The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hi. Our primary need is ease of parking, and getting in and out. We don't plan to use the pools, maybe will try the mini golf. We were thinking Building 1 or 2. Any opinions??

Our reservation confirmation says 'VIP Benefits Apply'

I think it just means you were booked by a VIP Member.

It doesn't even mean that. VIP owners get certain small perks (early check-in, free newspaper, etc.) However, not all resorts offer these amenities---typically only those which are also managed by Wyndham. If "VIP Benefits Apply" is listed, it means that a VIP owner, staying on their own points, has access to those perks. It doesn't mean anything for someone renting, even if from a VIP owner.

They will not assign a room until inventory is available. However, I will be checked in, guarantee a room is reserved for me, and I have to wait until it is available. There is a huge issue with the potential overbooking. It will be a disaster as people check-in only to find out they do not have a room for them.

I don't know what Wyndham's plan is because they technically don't have to do anything. The timeshare owner that you rented through are the ones that have to correct it. You can stand there screaming at them, but they are not the ones responsible. You can contact the people you rented from, but they will not have anything they can do other than see if they can get you into one of the other resorts: Reunion, Cypress Palms, and others.
Tell me if my plan will work: We will be going to DHS around 8 AM on a Saturday morning....our WBC reservations start that day.....the ressies are in my and my wife's name. Our plan is to go to WBC around 7:15 AM that morning, and try to do an early registration/check in. We will tell them that we won't be back to occupy the rooms until probably 8 PM that evening...and it is critical that the rooms are either across from each other or next to each other....worse case scenario would be 2 rooms on the same floor.

Will this plan work?????? Has anyone done this before, especially requesting two rooms very close to each other? Is there any chance that the resort will be overbooked and we might not have have two rooms for us when we arrive???? That would be catastrophic!!!!

Please relate any experience anyone has had doing this. We are checking in on Nov. 4, so it should not be an overly busy week for WBC.

THANKS !!!!!!

Tell me if my plan will work: We will be going to DHS around 8 AM on a Saturday morning....our WBC reservations start that day.....the ressies are in my and my wife's name. Our plan is to go to WBC around 7:15 AM that morning, and try to do an early registration/check in. We will tell them that we won't be back to occupy the rooms until probably 8 PM that evening...and it is critical that the rooms are either across from each other or next to each other....worse case scenario would be 2 rooms on the same floor.

Will this plan work?????? Has anyone done this before, especially requesting two rooms very close to each other? Is there any chance that the resort will be overbooked and we might not have have two rooms for us when we arrive???? That would be catastrophic!!!!

Please relate any experience anyone has had doing this. We are checking in on Nov. 4, so it should not be an overly busy week for WBC.

THANKS !!!!!!

There's really no way to ensure you will get rooms next to each other, or really even in the same building. Why do you worry about the resort being overbooked? If you have 2 reservations there will be 2 rooms for you

With two separate room reservations, getting them close is no guarantee. The earlier you check-in and explain your needs, the better your chances. When you start making more demands like building, floor, view, this, that, the possibilities drop.

With two separate room reservations, getting them close is no guarantee. The earlier you check-in and explain your needs, the better your chances. When you start making more demands like building, floor, view, this, that, the possibilities drop.
I guess I don't understand how the booking system works. If a Customer Service Rep at the resort sees that two people who check in at the same time (at 7 AM) are requesting two rooms together, then as people check out that day from rooms that are close to one another, couldn't those rooms be "reserved" by the Rep, and set aside in the name of the two people making the request (my wife and I), so that when we return to WBC after 8 that evening, those two rooms would be set aside in their system, waiting for us????

Maybe I don't know how their system works and/or why this should present a problem....just as long as rooms are being vacated on that Saturday that are very close to each other, which I would think is happening in every building at WBC.

I think I'd try to manage my expectations and dial back the "critical" to "nice to have" so that it is a pleasant surprise if they can accommodate your request rather than a major disappointment if they can't.

I don't know that any of us understands how their room assignment system works, so maybe a call to their front desk with your scenario might get you the clarification you're looking for. I do think that the earlier the check-in the better; and that kindness, patience, and appreciation generally go a long way in getting some extra help with requests if they are possible.

I think I'd try to manage my expectations and dial back the "critical" to "nice to have" so that it is a pleasant surprise if they can accommodate your request rather than a major disappointment if they can't.

I don't know that any of us understands how their room assignment system works, so maybe a call to their front desk with your scenario might get you the clarification you're looking for. I do think that the earlier the check-in the better; and that kindness, patience, and appreciation generally go a long way in getting some extra help with requests if they are possible.
Oh, I am always kind, patient and understanding when checking in.....kindness opens more doors than crowbars!!! Kind of like how you treat the cop that stops you for a traffic violation! But good idea to call the resort and inquire about my pending early morning check in, to see what they say about the probability of returning 13 hours later and getting rooms close to each other. And I will dial back "critical" to "would be really nice". :)

Just my experience when requesting two rooms together.... My sister arrived on a Thursday and checked in. She explained that we would be arriving on Friday in the evening and could our room be placed near hers. When I checked in on Friday at 8:30 pm ish they had us in a unit in the same building and on the same floor, but there were a couple of units in between. I think they try, but will not guarantee.

I love using Ken and Denise for our rentals, this trip though I am going crazy and visiting during Spring Break next year. Ken sent a very nice email letting me know they no longer will book prime season stays unless it is within their 60 day VIP window. So those that do use vacation upgrades just a note they are no longer booking prime season stays at this time, we ended up going through vacation strategy instead for the 2 rooms needed but will diffently contact them first like usual for our future trips outside those windows.

Thanks for the update, I've used both Ken and vacation strategy in the past. Thinking about doing a July 4th trip next year, so I guess Ken won't work. Do you mind sharing what your rate was for a prime week?

We are in building 4 (checked in today). We are on the 13th floor, and our room has been renovated. It's very nice.
I AM WRONG !!!! This room is not renovated as I just looked at the pictures posted. We think it is really nice, but now that I've had a chance to look around I notice it's not been update. It is nice though, but the dining room chairs are rather bulky and so are the bar stools.

We still like it though with no real complaints !!

Just my experience when requesting two rooms together.... My sister arrived on a Thursday and checked in. She explained that we would be arriving on Friday in the evening and could our room be placed near hers. When I checked in on Friday at 8:30 pm ish they had us in a unit in the same building and on the same floor, but there were a couple of units in between. I think they try, but will not guarantee.
The thing we have going for us is that both my wife and I will be in front of the same CSR at the same time, so I am hoping that will bode well in our favor...AND...we are returning at the same time. So let's hope things work out....would like the rest of our family really near us at WBC.

I stay here with family every year. We have always been able to get units in the same building, but never that close together. Usually we are on different floors. However, we don't arrive until afternoon, and our priority has always been a lake view. We always call the day before to ask them to link the reservations. They won't take an advance request for a particular building or view, but it does help them keep your party in the same building.

We are at BC now. Towers 1 and 2 have been remodeled. They are about to finish Tower 3 and next is the hotel. I am assuming they are making their way around the lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter