The walking dead amc #2

I'm thinking there just aren't many bullets left. Yes, Eugene is making them, but how many can he make. He doesn't have a mass production plant. So I imagine bullets are a premium and they use them as a last resort at this point. Plus, how long do guns last, it's been 10 years. Do guns need constant maintenance, like oiling, etc. otherwise they'll rust or just not work??? We saw Alpha with a gun, but does it work, she has never pulled the trigger, could just be a scare tactic.

We haven't seen Eugene making bullets since back at Sanctuary with Negan, right? They let that story line drop away.

Exactly I'm just assuming Eugene is still making them, but who knows, we have not seen him making them or anyone making them for that matter.

That's why I started out back in this thread saying that if it were me, I'd have a rotating crew working 24/7 on bullet-making. Obviously Eugene doesn't have to be the only one doing it.

But like I said, I think this show runner is just going for a different esthetic. And almost like they had a writers' meeting and said: "so let's assume they run out of bullets -- what kinds of nifty weapons can we make these new characters experts with??". Like it's for their fun and desire to tell a story than any desire to do what people might ACTUALLY do in these circumstances when they have bullet-making expertise.

Just one of the many reasons the show nosedived. It's no longer about what people might ACTUALLY do in the face of an apocalypse. It's a series of contrived scenarios to set up "cool" action sequences and unique zombies, and personal soap operas (a love quandrangle, for the love of Pete).

Just one of the many reasons the show nosedived. It's no longer about what people might ACTUALLY do in the face of an apocalypse. It's a series of contrived scenarios to set up "cool" action sequences and unique zombies, and personal soap operas (a love quandrangle, for the love of Pete).

So much is ridiculous with the show now. I don't know if I'll watch in the fall, when it comes back.

Here are my thoughts.
1) It's been 11 years. They clearly know how to control the walkers, why haven't they moved back into neighborhoods? All of the communities are great, but only have resources for so many people. Branch out, clear out the houses, start finding resources to advance.
2) Why are there still so many walkers left? After 11 years, they should have decomposed to the point of being unable to move on the ground.
3) WHERE did all the horses come from and how are they feeding them and taking care of them?
4) Season 10 needs to be the last season.

1) It's been 11 years. They clearly know how to control the walkers, why haven't they moved back into neighborhoods? All of the communities are great, but only have resources for so many people. Branch out, clear out the houses, start finding resources to advance.

Do you mean like back into houses that have been abandoned for 11 years? The housing in the communities have been built up and maintained. They have forms of electricity and running water. This isn't something they'd have if they went back to "normal" houses elsewhere. In addition, people in this world seem to do better in numbers, both for security against walkers and "bad" people who just want to steal from them, but also from the perspective of thriving with growing food, maintenance, camaraderie. The communities are their best chance at some semblance of normalcy.

I agree that the communities seem much safer than just going at it alone or just finding a random house and claiming it as your own somewhere with no community. Safety in numbers. There is no more "law and order" no more courts and justice systems, so there are very bad groups out there lurking. they are far safer if like-minded people stick together. They work together to create a community with food, water, medical, safety, school etc. I suppose the more people that join them, the more they can branch out and create more communities.

So much is ridiculous with the show now. I don't know if I'll watch in the fall, when it comes back.

Here are my thoughts.
2) Why are there still so many walkers left? After 11 years, they should have decomposed to the point of being unable to move on the ground.
3) WHERE did all the horses come from and how are they feeding them and taking care of them?
4) Season 10 needs to be the last season.

I don't know about y'all, but I sure miss Funny or Die's most ridiculous articles. Dash would've had a field day with S9!!! :rotfl:

Do you mean like back into houses that have been abandoned for 11 years? The housing in the communities have been built up and maintained. They have forms of electricity and running water. This isn't something they'd have if they went back to "normal" houses elsewhere. In addition, people in this world seem to do better in numbers, both for security against walkers and "bad" people who just want to steal from them, but also from the perspective of thriving with growing food, maintenance, camaraderie. The communities are their best chance at some semblance of normalcy.

I agree that the communities seem much safer than just going at it alone or just finding a random house and claiming it as your own somewhere with no community. Safety in numbers. There is no more "law and order" no more courts and justice systems, so there are very bad groups out there lurking. they are far safer if like-minded people stick together. They work together to create a community with food, water, medical, safety, school etc. I suppose the more people that join them, the more they can branch out and create more communities.

Ok, I get that, but at what point can we safely say that the apocalypse is over and they know have to clean up and start moving towards a future? They no longer have running water, electricity, gas, medicine (I assume most meds will have expired by now). So, I'm thinking they have to build themselves back up from the primitive man. They need to live like they did on the 16-1700's. Farm the land without power equipment. Find a way to create resources again. 1st and foremost, build a jail (they have one in Alexandria) and appoint lawmen. Start arresting these "bad guys".

I guess I am putting way to much thought into something that is fictional. I am just trying to think if it did happen IRL, what would it take to rebuild society? I'm not talking about zombie stuff, I'm talking REAL threats, like a terror attack so bad it wipes us out. Biological warfare,nuclear bombs, etc.

Also, another question about the tv show. The walkers are just dead, decomposing flesh. Why are the buzzards and vultures not attached to them, eating them as they walk? LOL

at what point can we safely say that the apocalypse is over and they know have to clean up and start moving towards a future?
They need to live like they did on the 16-1700's. Farm the land without power equipment.

But isn't that exactly what they are doing? They have a decent size farm operation, and all those people have managed to survive for the last however many years. The people Maggie went off to join seem to have the knowledge to build an even more sophisticated farm with actual plans and documents for re-building. So this is all definitely happening.

They no longer have running water, electricity, gas, medicine

They do somehow have water and electricity in the homes. I agree medicine should seemingly be expired and gas should no longer be good, but they somehow have both - I think that's where the television suspension of disbelief comes in.

As far as laws, I think we're seeing the start of that with the inter-community document that was signed. These communities are akin to different states, and now they're coming together to sign one agreement (i.e. constitution). So I think they're trying to establish law & order. But try telling that to someone like Alpha.

Ok, I get that, but at what point can we safely say that the apocalypse is over and they know have to clean up and start moving towards a future? They no longer have running water, electricity, gas, medicine (I assume most meds will have expired by now). So, I'm thinking they have to build themselves back up from the primitive man. They need to live like they did on the 16-1700's. Farm the land without power equipment. Find a way to create resources again. 1st and foremost, build a jail (they have one in Alexandria) and appoint lawmen. Start arresting these "bad guys".

I think they are moving that way. they are trying to farm, trying have a sense of law and order, trying to set up trading, trying to have a governing council, trying to set up schools etc. But they have to do it within the walls of the communities. As they communities grow, they will expand. Everything outside the gates of the community is like the wild west. Like a pp said, it's not like the Alphas, Governors and Negans (when he was leading the saviors) are going to come together and sign a peace treaty. But as the communities grow, they will soon outnumber the Alphas running around out there.

I always wonder about the cars. I would think that the gasoline would all be bad by now. Although, lately they have been using horses, I don't recall them using cars recently.

We have finally caught up over here!

I had a love/hate relationship with this episode. I was glad to be shocked for the first time in a while but I hated the time hopping and was very confused by the characters in the beginning. Have we even seen these people before, LOL? It was like they brought in new characters just to have someone to kill. And I was also not believing they were able to sneak so many people out without anyone noticing.
I always notice when the start focusing on peripheral characters it's because they want us to care when they die. In the episodes before Abraham dies he had more screen time than almost all his time before.

Carol leaving Zeke. What?
I know, I dont like it.

Will we ever see Beta with no mask?
DH pointed out that Beta is Opie from SOA.

How they have to tell us what the heck they were intending....on TTD.

Yes a strong storyline shouldnt need another show to explain to us what is going on.

I'll remember to try that next season. Does anyone know what Carol said to Ezekiel after he said he would always love her??

Not me, we rewound several times trying to work it out.

I agree that I dont understand why the Whisperers are a problem all of sudden, and it seems illogical to me that Alpha got them all out on her own.
I assume it is a time jump that showed Alpha and Beta at the end because it makes no sense they survived living outside there through the winter.
But I also assume that them cutting through the territory is going to come up.as a problem, and it cant if they weren't there to know.

Meant to say too that ot seemed that they are trying to redeem Negan, and he just cant be, you cant be forgiven for that kind of evil.
I would have liked it if he had died saving Judith, I thought that might have been where they were going when he started taking off layers to give to Judith

Meant to say too that ot seemed that they are trying to redeem Negan, and he just cant be, you cant be forgiven for that kind of evil.
I would have liked it if he had died saving Judith, I thought that might have been where they were going when he started taking off layers to give to Judith
I heard he’s redeemed in the comics. And honestly, he’s perhaps the only compelling actor left on that show so I welcome his redemption. :)

Bumping to get ready for Sunday. This is the 1st time in 8 years that I am not counting down the days until the season premiere. I was so disappointed with the last two seasons, if it doesn't get better, I am giving up on it. The trailers look like the show may be able to redeem itself. We shall see.

Last edited:
The producer's have confirmed that Maggie will return next season. I don't know what good it will do if this season stays dead in the water. I think this is the last rodeo for most folks. If you haven't already given up, like me, this season is the test.

The producer's have confirmed that Maggie will return next season. I don't know what good it will do if this season stays dead in the water. I think this is the last rodeo for most folks. If you haven't already given up, like me, this season is the test.

guess her new show didn't work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter