The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Just curious about the pizza place fliers everyone says to avoid. How are they scams? Are they just super expensive or do they somehow actually scam you out of money and not deliver pizza? I can't see us ordering pizza anyway but now I'm curious!
It is the latter, stealing credit card info. Either with no pizza delivered at all or really crummy pizza delivered. There was a segment years ago on the DIS Unplugged podcast about general personal safety, they had a law enforcement officer on with tips, and this was one of them. They're still going strong, and Orlando isn't the only market. I got a flier under the door in San Antonio a few months ago and in DC several times as well.

ETA: Found a good little article on it: https://www.frommers.com/blogs/arth...y-scam-they-could-steal-your-credit-card-info

It is the latter, stealing credit card info. Either with no pizza delivered at all or really crummy pizza delivered. There was a segment years ago on the DIS Unplugged podcast about general personal safety, they had a law enforcement officer on with tips, and this was one of them. They're still going strong, and Orlando isn't the only market. I got a flier under the door in San Antonio a few months ago and in DC several times as well.

Oh my that's awful but seems par for the course for tourist destinations. We will probably do a combo of groceries/eating from our kitchen and eating at Disney dining.

Another question - does anyone know what the recent timeshare presentation offers are? We are traveling myself and my husband with our (then) 19mo old, my parents and then my brother and his gf are joining us. They will be on a tight budget and I am wondering if park tickets are ever one of the perks for sitting through the talk. We plan to only do 2-3 park days during our week-long stay and might be able to work it in if the payoff is good. I am good at saying no, plus we have access to a family timeshare and enjoy using occasionally but it's mostly a hassle so I know I won't get roped in. haha

@Joyful2018 no tolls but if you're driving a rental car from the airport you will. We used this new Florida Visitor toll pass program to avoid bringing change.
I read that you literally sign up for that at a toll booth but how does it work after that. Do you put a card down that they can charge after that or what? We will be driving down as well and those FL tolls are brutal!

Just curious about the pizza place fliers everyone says to avoid. How are they scams? Are they just super expensive or do they somehow actually scam you out of money and not deliver pizza? I can't see us ordering pizza anyway but now I'm curious!
The purpose of the flyers is to get your credit card information and to steal your identity.

There are plenty of legitimate businesses to order pizza from.

The purpose of the flyers is to get your credit card information and to steal your identity. Some do deliver bad pizza to keep the victims from being suspicious immediately.

There are plenty of legitimate businesses to order pizza from.

I read that you literally sign up for that at a toll booth but how does it work after that. Do you put a card down that they can charge after that or what? We will be driving down as well and those FL tolls are brutal!
its for people who are flying in and out of MCO and renting a car

Oh my that's awful but seems par for the course for tourist destinations. We will probably do a combo of groceries/eating from our kitchen and eating at Disney dining.

Another question - does anyone know what the recent timeshare presentation offers are? We are traveling myself and my husband with our (then) 19mo old, my parents and then my brother and his gf are joining us. They will be on a tight budget and I am wondering if park tickets are ever one of the perks for sitting through the talk. We plan to only do 2-3 park days during our week-long stay and might be able to work it in if the payoff is good. I am good at saying no, plus we have access to a family timeshare and enjoy using occasionally but it's mostly a hassle so I know I won't get roped in. haha
No to park tix.

Looking at staying off site for the first time, and WBC is so far by far the front runner. Just want to know if anyone has ever felt like they miss being able to book dining at 180+10 or booking their fast passes early?

Looking at staying off site for the first time, and WBC is so far by far the front runner. Just want to know if anyone has ever felt like they miss being able to book dining at 180+10 or booking their fast passes early?
I consider the fast passes really the only drawback to staying offsite. (I love having our rental car vs waiting on busses!)
I got everything I wanted 2 years ago (FOP, SDMT, Frozen) but only by refreshing constantly for my full 30 days. But it's a tradeoff. 3x the space at less than half the cost...60 day fast passes are better and easier but it's not worth $1k+ and sharing room with our kids to us. To some it is!

Looking at staying at WBC, but can only come up with dates that overlap for a 3 bedroom unit. Can overlaping the unit be done by using two different names on the reservation while still stay in the same room? And should we let the front desk know before we check-in?

I'm staying @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time at the end of March. Is it possible to get a room with both a lake and fireworks view? Or do you get one or the other? If it is possible to have both views, is there a particular tower or floor I should request? If I have a lake view room, is there somewhere on property we can watch the Disney fireworks. Thanks so much for your help!

We had lake and fireworks each time we stayed in Tower 2 and 3. There is a room in building 1 that is open in the evenings to watch the fireworks. If you booked a Presidential unit there is also a viewing room in Tower 6.

We had lake and fireworks each time we stayed in Tower 2 and 3. There is a room in building 1 that is open in the evenings to watch the fireworks. If you booked a Presidential unit there is also a viewing room in Tower 6.
Thank you so much for your help!

We have actually ordered pizza from the flyers before. We did it before we knew they could be scams. Pizza was actually delivered but we also paid cash so no risk of a scam.

What tower is right beside the main check in building with the gift shop? I remember leaving the tower and turning left to walk to the main building but I don’t remember what tower it is.

Thanks!

What tower is right beside the main check in building with the gift shop? I remember leaving the tower and turning left to walk to the main building but I don’t remember what tower it is.

Thanks!
the 2 that are closest to the main building are 1 and 4. there is a map somewhere in this thread

Anyone seeing good deals for summer months yet? I'm defining "good deals" as $1500-$2000 for 3 BR or $1000-$1500 for 2 BR (7 days). I'm looking for July right after the holiday, but also curious about the summer rates as a whole. Thanks

Anyone seeing good deals for summer months yet? I'm defining "good deals" as $1500-$2000 for 3 BR or $1000-$1500 for 2 BR (7 days). I'm looking for July right after the holiday, but also curious about the summer rates as a whole. Thanks

There are weeks in June, July and August listed on Vacation Strategy for just under and just over $1500/7 nights at WBC in a 2 bed and Saratoga Springs in a 1 bed.

https://www.vacationstrategy.com/member-deals/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!