The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Definitely doing a TR! And I've heard the water at the QS is filtered! So that should work out okay.

Yay to rebooking WL! Except the not getting to the Poly part!

Good info on the boat situation.

Ugh on the splash pad situation. I'm very fair skinned so I hate to be out in it with no shade. May have to try to talk them into hanging at the regular pool part.

Yes he calls me his Disney planning princess. Haha. He knows how much work I put in, so hopefully it pays off.

I was very pleasantly surprised with my meal.
That's great. I've never been to T-Rex, but I've heard the mixed reviews too. I think it is all about expectations. It is definitely a higher price than you'd pay at other places for similar food, but you're also paying for experience. I know Rainforest Café gets that same reputation. While I've never been to one at Disney we've done RFC a few times in other places and I've always been happy with it, despite it being a pricy option.

Super cute. She may have taken the rose, but I'll never admit it.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

At this point my grumpy DH, who desperately needed some coffee, had joined us. He muttered a “great” under his breath.

Barry announced that the bad news was that not only was our room ready, but we'd be upgraded to a deluxe suite with Club Level access!! Holy pixie dust Batman!
Well, if that's the bad news, I'll take it!!! :dancer:

Next thing ya know Pluto popped by for a hello! DD has become a big fan of “Ploo-hoe” as she calls him. This was her very first character meet and she did great!
Awesome!

DD knows the song from the Disneyland Sing Along so she sang the entire boat ride, and all day. Lol!
:faint::rotfl2:

A highlight for me was when DD, playing Chip, hopped over and handed Belle the tea cup cut out and told her “it’s tea!” I about fell over laughing.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

When it came time for the kids to meet Belle the CM asked what Elora’s name was and she said Stitch. Twice.
You've got to have your hands full with her... :rotfl2:

Honestly, the only issue with this room is that DH has fallen in love and I may never see another deluxe resort...
Even a standard room at WL is pretty amazing. I can only imagine.

The stroller on the train was an awful pain in the you know what. I mean that thing was loaded to the brim so getting everything off, folding the stroller, getting all of us on the train, and then off, oye vey. Gotta pack a bit lighter next time.
::yes:: It is a tough balancing act. Taking enough things to get through the day and any unexpected surprises while not needing an 18 wheeler to haul all the crap around.

DH is a simple eater so I left to hit the toppings bar while he made a plate for DD from my fajita platter. Holy crow did I load up on stuff! The meal was so tasty and SO much food, I honestly think DH and I could have shared. DD loves beans and rice so this was a good choice for her. She honestly ate about ⅓ of my plate.
Great! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. This has always been a must do meal for our family, but we've not been there since they changed the menu.

Well, we got in our doom buggy, and she was cool, looking around, not upset, until the coffin. Then she hid her face in my sweater, the entire ride. She did reemerge when she recognized the song from her sing along and was then SuPER happy to see Constance and hear her say “hurry back” at the end.
Well, I'm glad she at least enjoyed that part... that's a tough one. Also why we rarely ever ride HM. The ride stalled in one of the creepier parts on DS's first ride and he still remembers that and doesn't want to ride it.

The wait wasn't bad at all and soon we were enjoying Wishes for the first, and last time.
I'm glad you were able to see it!

I called to request a late check out. The person I spoke to said we could check out at 1:30 PM!! Sweet!
Awesome! Good resort pixie dust at the beginning and the end of the trip!

All joking aside, he may not have the Disney bug, but he seems to really appreciate the level of quality and service Disney provides, which is great for me! Lol!
Whatever it takes...

DH returned from his Adventures, with a merchandise bag… can you imagine what was inside? Yep, the Ariel bride doll. That man is a sucker for that little girl. Granted, she was over the moon excited and now sleeps with the doll, but still!
Daddy's got to take care of his little princess.

I will suggest this if you go there and happen to order the bison burger: do not listen to the staff and order it mid-rare. See, I used to work for a speciality burger and beer place and we did many bison burgers. Bison is a dry meat, by nature, so anything beyond mid-rare is chewy and dry and yuck. Well the CM argued with me and urged DH to order medium, as mid-rare would be “raw” but in the end his burger was inedible dry.
Ok, I can see both sides. I guess if it is too dry to eat at medium, I probably don't want to order it. I'll eat a steak rare or med-rare, but any kind of ground meat... well as I learned in a meat science lab in college if the meat is ground or processed in any way I don't want anything less than well done.

All in all we had a great weekend. DD loved the experience, as did DH, I was really surprised at what a great time he had. I learned a lot this trip too! It was great having a sort of dry run, for our next trip; I feel a little more prepared to handle a week in WDW with Elora and Guido.
That looks like it was a great trip! Elora did awesome!!!

Definitely doing a TR! And I've heard the water at the QS is filtered! So that should work out okay.

I'm sure it is, and tastes fine. I'm just being a picky brat.

Yay to rebooking WL! Except the not getting to the Poly part!

Maybe some day! We love WL so I'm happy there too. Heck, I'd be happy at POP; a Disney resort is where I wanna sleep!

Good info on the boat situation.

I'm sure it's not always that way, but it's way better than the bus.

Ugh on the splash pad situation. I'm very fair skinned so I hate to be out in it with no shade. May have to try to talk them into hanging at the regular pool part.

Mmhmm, me too. Elora and Guido both have the nice olive skin that just tans, but I freckle! I wore a big hat, and reapplied sunblock often. Hope you don't get a burn!

Yes he calls me his Disney planning princess. Haha. He knows how much work I put in, so hopefully it pays off.

YES! LOL! Someone needs to do it, or you're guaranteed to feel like you wasted time/money on your trip.

That's great. I've never been to T-Rex, but I've heard the mixed reviews too. I think it is all about expectations. It is definitely a higher price than you'd pay at other places for similar food, but you're also paying for experience. I know Rainforest Café gets that same reputation. While I've never been to one at Disney we've done RFC a few times in other places and I've always been happy with it, despite it being a pricy option.

Agreed! The selling point for me at Rainforest (outside of Disney) is my two year old can be loud and I don't care cause there's usually a gorilla being WAY louder not too far away. Being from Miami the prices are not that bed to us; $15 for a burger and fries is pretty standard down this way.
Well, if that's the bad news, I'll take it!!! :dancer:

Right?! He was so cute about it!

You've got to have your hands full with her... :rotfl2:

Oh yeah! That kid is, I mean, she's adorable, but boy, oh boy, is she a handful. I have nightmares about her teenage years...:faint::scared1:

Even a standard room at WL is pretty amazing. I can only imagine.

I can not wait to see those cabins on the lake!

::yes:: It is a tough balancing act. Taking enough things to get through the day and any unexpected surprises while not needing an 18 wheeler to haul all the crap around.

Right?!? And I totally thought about you and your DD needing a whole new outfit while in HS! It's crazy cause I used to go in with a bag the size of a fanny pack and now I'm like hoarder or something!

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. This has always been a must do meal for our family, but we've not been there since they changed the menu.

SO good. We will for sure be eating here again in September.

Well, I'm glad she at least enjoyed that part... that's a tough one. Also why we rarely ever ride HM. The ride stalled in one of the creepier parts on DS's first ride and he still remembers that and doesn't want to ride it.

She does still talk about HM, but it's hard to say if she'd ride it again. Definitely wont be using a FP on it until I'm sure she'll go, even though it's a favorite of mine.

I'm glad you were able to see it!

Me too. It really was magical. :tink:

Awesome! Good resort pixie dust at the beginning and the end of the trip!

We got so lucky! And I had to really make sure DH knew this was all luck and might not happen again, ever.

Whatever it takes...

RIGHT?! :earboy2:

Daddy's got to take care of his little princess.

Ugh, truer words have never been spoken my friend. That man is a sucker for those big blue eyes of hers. Being 1 of 4 girls, I'd say its a generally universal thing; my dad spoils all of us, as much as he can, too.

Ok, I can see both sides. I guess if it is too dry to eat at medium, I probably don't want to order it. I'll eat a steak rare or med-rare, but any kind of ground meat... well as I learned in a meat science lab in college if the meat is ground or processed in any way I don't want anything less than well done.

LOL! The meat science lab! I know you're correct on that one; the ground stuff has more bacteria. But who want to pay $17 for a charcoal bricket on a bun?

That looks like it was a great trip! Elora did awesome!!!

She really did! DH didn't do too bad either. LOL! It really got me more pumped for another trip, all of us actually! :earsboy::earsgirl::earsgirl:

Big Moves

Feels like it's been a century since I've been on here! I'm working my way through TRs and PTRs, but I wanted to pop in for an update, and some advice.

As y'all know this Miami girl has moved across the country to live in the great state of Michigan. We are in a town called Hamtramck which is just outside of Detroit. The move was a mess, I mean image what could go wrong in a move and I just went though it, but now that I'm here I love this place, minus the insane car insurance rates; highest in the country, but I digress. The neighborhood is so diverse, everything is within walking distance and there are a million things to do, well, now that the weather is nice. We'll see how I fair in my first real winter... :cold:

In Disney news, the move drained a bit more from our savings than we had planned for. Mostly as a result of two car accidents I was in (neither my fault) one of which I ended up having to pay for myself cause of a sneaky little clause in my car insurance. But at least no one was hurt. As a result DH had a meltdown about Disney costs and had me rework this or that. I ended up dropping the Club level for a garden view and swapping the Hoppers for a 5 day ticket. I'm not really bummed about any of it, and it makes sense for us as as the savings are what the flight will cost us, so fine. No dwelling!

I got some Disney changes dropped on us to. Turns out RoL is only showing on certain days in September so I had to rework plans to adjust, which means my family had to rework plans as well. The latter portion of this was a breeze on my side; mom said, fine whatever and sis agreed. But DH's family is all over the place! I'm honestly not sure they're coming... But we'll get to that in another post. The other Disney change is, of course, Pandora! I've never seen the film, just not interested, but dude, the land looks AMAZING!! As it stands I have one full day at AK and a half day ending in Epcot. I'm honestly considering dropping the Epcot to get two AK days in. That way I can do RoL one night and explore Pandora the other night. The trouble is if I do that I'm gonna lose the dinner for DD at Akershus. This late in the game I don't think I could nab anything at CRT, but I thought maybe a 1900 PF? But then DD isn't a huge Cindy fan. Blargh. Suggestions are appreciated.

I'll be back here in a few days to post daily plans, and ask for FP suggestions. Turns out DD is tall enough to ride SDMT! Was not expecting that one at all, but she's a giant.

I also want to do something fun for her for her birthday. I know, I'm taking her to WDW what could be more fun? But I mean like a thing. A tangible gift, I thought maybe a dress for her princess dinner, but if I drop it... I'm like 20 days from FP day and I feel like a rookie here! This move took way more outta me than I ever expected. Gotta get back in the Disney game!

TTFN friends. Hope all is well in your worlds!

I know how planning a Disney trip can change during a move!! I'm glad you have settled in and love your new area! Your first winter will be an experience for sure (coming from a true Southerner who lived in Nebraska for the past 8 years.)

We ended up having that problem with ROL when we went because it was only showing on Tuesdays and Thursday and we already had all our ADRs planned for the parks on certain days and I wasn't willing to change any of them, so we missed ROL. I will just have to make sure we see it on our next trip. Your DD will love SDMT! DD1 said it was one of her favorite rides along with Splash and BTMR.

Thanks for the update! It was a nice distraction from the painful waiting for your DCL crusie next Christmas.... it is so far away!!!!

I would just keep checking CRT, because you never know what could pop up. There's the new breakfast with Rapunzel & Flynn Rider and Ariel & Eric as well.

I know how planning a Disney trip can change during a move!! I'm glad you have settled in and love your new area! Your first winter will be an experience for sure (coming from a true Southerner who lived in Nebraska for the past 8 years.)

I'm super nervous about winter. I've seen snow, but I've never lived in it! Glad to know a fellow southerner survived a northern winter; gives me hope!

We ended up having that problem with ROL when we went because it was only showing on Tuesdays and Thursday and we already had all our ADRs planned for the parks on certain days and I wasn't willing to change any of them, so we missed ROL. I will just have to make sure we see it on our next trip. Your DD will love SDMT! DD1 said it was one of her favorite rides along with Splash and BTMR.

I considered just skipping ROL, but I was able to flip our ADRs easily, so I'm just rolling with it. Plus, DH has made it clear this visit will be the last for a few years.

Thanks for the update! It was a nice distraction from the painful waiting for your DCL crusie next Christmas.... it is so far away!!!!

I feel ya there! DH wants to look into DVC, but he wants to go for Star Wars Land, so we're thinking at least 2020. I'm hoping he changes his mind after we have an amazing vacation!

I would just keep checking CRT, because you never know what could pop up. There's the new breakfast with Rapunzel & Flynn Rider and Ariel & Eric as well.

We've got a Trattoria breakfast booked as well, which may have to be enough. We're a party of 11 so I don't think that CRT will open up for us. Decisions, decisions!

Where is is the breakfast with Rapunzel/Flynn and Ariel/Eric?

I know @toomuchtv replied, but the new b-fast is at Trattoria al Forno in the Boardwalk near DHS. Looks great!

Sorry for all the moving stress! I hate moving..there was like a 5 year stretch where I moved several times personally and professionally...and that's just locally around here!

And sorry for the Disney changes and indecision. I hope you get it figured out. I think you may have read on my PTR that we are looking into DVC and our next two trips will be 2019 and 2020. So I feel you on that.

I have 2 boys who aren't into princesses so I'm no help in that department.

I'll be watching for your decisions though.

Oh and super jealous on your tall daughter! If Will had been tall enough, I think he would have really enjoyed 7DMT.

Well, if you do want to cancel Akesher, which if you don't have park hoppers anymore, you probably will have to. 1900 Park Fare is probably a good alternative. We loved it when we went. But sometime that is even hard to get. I would keep looking for CRT, if you want that. They recommended to a friend of mine to check right around the 60 & 30 day marks, as folks change reservations after they get fastness slots and really start to solidify there plans.

The breakfast would be good as well, but I haven't seen spots for that since the 170 day mark. But again, you never know. Personally, other than the location not being so easy to get to, that would be my princess meal choice at this point.

As for DD birthday. If you aren't doing tinker bell gifts each morning. Leaving out one for her birthday would be pretty magical, or maybe from all the princesses? Maybe mickey birthday ears that she can wear all day? Might be a nice way to kick off the birthday day. Maybe let her buy a balloon if that is something she always asks for, or let her eat ice cream for breakfast.. A bunch of little things like that would add up to the Best Day Ever!

Sorry for all the moving stress! I hate moving..there was like a 5 year stretch where I moved several times personally and professionally...and that's just locally around here!

Thanks for the well wishes! Moving is always stressful, I just think I downplayed how much a cross country move would take outta me! Hopefully when we move next year into our first home will be the last time we move for a while!

And sorry for the Disney changes and indecision. I hope you get it figured out. I think you may have read on my PTR that we are looking into DVC and our next two trips will be 2019 and 2020. So I feel you on that.

Disney stress I can handle! I'm prepared for the curve-balls they might throw, and likely still will before the trip in September, as you well know! LOL! THe DVC is a dream, and I know we'd love it, but I don't like the idea of not going, like all the time! I would like to get in on the DVC though, cause if we're gonna go every few years at least that way we save money and get to stay deluxe!

I have 2 boys who aren't into princesses so I'm no help in that department.

:goodvibes

I'll be watching for your decisions though.

:thumbsup2

Oh and super jealous on your tall daughter! If Will had been tall enough, I think he would have really enjoyed 7DMT.

I'm shocked at how tall she is! She's not yet 3 and she's measuring at 39" now! We joke that one good growth spurt and she'll be on Everest!

Well, if you do want to cancel Akesher, which if you don't have park hoppers anymore, you probably will have to. 1900 Park Fare is probably a good alternative. We loved it when we went. But sometime that is even hard to get. I would keep looking for CRT, if you want that. They recommended to a friend of mine to check right around the 60 & 30 day marks, as folks change reservations after they get fastness slots and really start to solidify there plans.

We dropped the hoppers and added the 5th day specifically to go to Akershus and for the Anna & Elsa meet (she's a big Anna fan). I'm really torn here. We have princess stuff planned for her outside of the dinner, but that was to be her b-day dinner. I'm gonna try for the CRT and 1900 PF, just to see what I can nab. If anything I might just take her with a smaller group of us cause a table for 11 is hard anywhere you look in WDW.

The breakfast would be good as well, but I haven't seen spots for that since the 170 day mark. But again, you never know. Personally, other than the location not being so easy to get to, that would be my princess meal choice at this point.

I was able to grab that one at our 180 day mark, for our day off, so we'll brunch there and take our time. I'm most excited about that one too. I mean who doesn't love dining with a prince!

As for DD birthday. If you aren't doing tinker bell gifts each morning. Leaving out one for her birthday would be pretty magical, or maybe from all the princesses? Maybe mickey birthday ears that she can wear all day? Might be a nice way to kick off the birthday day. Maybe let her buy a balloon if that is something she always asks for, or let her eat ice cream for breakfast.. A bunch of little things like that would add up to the Best Day Ever!

Admittedly, I spoil that child as much as DH does. I do have a few little gifts for her; stickers for her nails, ears with her name on them (like mommy's), stuff like that. I think I might over do it if I get her another big gift. Little guys may be the way to, make everything a little more special rather than just one big thing on top. :cheer2:

Here We Go!!

So in all my moving maddness I somehow missed my double digit day!

But today marks 75 days until our vacation and I am dancing! Join me, won't you??

Can't belive I missed that! But here we are and we are excited!

I'm still working out some stuff for our daily plans, but I do have one day all set; our first MK day!

A basic break down:

Tuesday September 5th: Travel Day!
*Flight: Not booked... :eek: I want a 7AM flight, DH wants a 10:30AM. Mine is cheaper, we'll see who wins.
*ADRs: None... We want to take things slow this day, enjoy the resort, settle in, swim, etc, so we have zero plans.
SUGGESTIONS: DD has never flown before. We got her a book on flying and I've been searching for some videos, any suggestions on how to prep her for the flight, minus baby benadryhl (I'm joking)? I think we're gonna bring the stroller rather than rent so we have it in the airport. Does it count as a checked item if I check it at the gate? Not sure how that works.

Also, have you ever experienced Magical Express? What should I expect? Should I let them get our bags, I've heard mixed things on this one?
Wednesday September 6th: MAGIC KINGDOM HERE WE COME! :banana::stitch::tinker::mickeyjum
*Hours: 9AM-9PM; EMH 9 PM-11PM
*ADRs: CP at 7:15 PM
*FP+: haven't booked yet but I'm thinking we'll go for:
1. Peter Pan
2. SDMT
3. Mickey Mouse

I'm hoping to mostly tour FantasyLand and Tomorrowland on this day. I wanna catch the parade as well. Once the res of the family gets to Orlando, I know things will be more complicated so I want to hit our must sees this day. This will also include Happily Ever After, which I titally caved and watched live the first night. I can't wait to see this show! I was bummed about Wishes but they did a stellar job here, as always. Anywho, Hopefully we'll get outta dinner just in time to grab a spot for the show, then enjoy EMH afterwards.

I'm still on the fence about letting DD play in the water area this day. I don't know that it's the best use of time, especially when her cousin will be with her later in the week, and he will likely want to get in there with her. Thoughts?

THursday September 7th: MNSSHP!!!
*Hours: 4PM(?)-12AM
*ADRs: WCC at 2PM
*FP+:
1. Barnstormer
2. SDMT
3. ??

As this is our party night we will sleep in from our long day at MK, hang around the resort, and just take it easy. My mom arrives this evening, so she's joining us for dinner at WCC. I've been reading rumors that the 4PM entrance for the party may be changing, with the new dining set up they have on the web site. I'm hoping that's not true, but only time will tell. If it is still true, I'd like to book some fun FP+ for before the party starts, mostly for DD and DH, cause I will likely spend my time in line for Jack and Sally. DD is a HUGE fan. I'm concerned about her ability to wait in line to see them, but I also don't want to upset any other guests, what are your feelings on mom waiting then DH and DD joining the line a bit later? She'd be the only one in pictures, so there'd be no extra wait for those behind us, but I know how frustrating it can be to have someone pass you in a line you've been waiting in. I'd appreciate any feedback here.

I think J&S will be our only character meets during the party. We'll do some trick or treating, I want to buy the pin, and I'm thinking we will do the parade, Castle show, then fireworks. If DD is up for it we will stay a bit after that, but not too late as we have a split day the day after.

Here is where I will stop as I am still working out plans for the AK/Epcot day. I'm just not 100% on this day. Especially since I'm leaning towards skipping Epcot altogether, but then DD would miss Anna and Elsa, and her princess dinner. BUT if I keep the plan I have we will literally be in Epcot to eat, meet A&E, ride the ride and watch Illuminations... Not sure I wanna spend a ticket on that, plus would I need to FP A&E and the ride, thus possibly forgoing my FPs for AK? It's a mess and one I need to work out before FP day. Hopefully y'all and DH will have some insight; he and I have a Disney meeting on Sunday.

TTFM friends, hope all is right in your worlds!

We've got a Trattoria breakfast booked as well, which may have to be enough. We're a party of 11 so I don't think that CRT will open up for us. Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, you probably won't find a party 11 last minute. Maybe you should ditch some family! :rotfl2:

But today marks 75 days until our vacation and I am dancing! Join me, won't you??

:cool1:party:

*ADRs: None... We want to take things slow this day, enjoy the resort, settle in, swim, etc, so we have zero plans.

GREAT plan! While your daughter is about a year older than my son (he will be 2 on 8/26), we had a dinner on our travel day and we had a meltdown. Learned my lesson for a few years!

*SUGGESTIONS: DD has never flown before.

Our Kindle won the flight. It kept my son occupied and he was great on the flight. We also went to the dollar store beforehand and had a bunch of small toys and new books to bring out through the flight. The thought was whenever he got bored with something, we'd pull out something new. I also suggest the Earplanes (ear plugs to help with pressure). Again, your daughter is older and you should be able to get her to drink and maybe even chew gum, but when we had no plugs on the way back, we ended up with his first ever ear infection. Boo hiss.

Also, have you ever experienced Magical Express? What should I expect? Should I let them get our bags, I've heard mixed things on this one?

If you have what you need in a carry-on (swim clothes if you're swimming, for example), ABSOLUTELY let them get your bags. It is so nice to get to the airport and just jump on a bus. Yes, it takes a while to get your bags, but we just make sure we have everything we will need with us, and we're out of the room and don't notice how long it takes.

I'm still on the fence about letting DD play in the water area this day. I don't know that it's the best use of time, especially when her cousin will be with her later in the week, and he will likely want to get in there with her. Thoughts?

If she likes water, you might want to avoid the area if she isn't going to play. But yes, I know with my water baby, that would be a giant time suck.

As for AK or Epcot, I would probably stick with Epcot rather than do 2 days at AK. Also, judging from the line we saw for ROL when we were there, I highly suggest doing the dining plan or fastpasses, but I really don't like waiting hours in line.

We'll see how I fair in my first real winter... :cold:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Good luck.

We're a party of 11 so I don't think that CRT will open up for us. Decisions, decisions!
Try splitting the ADR... maybe 5 & 6 or 4, 4 & 3. We've had to do that for a few of our ADR's for 11, but that said, I've added some for more ideal times for a party of 11 even over the past couple of days, so I'm finding more availability all the time. You might also consider whether everyone wants to go to CRT? We're splitting up for that meal because not everyone just absolutely wants to go there and it is so expensive.

I will likely spend my time in line for Jack and Sally. DD is a HUGE fan. I'm concerned about her ability to wait in line to see them, but I also don't want to upset any other guests, what are your feelings on mom waiting then DH and DD joining the line a bit later? She'd be the only one in pictures, so there'd be no extra wait for those behind us, but I know how frustrating it can be to have someone pass you in a line you've been waiting in. I'd appreciate any feedback here.
I see no problem with it. If you're holding a spot and 12 people join you and everyone wants to get their own individual picture... then I'd be pissed. But a mom holding it for dad and the kid? Absolutely no problem.

BUT if I keep the plan I have we will literally be in Epcot to eat, meet A&E, ride the ride and watch Illuminations... Not sure I wanna spend a ticket on that, plus would I need to FP A&E and the ride, thus possibly forgoing my FPs for AK?
Actually... A&E aren't FP so you'd basically FP the Frozen ride and that's about it.

:dancer:party::banana::cheer2:

I'm still working out some stuff for our daily plans, but I do have one day all set; our first MK day!
Progress, right?

*SUGGESTIONS: DD has never flown before. We got her a book on flying and I've been searching for some videos, any suggestions on how to prep her for the flight, minus baby benadryhl (I'm joking)? I think we're gonna bring the stroller rather than rent so we have it in the airport. Does it count as a checked item if I check it at the gate? Not sure how that works.

I wish I had advice but I almost always drive and my kids have never flown before. They did pretty good in the car for 7-8 hours though!

*ADRs: CP at 7:15 PM
Have you done dinner before? I have not but I almost always do breakfast here. AJ says the Pooh characters are his favorite so we will definitely be doing a meal there next trip...but I thought about switching to dinner. AJ still says breakfast so we shall see....

*FP+: haven't booked yet but I'm thinking we'll go for:
1. Peter Pan
2. SDMT
3. Mickey Mouse
Good choices!

This will also include Happily Ever After, which I titally caved and watched live the first night. I can't wait to see this show! I was bummed about Wishes but they did a stellar job here, as always.
It is AMAZING!

I had put water area time in our plans but it is such a time suck that when we ended up getting off the schedule a bit, I just had us skip it. I let them run through a few times when we were in the area and we took bathroom breaks but no full out playing. They were okay with that, knowing we were on our way to another ride.

*ADRs: WCC at 2PM
We loved it! We will be back next trip!

*FP+:
1. Barnstormer
2. SDMT
3. ??
You may not need one for Barnstormer but I guess it depends on crowd levels and what you want to accomplish.

I've been reading rumors that the 4PM entrance for the party may be changing, with the new dining set up they have on the web site.
Interesting. I must be out of the loop because I haven't heard.

plus would I need to FP A&E and the ride, thus possibly forgoing my FPs for AK?
Like PP said, np FP for A&E.

Advice on flying:
If you have a tablet/ipad those work the best. I make sure to have a few movies downloaded on it and it is all charged up and that usually is all we need for the flight. Especially if she is older, then you should be good. I also stop at one of the little newstands past security and let the girls pick out whatever snack (within reason) they want to take on the plane with them. It is a fun travel tradition we have (cookies in the morning, sure :hyper:) If you don't want to use tablets/ipads, then I suggest you have a nice bag of tricks for the flight filled with coloring books, reusable stickers, maybe some wiki sticks, some new books, and anything else that would work well as a travel game.

Your stroller doesn't count as a checked item/carry-on item. You will take it with you to the gate and then get a gate tag for it from the gate agent and leave it at the end of gangway and they will store it during the flight and bring it back you at the gangway at your arrival.

Let Magical Express handle your bags, just make sure you put whatever you need for your first day in your carry on (swim stuff, etc.) We had a decent wait for Magical Express when we went this March, about 30-45 for a bus. The waiting was the hardest part (especially for the girls) but once we actually got on a bus everything was great. We got our bags about 3-4 hrs after checking in at the resort.

You and me both! It just makes the trip seem sooner. Right?

:dogdance::yay::dancer::cool1:party:

*SUGGESTIONS: DD has never flown before. We got her a book on flying and I've been searching for some videos, any suggestions on how to prep her for the flight, minus baby benadryhl (I'm joking)? I think we're gonna bring the stroller rather than rent so we have it in the airport. Does it count as a checked item if I check it at the gate? Not sure how that works.
The first time we flew with the girls, the "scarest" part was take off. Gwen cried the whole time during take off. It is hard because you have to have all electronics and whatnot stowed away. Keep something small out for her, a board book, a small coloring book. Something to distract her. Also have something for her to suck on during take off. A sip cup, lollipop... to help with the cabin pressure. My girls are older and suck on Starbursts during take off. But before that I just had them drink out of there soppy cups back in the day.

I would assume it might depend on the airline, but we flew Southwest this last trip and carseats, booster seats, & Strollers that you gate check did not count towards your checked bags. We checked the girls booster seats last time and it worked out fine, other than the fact that we had to drag them through the airport.

We have done Magical Express all 3 trips so far. And we have always let ME take our bags. And we have had no issues. I always to pack what we need for the night and next day in a carry on just in case. Maybe not a full extra day wardrobe, but a fresh shirt, toothbrush, etc. Def pack what you need for at least 4 hours after arriving at the resort.. So, bathing suits if you want to swim. But def do it! It's so so so nice, to just walk over to ME and not have to wait for your bag, lug them down a level (which you will have to do, and there are two VERY slow elevators to take you down)

They get VERY wet! If you do, bring extra clothes! I would wait till her cousin is there later in the week. It will be a good resting spot if you are traveling in a big group. Some folks can go do a ride that not everyone wants to do and some can hang out by Casey's.

I've been reading rumors that the 4PM entrance for the party may be changing, with the new dining set up they have on the web site. I'm hoping that's not true, but only time will tell.
Oh No!!!! What is the rumor? That they aren't going to let you in till 7:00, official party time? Are they talking about it on the official MNSSH party thread? I had stopped following along, I was getting to far behind.

Yeah, you probably won't find a party 11 last minute. Maybe you should ditch some family! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:11 definitely makes things a bit harder, but I think I have a solution to my concerns, more to come on that.

GREAT plan! While your daughter is about a year older than my son (he will be 2 on 8/26), we had a dinner on our travel day and we had a meltdown. Learned my lesson for a few years!

Oof, that's rough! I'm honestly less worried about DD than I am about DH. His anxiety gets bad when we travel, just a lot of moving parts involved, so less is always better.

Our Kindle won the flight. It kept my son occupied and he was great on the flight. We also went to the dollar store beforehand and had a bunch of small toys and new books to bring out through the flight. The thought was whenever he got bored with something, we'd pull out something new. I also suggest the Earplanes (ear plugs to help with pressure). Again, your daughter is older and you should be able to get her to drink and maybe even chew gum, but when we had no plugs on the way back, we ended up with his first ever ear infection. Boo hiss.

She's a little young for gum, I will totally be looking into the Earplanes! Thanks for the suggestion!

If you have what you need in a carry-on (swim clothes if you're swimming, for example), ABSOLUTELY let them get your bags. It is so nice to get to the airport and just jump on a bus. Yes, it takes a while to get your bags, but we just make sure we have everything we will need with us, and we're out of the room and don't notice how long it takes.

If she likes water, you might want to avoid the area if she isn't going to play. But yes, I know with my water baby, that would be a giant time suck.

Yeah, I fear that area. I know I could divert her once, ride the Barnstormer or something, but man alive, she'd play there all day if I let her.

As for AK or Epcot, I would probably stick with Epcot rather than do 2 days at AK. Also, judging from the line we saw for ROL when we were there, I highly suggest doing the dining plan or fastpasses, but I really don't like waiting hours in line.

We've booked at Tusker House dinner with RoL seating, so I've got that one locked down. I just kinda want another evening in AK. I know for most it's a 1/2 day park, but we adore it and used to spend 1 1/2 days there. With the addition of Pandora I think AK may become a 2 day park for us. Longer vacations in Disney, what's a girl to do?! :hyper::earseek:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Good luck.

Thanks Andy, ya know cause I'm not already freaking out about negative temperatures! :cold::worried: You northerners are just gonna have to share survival tips, other than never leave the house, which is what my mother suggested. :duck:

Try splitting the ADR... maybe 5 & 6 or 4, 4 & 3. We've had to do that for a few of our ADR's for 11, but that said, I've added some for more ideal times for a party of 11 even over the past couple of days, so I'm finding more availability all the time. You might also consider whether everyone wants to go to CRT? We're splitting up for that meal because not everyone just absolutely wants to go there and it is so expensive.

Honestly, I'm not thrilled on the idea of CRT; kinda threw it on the table if I drop Akershus for princess purposes only. I've liked it there the few times we've dined there, but it's not great, and for the cost I'd rather go elsewhere. Still working through that one, but I think I've got an idea...

I see no problem with it. If you're holding a spot and 12 people join you and everyone wants to get their own individual picture... then I'd be pissed. But a mom holding it for dad and the kid? Absolutely no problem.

Actually... A&E aren't FP so you'd basically FP the Frozen ride and that's about it.

Crud, that's gonna be a problem, I'm sure. Guess I gotta start watchin wait times, see how worth it the wait is. :confused:

Progress, right?

:thumbsup2 And I think I've made a bit more...

I wish I had advice but I almost always drive and my kids have never flown before. They did pretty good in the car for 7-8 hours though!

E's pretty good in the car as well, as long as she's occupied. We threw around the idea of driving, but it's like 20 hours from up here, which means another day or two added to the trip, which DH wasn't about. Hopefully she'll be ok, gonna look into some earplugs another poster suggested.

Have you done dinner before? I have not but I almost always do breakfast here. AJ says the Pooh characters are his favorite so we will definitely be doing a meal there next trip...but I thought about switching to dinner. AJ still says breakfast so we shall see....

Never done dinner before! We have done breakfast many times, and love it! I was concerned about doing dinner, but I read some reviews and looked on a few food blogs; looks pretty yummy to me!

I had put water area time in our plans but it is such a time suck that when we ended up getting off the schedule a bit, I just had us skip it. I let them run through a few times when we were in the area and we took bathroom breaks but no full out playing. They were okay with that, knowing we were on our way to another ride.

She's such a water baby I'm afraid she'd pitch a fit. I may pencil in some time once her cousin is with us; his mom is pregnant (yay!) so she'd probably be happy to sit there for a bit while they play.

You may not need one for Barnstormer but I guess it depends on crowd levels and what you want to accomplish.

I kinda just wanted it so we'd be in that area. Since that's our MNSSHP night the FPs are only good from 4-7 (if they don't change the entrance time). I figure I'll wait for Jack and Sally while they hang near there so they can jump in line to get a pic for DD.

Interesting. I must be out of the loop because I haven't heard.

I'm pretty sure it's just speculation, but one never knows with these things...

Like PP said, np FP for A&E.

Yeah, not pleased about that one. Gonna be quite a wait, I'm sure.

Advice on flying:
If you have a tablet/ipad those work the best. I make sure to have a few movies downloaded on it and it is all charged up and that usually is all we need for the flight. Especially if she is older, then you should be good. I also stop at one of the little newstands past security and let the girls pick out whatever snack (within reason) they want to take on the plane with them. It is a fun travel tradition we have (cookies in the morning, sure :hyper:) If you don't want to use tablets/ipads, then I suggest you have a nice bag of tricks for the flight filled with coloring books, reusable stickers, maybe some wiki sticks, some new books, and anything else that would work well as a travel game.

The tablet will be coming, lol! She's got this great math game she adores on there, so I think that'll do fine. I sorta hope she'll nap, but I don't think I'm that lucky. I like the snack idea! I bet she'd enjoy that little treat.

Your stroller doesn't count as a checked item/carry-on item. You will take it with you to the gate and then get a gate tag for it from the gate agent and leave it at the end of gangway and they will store it during the flight and bring it back you at the gangway at your arrival.

Let Magical Express handle your bags, just make sure you put whatever you need for your first day in your carry on (swim stuff, etc.) We had a decent wait for Magical Express when we went this March, about 30-45 for a bus. The waiting was the hardest part (especially for the girls) but once we actually got on a bus everything was great. We got our bags about 3-4 hrs after checking in at the resort.

Awesome
! I'm so glad to hear everyone has had a good experience with ME!

You and me both! It just makes the trip seem sooner. Right?

SO much sooner! I feel like I have a million things I need to take care of!!

The first time we flew with the girls, the "scarest" part was take off. Gwen cried the whole time during take off. It is hard because you have to have all electronics and whatnot stowed away. Keep something small out for her, a board book, a small coloring book. Something to distract her. Also have something for her to suck on during take off. A sip cup, lollipop... to help with the cabin pressure. My girls are older and suck on Starbursts during take off. But before that I just had them drink out of there soppy cups back in the day.

Good tip! I'll bring a sippy for her, but I bet she'd like a lollipop... I'm so bad. :blush:

I would assume it might depend on the airline, but we flew Southwest this last trip and carseats, booster seats, & Strollers that you gate check did not count towards your checked bags. We checked the girls booster seats last time and it worked out fine, other than the fact that we had to drag them through the airport.

We'll fly Southwest; it's the best value. Glad the stroller isn't a checked bag; one less thing to stress about!

We have done Magical Express all 3 trips so far. And we have always let ME take our bags. And we have had no issues. I always to pack what we need for the night and next day in a carry on just in case. Maybe not a full extra day wardrobe, but a fresh shirt, toothbrush, etc. Def pack what you need for at least 4 hours after arriving at the resort.. So, bathing suits if you want to swim. But def do it! It's so so so nice, to just walk over to ME and not have to wait for your bag, lug them down a level (which you will have to do, and there are two VERY slow elevators to take you down)

I've only flow through MCO once and it was to Vegas, so long before I had a stroller to lug around. I think it'd be great to not have to stress about all our bags and such, on top of the toddler and carry on stuff.

They get VERY wet! If you do, bring extra clothes! I would wait till her cousin is there later in the week. It will be a good resting spot if you are traveling in a big group. Some folks can go do a ride that not everyone wants to do and some can hang out by Casey's.

I see us waiting until her cousin is there with us. Then we can just head back to the resort if need be.

Oh No!!!! What is the rumor? That they aren't going to let you in till 7:00, official party time? Are they talking about it on the official MNSSH party thread? I had stopped following along, I was getting to far behind.

That's where I saw it, while I was trying to catch up. I honestly think it's just speculation, but you never know. And I'd be bummed if they made the entrance time 7 PM; not sure I'd consider it worth the extra $$

Crud, that's gonna be a problem, I'm sure. Guess I gotta start watchin wait times, see how worth it the wait is. :confused:
From what I've seen researching for our trip, I don't think it will be a big deal. Anna & Elsa have a large summer cottage with a lot of rooms... I haven't figured out the secret, but somehow it allows them to meet with guests a lot faster. Wait time right now, middle of the day on a summer day is posted at 20 minutes. Not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter