The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 4

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by BarryS, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 DIS Veteran

If you're staying at the resort, are you allowed to use the pool and amenities at the Grand?

2. michelepa

michelepa DIS Veteran

Yes the hotel is basically part of the complex and you can use amenities at the hotel if you are at the timeshare condos including gym, which is free with your room key, and the hotel pool.

In fact you can pick up your pool towels from the hotel pool.

Is there another amenity you were wondering about because I can’t think of anything else.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

Takes about 10 minutes or so. There are 3 parking area, with the first the surface lots on the Westside followed by the parking garages. If you are going to the springs in the evening on a weekend, or even some weekdays, sometimes the garages are full, which can be an irritation.

There are many dining options at the Springs, so I would suggest doing some research about where you want to go, or make a reservation, before blindly going over there. It is a massive place with lots of crowds.

5. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

And to piggyback on UpatNoon’s great advice...

All the parking garages are in a row on the same road. I find Lime most convenient for the shops and restaurants I frequent. And no, it is much more convenient to visit “regular” fast food, in my opinion, than to go to Disney Springs but it’s an entirely different experience. You’ll be spending additional time on parking and potentially in traffic, possibly paying a bit more - but it’s the Disney bubble. It’s a different experience. All I can say is try it for yourself to see if you like it!

6. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

A few days (like literally a week) before my stays with a new booking engine/service I will call WBC to confirm the stay is in their system in my name. If you call further in advance than that your “host”/renter may not have transferred the reservation into your name, so no need to fear. They need to have options in case you cancel on them, so it makes sense. But it’s always nice to hear the reassuring, “Yes, Ms. Guimond, we have you arriving on the 15th and staying 7 nights” or whatever to put your mind at ease!

7. Kim in PA

Kim in PA Mouseketeer

Do they allow children to wear life vests in the pool? My daughter has Spina Bifida, and knows how to swim, but fatigues easily because she can’t really use her legs.

Thank you!
    Kim

8. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

Yes but I don't think they're allowed to on the slide.

Kim in PA likes this.
  9. twoolle

twoolle DIS Veteran

This is always a strange rule to me. At Disney they are allowed to wear them on slides. But other water parks dont allow it either.

Kim in PA likes this.
  10. Kim in PA

Kim in PA Mouseketeer

Thank you. Not sure she would be able to get up on a slide anyway.

11. MommyPoppins

MommyPoppins <font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment

We arrived around 12 pm and made the requests at the desk. That is what we always do. They are more than willing to put in where you want if they have it available at check-in.

They have nickelodeon, disney channels, and I think cartoon network. They also have several HBO channels, but no PPV.

Lifevest, puddle jumpers, water wings, pool noodles, and even floats. They allow anything in the pools.

Kim in PA likes this.
  12. MommyPoppins

MommyPoppins <font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment

We just returned this week from a 7 night stay. As always I was blown away by the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. A couple of times we had to call housekeeping for extra pillows and once for trash bags. They were there within minutes. At Disney you usually wait for at least an hour for things. The resort was impeccably clean and maintained. Magnolia trees are starting to bloom, we bird watched every morning from our balcony. So many different species of water birds.

A little bit of VERY interesting and amazing info. You know how they have that small garden near the main building pool? It is there for guest use. We did the nature scavenger hunt one morning(which I highly recommend) and afterwards, they told us about the garden and that it was there for us to use as needed. Right now it just has cherry tomatoes, strawberries, herbs, lettuce, kale, and celery. The veggies aren't ready right now.

pigletto likes this.