The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

.....I forgot to thaw them out, so I quick-fire thawed them in the microwave, sauteed them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and simmered them [for 70 minutes] with 5 chopped up garlic cloves and fresh rosemary sprigs. I bought a small package of Campari tomatoes, cut them into quarters, and added them to the chicken and squeezed lemon juice (from a large lemon) over the entire thing. I made a slurry of cornstarch and water and added that to the pan to thicken the gravy/juices and simmered for an additional 10-15 minutes. I served it with mashed potatoes.

Dinner tonight is grilled sausage, onions, and peppers.

That sounds good! I have a similar dish on the rotation for the next week.

.....can you keep a secret? I didn't make my thighs in the crock pot either....:lmao:

:rotfl2:

.....I forgot to thaw them out, so I quick-fire thawed them in the microwave, sauteed them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and simmered them [for 70 minutes] with 5 chopped up garlic cloves and fresh rosemary sprigs. I bought a small package of Campari tomatoes, cut them into quarters, and added them to the chicken and squeezed lemon juice (from a large lemon) over the entire thing. I made a slurry of cornstarch and water and added that to the pan to thicken the gravy/juices and simmered for an additional 10-15 minutes. I served it with mashed potatoes.

That sounds tasty! Do you just come up with these things on the fly? I end up making things from recipes, sometimes I create the recipes myself, but I always have a piece of paper with directions that I follow. And not a computer screen either. I have to have it printed out on a piece of paper.

Last night for dinner was Black Bean Chilaquiles
and tonight for dinner is pizza (it is Friday)

Chilaquiles from the Nahuatl word chīlāquilitl is a traditional Mexican dish. Typically, corn tortillas cut in quarters and lightly fried are the basis of the dish

WFDT? ANYTHING I want - DH (and oldest DS)is going upstate around noon, middle DS is in South Jersey at a seminar for his job, and DS is probably going by his GF, sooooooo.....

WFDT?

I'm thinking of making a dish with chickpea, zucchini, onion and tomato.

Hope everyone is well.

Good morning!!!
I am doing a terrible job of keeping up with everyone. Actually I cannot keep up anywhere! LOL!!

I hope all is well with all of you.

I am roasting chicken legs tonight, along with some kind of starch for buddy and a lot of veggies (TBD) for me. At least that is the plan. My season at work is ramping up and I am good for not much when I get home. Apparently, even though my coworker is a rock star in regards to supporting me at work, I stink at getting caught up after a vacation. Thank goodness she is really good, and likes what I do here, because I need two of me.

Last night was Indian, I had tofu chili, and it was amazing, and David even ate some of mine.
tonight is pizza if I get home in time, we are taking our teams out to happy hour at 4:30 so not sure how long that will last.

Tonight is leftovers from pizza...
We are really struggling with food right now, nothing sounds good or inviting

I've been totally MIA and not hardly cooking dinner! Although Saturday night at Disney I made baked potatoes, and Tri Tip, plus I brought a Caesar Salad kit, that someone else tossed for me. We fed me, jedijill, Jenny (rentayenta) and her family (3 kids + a friend, and her husband who was on break from his new job at the Grand Californian.)

Last night we had grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup.

As I write this post (waiting in the vets office), Fran and I decided on mashed potatoes (I have five halves of baked potatoes left from Satuday), pan fried meatloaf and country gravy with a yet to be determined vegetable, since I'll see what's on sale when I get to the store.

Then when I scoop the potatoes tonight, I'll make the skins into potato skins for tomorrow night. We're seeing Star Wars at 3:45, so it will be 7 or later when we get home. I'll just have them waiting to be heated along with some other sort of frozen veggie app, so dinner will be like TGI Friday's but at home!

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas! Do you have plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter