The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

WFD?

It's been very scrappy meals here and I've even resorted to eating fast food! Hoping to get back in a routine and make time for the Dis. I miss you all.

LOL! That is sparse in your house, PIO! I miss you to!

So I have been following Alison on FB, dining around the World!!! YUM!

Brandi- I cannot keep up with the two of you, you and David sure do get around!

Dinner has been odd lately. I am cooking but Bud is not really hungry so it is not as fun for me, and if I have leftovers I a happy.

A client of mine was in a play so Saturday before last my DDIL and I went to dinner and to the show. It was good, but I was glad I did not bring Buddy. Bridges of Madison County.
Then last week we went to see Clint Black and had dinner at Tuscany, Todd English restaurant. It was really good, but I had leftover of my Veal Parm for two more meals.

I also made stuffed peppers, and a kielbasa and kraut and fried potatoes for Buddy on Sunday. YUM!

Tonight is up in the air. Buddy has a hair cut after I get home, so we may just rummage in the fridge.
WE are getting down to the wire with our Aruba trip! So excited!

Nice to be back on the Dis reading WFD.

Kimmar - have fun at the World! No trips for me so it'll be vicarious living for a while.

Alison - I sooo need to catch up with what's going on with you. Sorry for not being around and reading your TRs but life's a little busy here.

Nancy - Hope things are well with you.

Brandi - DH is vegan now. He's cooking his own food and doing a lot of greens!

LOL! That is sparse in your house, PIO! I miss you to!

So I have been following Alison on FB, dining around the World!!! YUM!

Brandi- I cannot keep up with the two of you, you and David sure do get around!

Dinner has been odd lately. I am cooking but Bud is not really hungry so it is not as fun for me, and if I have leftovers I a happy.

A client of mine was in a play so Saturday before last my DDIL and I went to dinner and to the show. It was good, but I was glad I did not bring Buddy. Bridges of Madison County.
Then last week we went to see Clint Black and had dinner at Tuscany, Todd English restaurant. It was really good, but I had leftover of my Veal Parm for two more meals.

I also made stuffed peppers, and a kielbasa and kraut and fried potatoes for Buddy on Sunday. YUM!

Tonight is up in the air. Buddy has a hair cut after I get home, so we may just rummage in the fridge.
WE are getting down to the wire with our Aruba trip! So excited!
How many days are you down to for Aruba?

So
Nice to be back on the Dis reading WFD.

Kimmar - have fun at the World! No trips for me so it'll be vicarious living for a while.

Alison - I sooo need to catch up with what's going on with you. Sorry for not being around and reading your TRs but life's a little busy here.

Nancy - Hope things are well with you.

Brandi - DH is vegan now. He's cooking his own food and doing a lot of greens!

So how does he fell, has he seen much of a difference? The cheese is the hardest part for me.

Dinner tonight is either Taco Salad or Tacos. lol, can't decide.

Hope everyone is doing well, life has been crazy for me lately. We just got back from Texas and we will be heading out in two weeks for our Thanksgiving trip. We are headed to NOLA for Thanksgiving, Baton Rouge for football the Saturday afterward, then Monday leave out of Fort Lauderdale for a two-week cruise, we will be back December 10th... Whew, then we are done with travel until the New Year.

How many days are you down to for Aruba?

I think it is 16. We leave the 25th. I am trying to get my tasks at work done because for me, the last two weeks in December and then January is incredibly busy at work. My coworkers are crazed through tax season, but my season happens prior to theirs. Aslo, my after the fact system is going away and I finally found a replacement that will be acceptable for our clients who want this service, but I have to enter all of my companies, and a year's worth of payroll. I am tired just thinking about it.
You are so busy with your travels. I enjoy following the two of you from place to place!

I have not been cooking much. We have been getting food out a few times a week, which is not like us. Tonight we are eating whatever is in the fridge, and tomorrow I cook!

How long will you be there?
I am there Dec 2nd & 3rd. I have nothing planned the 2nd?

We ended up having Taco's last night, but tonight is pizza.

....we had a wonderful time, except I celebrated the 30th anniversary of my 30th birthday [ :rolleyes1 ] and it seems like I am falling apart....

WFDT? Probably chicken thighs with lemon, garlic, and white wine cooked in the crock pot.

....dump [literally] a package of thighs into a crock pot. Add s & p. Add 4 or 5 whole garlic cloves. Cut a medium-sized lemon in half. Squeeze both halves onto chicken and toss squeezed halves into crock pot. Pour 4 oz. of white wine (pinot is usually what I use, but you can use chardonnay) over chicken Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours. You can serve this with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes....

After a week at WDW eating out every day I've been cooking at home for the last week. I barely even remember what we've had over the past week, but tonight we'll be having meatballs in mushroom sauce over rice with broccoli on the side.

After a week at WDW eating out every day I've been cooking at home for the last week. I barely even remember what we've had over the past week, but tonight we'll be having meatballs in mushroom sauce over rice with broccoli on the side.
....that sounds good....almost like my Swedish meatballs, sans the mushrooms.

....that sounds good....almost like my Swedish meatballs, sans the mushrooms.

We didn't end up having that after all! :laughing:

I forgot to thaw the ground beef, and we spent the afternoon getting stuff out of storage to sell on eBay. I was so tired and it was so late when I got home I ended up making a boxed Mac n Cheese, and frozen chicken cordon Blue and steamed cabbage with onions.

I think I'm going to make stuff out of order (according to my dinner plan) and make lasagna (which was scheduled for tomorrow). Ham was scheduled for tonight but I don't feel like roasting it today.

Also, I want Blueberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast, so I need to get dressed and get my but out of bed and start breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter