The walking dead amc #2

I live in NC and the one and only blizzard we've had this year happened December 8th. Last year we had a snow and ice storm in early March.
I live in NC too and yes. This is true. ANd then there was another time we drove north to MD and by the time we got to Richmond there was snow on the ground from a storm we didn't get in NC. Can't remember what month that was. We drove up to MD for Thanksgiving, mid Dec to get DDs from college in PA, Xmas and then in Jan to go on cruise out of B-More and drop DDs off at college afterwards. Had to be one of those. Also the year before, we were at Disney for New Yera's Eve and a snow hit the day we were supposed to drive home to NC. It hit along our route home, like GA and SC and NC. We extended our stay a couple days to avoid it. And there wasn't really anything 2 days later, when we drove home.

I agree. It has to be Dec or Jan if snowing in VA. Maybe they had an unusually warm Dec thus far. But then the snow wouldn't stick. Stupid writers. They just sat around and said "wouldn't it be cool if we added a 'winter is coming' line since GOT is about to start? And then show them in a blizzard like GOT is about to be in with all the white walkers. We can show our version. Yeah, that would be cool". DUMB!

So there have been big snows in Nov, In Richmond, but a long time ago and not very many. There is a chart in this article that shows biggest snowfall in one day for Richmond VA. Mostly Dec and Jan and a few Feb and March. Very few April and I noted a couple Nov back in 53 and farther. Since Alpha said winter is coming....it can't be Feb or March. I am guessing Nov. I guess they don't celebrate Thanksgiving or maybe they'd have done the Fair with a T-Day theme. So we must suspend our disbelief I suppose...yet again.

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/USA/VA/Richmond/extreme-annual-richmond-snowfall.php

I am going to rewatch the episode, because like a PP said, it was the 1st time in a long time I was shocked, and saddened. My theory is, and I will pay closer attention when I rewatch, is the pipes. The pipes were banging and that's when Henry left Lydia. we then notice other people knew about the pipe situation, because Gerry mentioned it to his wife. We see Alpha meeting King Zeke, and innocently making comments about things she overheard others say, so he thinks she is a true resident of Hilltop. She asks his of something, I don't recall, but she needs his help, he throws his arm around her and they walk off. We don't see him again until the end when Lydia runs up and tells him her mom was there and Henry was missing. (I thought for sure is was going to be his head Carol saw, since he got it in the comic)

What if, Alpha, as the citizen of Hilltop asked for his help, and he rounds up a few people he sees along the way, and they go off with Alpha? Why he wouldn't go too would be the wrench in that hole plotline, but it might be what happened. It had to do with the pipes. I don't know why the teenagers would have been there, but maybe they thought they could help in someway.

This is a huge plot hole, because Alpha was "dressed up" as Hilde from Hilltop Colony (even having gone so far as to scalp Hilde's real hair into a makeshift wig).

So, at the very least -- Tara, Enid, Tammy, Rodney, and Addy all should have blatantly recognized that Hilde wasn't "herself." In fact, we even saw Alpha consciously turn away from Tammy/Earl when they walked past her with baby Adam.

Frankie (having moved to Alexandria) never would have met the real Hilde, so she wouldn't have known the difference one way or the other.

Henry, I assumed, was lured away from everybody by hearing the banging pipes. Alpha probably ambushed him and knocked him out.

Presumably, Alpha must have found a blindspot near the perimeter of The Kingdom through which she would have dragged each person out of the faire. I would also assume that she had a bunch of Whisperer minions waiting in the woods, so they could carry each kidnapped person off to the stable while Alpha went back to kidnap more people.

The problem I have is that it just seems logistically implausible that Alpha could lure Tara, Enid, Tammy, Rodney, and Addy far enough away from the faire to incapacitate them and hand them off to the other Whisperers. I would guess she'd have to abduct each of them separately, unless some of them happened to be in pairs when she'd encountered them (e.g. Rodney/Addy, Tara/Enid). But even then, if she encountered a duo/pair of Hilltoppers together, wouldn't that make it even HARDER for her to abduct both members of the pair simultaneously?

I suppose it's also possible that Alpha had a few other co-conspirators (other Whisperers) dressed up in the slain Hilltoppers' (from the beginning of the episode) clothes...but it still seems a bit too coincidental that four of seven original abductees were longtime Hilltoppers. Alpha must have done a lot of Intel to piece together who might be from the same community that had housed Lydia.

Some of the deaths seemed pretty random...but were they? Conceivably, Alpha recognized Tara from when she came to Hilltop's gates for Lydia. Alpha might have also remembered catching a glance at Enid, when they made the Alden/Luke/Lydia trade and Enid went to hug Alden. She saw Frankie talking with Henry, and may have just assumed Frankie was a Hilltopper for that reason. She also probably saw Lydia -- from a distance -- talking with both Rodney and Addy at some point. Clearly, she saw Tammy holding baby Adam (whom Connie had saved).

What's most sickening is that, once Alpha returned to the stable, she probably forced Henry to watch her decapitate the other nine victims...and then saved Henry's kill for last. :(

Enid was the most shocking death, for me. Honestly, I saw Tara's death in this specific manner coming several seasons ago. Having read the pike scene from the comics, I suspected they would replace Rosita's pike death with Tara, when adapting it to the TV show. If you think about it, that's some dark irony: Tara ended up dying in the exact same manner in which she'd witnessed Hershel die, back in Season 4.

BTW, did anybody notice an "aged-up" Rachel (obviously recast with a new actress, to reflect the time jump), during the signing of the charter? Pretty clever.

I assumed that, as she did with the King, Alpha made contact with each person individually and had some excuse for them to lead her off somewhere. Maybe the king was supposed to be a victim too, but something else transpired that foiled her plan. Perhaps someone needed him for another matter before they even walked too far. I also expected her to kill her daughter for her betrayal of their group. But having let her daughter live, maybe that affords a little more protection for the Kingdom or whenever she ultimately resides, at least against a full blown assault of some kind.

I felt sorry for Carol, going through the loss of a child again, and that the highwaymen never got to see any movies!

Side question -- has been bugging me since the time jump: Is anyone else perplexed as to WHY IN THE WORLD they don't have a crew working 24/7 making bullets with Eurgene's knowledge rather than running around with slingshots?!??!
Because bullets make noise and draw walkers. So they prefer to use silent weapons.

just have to say, as a native New Englander, I was totally disappointed in the "blizzard"... there was barely any snow on the ground, they were all panicking about being on the road and it was barely a dusting, I could see trying to plow through an 18 inch Nor'easter, but that was no blizzard, that was a snow squall.... and what the heck did they do with the horses? Leave them at sanctuary? Sigh, kinda boring... even with a little sadomasochistic Alpha-Beta play at the end.

It felt like last week should have been the finale and the episode last night should have been the season opener.

How did he whisperers survive the storm? They made it seem like they would die if they stayed put in the Sanctuary. In the end Beta and Alpha were in warm weather with no snow. Did they go south or was that some sort of time jump? All the back and forth jumping time confuses me.

I guess they were forced to leave the wagons and horses because they would have broken through the ice. Plus, they could have attracted Alphas attention since they are noisy and slow moving.

The whisperers went south.

The wind sure was blowing in that little snow storm.

Didn't like them trying to be all GOT with white walkers. Stay in your lane, TWD.

Couldn't hear what Negan said to Judith. Oh, and now Judith is the next annoying kid I want gone. She, at least, needs a good smack bottom.

Speaking of Negan...he's been redeemed, has he, show??? NOT for many viewers. Try as you might, we still remember. Show likes GOT so much...so...'the north remembers'.

Them all running around in the snow. Why? Silly and didn't make sense.

Carol leaving Zeke. What? I guess we know who will run Hilltop. Her and Daryl. And she now has another kid to mother. God help that kid (Carol's kids don't fare too well). I guess Connie is out now that Carol is in. Poor King Zeke. He's lost a lot too, Carol.

Don't get the S&M crap with Alpha and Beta. Where is that going? Or was it just to show what messed up ducks they are?

Did they say the Whisperers went south? I must have missed that.

I think Beta whipping Alpha was because she felt she was getting weak. She had many emotions about Lydia leaving, even weeping which is NOT okay with her. She wanted to be strong again, which to Alpha means not feeling emotions. I guess this was her way of accomplishing that.

Will we ever see Beta with no mask?

Don't get the S&M crap with Alpha and Beta. Where is that going? Or was it just to show what messed up ducks they are?

I perceived this as Alpha feeling weak, so the whipping was done to make her stronger. Similar to what she did with Lydia.

I missed where things went awry between Ezekiel and Carol. How/when did Carol make the decision to go to Hilltop, and without Ezekiel? I caught that Ezekiel was asking Darryl to leave them alone (and take Lydia with them), but missed when Carol sided with Darryl, I guess.

Who do we think was on the other end of the radio at the end? Maggie or Jadis perhaps?

Radio was Ezekial and Judith. Not sure at the end where it was static and someone said something. What did they say?

Carol said something about Ezekial not letting himself blame her but he really does? I guess that's why she left. ??

I was disappointed that the episode was only an hour. Usually the Finale is at least 90minutes-2 hours.

They didn't really show why or how they got to this point but Carol told Zeke she had to leave and he said he understood why. She took off ring and handed it to him but he didn't take it back.

I am guessing it's Maggie on the radio. Could be Jadis as I heard a rumor that Rick is coming back. Folks on my other forum joked it was Lori on the radio.

The whisperers going south thing I read about on other forum. Said we'd hear about it on Talking Dead but I am not waiting through whatever other show AMC is pushing to get to crappy Chris Harwick and TTD. So I am not sure if it was discussed. That bugs me, though. How they have to tell us what the heck they were intending....on TTD.

I think the voice was Maggie. I heard her show Whiskey something is not doing well.

She was smart, she somehow worked it out so she could leave WD but not really leave so she could "test out" another show. I guess if the show was a success she would have left WD?

My guess would be Maggie too. I also heard her show did not do well, so would make sense she would come back.

I also was confused about the Whisperers and how they could have survived the winter, but I assume they must go south, which begs the question, why not stay in the south since they choose to live a life outdoors, would make more sense. Unless they like the concept of being snowbirds.

Anyway I didn't mind the show last night, I think it was more to set up for next season, which is fine. I really hate the cliffhanger endings since the show has such a long hiatus, by the time it starts up again I forget what the heck the cliffhanger was and don't even care anymore.

Carol and Ezekiel makes sense a lot of couples split after a loss of a child, sad but true. Hopefully they will work it out.

That was THE most boring season finale EVER! I kept waiting for something to happen. At 10:05, I was like, okay, something's gotta happen in the next five minutes, right??? Nope!

I was very confused as to where Alpha and Beta were at the end. No snow. I don't and shouldn't have to watch TTD to figure out what's going on.

Radio was Ezekial and Judith. Not sure at the end where it was static and someone said something. What did they say?

Yes, I was referring to the voice at the end with the static, which was the cliffhanger. I don't think anyone could make out what they said, and now we need to wait until next season to find out who it was.

Yes, I was referring to the voice at the end with the static, which was the cliffhanger. I don't think anyone could make out what they said, and now we need to wait until next season to find out who it was.
I heard "Hello... ?????????? Is anybody out there?".

I heard "Hello... ?????????? Is anybody out there?".

I watch with closed captioning and that is what was said. I think it was Maggie. I agree that the episode before should have been the finale. Then again, I never expect much anymore. It’s more of a tradition for DH and I to watch on Sunday nights.

All of the characters are so blah now. I think the actress playing Lydia is doing a good job with what she is given. DH called the whole Negan saving Judith from something after last weeks episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter