The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Thanks!

I liked the old carpet on the floors in the halls better. It was intended to portray what you would find on the floor of the forest. The new carpet doesn't seem to do that as well.

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but we were there last week and with the lobby renovation, you had to walk around the front of the hotel, to get to the villas. Either that or walk across on the 6th floor. I can't speak for the 2nd and 5th floors, but the 3rd & 4th floors were blocked between the main lobby elevators and the hallway to the villas. Not sure how much longer that phase will be in place.

These are the amenities found in the "master" bath of a 1 bedroom villa in October 2012:

villa_amenities.jpg

Each of the long boxes contain a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste. (I have not seen those before)

The bottles have a flip open top and are labeled "Disney Resorts", previously bottles had a larger screw top and were labeled "Grand Californian" with the hotel logo.

The bottles contain: Sea Salt Body Wash, Sea Salt Hydrating Body Lotion, Refreshing Mouthwash, Sea Marine Collagen Conditioner, Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo.

Each shower had another bottle of Body Wash, Conditioner, Shampoo, and a bar of Sea Salt Bath Soap (not pictured).

Hotel Amenities

Hoping for some quick help! Are these toiletries still provided in the villas? Thank you!!

I know that we can make dining reservations at 180 days plus 10 days from arrival at Disney World when staying on property. Can we make them at 60 days plus 7 days at Disneyland when staying on property, or do we have to make them by logging in each day that is 60 days out? Thanks to all your Disneyland regulars!

...Can we make them at 60 days plus 7 days at Disneyland when staying on property, or do we have to make them by logging in each day that is 60 days out?
No special benefit for staying onsite, 60 days for everyone.
Unlike WDW, reservations are easy at DLR -- I usually only book a few weeks in advance.

We stayed in a 1-bedroom villa last week. I had requested high floor, CA view. We were on the 3rd floor looking out at pine trees. We could see people on the redwood trail if we looked hard. We were a tiny bit disappointed in the view, but that went over quickly. The construction in the lobby was more bothersome. Like indicated up thread, we needed to go outside and walk in front of the hotel to access the elevator. That was a pain! There was also significant construction noise when in the lobby itself.

What was most disappointing was the lack of grocery type items in the Whitewater Snacks store. I am used to the items available in the DisneyWorld DVC properties and assumed they would be the same. We did end up buying eggs, bread, butter and bagels. They had no family size bags of potato chips or Doritos, only single serve. Interestingly, they did have family size snacks for sale in the hotel gift shop.

Our room was in good repair - no complaints on that end! However, they left no extra trash bags and we couldn't find a trash chute anywhere on our floor. Overall, a great stay!!

Back from our VGC stay. When we arrived on Sunday they had front desk area closest to the main door blocked off, including Bell services. On Tuesday they reopened that area later in the day and closed off the corner of the lobby by the gift shop. Only 1 door was accessible for the shop and you had to use the other doors on that end to exit the lobby and walk out towards Storytellers and the rest of that area. Scaffolding was set up all the way up all floors above that area and they were hammering out the old lobby wood flooring in that area yesterday.

Hi, just thinking about my groceries list and wondering what type of microwave containers are in the studio, and if there is a toaster? Thanks. Is there a list somewhere of what is in a studio?

Hi, just thinking about my groceries list and wondering what type of microwave containers are in the studio, and if there is a toaster? Thanks. Is there a list somewhere of what is in a studio?

There are only paper plates and bowls in a DVC studio. You will have ceramic mugs and glass drinking glasses too. And plastic "silverware". No containers.

So excited I was able to book 7 nights in a 1bedroom here at the 7 month mark!! After all I've read about how hard to book this place is for non-owners, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was super easy.
Now to learn all I can about how things are different on the West Coast. I've not been to Disneyland since I was a young kid. First glance looks like I won't hardly recognize the place.

So excited I was able to book 7 nights in a 1bedroom here at the 7 month mark!! After all I've read about how hard to book this place is for non-owners, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was super easy...
I have found 1-bedroom villas relatively easy to book, since the point cost is high considering the occupancy is only 5 (true of all DVC resorts).

So excited I was able to book 7 nights in a 1bedroom here at the 7 month mark!! After all I've read about how hard to book this place is for non-owners, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was super easy.

The studios are the ones that go very quickly, but the larger units are often available a few weeks after the 7 month mark.

I found Nonsuch's comment amusing that they only have an occupancy of 5. I've never had more than three people stay in one, but then again we don't have kids, and the third person is usually one of our Disney fanatic friends who crashes on the couch!

...I found Nonsuch's comment amusing that they only have an occupancy of 5. I've never had more than three people stay in one, but then again we don't have kids, and the third person is usually one of our Disney fanatic friends who crashes on the couch!
I'm happy to amuse :goodvibes
We usually only have 2 in a 1-bedroom, occasionally 1 or 2 more for a day -- if they are staying longer they need their own room.

I have found 1-bedroom villas relatively easy to book, since the point cost is high considering the occupancy is only 5 (true of all DVC resorts).
5 is WAY too many to be comfortable to me in a studio. I want comfort and relaxation when on vacation! 5 feels like plenty enough in a 1bedroom. I wouldn't want any more crammed in that space either. Lol! So I will happily book the easier to grab 1 bedrooms and enjoy their capacity limits. :)

5 is WAY too many to be comfortable to me in a studio. I want comfort and relaxation when on vacation! 5 feels like plenty enough in a 1bedroom. I wouldn't want any more crammed in that space either. Lol! So I will happily book the easier to grab 1 bedrooms and enjoy their capacity limits. :)

VGC doesn't allow 5 in the studios unless one is under the age of 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter