The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

They give the regular keys at the check-in desk and the bracelets at time share. Brackets are supposed to work the and as the cards but ours stopped letting us in the building door but work on the room. They told us we needed the bracelet for the pool but no one is checking.
When we were there in July our bracelets and room keys were deactivated twice. The desk in the building lobby was able to reactivate them for us. I'm thinking it's part of their sales tactic.

When we initially picked up the bracelets are the timeshare desk they were very pushy. We had to be firm that we were not interested, have enough points, and just wanted our bracelets. Person one 'needed help' after we kept declining, so another employee who was pushier had to assist us. At that point DH was getting po. Had to be firm again. Rubbed in that DVC is never as pushy, and we're treated a lot better. That shut them up.

We love Bonnet Creek as you can see in my signature. My husband and I are looking for a kid free get away. Our first thought was Bonnet Creek because we simply love the resort. I am hung up on the fact that the hot tubs are closed. We would be there October 7-13th. I can't figure out why the hot tubs are closed here. We were at another Wyndham resort in Florida in July when things were crazy out of control and their hot tubs were open. We love the hot tubs in the evening. Not sure if we should continue with our plans there or not but at the same time it seems silly to not go because of the hot tubs not being open. We don't plan any park days just relaxing at the pool and hot tubs. Would you still go? Can we use the other resorts on property hot tubs? I don't remember the rules of all of that.
You can use any hot tub at WBC that is open including the hotel. However, the hotel has been closed recently to WBC guests because the NBA was using it. As the NBA playoffs wind down, it will likely reopen.

The hot tubs are likely closed because they want to maintain social distancing and hot tubs are small areas where people linger.

If they were left open, I could certainly see the scenario of people ignoring social distancing rules when using them, creating headaches for staff trying to enforce rules. Maybe this has already happened at WBC or perhaps they are applying "lessons learned" from other Wyndham resorts.

Anyway, you know they are closed, so it is up to you do decide if that is a deal-breaker.

To me, this is the kind of thing where having too much information ahead of time can make you second-guess your choice.

If I was at WBC and the hot tubs were out of order for maintenance with no warning, I'd be like "oh well, I guess I'll go in the pool" and not think much about it. Because you know ahead of time they are closed, the saying "you always want what you can't have" can set in.

You can use any hot tub at WBC that is open including the hotel. However, the hotel has been closed recently to WBC guests because the NBA was using it. As the NBA playoffs wind down, it will likely reopen.

The hot tubs are likely closed because they want to maintain social distancing and hot tubs are small areas where people linger.

If they were left open, I could certainly see the scenario of people ignoring social distancing rules when using them, creating headaches for staff trying to enforce rules. Maybe this has already happened at WBC or perhaps they are applying "lessons learned" from other Wyndham resorts.

Anyway, you know they are closed, so it is up to you do decide if that is a deal-breaker.

To me, this is the kind of thing where having too much information ahead of time can make you second-guess your choice.

If I was at WBC and the hot tubs were out of order for maintenance with no warning, I'd be like "oh well, I guess I'll go in the pool" and not think much about it. Because you know ahead of time they are closed, the saying "you always want what you can't have" can set in.

You certainly bring up a great point on is it just too much info to know before hand. Depending on the trip I have planned having hot tubs wouldn't be that big of a deal but a kid free relaxing one... dang I really want the hot tub!! I realize Bonnet Creek isn't kid free but it is my kid free. I feel like I should say that before people remind me that there will be kids there. I also get the socially distanced thought but again find it weird that we have been to other wyndham property and had no issues. Not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination. I just need to decide how much I want the hot tub!

You certainly bring up a great point on is it just too much info to know before hand. Depending on the trip I have planned having hot tubs wouldn't be that big of a deal but a kid free relaxing one... dang I really want the hot tub!! I realize Bonnet Creek isn't kid free but it is my kid free. I feel like I should say that before people remind me that there will be kids there. I also get the socially distanced thought but again find it weird that we have been to other wyndham property and had no issues. Not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination. I just need to decide how much I want the hot tub!

Hi, is parking still free at this resort? I couldn't tell based on their website.
I do realize we will have to pay to park at the parks. :) TY!

So is the breakfast buffet closed at Tesoro Cove? I know the hotel has that NBA crap going on inside it now now, but anyone know if the buffet will be open when they leave? We always have breakfast there before we head to the parks. Going to be at WBC from Oct 2 - 5.

I have an option of a 3 bdr pres or a 1 bdr pres. I know the resort will try and "upgrade" the 1bdr pres to a 2 bdr deluxe which I do not want. their is a little bit of savings between the 2 different unit types.
I have never been in a 3 bdr pres before.I only have expirience in a 4bdr pres.
does anyone have any insight of room locations and views in a 1bdr pres vs 3 bdr pres?

We stayed at Bonnet Creek a few weeks ago. If you reserve a cabana, then you dont have to leave the pool area while they are doing their disinfection process. Otherwise, every couple of hours you have to go to a different pool or go back to your condo. Then when the cleaning hour is up, you have to start all over again lining up to be given a seat. You can reserve the cabanas 24 hours in advance and have to check in by 10am the morning you want to use it.
What are the crowds like at Bonnet Creek now? Are they doing limited capacity or is it crowded? Are they offering shuttle service still?

I have an option of a 3 bdr pres or a 1 bdr pres. I know the resort will try and "upgrade" the 1bdr pres to a 2 bdr deluxe which I do not want. their is a little bit of savings between the 2 different unit types.
I have never been in a 3 bdr pres before.I only have expirience in a 4bdr pres.
does anyone have any insight of room locations and views in a 1bdr pres vs 3 bdr pres?
All 1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidential units are on the upper floors of tower 6. They would have views of the central lake, pool and Hollywood Studios or views toward Disneys Springs or Epcot.

As for upgrading, I have always known in advance what room type I was getting before I arrived and that is always what I have received. It sounds like you are a Wyndham owner, so you should talk to them about making sure you get the room you want.

What are the crowds like at Bonnet Creek now? Are they doing limited capacity or is it crowded? Are they offering shuttle service still?
I have been here since Monday night and this is my first visit here, so I don't have a frame of reference, but it seems pretty quiet to me. We are staying in Tower 5 with a pool/lazy river/lake view. I look out my window frequently, and I haven't seen more than 20 people or so at a time at the pool. It's a little busier at night from about 7-9pm though. There is a BC employee sitting at one of the pool entrances, but we were never asked to show our wristband and I never saw them limiting capacity. I have no idea about the shuttle, I didn't know they even had one! LOL :) All of the restaurants close at 7pm except for the pool bar at Tower 5.

I have a stay booked the second week in November. This will be my first stay outside the Disney bubble.

I am trying to find the restaurants at the resort.

I understand the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Wyndham Grand have restaurants and I can find those easily enough but I am specifically looking for the names, menus and availability of restaurants at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

I have a stay booked the second week in November. This will be my first stay outside the Disney bubble.

I am trying to find the restaurants at the resort.

I understand the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Wyndham Grand have restaurants and I can find those easily enough but I am specifically looking for the names, menus and availability of restaurants at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
Try this: https://www.nafe.org/assets/Orlaando/Restaurants On Property & Within Walking Distance.pdf

21D4A9ED-1391-4D57-8840-FCAC5179950D.jpeg

Escudos, La Cantina, and La Cocina are all at WBC I think (versus the Grand). I don’t remember that WBC has any real sit down restaurants.

I have posted a review of Escudos before in this thread if you want to search for it with my username. It was quick service/bar type food but it was delicious and very convenient to get at the pool. Better than most pool bars in my opinion.

We also have enjoyed delivery services at the resort - Flipper’s Pizza is a favorite and I recently enjoyed NYPD pizza delivered by DoorDash.

Try this: https://www.nafe.org/assets/Orlaando/Restaurants On Property & Within Walking Distance.pdf

View attachment 526967

Escudos, La Cantina, and La Cocina are all at WBC I think (versus the Grand). I don’t remember that WBC has any real sit down restaurants.

I have posted a review of Escudos before in this thread if you want to search for it with my username. It was quick service/bar type food but it was delicious and very convenient to get at the pool. Better than most pool bars in my opinion.

We also have enjoyed delivery services at the resort - Flipper’s Pizza is a favorite and I recently enjoyed NYPD pizza delivered by DoorDash.

Thank you for posting this! That is so helpful! Do you know if any of these are closed for COVID?

Thank you for posting this! That is so helpful! Do you know if any of these are closed for COVID?
I’m so sorry, I haven’t been keeping an eye on what’s been opened since we don’t have a WBC trip on the books. Others here have been lately so hopefully they stop back in to report! In past years I’ve also had good luck getting information by calling the resort though I needed to wait on hold, even then. If you have a time when you’re washing dishes or something that you could pause quickly and can wait on hold it might be worth calling to check.

Just back - Escudos is definitely open - i think it closes at 4 pm. Didn't go to any of the other places. Another thing to consider, when checking in, you're not told you have access to hotel amenities.

Escudos the pool bar closes at 4pm? Man that is a bummer.

Has anyone verified if the hotel is still operating the buffet at Tesero Cove for breakfast? The WBC staff is clueless when I called to ask this question last week.

Has anyone verified if the hotel is still operating the buffet at Tesero Cove for breakfast? The WBC staff is clueless when I called to ask this question last week.
Tesero Cove is in the Wyndham Grand as opposed to WBC. Hopefully someone there would be able to help you.

Tesero Cove is in the Wyndham Grand as opposed to WBC. Hopefully someone there would be able to help you.

Yeah, I'd give the Grand a call to find out:
WYNDHAM GRAND ORLANDO RESORT BONNET CREEK
14651 Chelonia Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 390-2300

The web site is making it look like it is temporarily closed, though: https://www.wyndhamgrandorlando.com/dining

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter