The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Chilling at the AK 5/5

The next morning, I didn’t wake up until 8AM, go figure?

We got a text from Jenny that she and Michael had purchased Genie+ and had the Safari booked for 9:30-10:30. They were leaving at 8:30 and did we want to come along?

As Rocket says in Guardians of the Galaxy, Mission Breakout, “That wasn't part of the plan.”

They were gone before Jill and I even got dressed and left the room. We had planned for a leisurely breakfast in the room and we intended to stick with that plan. Besides we had two more full days than they did, and we wanted to take things easy. As it was, we were already exhausting ourselves, and we had a big night this evening.

I had a “make it and shake it” pancake mix, plus we had another pound of bacon in the fridge. So I got to work on breakfast. This is what we ended up with.

z24WDW0403AK01.jpg

After breakfast we got underway by 10AM. Jenny was texting this while we were waiting at the bus stop.

“EE in the back hungover lol! Might yak and yeti all over Michael 😂” That paints an interesting picture! 🤣

At the bus stop the AK bus was 10 minutes early from what the posted sign said. Yay! There were three other people on the bus with us, so that was nice!

We arrived at the park around 11AM, I snapped this obligatory shot of the tree of life.

z24WDW0403AK02.jpg

We headed directly for the single rider line at EE.

z24WDW0403AK03.jpg

When we texted to Jenny that we were in the park, she replied that they were getting a drink so she wouldn't feel so hungover. Here we are in the queue.

z24WDW0403AK04.jpg

We were on the ride in less than 15 minutes and even though we were on separate trains, it was much better than the posted wait.

z24WDW0403AK05.jpg

z24WDW0403AK06.jpg

Once we were off the ride, we looked at the wait for the Safari and it was 120 minutes. Hard pass. So the next thing on our agenda was FOTLK. We decided to catch the 12 noon show and got in line around 11:25. The weather was not supposed to be so good today, and while we were in line but not under a cover it started to lightly rain. Luckily it didn't persist and shortly we were in the theater.

z24WDW0403AK07.jpg

z24WDW0403AK08.jpg

z24WDW0403AK09.jpg

z24WDW0403AK10.jpg

The show was entertaining as always, while the Tumble Monkeys were doing their bit they started off with the song "Hakuna Matata" playing in the background. However as the monkeys went along with their show the soundtrack weaved in "Sing Sing Sing" (Benny Goodman), and towards the end of their part of the show even brought in "Caravan" (Duke Ellington), and then just as they finished their routine, played "Yes We Have No Bananas" (From a 1922 revue, and recorded by many artists over the years). I’m sure I’m the only person in the audience who marveled at that.

z24WDW0403AK11.jpg

z24WDW0403AK12.jpg

Next was the fire juggler….

z24WDW0403AK13.jpg

I think we get a feel good song after that.

z24WDW0403AK14.jpg

z24WDW0403AK15.jpg

I missed a picture of the ballet bird characters….now we are into the finale.

z24WDW0403AK16.jpg

z24WDW0403AK17.jpg

Once it was over, we headed out of the park and back to the resort. We were going to have company this afternoon. Pamela and her Mom, JJ were going to come see us. Longtime readers might remember them from several cruises that we have taken together. But first some obligatory Photopass shots.

z24WDW0403AK18.jpg

z24WDW0403AK19.jpg

And then we caught a bus back to the hotel. I don’t remember if we waited very long, but I don’t think we did. According to my photos we were back in the Cabin before 1:30PM. Not bad after a 12:00 show!

Sorry for not replying first, but I saw the opportunity to snag a top of the page spot with a new post and took it! :lmao:

Not too many at Trader Sam’s… but some. :)

Definitely some, but then a lot have coconut too. :sad2: You're still welcome to join us! Water is always good, and free in the US!

The next morning, I didn’t wake up until 8AM, go figure?
I wonder what could have contributed to that?

:rolleyes1
We had planned for a leisurely breakfast in the room and we intended to stick with that plan
1714945853960.png
Besides we had two more full days than they did
That makes all the difference. I often book just 4 days... which means minimum one park/day and most likely rope drop to close every day. Not a whole lotta down time.

I really need to change that. :sad2:
I had a “make it and shake it” pancake mix,
Is this a store bought thing, or something you pre-mixed on your own?
“EE in the back hungover lol! Might yak and yeti all over Michael 😂” That paints an interesting picture! 🤣
:lmao:
At the bus stop the AK bus was 10 minutes early from what the posted sign said. Yay! There were three other people on the bus with us, so that was nice!
:thumbsup2
I snapped this obligatory shot of the tree of life.
It must be done.
When we texted to Jenny that we were in the park, she replied that they were getting a drink so she wouldn't feel so hungover.
What does that mean? More hair of the dog? Or water?
Jill looks like maybe she could relate to Jenny's comment.
Once we were off the ride, we looked at the wait for the Safari and it was 120 minutes. Hard pass.
Nope!
However as the monkeys went along with their show the soundtrack weaved in "Sing Sing Sing" (Benny Goodman), and towards the end of their part of the show even brought in "Caravan" (Duke Ellington),
Huh! I don't think I'd know the names, but would 100% recognize hearing Sing Sing Sing and maybe Caravan (less familiar with it)
), and then just as they finished their routine, played "Yes We Have No Bananas"
Appropriate.
Pamela and her Mom, JJ were going to come see us. Longtime readers might remember them from several cruises that we have taken together.
Don't think I know them.
You both look pretty good considering the previous evening's shenanigans. :)
:laughing:
Sorry for not replying first, but I saw the opportunity to snag a top of the page spot with a new post and took it! :lmao:
Of course! Would've been surprised if you hadn't. :)
Definitely some, but then a lot have coconut too. :sad2: You're still welcome to join us! Water is always good, and free in the US!
Because who doesn't want to go to a bar and have... water...

:rolleyes:

Bliss!

This looks so delish, I'm always pepper on the eggs!

When I looked at the time table, the next bus wasn't scheduled to arrive for half an hour. Just then, a bus to Disney Springs showed up, it also flashed Contemporary as one of the destinations. We verified that was indeed the next stop, and hopped on.
You're so clever with the transportation system, before I go to WDW I'm going to need a big run down
Then it was on to the monorail.
Not sure why I quoted this lol, but yay monorail!

Wow! this is super nice, with the water pouring at the bottom and everything
I've never ridden this, crazy I know!

Aww! this is so cute!

Their outfits in flowers are all so perfect
We totally felt like this was a sign that Fran was here riding with us, so we took a picture.

z24WDW0402EP28.jpg
Totally! 🙌
Jenny and Michael did something in their room.
So pretty! Disney touches are the best!

Nice looking group of drinks, the black rock salt kinda through me a bit
Elegant yet modern, nice!

They were encouraging the small child to be very obnoxious, egging her on when she was misbehaving. The one gal justified it by saying to us, “I’m the fun aunt!”
Oh hells no...as a parent of a young child, this would drive me crazy, and I would not allow it

Nice of the waitress to tell you guys!
Jenny and Jill got Spikey Pineapples, which was essentially a Dole Whip with Rum,
Ummm this sounds awesome!
Jill made a snarky comment, and one of the dads said, “I want to hang out with you guys!” Little did he know….
Hehe, the fun table!
Jenny gave the girls the glow cubes from the Krakatoa Punches that she and Jill had ordered.
Aww that's nice! Makenna would like that too I'm sure
While they waited, the girls insisted that we play several different silly games, none of which I really understood. Mostly Jill and Jenny played along. I started preaching the benefits of DVC to the dads, and soon their table was called.
Little girl games can indeed be hard to understand
At this point I was the only one still drinking. Everyone else had given up.
Atta girl!
I saw this pic and was like ummm is it came?
“You need to drink a glass of man up, and chug it!”

“We need to get away from these people, they lack Jesus.”
Awesome quotes to conclude the day! Disney people watching/listening is so great
I had a “make it and shake it” pancake mix,
Sounds cool and useful
“EE in the back hungover lol! Might yak and yeti all over Michael 😂
Hehe Jenny you are so clever!

When we texted to Jenny that we were in the park, she replied that they were getting a drink so she wouldn't feel so hungover.
💪 way to pony up Jenny!
The guy beside you is so serene!
Strict "hands to yourself"
The show was entertaining as always, while the Tumble Monkeys were doing their bit they started off with the song "Hakuna Matata" playing in the background.
I have seen this show, so fun!

I’m sure I’m the only person in the audience who marveled at that.
::yes::::yes::
Classic!
You def rocked your tank tops! Is it a hidden mickey top?

Breakfast was delicious and a nice easy way to start the day. I love EE and another terrible ride pic! The FOTLK show is my favorite. I go for the Tumble Monkeys and the Bird dancers....the rest of the show is just ok. LOL

Jill in CO

Sounds like a nice relaxing way to start the day and then able to enjoy a couple attractions! We haven't done FOTLK in a while - one of these days we need to do that again. Enjoy that cabin!

I wonder what could have contributed to that?

That makes all the difference. I often book just 4 days... which means minimum one park/day and most likely rope drop to close every day. Not a whole lotta down time.

I really need to change that. :sad2:

Yes you do! You need to retire and live the good life! We ain't getting any younger! Your next birthday has a zero! (As does mine, but mine is farher away considering it was just last week)

Is this a store bought thing, or something you pre-mixed on your own?

This is not the brand that I had, but it gives you an idea of the concept.

Shake_and_Pour.jpg

What does that mean? More hair of the dog? Or water?

Yes, hair of the dog. Makes Jenny feel better when she is hungover.

Jill looks like maybe she could relate to Jenny's comment.

She just takes lousy ride photos. Neither of us had a hangover. We didn't start until we got to the Enchanted Rose.

Huh! I don't think I'd know the names, but would 100% recognize hearing Sing Sing Sing and maybe Caravan (less familiar with it)

I'm especially keyed into Caravan right now cause our jazz band is playing an (awful) arrangement of it. We have concert this Sunday after I get back.

Appropriate.

I thought so.

Don't think I know them.

No I don't think you do. Pam stopped doing TRs quite a while ago.

You both look pretty good considering the previous evening's shenanigans. :)

We bounce back well. And hydrate!

Of course! Would've been surprised if you hadn't. :)

:lmao: I'm just glad I noticed!

Because who doesn't want to go to a bar and have... water...

:rolleyes:

True. But if you didn't have so many dislikes it would be easier! :lmao:

Yes you do! You need to retire and live the good life!
::yes::
We ain't getting any younger! Your next birthday has a zero! (As does mine, but mine is farher away considering it was just last week)
I didn't know you knew that! I tend not to advertise my birthday.
This is not the brand that I had, but it gives you an idea of the concept.
Ah okay. Thanks.
Yes, hair of the dog. Makes Jenny feel better when she is hungover.
I've heard that.
We bounce back well. And hydrate!
::yes::
:lmao: I'm just glad I noticed!
:laughing:
True. But if you didn't have so many dislikes it would be easier! :lmao:
Picky, picky!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter