The Void: Star Wars VR

Hi there- does anyone know if the Secrets of the Empire VR experience will still be running at Disney Springs beyond Feb 14? if you go the the vendor website (The Void) they don't have any ticket options beyond then
Thanks for any insight

Cheers
Martin
I asked and they told me it's a pretty permanent location and expected to open up more reservations soon

We are hoping to do this at the end of February. I think it will get expensive. I can't see my DS just doing it once, or even twice.....

I obviously don't know your son, but here was my experience with my 9 yo :ssst: son. When we finished the first time, he was elated. He was jumping up and down and asked to do it again. I relented, and the Void crew let us go again (after paying, of course). The second time was still thoroughly enjoyable, and you got to pay attention to some things you might've missed (or done wrong) the first time because the mission is the exact same every time. When we finished, he was still very excited, but he didn't ask me to do it a third time.

Even if it's the same adventure, we'll probably still do it again on our next visit. But, if there were a different Star Wars adventure, we definitely would do it again.

On the other question about glasses, my son wears bulky sports glasses. They had no impact on wearing the VR gear.

What a great thread on this experience I had made a note to check it out, but now I just booked tickets and can’t wait. DH, DS(12), myself ... and my father... he is over 70, would this experience still be okay for him? Is it very aggressive physically? Require lots of exertion? Just checking, even if he doesn’t “help” too much I think he will love the technology...thoughts? Thanks!

What a great thread on this experience I had made a note to check it out, but now I just booked tickets and can’t wait. DH, DS(12), myself ... and my father... he is over 70, would this experience still be okay for him? Is it very aggressive physically? Require lots of exertion? Just checking, even if he doesn’t “help” too much I think he will love the technology...thoughts? Thanks!

In "real life" you're just walking around a room on a flat floor. There's no running or climbing or anything like that.

My husband and sons are excited. I just booked tickets for our April trip.

So glad I saw that they released more dates. We want to go February 28 but I’m not sure what time yet. Is it free cancellation? How long do you think until it sells out?

Disney should be incorporating more VR. Epcot would be a perfect place to show the technology off

My DH would love to do this, me not so much. Hoping it’ll still be there in September & maybe he can do it with others while I shop. Or maybe I’ll suck it up & do it with him :p

How strictly enforced is the age limit? Do they ask for DOB? I know height limits are hardline enforced at Disney (and agree with that policy!), but it doesn't sound like age is a safety issue here so long as the person can comfortably carry the weight of the gear. I've got an 8 yo who is at least 1-2" above the 48" minimum mentioned on the website.

How strictly enforced is the age limit? Do they ask for DOB? I know height limits are hardline enforced at Disney (and agree with that policy!), but it doesn't sound like age is a safety issue here so long as the person can comfortably carry the weight of the gear. I've got an 8 yo who is at least 1-2" above the 48" minimum mentioned on the website.
We’re taking a 9 yo and are just writing her dob different on the waiver. She will be 10 a month after our visit.

I posted this on another thread, "In our first group, it was the 2 of us, plus a 66 & 67 year old couple. When we were done, the woman went up to a Void worker and said, "My husband's 67, and I'm 66. You can tell everyone that we thoroughly enjoyed it.""

To answer your specific questions: No, it is not aggressive physically. No, it doesn't require lots of exertion.

With that said, some VR experiences warn that VR might affect elderly people different than younger people.

From the reviews that I've read, meeting the height requirement is more important. People have been fudging the kids ages as long as their 48".

I'm going to try to book this the day we board our Star Wars Day at Sea cruise. We'll have to do it in the morning to board in the afternoon but want to go ahead and book two sessions to get the most we can out of it. How close can I get the times? I'm thinking 45 minutes, like 10 and 10:45.

I'm going to try to book this the day we board our Star Wars Day at Sea cruise. We'll have to do it in the morning to board in the afternoon but want to go ahead and book two sessions to get the most we can out of it. How close can I get the times? I'm thinking 45 minutes, like 10 and 10:45.
That sounds doable

What is the refund policy if we have to cancel? Would love to book for the day we get back from our cruise but not sure at this point what time of day to book.

Anyone know if you can do a walk-up or if you have to book in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!