The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I send a list of 10 villas and usually get one of the top 5. Requests should be sent in advance to DVC Member Services, and must be sent by the owner.
(the map linked in my signature should help you create a list of villas)
Never tried this methodology before, I usually stay WDW and have only ever got my request 25% of the time (pretty generic request also).
I will give it a try- not staying until late July so maybe do it a month before.

That looks v nice, problem is I suppose it means someone checking out the day I arrive. Would you also recommend something more generic like ‘high floor pool view’ as well?
I had a high floor direct pool view (studio) and it was extremely loud (I thought the park view would have been likely quieter; I could hear the music with the door closed). It was because they have live bands that are playing now at the Craftsman Grill which went on for about 4-5 hours starting around 5-6 PM if I remember correctly. This was a weekend night though.

We booked simply on past dates, no insider info. We will cancel the other Thursday if we are correct with one of them. We await the DVC gods and their date benevolence. Hard to understand why WDW dates are know for 2020 and DLR is still a mystery. Good luck To us all 😀
Anyone know what is going on Dec 6, 2020? I notice it is the only date booked up for studio AND 1 bedroom... Anxiously awaiting 2020 Moonlight Magic Date announcement for Disneyland!

Anyone know what is going on Dec 6, 2020? I notice it is the only date booked up for studio AND 1 bedroom... Anxiously awaiting 2020 Moonlight Magic Date announcement for Disneyland!
Is that when the Candlelight processional usually is? The 6th is a Sunday, and I don't think Moonlight Magic events are on Sundays, at least with what I recall seeing.

Might be related. Candlelight Processional is usually the first weekend in December, both Saturday and Sunday. So that would be the 5th and 6th.

Apologies in advance, as I’m sure this has been asked before, but I’m struggling to get floor plan images to load...
We have a studio booked, what’s the best request to make for a park view, e.g. is there certain language I should use, room numbers I should quote, etc?

Hi, all! :wave2: This past Thursday I was able to book for August and sooooo excited! :cool1: Lot of points since only 2 bedroom available though.

Have some questions since it’s been awhile since we have been able to do the villas at the Grand californian.
1. If I get Vons grocery delivery, will the hotel charge a service fee for receiving them if villa isn’t ready yet? I know the order can’t have alcohol if I’m not present.
2. Have you used other grocery companies for delivery? How was your experience? Has anyone used Ralph’s?
3. I tried once the early walk at 6:00 at California adventure. If my daughter is willing to get up early with me, will they question her age or do a look up on reservation? I think the minimum is 14 and she will be 13.
4. Plan on cooking few meals in kitchen. Last visit in villas was 2014. I remember the pans weren’t nonstick. Is it still the same? (Trying to figure out if I should bring my own...we are locals passholders and driving over.)

Thanks in advance!!!:thanks:

3. Did it Jan 6. Very chill. No to both.

Apologies in advance, as I’m sure this has been asked before, but I’m struggling to get floor plan images to load...
We have a studio booked, what’s the best request to make for a park view, e.g. is there certain language I should use, room numbers I should quote, etc?
vgc exterior room numbers.jpg
These are the rooms that face Pixar Pier. Yellow room numbers are studios. Please note this is an old picture (not mine) and the trees are significantly higher than when this was taken. I always send a room request with 5-6 specific room numbers and I've always been assigned one of those rooms. No guarantees of course.

These are the rooms that face Pixar Pier. Yellow room numbers are studios. Please note this is an old picture (not mine) and the trees are significantly higher than when this was taken.
The trees are much higher, I'll try to take a new photo next visit :idea:

These are the rooms that face Pixar Pier. Yellow room numbers are studios. Please note this is an old picture (not mine) and the trees are significantly higher than when this was taken. I always send a room request with 5-6 specific room numbers and I've always been assigned one of those rooms. No guarantees of course.
Perfect, thank you!

New VGC owner pending and noted that Sept is especially heavily sold already on the studios. Something happening all month?

New VGC owner pending and noted that Sept is especially heavily sold already on the studios. Something happening all month?
As soon as you hit the 7 month mark almost everything will be completely sold out because everyone who owns any DVC can book. It also starts the Halloween time activities and decorations. People also like to go when it is more of the "off season" and the points per night are less. Congratulations on your new purchase!

Last edited:
Yeah, this is 8 months though so owners all piling on in Sept and wondering the why beyond the initial drop of Halloween overlays. It's well into the school year and mostly mid-week all taken so that intrigued me.

Yeah, this is 8 months though so owners all piling on in Sept and wondering the why beyond the initial drop of Halloween overlays. It's well into the school year and mostly mid-week all taken so that intrigued me.
Oh yeah, I counted months wrong, sorry. My guess is the big point difference, crowds supposedly being lower and Halloween time. Possibly something to do with CA annual passes being open on those days, too? I'm not a CA resident, so I never concern myself much with that, but I know right before they get blocked and right after they get unblocked, the parks are busier.

I've been very successful requesting 5 room numbers. For 1 bedrooms, 6502, 5502, 4502, 5508, 4508. I got 5502 twice but one time got 2522, which was a view of nothing. Luck of the draw.

Lowest point season + Halloween time at DLR = studios booked! The Halloween festivities are incredibly popular, and the cheapest (with AP discount) OBB parties start mid-September. I’m personally pretty stingy with my VGC points and opt for lower points seasons.

I believe CP dates were booked right at 11 months/probably even walked. Basically if you’re a VGC owner wanting September through December in a studio, book ASAP!😅

Lowest point season + Halloween time at DLR = studios booked! The Halloween festivities are incredibly popular, and the cheapest (with AP discount) OBB parties start mid-September. I’m personally pretty stingy with my VGC points and opt for lower points seasons.

I believe CP dates were booked right at 11 months/probably even walked. Basically if you’re a VGC owner wanting September through December in a studio, book ASAP!😅
Thought so much as that's the reason, just surprised M-Th booked without a weekend demand which we tend to go since we still have school kids --- nearly gone and a reason for US buying DVC now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter