The V’s gifted trip to Disney 2018

macfinn

Chief planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58
hello I will start with this trip was gifted to us on Thanksgiving eve, why, was it gifted because the week before I (the Dad) was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer that started in my appendix. Yes that’s crazy , I’m 49 and never had anything before—- I’m the 1% of the population that gets appendeceal cancer. So that’s the sad story , although not that sad because I continue to feel great and the Tuesday after a great Disney trip I got great news the tumors have shrunk to more than 1/2 the original size! I say it’s from Disney pixie dust!

So we are a family of 4 Mom , me and Our 2 boys 10;14 ——- so we have the boys the news on the Friday before Xmas , the reaction was , well not so stellar —- the younger boy was over the top , the older was well not so thrilled—-he’s 14 that explains that —— so we did a great box of goodies including magic bands and tee shirts and other stuff—-

Flash to January and the kids ,especially,the oldest was starting to get excited!

We are scheduled to leave on January 26th from Providence on Southwest —- I love this airline—-comfortable and always filled with Disney people—not to mention that this airport is so easy to navigate. We got boarding A ,which I paid extra for , we settled in,I sat with the youngest , put my surgical mask on ,for my safety , however toward the end of the trip ,I got sick.....I will get into that later—— this is such an easy flight , clear day[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

AD73A8BC-C6A1-4AD6-A224-7AD83B211F4E.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BFB5B20-CF65-40C8-A0FE-0AC12A891E9A.jpeg
    2BFB5B20-CF65-40C8-A0FE-0AC12A891E9A.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 736034BF-F3D1-462A-A222-5B00DC8C6A51.jpeg
    736034BF-F3D1-462A-A222-5B00DC8C6A51.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
We land in Orlando , ah warm , get to budget to pick up the suv , what a nightmare , longest line and not enough workers at the counter , but hey we are on vacation , get the car and it was a nice dodge voyager , get the car and head to the resort —- this was a first for us renting a car and for the first 1/2 of the trip is off site at the Holiday Inn Orange Lakes Resort —- it was part of the gift —— great resort 4 golf courses —- bunch of pools —- a couple of restaurants and only 25 minutes from main gate ——- I will continue more tomorrow

Well bless your heart, dealing with so much. This trip, I'm sure, will be so magical, for everyone! Teenager included, lol!
Good news about the shrinking tumors! Pixie dust for sure!
I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip, and looking forward to reading about future, continuing tumors shrinkage!

Dawn

Hi! Following along! Great news about the tumors shrinking. Can’t wait to hear about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts