The Void: Star Wars VR

It’s a series of small rooms with doors, not one room. In the instructions, they inform you that you can push your glasses up at any time if you need to.

We loved it -- LOVED it. With that said, we waited almost an hour in the front area before we got to go in for instructions, etc. We had a pre-reserved time, but I guess they were super busy/behind that night. We were pretty grumpy waiting, but all that melted away once we actually got into the experience -- which is mind-blowing.

How typical is this, for those who have done it? I really don’t want to have to build in that much time...
Also looking for this information....I wanted to do this prior to an ADR and allowed 1 1/2 hours, but if waiting an hour is the norm...I don't want to chance missing the ADR.

I know others have fudged the DOB for kids, but I was wondering how much is too much to fudge the DOB? DS exceeds the height restriction by at least 2.5" but he's a skinny kid, he only weighs 50 lbs. Is the age limit due to the weight of the gear or more the intensity. He watched Ready Player One this weekend and would love to participate in something like this.

I know others have fudged the DOB for kids, but I was wondering how much is too much to fudge the DOB? DS exceeds the height restriction by at least 2.5" but he's a skinny kid, he only weighs 50 lbs. Is the age limit due to the weight of the gear or more the intensity. He watched Ready Player One this weekend and would love to participate in something like this.

The age limit is due to the weight of the gear. I think it would be heavy for a 50lb child. I was surprised when they put it on me how heavy it was. ALthough, I admit I am small in stature, only 5 ft tall.

Also looking for this information....I wanted to do this prior to an ADR and allowed 1 1/2 hours, but if waiting an hour is the norm...I don't want to chance missing the ADR.

Groups of 4 are taken in at, I think, 5-minute intervals.

My wife and I went in the evening back in January, and were able to walk up. We waited 10-15 minutes, and then there was another 10 minutes or so of orientation and prep. That was a slow season, though, so it may be a lot longer at busier times!

We really, really, really enjoyed the experience!!

Groups of 4 are taken in at, I think, 5-minute intervals.

My wife and I went in the evening back in January, and were able to walk up. We waited 10-15 minutes, and then there was another 10 minutes or so of orientation and prep. That was a slow season, though, so it may be a lot longer at busier times!

We really, really, really enjoyed the experience!!

We waited 30 minutes past our ticket time when we were there in December before we were even taken in and then waited another good 10 minutes once we got in the room where they put the gear on to actually enter the VR experience after our gear was on.
Also we were early and they sent us away until our ticket time.

Can a reservation be cancelled easily and without penalty if you end up not being able to go? We'd like to do this experience, but I'm not sure when. We may have to just try and book it day of, unless there is a friendly cancellation policy.

Can a reservation be cancelled easily and without penalty if you end up not being able to go? We'd like to do this experience, but I'm not sure when. We may have to just try and book it day of, unless there is a friendly cancellation policy.

Their info says you can cancel up to 30 minutes before your reservation time.

On March 19, we showed up at 5pm for a 6pm reservation, and they were able to take us in right away. By 6pm, we were through and on our way. Since only 3 of the 7 grandkids were with us on this trip, I'm sure we'll be doing it again for the other 4 in the future. We thought it was well worth it.

I posted this on another thread. My son is super skinny (he has abs!!), and it wasn't a problem.

"Not naming names, but someone took their almost 9 year old 51" tall son to Secrets of the Empire at the Void in Disney Springs. The son loved it so much that he asked to do it again immediately, and, in a moment of weakness, his dad agreed.

It was slightly awkward to put on the gear because it is hanging on a hook that was too tall for the 51" tall boy, but the Void workers were very helpful. The gear is slightly heavy, so the Void workers advised that if you need help or get tired to just raise your hand while you're in the experience.

I mention these slight inconveniences just to be transparent and give others information. By slight, I mean slight, negligible, almost non-existent. The boy had an AMAZING time and named it as one of the highlights of his trip. He didn't have any complaints about the experience."

Awesome!! Thanks so much!!! My DS will be so excited!! DH and I plan to go with him so putting the gear on shouldn't be an issue!

Just did the Void in Toronto today! So much fun, now we can’t wait to try it again in Orlando in July.

How are the helmets for someone with a large head? Are they adjustable? Tight? Thanks! Thinking of booking this, so thought I'd ask first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter