The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

We just stayed in a studio and although we arrived at 11:00 or so our room was not ready until 5:30. Unfortunately the young cast member at the front desk told us it would be ready at 3 pm. We were not very happy campers when we went back around 4 and found out we would have to change clothes in the public restroom before our dinner at blue bayou. Don’t count on an early check in.

...our room was not ready until 5:30. Unfortunately the young cast member at the front desk told us it would be ready at 3 pm...
Front desk CMs likely don't know when a particular room will be ready, and always just say 3PM (although for VGC they should have said 4PM).

Any speculative thoughts about booking for Star Wars Land from my fellow owners? I'm reeeeally hoping for a memorial day opening weekend. We had planned to book a few days starting May 30th. I have 45 banked points that will need to be used by June 1. We plan to book another few days in Sept in case we miss the opening. But I'm on the fence about keeping the May reservation for myself or renting out the points if we find out it won't be open. I don't really want to pay the high summer point rates for July and Aug. I suppose I could book a weekend before the rate change in June. :crazy2: I hate not knowing and just blindly trying to book.

Any speculative thoughts about booking for Star Wars Land from my fellow owners? I'm reeeeally hoping for a memorial day opening weekend. We had planned to book a few days starting May 30th. I have 45 banked points that will need to be used by June 1. We plan to book another few days in Sept in case we miss the opening. But I'm on the fence about keeping the May reservation for myself or renting out the points if we find out it won't be open. I don't really want to pay the high summer point rates for July and Aug. I suppose I could book a weekend before the rate change in June. :crazy2: I hate not knowing and just blindly trying to book.
I'm also considering booking Memorial Day for SWGE grand opening, but this will be difficult to cancel with my June use year. D23 Expo is in August, so I might wait to visit SWGE until then.

I'm also considering booking Memorial Day for SWGE grand opening, but this will be difficult to cancel with my June use year. D23 Expo is in August, so I might wait to visit SWGE until then.
If you can spare the points (or they're expiring), you should be able to rent out the reservation fairly well. I was having trouble renting my extra VGC points 11-7 months out (and everyone wants studios within 7 months!) so I just booked a memorial day weekend studio and was able to get a premium for it only a few months ago.

We have 4 nights at GCV in a few weeks and with a 3 year old will make good use of the in-room laundry. Do we need to provide our own detergent?

:wizard:

We have 4 nights at GCV in a few weeks and with a 3 year old will make good use of the in-room laundry. Do we need to provide our own detergent?

For any DVC stay I always bring a little container of the pod laundry detergent and some dryer sheets.

There should be 1 convenience size box of detergent in the room and sometimes they end up leaving 2 but that's not to be counted on. If you don't want to bring some and need more you can purchase from housekeeping or the dispenser down in the laundry room on the 1st floor.

The buzz on the Disneyland board, based on new info about block out dates for APs, is for a late June opening....

Has anyone stayed while WOC has been dark? I requested my room based on earlier posts in this thread, based on Park views, but I’m wondering if the view is disappointing with WOC down and construction. Any experiences with it? We will be in a 2 bedroom.

We stayed in room 5506 last week. Didn't put in a room request, but this room was GREAT! We could see the Paint the Night parade from the room. Now, obviously it's much better in the parks, but it was neat to see. Here's the view of the park at night.

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpg
    IMG_2565.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 51
Anyone ever use the pack and plays that are in the rooms? Are they decent and in good shape?

I am posting this in hopes that my new VGC neighbors will be able to help me out (it feels pretty good to say that, I have to admit :)). We just bought a contract and will close late july/early august at the latest. Our contract has banked points from 2017 that will expire next June. We already had a trip booked for the end of October before we decided to buy, so are kind of stuck. I really don't want to sell the points and would much rather use them. My family is holding on to hope that there is/will be something available when our points are loaded in August. I however am more realistic as this will be in the 2-3 month out booking window. But before I tell them to put that idea to bed, I thought id see if one of our new neighbors (yep, still feels pretty good :hyper:) would be able to check on the system for me and see if there is currently anything available. Arrive 10/21, Depart 10/24. We need a 2 bedroom villa, which is the only reason there may be a chance. If there is already nothing available then I can break it to them softly. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it, either post here or PM me. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter