally get! I just kinda felt like I was bugging her, which I don't like, at all.

Glad you are booked!!! Can't wait for all of you changes to come! ;)

Thanks for following along in my madness! LOL!

Well folks I'm happy to report that we are officially booked for a September 2017 trip to WDW!!!
Wahoo!

I plan to post a Mini TR of our quick visit to wish Wishes a fond fair well :sad1: but that might have to wait for Saturday
Yay!

I am SO ready to just quit, collect my 401K and stay home with my Booboo
Amen, sister. Right there with you.

We got pretty lucky, except for one, the BoG dinner., which was totally unsuccessful and ended in a not so magical experience with a CM
Bummer!

DH has learned of the wonder and magic that is strolling a sleeping toddler, with a stroller full of stuff he thought we wouldn't need, onto a boat and /or monrail, for a smooth ride back to the resort.
So were you able to just stroll onto the WL boat without folding up the stroller?? I was already planning to take the boat back and forth to MK (except for Rope drop) but this will solidify my plans even more.

but Poly and WL are still being looked into.
Sounds like a good switch, if you decide to do it. I hear WL CL is very nice.

ut we are all (yes all 11 of us) meeting for dinner at Akershus. This is Elora's special birthday dinner.
So fun for her birthday!

Tuesday: we fly out!
You sound way too chipper about this...lol.

It's become much more complicated than I thought it'd be.
Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for putting up with my crazy ranting. :thumbsup2
Well you put up with mine, so I'm just returning the favor. :p

Good to know. I'm assuming it's the bigger boats that I can leave the boys in? Is that blue or red flag?
Yes, the bigger boats, you can roll the strollers right on. They do have smaller ones that you have to fold the stroller up. And as far as I can tell, it is all luck of the draw and the time of day it is. We love taking the boat, it's a great way to start and end the day! There is one older boat that is big but you can't roll the stroller onto it. And that is the one we got the ONE time our girls decided to fall asleep in the stroller after fireworks! I had to transfer both of them one by one while DH folded up the stroller. Thankfully a nice couple behind us "kept an eye" on one DD while I grabbed the other. Like she was going to go anywhere. It all worked out in the end!

Def take the boat to MK!

So were you able to just stroll onto the WL boat without folding up the stroller?? I was already planning to take the boat back and forth to MK (except for Rope drop) but this will solidify my plans even more.
Good to know. I'm assuming it's the bigger boats that I can leave the boys in? Is that blue or red flag?

We were able to stroll on every time we took the boat. Consider we were only there one night, and we only went to MK. But it seemed to me that the bigger boats take you to the MK and have a red flag; blue flag boats seem to go to the campgrounds.

Sounds like a good switch, if you decide to do it. I hear WL CL is very nice.

It super is!! I'll post how I know later tonight!:rolleyes1

So fun for her birthday!

Right?! She loves her princesses!

You sound way too chipper about this...lol.

If I don't stay positive I may cry.:sad:

Well you put up with mine, so I'm just returning the favor. :p

Lol! You know, I kinda love watching everyone plan; inspiration for future trips!
:disrocks:

Friday: AK Day!!

this is the kids birthday and will more then likely be at AK this night to see pandora!!!

Is there anything else I can help you with today?" No, no there is not. You can be sure I took the survey after our call.

This is awful. Are you using the Signature people? maybe they can help?

I do hope you move over to Poly. we can sit in the lounge and enjoy!!

I am on my phone tonight and can't quote as well as on a computer but YAY for officially booking and ADRs!! And Club Level at AKL sounds amazing!!!!

Mini TR for a Mini-Trip!

Now that I’m home with Elora, full time, maybe I’ll be able to actually post this mini TR I’ve had written since the first of April…

Note: DH took a lot of photos on his camera, but he never uploaded them onto our external, so those photos are with him in Detroit… Maybe some day I’ll post them. LOL!

Originally the plan was to work a half day Friday and drive up then, but that didn't happen; we had a surprise visit from corporate so I worked overtime. It ended up working out great actually, I'll get there. Saturday morning at 5 AM I was up. I'd actually been awake since about 3:30, but I stayed in bed trying to get some sleep. I got up, dressed, made coffee and finished packing the car. I woke DH up at about 5:30, he isn't a morning person so he needs extra time. Once he was ready I grabbed DD, loaded her into the car and by 6:15 we were on the road!

We made our usual stop for b-fast at the Cracker Barrell about an hour outside of Orlando and we're at my sister‘s house by about 11 AM. We dropped our bags for the night and went to DS. We had a few plans for the day: exchange the pass sis gave us for a useable ticket, lunch and to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie!

We had a 1 PM reservation at T-Rex. Sis made it for DH since he'd wanted to try it. I honestly had low expectations for this meal. I'd read mixed reviews and the menu reads kinda like a Chili’s… we arrived and asked to sit anywhere but inside the ice cave. I just didn't want to endure cold, color changes every 20 minutes. Instead they sat us directly outside the ice cave… our server was super cute, but seemed very busy, so things went slower than I'd have liked, which would prove troublesome. We ordered drinks, got drinks and ordered food, then we waited.

Guido shared a few of his terrible dad jokes; he's the king of dad jokes. We waited some more.

Some Snap Chat to pass the time... LOL!

Sis took E for a walk or two around the restaurant in an attempt to distract my hangry toddler, and by the time they got back from walk #2 the food arrived. I was very pleasantly surprised with my meal. I ordered a stuffed chicken breast which was so fresh and so tasty. DD ate about half of it but was then ready to run and play! Can't say I blame her, car rides to restaurants, it's a lot of sitting! We took a stroll to Sprinkles and E ordered a cupcake from the ATM. She could not have cared less about how she got it, but she devoured that treat!

Well, she devoured the frosting, lol!

We walked over to the theatre, took a bio break, found our seats and E fell asleep! Lol! She slept for the first 90 minutes or so. When she finally woke up she was quite happy to see Belle, the Beast, and her boyfriend Gaston. After E danced in the theatre for a bit we ventured outside to this cute display they had to take a few pictures:

Super cute. She may have taken the rose, but I'll never admit it.

We hit the guest relations and got the ticket. DH drove so I could set up FP+ for the next day. Not much remained, up I was able to grab a Pooh for 9:40 AM followed by a Little Mermaid at 10:40AM. I also got a Meet Tiana and Rapunzel at 3:40 PM, not too shabby for the day before! Once we got back to my sister’s house we had a pizza dinner, showered and settled in for some rest; we had an early morning at the Magic Kingdom ahead of us.

Once again I was up at 5 AM. Being a morning person really pays off on Disney trips! I got all our things together, loaded the car and woke up Guido. While he was getting ready I got DD dressed and we said goodbye to sis and her fella. The drive over to Wilderness Lodge was SUPER easy at that early hour; we were there in under 20 minutes with no traffic. We pulled up, unloaded then DH went to go park the car while E and I got checked in.

The lobby was quiet, and practically empty! Which made its grandeur all the more appealing. We said hello to Barry, the very kind CM behind the counter. We chatted a bit, told him we were there for one special day: DD’s first time in MK and a farewell to Wishes. I figured there was no way our room was ready, and then Barry said he had some bad news… At this point my grumpy DH, who desperately needed some coffee, had joined us. He muttered a “great” under his breath.

Barry announced that the bad news was that not only was our room ready, but we'd be upgraded to a deluxe suite with Club Level access!! Holy pixie dust Batman! I about jumped over the counter to hug Barry, but held back and gave him a personalized thank you note instead. We gathered our stuff and walked around the lobby, past the Territory Lounge, and the closed Roaring Fork, all the way down the hall to the last room before the exit, room 1003.

I have some pictures later on.

Perfect doesn't begin to describe it. We went up to the lounge, grabbed a nibble for DD and some coffee for dad and me. By this time it was 7:10 or so, and we had a breakfast date with Stitch at 7:40!! We went out front and the helpful bellman hailed us a cab. He literally yelled across the parking lot “Taxi!” And one was there in seconds! About 5 minutes, and $5, later we were at the Poly!!

We went upstairs and checked, in a few minutes, early for our ‘Ohana breakfast; a first for us all! We waited maybe 5 minutes, just enough time for a photo by the window.

Soon we were meeting our cousin and enjoying the pineapple bread (that I could have eaten a ton of)!

Next thing ya know Pluto popped by for a hello! DD has become a big fan of “Ploo-hoe” as she calls him. This was her very first character meet and she did great!

We had a few bites and then Mickey came to say hi! She wasn't sure about Mickey, which surprised me cause she likes him so much, that is until he kissed her!

Won her over quick!

We then had a parade!

I know it doesn't look like it, but she had a good time! LOL! I'm sure as she reaches teenage years I'll see this face in photos more often...

We met LILO, and boy did Elora enjoy that! And finally Stitch! Elora was just not sure about our alien friend. We had a hug, and a high five, but I had to hold her. It's funny cause I figured Mickey and Stitch would be the stars of this meal, quite the opposite was true!

Sorry, no pics cause they’re on DH’s camera...

At this point E was ready to go.

I'd managed to get some food in her as she watched the characters go around. We finished up one of the giant plates of food, and that was enough for us! It really was super yummy. DH commented on how much tastier the food was this trip vs our visit in 2012, which I had noticed on my last visit as well.

We settled the bill, took a bathroom break and hopped the monorail to MK!! DH stopped at the DSA while DD and I went through the bag check. The stroller was loaded: a soft cooler full of waters, our back pack filled with all sorts of madness, two camera bags (all daddy and he barely took any pictures), and an all seasons blanket. I think we would have done fine with a smaller bag, one camera and the cooler. The cooler saved us SO much money. We drank a case of water (24 bottles) in a day and a half, and that’s not including the water we had with meals!

We made it through as daddy strolled through the bag free entrance, must be nice! Lol! We enjoyed our walk down Main Street, but I was sad the Emporium windows were under construction, I love those scenes! We agreed we’d stop for a castle picture later, the crowds were a bit heavy and the lines for pictures were kinda long.

We were lucky enough to walk through the castle, must have missed the new welcome show. DD really loved the mosaics of Cinderella. Elora got one look at the carousel and was ready to ride!

She wanted a green horse.

Our very first ride at Disney World!

E did not want to get off, of course, but after a brief explanation and promise of more rides, we were off! The park had only been open 30 minutes and already Peter Pan was at a 60 minute wait! We got in line, but I didn't want to wait. I knew lines elsewhere would be short and I wanted to take advantage, rather than spend an hour in line. Begrudgingly, DH agreed and we crossed the walkway to Small World!!

Red card!

DD knows the song from the Disneyland Sing Along so she sang the entire boat ride, and all day. Lol!

We popped over to ride Pooh with our FP.

Elora, again wouldn't leave the honey pot. She was actually really enjoying just looking around at everything. We popped over to see Belle and hear a tale. This was a highlight for us.

Another red card!

We got in and Elora bolted toward the wardrobe, did I mention she loves Beauty and the Beast? I pulled her back and we listened as the various parts were assigned. Elora is only 2 ½ but she's super verbal, like a 4 year old honestly. So when they said roar she roared, when they said shiver she shivered. When the CM went to give a shy set of siblings Chip and Mrs. Potts they declined and E said to her “I need one!” I wasn't sure if I should die of embarrassment or laugh at how bold she is!

The show was super cute, as always, and the boy they chose to be the Beast was adorable, perfect age for the part. A highlight for me was when DD, playing Chip, hopped over and handed Belle the tea cup cut out and told her “it’s tea!” I about fell over laughing.

I have a few cute videos but photobucket is being a jerk and won't let me get them...

When it came time for the kids to meet Belle the CM asked what Elora’s name was and she said Stitch. Twice. Lol! I got some cute pics, which is good cause the photopass guy was not on his A game… a recurring theme, made me glad we didn't buy the MM this time.

Cont...

After we said our goodbyes to Belle and the rest of the enchanted castle E and I went for a bio break while DH went for a DSA. We stopped to grab the stroller, and a Mickey bar before we headed to take a trip Under the Sea with Ariel! The wait was listed at 10 minutes so I moved the FP to be for one a bit later at the Haunted Mansion.

It was about 11 AM at this point, E was getting tired so we ducked into Mickey's Philharmagic for one last attraction before we left the park.

Elora slept from the moment we put her in the stroller (SO glad for the all seasons blanket at this point) to the moment we got in the room. No lie, she woke up as we strolled in. But it's cool, cause we had this amazing room to chill in!

Honestly, the only issue with this room is that DH has fallen in love and I may never see another deluxe resort...

DD had a bath while DH had a rest. I went up to the lounge! I grabbed some nibbles, a beer for DH and a glass of wine for me! It was nice to chill for a little but I was quickly ready to get back in the parks! We changed clothes and headed for the boat dock!

We got to MK just in time for a popcorn bucket and the 3 o’clock parade! Main Street was pretty packed but DD could see just fine up on our shoulders. We made sure to stand in the back so we didn't block anyone else’s view. Elora LOVED the parade! She was calling out the characters names, waving and pointing at them. Even daddy enjoyed it! We all agreed we'd have to make time to get a great spot to see it in September.

After the parade we made the trek back into Fantasyland and in the rush I dropped our full bucket of popcorn… a pair of wonderful CMs were there to rescue our popcorn and sweep up the mess we made. We gave them each a little thank you note and were back on track, we had a FP to meet some princesses!!

Love that one SO much!

E was a little nervous in the queue, but when she looked at Tiana she lit up, and then clammed up, lol! My usually chatty toddler had but nothing to say. She was just so shocked, and possibly confused, about meeting these gals.

Our less than enthusiastic photographer took a few shots and we were hurried along.

Things went better with Rapunzel, and we got some good pictures too! This photographer was a lot better too. I’ll post the PP pics in a separate post; can’t get to them this second.

We headed over to ride Dumbo. I'd forgotten how large Fantasyland is with the expansion; we put some serious mileage on our stroller, lol!

The new queue system is kind of amazing. Elora ran around having a blast, while DH took pictures and I changed FPs! Lol! We did wait a bit, maybe 25 minutes? We had a red card, again!

We went back to the main area to Teacups; I'd changed our HM FP to this. While we waited for the next ride so we could board, I nabbed another FP for HM. What can I say? I wanted to ride it!

Elora LOVED the teacups.

He’s the worst...

Daddy spun us around so fast I had to hold her for fear she knock her noggin.

We doubled back towards Dumbo, had a bio break and boarded the train towards Adventureland.

The stroller on the train was an awful pain in the you know what. I mean that thing was loaded to the brim so getting everything off, folding the stroller, getting all of us on the train, and then off, oye vey. Gotta pack a bit lighter next time.

We hobbled down from the platform, reorganized the stroller and ourselves and continued on! We were heading towards Liberty Tree but then I saw Pecos Bills; never been there, let's go!

I got Guido’s order and sent him to find a table with Elora. There was no line at the register so I was able to order right away. I waited a few minutes at the order window and they brought me a tray, but it wasn't mine. I made a joke to the CM there that I'd take anything; hungry family. We laughed and I waited some more. He had to ask the cook for my order and as an apology gave me a strawberry slushee drink. I thanked him with a note and dropped our food at the table.

DH is a simple eater so I left to hit the toppings bar while he made a plate for DD from my fajita platter. Holy crow did I load up on stuff! The meal was so tasty and SO much food, I honestly think DH and I could have shared. DD loves beans and rice so this was a good choice for her. She honestly ate about ⅓ of my plate.

We took another bio break and meandered over to HM for our fast pass. The crowds were pretty heavy at this point, and maneuvering through was not the simplest task. We made it over, parked the stroller and scanned our passes. The posted wait time was 45 minutes, I remember cause I thought it was long. I jumped on the app to see what other passes I could get. There were a few, but nothing DH and I were interested in doing again. I added a pass to Aladdin’s Magic Carpet, cause not much else was available. We planned to just wait the posted 20 for PotC and then play it by ear.

We went through the outside queue, the non-fun side and quickly we were ushered into the stretching room; DD was clung to me for dear life. She liked the pictures and didn't seem to mind the dark, but once we exited into the hallway before the moving sidewalk she lost it.

Elora wasn't crying and she wasn't afraid of the dark stuff, it was the cobwebs! She kept telling me “there are spiders!” I told her we were gonna tour the house of the corpse bride to try and explain where we were. See, she has a stuffy of Constance, but she's blue and a bride, so Elora calls her “corpse bride” after the much loved Tim Burton movie. This wasn't helping. I asked her if she wanted to get off and go outside, she said no, she wanted to see corpse bride.

Well, we got in our doom buggy, and she was cool, looking around, not upset, until the coffin. Then she hid her face in my sweater, the entire ride. She did reemerge when she recognized the song from her sing along and was then SuPER happy to see Constance and hear her say “hurry back” at the end.

Once we returned to the land of the living Elora exclaimed “I don't like that one mama!” We had a laugh and decided to skip PotC; maybe E isn't quite ready for those darker rides just yet. At this point the crowds were bad, seas of people. DH needed a DSA and E needed some fresh air. We split up again; DH ventured off behind BTMRR while DD and I headed towards Adventurland. We stopped for a bio break, shopped around a little then grabbed a seat to just take it all in.

The temperature had dropped as the sun was setting, so we bundled a bit and we waited. DH had gotten lost finding us. I considered a stop in the Tiki Room, but as I was parking the stroller he found us. We hopped into the FP line for AMK, which had a Posted wait of 20 minutes. I looked for another FP, and there were some good ones, but they were out of the way, or during fireworks time, so we decided not to get another one.

We enjoyed our ride with carpet.

DH was fading fast, I think he expected fewer crowds and all the people were just too much. We strolled through Adventureland and onto Main Street. We told DD she cou get a special toy as a gift from her Baba, my mom. She wanted a doll she said. Specially she chose a Barbie sized Ariel bride doll. DH was not happy with her choice, for whatever reason, so he talked her into a Belle set; the little animator collections that come in the plastic lunch box Type boxes. She has a few as it is, and loves them. She was ok with the change, so we laid and headed to grab a spot for fireworks. This will be significant later…

It was about an hour before the show was to begin. We grabbed a seat in front of the rails closer to the Adventureland side of the castle. It was a choice spot if I do say so myself. DD danced around some, and played with her little dolly. DH looked over the 6 pictures he’d taken with his cameras (I'm exaggerating but he really didn't take many after bringing in both cameras), and I went for snacks! When I came back both DD and DH were upset. Turns out DD had asked daddy for her Ariel doll, you know the one he talked her out of? DH felt terrible, but I was like no big deal you have your little Belle doll. DD was fine but DH felt bad. I said we were not gonna buy another dolly, he agreed. Remember this moment...

Gotta have snacks for Wishes!

The wait wasn't bad at all and soon we were enjoying Wishes for the first, and last time.

It was as magical, if not more so than ever. DD sang the song, as I knew she would and oooed and aaahed over every firework; she's loved them since she was a tiny baby. And I cried the entire show, of course! I was honestly really emotional about saying goodbye to this show. We were, however privileged to experience the phenomenon that is the seated fireworks show! Literally a sea of people, sitting on the floor, watching Wishes! It was amazing and I hope you all get to experience this. I mean, not having to get up was so nice after standing basically all day, plus we all got to snuggle together to see this amazing show.

All too soon it was over and DH was beyond done. I suggested waiting out the crowd, but he wanted to bolt. He had the audacity to suggest we leave before the end of the show, but that wasn't gonna happen. He stood in the sea of bodies heading towards the exit and eventually made it to the entrance. We did stop to say a quick goodbye to the castle and said we’d be back real soon.

We got out to the dock and a boat was there so we boarded and headed back to WL. I'd hoped DD would knock out on the ride back, but she was wide awake; she's got some serious stamina! We got back to the room and went to the lounge for some milk and wine! DD took a bath and I called to request a late check out. The person I spoke to said we could check out at 1:30 PM!! Sweet! DD and I cuddled in the comfy bed and fell asleep watching Wall-E.

I woke up at about 7 AM the next morning. I had no recollection of falling asleep, nor of DH coming Into the bedroom, but there he was, sprawled out on his very own queen sized bed! It was kinda hilarious. I got dressed, tidied up a bit and went up to the lounge for some coffee. I grabbed some fruit to bring down for DD and coffee for DH as well.

When I got to the room everyone was up. Apparently DD woke up and lost her mind that I'd gone missing, poor baby, but all was now right in the world! We decided we'd spend some time swimming and just hanging around the resort. It such a beautiful place! Even with the construction! We had breakfast in the lounge, then DD and I hit the splash pad while DH spent the morning in the arcade.

No pics cause they’re all on the camera...

It really was nice to just be at the resort. I am really starting to enjoy that aspect of WDW. When I was a kid and we'd come up we never spent more than sleeping hours at our hotels; we opened parks and stayed to close them down. But over the last few years we've visited just to do some resort time and I've really enjoyed it! DH loves it too, so much so that we recently recited some DVD information that he requested.

Apparently while we was arcading he also explored the resort a bit. In doing so he chatted with the DVC person and asked about the bungalows and AKL, ya know, all the stuff I natter about! So we got this giant booklet in the mail and he's talking about staying on Bay Lake in a bungalow with our DVC points. I mean who is this guy?!? All joking aside, he may not have the Disney bug, but he seems to really appreciate the level of quality and service Disney provides, which is great for me! Lol!

After our swim time was up DD and I headed to the room, I needed to pack up our stuff! I was really surprised at what a mess we'd managed to make in one night. While I was tidying up and DD was dancing and singing around the room, DH returned from his Adventures, with a merchandise bag… can you imagine what was inside? Yep, the Ariel bride doll. That man is a sucker for that little girl. Granted, she was over the moon excited and now sleeps with the doll, but still!

All packed up, DH took DD up the lounge to snack and wit for me to book our BB for her birthday! I wish I could say it was a breeze, but my CM seemed a bit new. No problem! Things took a bit longer than expected and about 40 minutes later my family returned to check on me… well, we finally got booked! Two rooms at AKL, club level. We've since had to modify the type of ticket and both my daughter and husband's names, but we got it!

We called to check out, everything was in order and we were good to go. We debated on heading to DS for lunch or trying out Geyser Point, the latter won out for convenience but was not the most pleasant experience. Not awful, just not great. The food was ok, don't get me wrong I liked the more adventurous menu items, but neither my nor DH’s lunch was anything special. DD was the only one to actually finish her sandwich.

I will suggest this if you go there and happen to order the bison burger: do not listen to the staff and order it mid-rare. See, I used to work for a speciality burger and beer place and we did many bison burgers. Bison is a dry meat, by nature, so anything beyond mid-rare is chewy and dry and yuck. Well the CM argued with me and urged DH to order medium, as mid-rare would be “raw” but in the end his burger was inedible dry. I generally would have returned the sandwich but the entire staff was huddled at the end of the bar, even the manager.

I'll admit, being in the foodservice industry and then in customer service, I'm a snot about good service, but I really wasn't pleased here. I know it's only QS, but if you're gonna have servers standing about, they may as well help out your patrons. Rant over, and we were off.

We shopped in the mercantile a bit, DD got a lollipop, and we got a photo holder themed after the resort. We took a few pictures and DH showed us the arcade, where we did a photo booth session. I’ll post the copy later.

It was getting to be about 2 PM so DH got the van, we loaded in and started the drive home. I was sad to leave, as always, but knowing I had a trip to plan for dd’s birthday made saying goodbye much easier!

All in all we had a great weekend. DD loved the experience, as did DH, I was really surprised at what a great time he had. I learned a lot this trip too! It was great having a sort of dry run, for our next trip; I feel a little more prepared to handle a week in WDW with Elora and Guido.

I assumed going in that seeing Wishes would have been my favorite part, but it ended up being Enchanted Tales with Belle. DD had such a blast and was such a ham! DH says he liked the resort best, and that ‘Ohana was second. When I asked DD what her favorite part was she shouted “Mickey and Ploohoe!” Lol!

Thanks for reading along friends. That's all I got for now. I do have some updates on our September trip, but those will come along soon.

TTFN! Hope all is well in your worlds!

this is the kids birthday and will more then likely be at AK this night to see pandora!!!

Cool!! We've had to move some things around, so I'm not sure we'll be at AK that evening, but we need to set a meet; I refuse to be in WD same time as your awesome family and not get a picture with y'all!

This is awful. Are you using the Signature people? maybe they can help?

At the time I wasn't, but since then they've been great, mostly. I need to start asking great CMs for their extensions...

I do hope you move over to Poly. we can sit in the lounge and enjoy!!

That would be amazing!!! Unfortunately I was out voted... I'll explain in the update, soon to come.

I am on my phone tonight and can't quote as well as on a computer but YAY for officially booking and ADRs!! And Club Level at AKL sounds amazing!!!!

It's so real once you book! And since we had quite a bit of savings for the May trip, my Disney Vacation Account is ready to pay for this one as well!!

Super cute. She may have taken the rose, but I'll never admit it.
Ha!

Barry announced that the bad news was that not only was our room ready, but we'd be upgraded to a deluxe suite with Club Level access!!
That is awesome!!! Being just one night probably made it an easy upgrade.

E did not want to get off, of course, but after a brief explanation and promise of more rides, we were off!
We had that problem the first time we went. But they figure it out pretty quickly. And then before you know it fast pass is part of there vocabulary!

We popped over to see Belle and hear a tale. This was a highlight for us.
This is one of my favorite things! I love the magic portal to go in! And the kids are always so cute!

When the CM went to give a shy set of siblings Chip and Mrs. Potts they declined and E said to her “I need one!” I wasn't sure if I should die of embarrassment or laugh at how bold she is!
Way to make herself heard, E!

Honestly, the only issue with this room is that DH has fallen in love and I may never see another deluxe resort...
Ha, how do you go back?!? I mean really...

Elora LOVED the parade! She was calling out the characters names, waving and pointing at them. Even daddy enjoyed it! We all agreed we'd have to make time to get a great spot to see it in September.
I love love love this parade! It's amazing. I always want to see it each time we are there.

We gave them each a little thank you note
What do your Thank You notes look like? I should do this next time!

E was a little nervous in the queue, but when she looked at Tiana she lit up, and then clammed up, lol!
My girls always clam up when they meet the characters. now that they are a little older, we try to prep them with a question. But they still just kind of oogle at the characters.

DD loves beans and rice so this was a good choice for her. She honestly ate about ⅓ of my plate.
Good Eater!

Once we returned to the land of the living Elora exclaimed “I don't like that one mama!”
Ha! My youngest had the same reaction.

Yep, the Ariel bride doll. That man is a sucker for that little girl. Granted, she was over the moon excited and now sleeps with the doll, but still!
Most Dad's are suckers for those little girls...

All packed up, DH took DD up the lounge to snack and wit for me to book our BB for her birthday! I wish I could say it was a breeze, but my CM seemed a bit new. No problem! Things took a bit longer than expected and about 40 minutes later my family returned to check on me… well, we finally got booked! Two rooms at AKL, club level. We've since had to modify the type of ticket and both my daughter and husband's names, but we got it!
I have never booked a Bounce Back. How does it work? Do you really save any money?

Ha!

If she had taken it, I certainly would have gotten a nod from an employee...:blush:

That is awesome!!! Being just one night probably made it an easy upgrade.

I honestly had hoped for an upgrade, but I thought maybe a bunk bed room! This really was an incredible thing.

We had that problem the first time we went. But they figure it out pretty quickly. And then before you know it fast pass is part of there vocabulary!

Yes, all too quickly she was ready to get to the next ride! With the legacy FP my baby sister thought they were a necessary part of riding, very funny explaining its like a perk.

This is one of my favorite things! I love the magic portal to go in! And the kids are always so cute!

Guido actually let out a "cool!" When the portal opened. This was a fave for sure.

Way to make herself heard, E!

Lol! She was determined to play a part. I gotta post the little videos.

Ha, how do you go back?!? I mean really...

SO true! We agree that as Elora gets bigger we can venture outward more often. But as long as she's on a stroller it's gotta be close to MK.

I love love love this parade! It's amazing. I always want to see it each time we are there.

They really did a stellar job on this one! Kinda gives me hope for the new nighttime fireworks...

What do your Thank You notes look like? I should do this next time!

I think Easy Walt Disney World has some templates, but I just borrowed some images from Google and put together a Publisher sheet. The cards are about 2" x 1" each. I always include our last name and the month/year we visited. Just a nice little thanks! I love using them.

My girls always clam up when they meet the characters. now that they are a little older, we try to prep them with a question. But they still just kind of oogle at the characters.

It really is kinda cute, especially since she's usually so chatty. Just in total awe!

Good Eater!

Yep! I have never once wondered if she getting enough nourishment. I thank my luck stars every day!

Ha! My youngest had the same reaction.

I was not expecting that at all! She likes the movie so much, and she's not afraid of the dark. We might try it again in September...

Most Dad's are suckers for those little girls...

Very true! My dad has 4 girls; we own him. Lol! It was a sweet gesture and he really made her day.

I have never booked a Bounce Back. How does it work? Do you really save any money?

The Bounce Backs are great! This was our first time actually booking one. The discounts vary, this was a RO offer for 30% off at deluxe resorts. Sometimes it's Free Dining too. But if you know you're returning why not? I forget the number you call, but it's easy to find on the DIS.:disrocks:

Saturday morning at 5 AM I was up. I'd actually been awake since about 3:30, but I stayed in bed trying to get some sleep. I got up, dressed, made coffee and finished packing the car. I woke DH up at about 5:30, he isn't a morning person so he needs extra time. Once he was ready I grabbed DD, loaded her into the car and by 6:15 we were on the road!

This sounds like my plan. I am planning to be up at 4:30 to get myself awake, ready, and get the rest of the car packed. Then I'll get DH up as he works late on Friday nights, but I'm going to take first shift driving anyway, so he can rest some more. We'll do the boys last minute. Not sure if I will leave them in their PJs or what, but I am hoping they also rest a bit in the car. The problem is that it will get light fairly quickly so they may not. But we do have the dual screen DVD so hopefully they will be quietly resting while watching. I'm just going to bring breakfast items for the car and we plan to stop around 11 in Lake City for lunch. Hoping to get to WL between 1-3 (6 hrs 45 min without stops...so 7-9 hours with).

we arrived and asked to sit anywhere but inside the ice cave. I just didn't want to endure cold, color changes every 20 minutes.
Smart move!

Instead they sat us directly outside the ice cave
:rotfl2:

our server was super cute, but seemed very busy, so things went slower than I'd have liked, which would prove troublesome.
Foreshadowing....

Some Snap Chat to pass the time... LOL!
Fun!

We took a stroll to Sprinkles and E ordered a cupcake from the ATM. She could not have cared less about how she got it, but she devoured that treat!
Looks yummy!

Well, she devoured the frosting, lol!
This is my 5 year old, too!

Not much remained, up I was able to grab a Pooh for 9:40 AM followed by a Little Mermaid at 10:40AM. I also got a Meet Tiana and Rapunzel at 3:40 PM, not too shabby for the day before!
Sounds good!

Once again I was up at 5 AM. Being a morning person really pays off on Disney trips!
I'm not really a morning person, however, I get up at 5:50 for work...so that will serve me well In Disney!

The drive over to Wilderness Lodge was SUPER easy at that early hour; we were there in under 20 minutes with no traffic. We pulled up, unloaded then DH went to go park the car while E and I got checked in.
Yay!!

The lobby was quiet, and practically empty! Which made its grandeur all the more appealing.
Oh, I cannot wait for this. I may just cry.

Barry announced that the bad news was that not only was our room ready, but we'd be upgraded to a deluxe suite with Club Level access!! Holy pixie dust Batman!
pixiedust:

I about jumped over the counter to hug Barry, but held back and gave him a personalized thank you note instead.
I am thinking of printing some of these from pinterest.

I have some pictures later on.
Can't wait...

We went upstairs and checked, in a few minutes, early for our ‘Ohana breakfast; a first for us all!
We will be doing it for the first time in June! Even though I have wanted to for a long time.

The stroller was loaded: a soft cooler full of waters, our back pack filled with all sorts of madness, two camera bags (all daddy and he barely took any pictures), and an all seasons blanket. I think we would have done fine with a smaller bag, one camera and the cooler.
This was us last year. But we did have the 2 boys and my diabetic father, who has meds that have to stay cold. This year, I am thinking of not using a cooler and just bringing in the boys' thermos funtainers (like last year) in the pockets of the backpack(s) and 2 bottles of water for DH and I. Then we can grab the free ice water from the QS locations.

The cooler saved us SO much money. We drank a case of water (24 bottles) in a day and a half, and that’s not including the water we had with meals!
We used a lot of water bottles last year, but because I am trying to save space, I'm going to go with the free ice water instead.

When the CM went to give a shy set of siblings Chip and Mrs. Potts they declined and E said to her “I need one!” I wasn't sure if I should die of embarrassment or laugh at how bold she is!
So cute! My 3 year old always amazes people, even his doctor, with his vocabulary. I'm a teacher, so I guess I just talk to my kids a lot?

the CM asked what Elora’s name was and she said Stitch. Twice. Lol!
HAHA

I am afraid this might be the case for both DH and myself after this trip. We will be ruined for any other resort!

The new queue system is kind of amazing. Elora ran around having a blast, while DH took pictures and I changed FPs! Lol! We did wait a bit, maybe 25 minutes? We had a red card, again!
Call me mean, but I did not let my kids play here last June and am trying not to this June! I'm just afraid I'll never get them out. Mean mommy!

Elora LOVED the teacups.
My kids would probably like it as well, but I just can't do it. I didn't put it on the schedule, but maybe DH will do it with them.

The stroller on the train was an awful pain in the you know what. I mean that thing was loaded to the brim so getting everything off, folding the stroller, getting all of us on the train, and then off, oye vey. Gotta pack a bit lighter next time.
I'm so worried about this. I want for us to ride it, but that will be a pain. But my plan is the diaper back pack and a regular backpack with a little crossbody park bag. So, maybe it won't be as bad for the train, boat, bus, etc.

but then I saw Pecos Bills; never been there, let's go!
I've been but not since the changes. I put it on the schedule for June.

The meal was so tasty
Glad to hear it. It sounds tasty!

quickly we were ushered into the stretching room; DD was clung to me for dear life. She liked the pictures and didn't seem to mind the dark, but once we exited into the hallway before the moving sidewalk she lost it.
I'm going to attempt this with my two once. We'll see how it goes.

We enjoyed our ride with carpet.
My boys love it and it's Aj's fave of all the similar ones. Will prefers Dumbo, though.

headed to grab a spot for fireworks. This will be significant later…
More foreshadowing....

We grabbed a seat in front of the rails closer to the Adventureland side of the castle.
Was this on the hub grass? We are planning for an hour or 45 minutes ahead of HEA.

I went for snacks!
Were you able to get out and back in easily enough? Because I definitely want to do this to help pass the time but I didn't know if it would be best to grab it before heading to the spot. I may also lug in the iPads to pass the time. But I'm really hoping not to.

I said we were not gonna buy another dolly, he agreed. Remember this moment...
Hmmm...lol.

It was as magical, if not more so than ever.
Aww, I'm so glad! But I am sad I won't get to see it again.

We got out to the dock and a boat was there so we boarded and headed back to WL.
How was the crowd for the boat at the end of the night? We are planning bus for rope drop and then boat for midday breaks and end of night.

I called to request a late check out. The person I spoke to said we could check out at 1:30 PM!!
Nice. I am going to ask at check-in about a late check out for us.

went up to the lounge for some coffee. I grabbed some fruit to bring down for DD and coffee for DH as well.
Very nice!

Apparently DD woke up and lost her mind that I'd gone missing, poor baby
Oh no!

We decided we'd spend some time swimming and just hanging around the resort. It such a beautiful place!
Oh this sounds so nice.

then DD and I hit the splash pad
This is where we will spend most of our time, I think. However, it seems in the videos I have watched that there are no umbrella and tables in that section, like there were at SSR. Hopefully I can find some shade.

It really was nice to just be at the resort. I am really starting to enjoy that aspect of WDW.
We have a break built in every day so we plan to swim and rest, but my DH has now informed me that we should've put in an extra day in the middle for a resort break. Oops. Should've mentioned it sooner! I guess I'll know for "next time". His words...not mine. Either he has accepted our Disney future or is actually looking forward to it. LOL

DH loves it too, so much so that we recently recited some DVD information that he requested.
I am truly hoping to hook DH this trip.

DH returned from his Adventures, with a merchandise bag… can you imagine what was inside? Yep, the Ariel bride doll. That man is a sucker for that little girl.
HAHA

All packed up, DH took DD up the lounge to snack and wit for me to book our BB for her birthday!
YAY!

well, we finally got booked! Two rooms at AKL, club level.
So fun!

I'll admit, being in the foodservice industry and then in customer service, I'm a snot about good service, but I really wasn't pleased here.
Oh no. I hope it improves in June.

I was sad to leave, as always, but knowing I had a trip to plan for dd’s birthday made saying goodbye much easier!
No doubt.

I learned a lot this trip too! It was great having a sort of dry run, for our next trip; I feel a little more prepared to handle a week in WDW with Elora and Guido.
That is how I feel about last year's trip. It was a warm up for this year!

Thanks for reading along friends. That's all I got for now.
Thanks for posting! It was a great mini TR!

I do have some updates on our September trip, but those will come along soon.
Looking forward to it!

This sounds like my plan. I am planning to be up at 4:30 to get myself awake, ready, and get the rest of the car packed. Then I'll get DH up as he works late on Friday nights, but I'm going to take first shift driving anyway, so he can rest some more. We'll do the boys last minute. Not sure if I will leave them in their PJs or what, but I am hoping they also rest a bit in the car. The problem is that it will get light fairly quickly so they may not. But we do have the dual screen DVD so hopefully they will be quietly resting while watching. I'm just going to bring breakfast items for the car and we plan to stop around 11 in Lake City for lunch. Hoping to get to WL between 1-3 (6 hrs 45 min without stops...so 7-9 hours with).

I don't know if it's just Elora, or good luck, or what, but she slept quite well until we stopped to eat. After that she just rested, no actual sleep, but the light outside didn't seem to bother her one bit! Hope you have the same luck!

Smart move!
:rotfl2:

I honestly had a moment when we were seated where I thought "this is a joke, right?" It was just fine though, and made me grateful I'd asked not to be indie the cave! Oye vey!

This is my 5 year old, too!

I don't get the frosting thing. Sure, I like it, with cake, but alone? Too much sugar!

I'm not really a morning person, however, I get up at 5:50 for work...so that will serve me well In Disney!

It's incredible how much you can do with an early start. eing fully awake and ready before she was even up was gold.

Oh, I cannot wait for this. I may just cry.

It's really a special place. You're gonna love it so much!

pixiedust:

RIGHT?! I know it was just one night but boy was I excited! And we really milked the Club Level access.

I am thinking of printing some of these from pinterest.

I love these! Been using them for years! We add our last name and the month we've visited. The CMs always light up when you hand them one. I'm sure a lot of the time they have a thankless job, sadly, so I like using them.

We will be doing it for the first time in June! Even though I have wanted to for a long time.

FUN! I hope you do a TR. Your trip is so close now!!

This was us last year. But we did have the 2 boys and my diabetic father, who has meds that have to stay cold. This year, I am thinking of not using a cooler and just bringing in the boys' thermos funtainers (like last year) in the pockets of the backpack(s) and 2 bottles of water for DH and I. Then we can grab the free ice water from the QS locations.

It was a poor choice on my part, and I knew better. I don't think I'll take as much water in September, but I hate Florida tap water enough that I'll carry the extra bag. LOL!

We used a lot of water bottles last year, but because I am trying to save space, I'm going to go with the free ice water instead.

You're smarter than I am. LOL!

So cute! My 3 year old always amazes people, even his doctor, with his vocabulary. I'm a teacher, so I guess I just talk to my kids a lot?

I think that has a lot to do with it. We never baby talk her. Someone today asked me if she was 3 or 4, I died cause she's 2 1/2! LOL!

I am afraid this might be the case for both DH and myself after this trip. We will be ruined for any other resort!

We re-booked at WL again. DH wants to "buy a cabin" my dreams of staying at the POLY may remain just that.

Call me mean, but I did not let my kids play here last June and am trying not to this June! I'm just afraid I'll never get them out. Mean mommy!

LOL! I don't think it's mean; Elora totally threw a fit when we got back in line. But a fruit snack and seeing Dumbo once we got outside and she was fine.

My kids would probably like it as well, but I just can't do it. I didn't put it on the schedule, but maybe DH will do it with them.

I hadn't ridden the teacups since like 2002; my mom can't do the spinny rides; she gets vertigo. Honestly, if DD hadn't liked it so much, I'd skip it next time...

I'm so worried about this. I want for us to ride it, but that will be a pain. But my plan is the diaper back pack and a regular backpack with a little crossbody park bag. So, maybe it won't be as bad for the train, boat, bus, etc.

The big boat was no problem cause we just strolled on. I fear the bus. I really do. I need to pack lighter next time. Please share any tips!!

I'm going to attempt this with my two once. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck! LOL! Seriously though. I love HM and Pirates. I'm hoping E will be a bit braver in September.

Was this on the hub grass? We are planning for an hour or 45 minutes ahead of HEA.

NO! We were literally on the sidewalk, in front of one of the gated off gardens, just to the left of the castle (Adventureland side) Such a choice spot!

Were you able to get out and back in easily enough? Because I definitely want to do this to help pass the time but I didn't know if it would be best to grab it before heading to the spot. I may also lug in the iPads to pass the time. But I'm really hoping not to.

Getting back in was no trouble, but we were close to the cart. And yes, have something. DD had her new toy so she was ok, and Snap chat is a wonderful thing, lol! We were in our spot for a least an hour.

Aww, I'm so glad! But I am sad I won't get to see it again.

The new show will be spectacular, I know it will! But Wishes will always hold a spot in our Disney hearts.

How was the crowd for the boat at the end of the night? We are planning bus for rope drop and then boat for midday breaks and end of night.

Totally full. BUT they held a boat for us to run on, so we didn't actually have to wait for a crowd to form waiting on a boat. The boat was great, honestly. And since WL and the camgrounds have their own boats you're not sharing space with folks going to the ticket center or another resort.

Nice. I am going to ask at check-in about a late check out for us.

Do it! It's not guaranteed, nothing ever is. But even an extra hour is such a blessing.

This is where we will spend most of our time, I think. However, it seems in the videos I have watched that there are no umbrella and tables in that section, like there were at SSR. Hopefully I can find some shade.

Yeah, bring a hat, lol! The sun would go behind the trees at certain times, but the best sots to sit and watch the kids were in the sun. There are chairs, but no loungers and no tables. I guess it's cause they don't want parents leaving the lifeguards to manage the kids, but those of us who would like to responsibly enjoy some relaxing time while our children run a muck should not be punished! LOL!

We have a break built in every day so we plan to swim and rest, but my DH has now informed me that we should've put in an extra day in the middle for a resort break. Oops. Should've mentioned it sooner! I guess I'll know for "next time". His words...not mine. Either he has accepted our Disney future or is actually looking forward to it. LOL

Either way you know you're coming back!! With Guido's anxiety I knew a full "rest" day would be needed for him. E and I may actually hit a mini-golf game with my sister!

I am truly hoping to hook DH this trip.

I hope you get lucky like I did. The resort was enough for DH to fall in love. That and my crazy planning... Not sure I mentioned that. He thanked me for being a planning nut cause we never waited very long, I knew where we needed to be and we didn't need anything. I felt so proud, and grateful for these boards!

Oh no. I hope it improves in June.

I'm sure it will!

That is how I feel about last year's trip. It was a warm up for this year!

I know right! I've been 100 times, but going with the kiddo is a totally different experience. I'm glad we had a little trip to test the waters a bit.

Thanks for posting! It was a great mini TR!

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter