The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We've done two three beds and they put us on the end of the hallway right on top of each other. We'll have a 2 bed and 3 bed in April, we'll see how it goes!
Chekhovgirl - I was on a chat with a TripBound agent yesterday getting a quote on (2) 2BR units and I asked if they would be close by. She said they would make the request on our behalf several weeks ahead and WBC tries their best to keep families together. She said this is the only type of location request WBC accepts. I should have captured a screen shot, but that's the gist of what she said. So you may want to try to submit a request ahead. If you do, please let us know how it goes. I plan to submit a request for our July stay, but our bookings will likely be from separate eBay sellers and I don't know if that will prevent my request from being considered.

Good luck!

Chekhovgirl - I was on a chat with a TripBound agent yesterday getting a quote on (2) 2BR units and I asked if they would be close by. She said they would make the request on our behalf several weeks ahead and WBC tries their best to keep families together. She said this is the only type of location request WBC accepts. I should have captured a screen shot, but that's the gist of what she said. So you may want to try to submit a request ahead. If you do, please let us know how it goes. I plan to submit a request for our July stay, but our bookings will likely be from separate eBay sellers and I don't know if that will prevent my request from being considered.

Good luck!

Yes, Vacation Strategy said that we can contact WBC two weeks beforehand to make this request, so we'll be doing that in a few weeks! However, last time we just asked them upon arrival and they were able to get us right on top of each other, so that was pretty darn good. Hopefully you'll have the same luck!

Thanks to the posting of new dailies, noticed the Polynesian Review -entertainment listed one evening.

Has anybody seen it? Wondering if worth stopping by

Reading your comments, and others has me re-thinking the splurge at Poly "Studios". It's also a good lesson for my kids to learn not to be foolish with their $. You're right, we're doing dinner at O'Hana's and may add the Luau as well, so we can get the Poly vibe without spending $1,000 to stay in a smaller room than WBC.
True, if anything when I am staying there & the public areas are congested, often find myself wondering how many of the folks are actually registered guests. It’s the nature of WDW hotels though, they encourage people to visit the resorts for dining, shopping, etc
Yes, we may do O'Hana, too! I am a Stitch lover, so thinking breakfast...
I love Stitch, & the breakfast buffet was nice but very limited in actual food options. It’s very laid back and willing to bet it’s easy to get same res based upon the number of empty tables we always seen around us.
Ah, gotcha. I think I’d wait til I could get the whole week I need then. For what it’s worth, I’ve stayed at the Poly DVC studios multiple times and love those rooms, but we are a party of 2. They’re quite large for studios and we love being able to use the poly pools. Not worth $500 a night to me though.
The split bathroom makes a big different in the DVC rooms but any standard room we’ve stayed in has been lovely. However, I have always had touringplans or TA (if using for discounted group rate), fax my specific request for ‘a’ room. Have always been placed in the same ‘sort’ of view/floor & often have been upgraded to main pool view.
That said, we are in Tower 3, at the very, very end of the hallway towards the Wyndham hotel, and the noise from the HVAC or generators or whatever outside the hotel is just to the left of our balcony. It is a pretty loud hum all the time. We have to raise our voices a little to hear each other on the balcony. Doesn't bother us inside. Would it be worth it to try to move? We are here for two more weeks. (also, the internet and cable have been out all day, fyi in case anyone else is here now. We don't care but others might.). Advice appreciated.
Tower 3 is my absolute favorite there lol. Love being able to park in garage and not have to worry about looping thru the parking lot for a spot.

Have never had a unit there more than one or two past the entryway, had no idea of that issue you are experiencing. Curious, what type of room are you in? We typically just need the 1 BR & that’s what i booked for April trip.
I think Disney's $6 per package is much more reasonable than the $20 I had to pay for a small package here at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
true but you aren’t paying for parking either as with WDW (unless DVC on points or HC accommodation)

I did attempt to slip them a $20 once, and she gave it back to me, but I got what I wanted ;).
Lol the $20 sandwich lives! :) have always wondered if it world help the cause there.

I love Stitch, & the breakfast buffet was nice but very limited in actual food options. It’s very laid back and willing to bet it’s easy to get same res based upon the number of empty tables we always seen around us.

Yes, if we go, it will be purely for meeting the characters.

Just tossing out a suggestion for those planning on booking new rentals...Now is the time to look at Trip Insurance that will cover TS, whether thru the seller or independently purchased. Look for ‘cancel for any reason’. Lastly, make sure it applies to TS properties.

We are booked starting 4/5. Week prior on the Harmony of the Seas. RCCL has institute a cancel up to 48 hours policy & receive full credit towards another cruise.

We likely will watch how things unfold in the next two weeks before pulling the plug on the cruise. Doesn’t mean we necessarily would not visit WDW starting 4/5 though.

From what i’m Hearing many people who were either cruising or going outside the country are instead still planning on their spring break travels, but switching to staying inside the US. Not sure how that equates to an uptick in travel to (warm) Florida in general & DIsney specifically.

I do have TI, typically it doesn’t cover TS sort of travel. Well, at least as when it’s on a ‘points’ type of situation. Would have to make contact & go thru the process to see if they would reimburse me or not if we are a no show.

When I book my own DVC accommodations, the TI policies I’ve reviewed don’t usually cover it. However, they do offer addon coverage that protects the points, purchased thru a vendor they specific on their website

Thanks to the posting of new dailies, noticed the Polynesian Review -entertainment listed one evening.

True, if anything when I am staying there & the public areas are congested, often find myself wondering how many of the folks are actually registered guests. It’s the nature of WDW hotels though, they encourage people to visit the resorts for dining, shopping, etc

The split bathroom makes a big different in the DVC rooms but any standard room we’ve stayed in has been lovely. However, I have always had touringplans or TA (if using for discounted group rate), fax my specific request for ‘a’ room. Have always been placed in the same ‘sort’ of view/floor & often have been upgraded to main pool view.

Tower 3 is my absolute favorite there lol. Love being able to park in garage and not have to worry about looping thru the parking lot for a spot.

Have never had a unit there more than one or two past the entryway, had no idea of that issue you are experiencing. Curious, what type of room are you in? We typically just need the 1 BR & that’s what i booked for April trip.
true but you aren’t paying for parking either as with WDW (unless DVC on points or HC accommodation)

Lol the $20 sandwich lives! :) have always wondered if it world help the cause there.

Good point about the cost of parking at Disney hotels -- I had completely forgotten about it. The last time we stayed on property was January 2019 and I think paid resort parking was introduced a bit later (or we were grandfathered in because we had booked in 2018).

We are in a 2 bedroom. We are thrilled with our Tower 1 room, but I also loved the quiet of Tower 3 and the closeness of it to the Wyndham Grand Hotel. Our only issue was, if you were on the balcony, the noise from the exhaust fans at the Wyndham Grand was just a constant loud hum. Our room in Tower 3 was floor 3, at the very end of the hallway, the very last room on the parking lot side. I am sure most people wouldn't care because they are out at the parks all day but we use the balcony all day.

The Polynesian Luau? It’s great! Dancing, 🔥flying and spinning, singing....it’s one of the events we always make sure to schedule time for. All ages seem to enjoy it.

No idea what to do, just closed disney world, on a plane in couple hours, will bc close? Restaurants open?

No idea what to do, just closed disney world, on a plane in couple hours, will bc close? Restaurants open?
No mention of closures on the Wyndham owners site. Only the same message that has been there for a few days now:
NOTICE: COVID-19 Coronavirus
The health and safety of owners, guests, and associates are the top priorities for Club Wyndham. The COVID-19 situation is being monitored closely and Club Wyndham will follow all guidelines issued by public health authorities. Currently there are no impacts to resorts. Owners and guests traveling from China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan, and Hong Kong may cancel their Club Wyndham reservations without penalty through March 20, 2020.

I got an email overnight, so far Wyndham resorts are still open:

To All Our Valued Owners,

As the situation surrounding novel coronavirus / COVID-19 continues to evolve, I want to personally affirm our commitment to you, and ensure that you have full confidence when you vacation with us. Our standards of cleanliness and safety are now strengthened with enhanced preventative measures and heightened cleaning protocols aligned with the guidance of federal, state, and local health authorities. Our team will make every effort to ensure your well-being and provide peace of mind while you vacation with us.
Our Commitment to Your Travel Safety
The health and safety of our owners, members, guests, and associates is our top priority. In accordance with recommendations from public health officials including the CDC, we have implemented enhanced operating protocols at all of our resort locations, including:
Increasing the frequency of cleaning for all high-traffic, high-touch areas at our resorts, including common areas, public restrooms, lobbies, elevators, etc.
Adding hand sanitizer and wipe stations in resort common areas
Ensuring that all cleaning products in use at our resorts, including in the laundry facilities and pool areas, meet CDC requirements for effectively combatting the COVID-19 virus
Putting protocols in place so that we are prepared to act swiftly if public health authorities notify us of a confirmed case of novel coronavirus / COVID-19
We have also engaged leading public health experts to ensure our action plans are current and thorough. By taking this extra step, we have even greater confidence in our ability to continue operations while doing our part to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus / COVID-19.

Just tossing out a suggestion for those planning on booking new rentals...Now is the time to look at Trip Insurance that will cover TS, whether thru the seller or independently purchased. Look for ‘cancel for any reason’. Lastly, make sure it applies to TS properties.

We are booked starting 4/5. Week prior on the Harmony of the Seas. RCCL has institute a cancel up to 48 hours policy & receive full credit towards another cruise.

We likely will watch how things unfold in the next two weeks before pulling the plug on the cruise. Doesn’t mean we necessarily would not visit WDW starting 4/5 though.

From what i’m Hearing many people who were either cruising or going outside the country are instead still planning on their spring break travels, but switching to staying inside the US. Not sure how that equates to an uptick in travel to (warm) Florida in general & DIsney specifically.

I do have TI, typically it doesn’t cover TS sort of travel. Well, at least as when it’s on a ‘points’ type of situation. Would have to make contact & go thru the process to see if they would reimburse me or not if we are a no show.

When I book my own DVC accommodations, the TI policies I’ve reviewed don’t usually cover it. However, they do offer addon coverage that protects the points, purchased thru a vendor they specific on their website states "

I booked WBC through Vacaiton Strategy. Their regular cancellation policy is fair, but for the coronavirus issue their website states: "If you wish to cancel reservations for arrival prior to May 15, 2020, you may do so up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. We will issue you a 100% full credit (less a $99 name change fee that Wyndham will not credit) of your vacation price to be used for any future vacation with us. This credit will not expire."

I was happy I was able to change our reservation to a different date with no charge (I did it before the 30 days). I know a couple of other agencies have a fair cancellation policy as well.

Sad to read of other peoples issues cancelling their rentals at other places. That's why I'll only rent from places with cancellation options.

I booked WBC through Vacaiton Strategy. Their regular cancellation policy is fair, but for the coronavirus issue their website states: "If you wish to cancel reservations for arrival prior to May 15, 2020, you may do so up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival. We will issue you a 100% full credit (less a $99 name change fee that Wyndham will not credit) of your vacation price to be used for any future vacation with us. This credit will not expire."

I was happy I was able to change our reservation to a different date with no charge (I did it before the 30 days). I know a couple of other agencies have a fair cancellation policy as well.

Sad to read of other peoples issues cancelling their rentals at other places. That's why I'll only rent from places with cancellation options.
I am so happy about this! We will be at WBC (through Vacation Strategy) at the end of April. I thought I would have to make a decision in the next week about whether or not to move our week. It's so nice to have more time to watch and decide!

Just thought I'd share an excerpt of sections that impact WBC from the latest Wyndham owner communication on COVID-19:
  • In accordance with guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that limits gatherings of people, beginning March 17, 2020, and across all resorts, food and beverage operations, amenities such as pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness centers, business centers, activities rooms, etc. will be closed. Any gatherings will be cancelled. Grocery and food delivery will be restricted or not allowed.
  • A smaller number of resorts will be restricted from allowing owner check-ins, effective March 20, 2020. This includes all resorts in the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, New York, Utah (Park City and Park City Miner’s Club), Orlando, Las Vegas, Anaheim, San Francisco, Wisconsin, Atlantic City, and Maryland. We will make every effort to contact owners with reservations at these locations to notify them that their reservations will be cancelled with vacation points / credits refunded automatically. While owners who have already checked in to a resort may be able to remain through the date of their scheduled departure, they should strongly consider shortening their stays as movement in and around the resort will be restricted. In some municipalities, you will be restricted to your suite. Depending on how this situation evolves, we may have to close the resort at any point and require immediate departures.

Just thought I'd share an excerpt of sections that impact WBC from the latest Wyndham owner communication on COVID-19:
  • In accordance with guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that limits gatherings of people, beginning March 17, 2020, and across all resorts, food and beverage operations, amenities such as pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness centers, business centers, activities rooms, etc. will be closed. Any gatherings will be cancelled. Grocery and food delivery will be restricted or not allowed.
  • A smaller number of resorts will be restricted from allowing owner check-ins, effective March 20, 2020. This includes all resorts in the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, New York, Utah (Park City and Park City Miner’s Club), Orlando, Las Vegas, Anaheim, San Francisco, Wisconsin, Atlantic City, and Maryland. We will make every effort to contact owners with reservations at these locations to notify them that their reservations will be cancelled with vacation points / credits refunded automatically. While owners who have already checked in to a resort may be able to remain through the date of their scheduled departure, they should strongly consider shortening their stays as movement in and around the resort will be restricted. In some municipalities, you will be restricted to your suite. Depending on how this situation evolves, we may have to close the resort at any point and require immediate departures.
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks so much for the info. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Thank you for this information. I don't have anything booked with Vacation Strategy at the moment. However, I have booked with them many times with great experiences. I am so glad to read that they are trying to do the right thing. I was reading about people not receiving refunds from owners using VRBO. This made me wonder what Vacation Strategy was doing.

Has anyone gotten an updated policy from Wholesale Holiday Rentals? We have a booking with them for June 10-20, 2020 and given the trajectory things are going, I'd like to at least know what our options will be.

Thanks in advance!

I'll actually just answer my own question. I contacted Wholesale Holiday Rentals and this was their response with their current policy. Granted, this is specific to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, so please contact them directly if you are booked at another property.

--------------

In an effort to get ahead of travel related issues surrounding the Coronavirus we are contacting you regarding your upcoming reservation at Bonnet Creek.

As you may know, Disney and other attractions in the area are closed and we have also been notified that Wyndham is adhering to guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and have closed resort food and beverage operations, amenities such as pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness centers, business centers, activity rooms, etc.

With all of this in mind, WHR wants to offer you a credit to re-book your vacation at a later date when travel returns to a normal, unrestricted atmosphere. We will keep this credit on file for the guest until they are ready to make travel plans again.

Also, if you have purchased Travel Insurance you should follow the guidelines for reimbursement and let us know if there is a difference in what you paid and what you were reimbursed...we can credit you for the difference towards future travel.

Your health and safety, and that of everyone we interact with is the highest priority.
All Our Best,
WHR

FYI, Bonnet Creek friends:
Updated dates on the Wyndham owners site:
"Check-ins are currently restricted at the following resorts through April 30, 2020."
Bonnet Creek is on the listed resorts.

Wishing you all health and wellness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter