The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have a "maybe" plan for late in the year to actually stay here! I'm kind of excited b/c of all I've read on these threads,but also wondering how we will like it,since we usually stay right on property (no rental cars needed). I'm going to keep reading,and I love those recent pics someone posted! it looks like a great place to stay and play, is it suitable for a trip with fewer park visits,and hanging out at the resort?
I hope that you will be as pleasantly surprised as we were during our first stay at WBC, and we mostly prefer on-site stays. The places offsite that I will consider when trip planning are WBC or the Towneplace Suites at Flamingo Crossings, depending on what kind of trip it is. With Bonnet Creek just next door to Caribbean Beach, it doesn’t feel like a hassle to get around, even though you do need a car or a rideshare budget in my opinion. We always try to plan extra pool time when staying at WBC and really like the pools and lazy river near tower 5. There’s also something just more relaxing to me about the ability to have a full kitchen stocked with snacks and being able to make a full pot of coffee in the morning - sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the view around the resort. I hope your trip works out and you love WBC like so many others here!!!

Well, we sometimes do 9-10 days at WBC and never step foot in a park. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Those are our relaxation vacations. We often do fun stuff around Disney in the evenings but have no problem staying at the resort all day and doing their activities at night.
Ohhhh I love this! Can you give details? I love my trips in the past where we've stayed onsite and baerly done any parks, since I love just relaxing and enjoying everything.... you're saying this can be a comparable experience? B/c to me,that is ideal!

I hope that you will be as pleasantly surprised as we were during our first stay at WBC, and we mostly prefer on-site stays. The places offsite that I will consider when trip planning are WBC or the Towneplace Suites at Flamingo Crossings, depending on what kind of trip it is. With Bonnet Creek just next door to Caribbean Beach, it doesn’t feel like a hassle to get around, even though you do need a car or a rideshare budget in my opinion. We always try to plan extra pool time when staying at WBC and really like the pools and lazy river near tower 5. There’s also something just more relaxing to me about the ability to have a full kitchen stocked with snacks and being able to make a full pot of coffee in the morning - sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the view around the resort. I hope your trip works out and you love WBC like so many others here!!!
thank you! I'm starting to look forward to this hoping it all works out for travel by then!

Ohhhh I love this! Can you give details? I love my trips in the past where we've stayed onsite and baerly done any parks, since I love just relaxing and enjoying everything.... you're saying this can be a comparable experience? B/c to me,that is ideal!

We do “Disney” trips and we do “Bonnet Creek” trips. Completely different styles and goals. We still eat at Disney resorts, enjoy Disney entertainment, watch the fireworks, ride the Skyliner, take monorail and boat rides, hang out at resorts, shop, etc but usually do so in the evening and after WBC entertainment that we want to see. WBC is our our priority on those trips as they’re meant for relaxation. Disney is the extra time filler, if we’re looking for something to do. We enjoy the live music throughout the day, poolside drinks and snacks, and just a relaxing vibe. We have two teenage boys who are very active and athletic and they also have no problem hanging out all day long, playing mini golf, throwing a football, playing ping pong, swimming, walking and meeting other teens.... A couple of trips ago we stayed at WBC and had 7 day Park tickets and didn’t even go to the parks most days until late afternoon as we preferred to hang out and then stay late at the parks when the crowds were lighter and the temperatures were lower.

We do “Disney” trips and we do “Bonnet Creek” trips. Completely different styles and goals. We still eat at Disney resorts, enjoy Disney entertainment, watch the fireworks, ride the Skyliner, take monorail and boat rides, hang out at resorts, shop, etc but usually do so in the evening and after WBC entertainment that we want to see. WBC is our our priority on those trips as they’re meant for relaxation. Disney is the extra time filler, if we’re looking for something to do. We enjoy the live music throughout the day, poolside drinks and snacks, and just a relaxing vibe. We have two teenage boys who are very active and athletic and they also have no problem hanging out all day long, playing mini golf, throwing a football, playing ping pong, swimming, walking and meeting other teens.... A couple of trips ago we stayed at WBC and had 7 day Park tickets and didn’t even go to the parks most days until late afternoon as we preferred to hang out and then stay late at the parks when the crowds were lighter and the temperatures were lower.
wow! that sounds amazing...... live music?

So nice to wake up to my google notification "Stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek" today.

😭😭😭😭😭

Well, at least I've got a credit to use so I know we will be back there someday. I'll have a coctail in my bathtub tonight and pretend I'm floating in the lazy river with it. lol

So nice to wake up to my google notification "Stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek" today.

😭😭😭😭😭

Well, at least I've got a credit to use so I know we will be back there someday. I'll have a coctail in my bathtub tonight and pretend I'm floating in the lazy river with it. lol

I reacted to your post with hearts, but that was to your solution of a cocktail in your bathtub! I'll cry with you about the notification :sad:

Hang in and enjoy your imaginary lazy river float! I might do the same!

Hey there! We are thinking about a mid-August Orlando trip...no parks...just resort time to unwind and destress from the gut punch that is Covid-19. We are considering WBC (and also the Sheraton Vistana which we have stayed in before).

We would like August 12-16 in a 1 bedroom, as we will plan a lot of takeout and in room meals and pool time. Not booking ANYTHING yet as we wait to see how the reopening of Florida shakes out. I checked the WBC site and can get a fully refundable room for $167 a night, as long as we book by May 31st. Is this a good deal? We HAVE to book with a full refund possible. Can't take chances.

We would drive from NC. Are there additional parking or resort fees?

How easy are the timeshare folks to say NO to? I have no problem saying "No, thank you" but if they are going to be rude or pushy...in this age of social distancing I don't plan on getting close enough to do more than say "no" as i collect my parking pass.

Hi. IMO it's a good price for fully refundable. Safety is such a big issue now! So, it would be worth it for us.

No parking or resort fees.

Yu really don't need a parking pass if you want to skip the timeshare stop. We were there for 3 weeks and only needed our key. But, I've found if I go to the desk assertive (before they even begin) and so no it's not a big problem. Also, unplug the phone in your unit.

FYI, WBC friends, as Wyndham looks to start reopening they sent an owner email. No dates yet for anywhere in the system, but I figured I'd share the email with you guys since there are mentions of modifications, etc. that they're planning as they move forward with the beginning phases of reopening:

Dear (Owner),
I hope this note finds you and your family healthy. Like you, many of our associates around the world are staying home, following guidance issued from health experts and government officials, and helping to flatten the curve. We also have essential team members in the resorts focused on maximizing this downtime to ensure your resorts are ready for your return.

As the conversation nationally has turned to reopening communities, we are closely monitoring ongoing updates from local and state officials to determine when it’s right to begin reopening your resorts. We expect this process to take some time as our top priority remains the health and safety of you and our associates.
Preparing to Reopen Resorts
We are working to finalize the reopening schedule with careful consideration. As soon as we can provide more details, updates on reopenings will be shared on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and on your owner website.

While we can’t wait to welcome you back on vacation, we want to ensure we’ve adapted our operations and implemented additional safety measures. This means that we will not be able to accommodate all existing reservations. When that happens, owner reservations will be prioritized and we will contact exchange, rental and “guest of” reservations to cancel those bookings. We know you’re eager to get back on vacation, and we’re doing everything we can to help you do that — and do it safely.
Safety Measures
Your resorts have always met the highest standards of cleanliness, and now we are exceeding those standards with enhanced cleaning protocols and disinfecting measures, including the use of hospital-grade, virus-killing products approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. We are working with an epidemiologist — a medical doctor who worked for the CDC for 16 years — to ensure we are taking appropriate precautions and implementing strong safety guidelines.

While owner interactions are often the best part of our jobs, we want to make your vacation experience as safe as possible. Social distancing will be important even after travel resumes. Here are some changes you can expect to see:
Gatherings in areas like check-in desks, lobbies and elevator bays will be minimized.
The midweek tidy will be suspended so your suite won’t be entered by anyone but your family and guests during your stay.
Amenities such as pools, spas, restaurants and bars, game rooms, activity centers, and business centers will be temporarily closed.
Before you travel, check your club website for the latest updates on amenities and resort impacts.
Maximum Planning Flexibility
We understand these operational changes may impact the quality of your vacation, and we want to provide maximum flexibility for your planning. We’ve extended the Flexible Cancellation Policy through May 31, 2020, and we’ve made rule changes to help preserve your points for future vacations.

I’m sure many of you have used this unexpected down time to prioritize your family and what you love to do together most. While many families may adjust their vacation preferences in the near future, others may be ready for an adventure. My family is excited to head out west for some fishing and hiking at WorldMark West Yellowstone later this summer.

Wherever your family vacation takes you this year, we’ll be ready to welcome you back when the time is right.
Regards,
Geoff Richards
Geoff Richards
Chief Operating Officer
Wyndham Vacation Clubs

Ugh...will have to keep an eye on that. If they're closing the pools then there is absolutely no reason for us to go there.
Yeah, I hear you. We have a July trip planned that we're keeping an eye on...at this point I'm putting the odds at 50/50 at best.

I'll update on the thread if and when there are more owner communications that I can share. The way I'm reading it, the bright side might be less pressure-y sales people in the lobby! :rotfl2:

FYI, WBC friends, as Wyndham looks to start reopening they sent an owner email. No dates yet for anywhere in the system, but I figured I'd share the email with you guys since there are mentions of modifications, etc. that they're planning as they move forward with the beginning phases of reopening:

Dear (Owner),
I hope this note finds you and your family healthy. Like you, many of our associates around the world are staying home, following guidance issued from health experts and government officials, and helping to flatten the curve. We also have essential team members in the resorts focused on maximizing this downtime to ensure your resorts are ready for your return.

As the conversation nationally has turned to reopening communities, we are closely monitoring ongoing updates from local and state officials to determine when it’s right to begin reopening your resorts. We expect this process to take some time as our top priority remains the health and safety of you and our associates.
Preparing to Reopen Resorts
We are working to finalize the reopening schedule with careful consideration. As soon as we can provide more details, updates on reopenings will be shared on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and on your owner website.

While we can’t wait to welcome you back on vacation, we want to ensure we’ve adapted our operations and implemented additional safety measures. This means that we will not be able to accommodate all existing reservations. When that happens, owner reservations will be prioritized and we will contact exchange, rental and “guest of” reservations to cancel those bookings. We know you’re eager to get back on vacation, and we’re doing everything we can to help you do that — and do it safely.
Safety Measures
Your resorts have always met the highest standards of cleanliness, and now we are exceeding those standards with enhanced cleaning protocols and disinfecting measures, including the use of hospital-grade, virus-killing products approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. We are working with an epidemiologist — a medical doctor who worked for the CDC for 16 years — to ensure we are taking appropriate precautions and implementing strong safety guidelines.

While owner interactions are often the best part of our jobs, we want to make your vacation experience as safe as possible. Social distancing will be important even after travel resumes. Here are some changes you can expect to see:
Gatherings in areas like check-in desks, lobbies and elevator bays will be minimized.
The midweek tidy will be suspended so your suite won’t be entered by anyone but your family and guests during your stay.
Amenities such as pools, spas, restaurants and bars, game rooms, activity centers, and business centers will be temporarily closed.
Before you travel, check your club website for the latest updates on amenities and resort impacts.
Maximum Planning Flexibility
We understand these operational changes may impact the quality of your vacation, and we want to provide maximum flexibility for your planning. We’ve extended the Flexible Cancellation Policy through May 31, 2020, and we’ve made rule changes to help preserve your points for future vacations.

I’m sure many of you have used this unexpected down time to prioritize your family and what you love to do together most. While many families may adjust their vacation preferences in the near future, others may be ready for an adventure. My family is excited to head out west for some fishing and hiking at WorldMark West Yellowstone later this summer.

Wherever your family vacation takes you this year, we’ll be ready to welcome you back when the time is right.
Regards,
Geoff Richards
Geoff Richards
Chief Operating Officer
Wyndham Vacation Clubs
Thank you so much for this info! I had been searching online for update information.

Closing the pools? Probably the safest thing to be in with the amount of chlorine dumped into those daily.

Silly.
I think it is the gathering of people in and around the pools. I don't know how you'd keep 6 feet distance when you're floating in the lazy river...I always end up making friends with multiple people as we bump around one another.

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/covid-19-information
Per this website there is the statement that they will begin phased reopening of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek on May 26th.

Frequently Asked Questions

How are you deciding what resorts to reopen?
We are closely monitoring state and local orders and conditions to determine the right time to reopen each resort, and will reopen them on an individual basis and with a limited occupancy.

What are we doing to ensure owners are able to book at the destinations they want?
Owner reservations are being prioritized above all other reservations. Guests, exchange, and rental reservations will be canceled in order to give owners sole access to resorts during this initial reopening phase.

There are some instances where owner reservations may be cancelled in order to remain within the limited occupancy guidelines and practice safe social distancing measures. Several factors are being taken into consideration as we identify reservations to cancel such as when the reservation was booked and reservation dates. We are doing everything we can to ensure owners on-site will have a safe and enjoyable vacation during their stay.

How will I know if my upcoming reservation has been impacted?
We’ll notify you via email if you have a reservation that will be impacted, whether it be at a resort still temporarily closed or with limited occupancy due to social distancing measures put in place. We will cancel your reservation for you – you do not need to take any action. Your vacation points, housekeeping credits, and reservation transaction(s) will be returned to your account within 72 hours.

We would love to help you book a future vacation and provide personalized travel suggestions for your next trip. Tell us more about your upcoming travel plans, and we’ll reach out to help get you on your next vacation.

What will happen if my guest confirmation is cancelled?
If your guest confirmation is cancelled due to limited occupancy at resorts or extended temporary closures, your vacation points, housekeeping credits, reservation transaction(s), and any other fees associated with the reservations will be returned to your account within 72 hours of cancelation. Guest confirmations will only be returned for canceled reservations at resorts beginning to accept arrivals as of May 26, 2020.

Will the pools and other amenities be open as resorts reopen?
During this initial phase of reopening, amenities such as pools, spas, restaurants and bars, game rooms, activity centers, and business centers will be temporarily closed order to practice safe social distancing measures.

Will there be enhanced cleaning at resorts?
We have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols and disinfecting measures, including the use of hospital-grade, virus-killing products approved by the CDC and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Other enhanced measures include:

Multiple cleaning stations with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
Furniture spacing to encourage hanging out at a safe distance in common areas.
Frequent cleaning and disinfection of public spaces and high-touch items.
Protective masks per local and regional requirements (which we’ll be happily smiling under). We encourage you to also bring your own masks for your personal safety and the safety of others.
Check-in calls – we’ll give you a ring to make your arrival easier and breezier.
Text notifications when your suite is ready.

Visit VacationReady.com to learn more.

Orlando
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek – Phased Arrivals 5/26/2020, Accepting New Reservations 7/31

@KristinU Hi there. Any word on a reopening date? Just wondering. Hope you are well!

Hi @missingdisneymore !

As @HokieRaven5 said, Bonnet Creek is showing as "Phased Arrivals 5/26/2020, Accepting New Reservations 7/31"

We have a reservation for a 7/18 arrival. We're just watching and waiting...unsure if we'll be comfortable traveling yet at that point, unsure if the 14 day quarantine for NY, NJ, CT, and LA will be lifted by then, unsure if the parks will have enough in place to make it worth going while balancing enough measures to make us feel safe, unsure of how AP holders will play into the reopening, etc. etc. etc. We will see how things start shaking out, we have until July 3rd to cancel without losing our points.

Totally understand. We have a credit through a rental agency, not that we are in a hurry to use it; with school/college/work schedules, just trying to see if fitting in a family trip by the end of the year is even possible. There’s no point of going if things aren’t open (Pools!! 😳) and our health is more important than any entertainment for sure. We have non-expiring park tickets so thankfully that’s not an issue. Crazy times. 😷😷

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!