• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Widow, the Spinster, and the Missus take on Disneyland - A little OT Interlude in Napa Part 2 4/30

Yeah, it goes down in August and doesn't come back until the end of January, that's far too long for my taste.
For sure. I saw a bunch of Xmas decorations already up for sale at a store yesterday and I was not impressed. If I hadn't needed something, I would have walked out. As it was, I refused to look.
:laughing:
That might be how you do yours. Business for me does not involve....well I wanted to insert a certain emoji, but they don't seem to have it here on the DIS! :lmao:
:rotfl:
Exactly. I'm going to be trying out a new Shabu Shabu place on Wednesday.
You'll have to tell us tell us how it is. :)

For sure. I saw a bunch of Xmas decorations already up for sale at a store yesterday and I was not impressed. If I hadn't needed something, I would have walked out. As it was, I refused to look.
Yeah, it's just way too soon for Christmas, it keeps coming earlier and earlier every year.
You'll have to tell us tell us how it is. :)

I will. I can't wait!

So my next adventure was a couple weeks later than the visit I had with Jill, Anita and Marc. I had spent a week at my folks place in between visits, so it was fun to get back to Disney. This time it was Jenny and our friend Suzie.

We had decided to make this a rope drop day, so we all met at Jenny's house super early (like 6:30AM early). We made a stop at Panera for a hearty breakfast that we ate in the car. It would fill us up for most of the day. After an easy trip to Anaheim, soon we were inside the park in time for rope drop. Our first choice ride was Space Mountain. It was pretty much a walk on. The only place we waited was the downhill part of the line where they sort you into cars.

x23DL0818DLR01.jpg

Next we went on Buzz Lightyear. The line here was short too. We walked right past Buzz (who was actually concealed behind a construction wall), and had a short line for boarding.

I think this may have been my highest score yet!

x23DL0818DLR02.jpg

x23DL0818DLR03.jpg

It had been a while since any of had been on Alice in Wonderland, so we decided to ride that. It was one of the longer waits of the morning, I think it was about five minutes. This is a pretty fast loader.

x23DL0818DLR03a.JPG

x23DL0818DLR03b.JPG

Our next ride was right next door. The Matterhorn had a super short line (which would not be the case in an upcoming visit!). I hadn't been on this ride in a long time. It was just too jarring for my body and I would often skip it. Last May I started walking five times per week, and that small change in my mobility seems to have strengthened my body enough that it's no longer painful to ride the Matterhorn. Yay me!

x23DL0818DLR04.jpg

We decided to ride It's A Small World next. There was no one in line!

x23DL0818DLR05.jpg

Here we go!

x23DL0818DLR06.jpg

They suggested that I take pictures of all the places that I’m planning on going. Canada gets kind of ripped off because the only reference they get is this Mounty.

x23DL0818DLR07.jpg

I wasn’t quite sure about Germany, but this was my best guess, it could have been Switzerland as well.

x23DL0818DLR08.jpg

This is clearly Egypt….

x23DL0818DLR09.jpg

As is this one….

x23DL0818DLR10.jpg

This isn’t until 2025, but Jill and I are booked on a Honolulu to Vancouver cruise.

x23DL0818DLR11.jpg

x23DL0818DLR12.jpg

As we were exiting IASW, I checked the app and I noticed that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad had a five minute wait! No kidding! We hightailed it over there, and were on the ride in minutes. We had already been on about six rides and it was just after 10AM! Wow!

x23DL0818DLR13.jpg

x23DL0818DLR14.jpg

x23DL0818DLR15.jpg

x23DL0818DLR16.jpg

x23DL0818DLR17.jpg

After our Runaway train ride we decided to go on Pirates. I think the app was showing like a 10 minute wait so we hustled on over there. We contemplated riding this later.

x23DL0818DLR18.jpg

We walked right in, and through the courtyard up the ramps and in the doors before we encountered any sort of line whatsoever. While we were waiting in what short line we were in, a gal behind us asked, “Is this the Lightning Lane?” We told her that this ride doesn’t have a LL and that it was just the regular line. She was dumbfounded as to how quickly we were almost to the front of the line. Pretty soon we were on the ride.

x23DL0818DLR19.jpg

x23DL0818DLR20.jpg

x23DL0818DLR17_3sR9VgEyPugZkMDadB32wn.jpg

x23DL0818DLR22.jpg

x23DL0818DLR23.jpg

I love my little kitties! This is one of my best shots of them yet!

x23DL0818DLR24.jpg

x23DL0818DLR25.jpg

x23DL0818DLR26.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Next we went on the real train!

x23DL0818DLR27.jpg

x23DL0818DLR28.jpg

x23DL0818DLR29.jpg

x23DL0818DLR30.jpg

x23DL0818DLR31.jpg

And my favorite part! Primeval World!

x23DL0818DLR33.jpg

x23DL0818DLR34.jpg

x23DL0818DLR35.jpg

x23DL0818DLR36.jpg

x23DL0818DLR37.jpg

And here we are at Main Street Station!

x23DL0818DLR38.jpg

We rode the full loop back to New Orleans Square and exited the train. Next we went on a different kind of train!

x23DL0818DLR39.jpg

x23DL0818DLR40.jpg

By this time it was probably after noon, but we had such a good breakfast no one was hungry yet! So we decided to go on Indy.

x23DL0818DLR41.jpg

x23DL0818DLR42.jpg

And then we took a spin on the Jungle Cruise!

x23DL0818DLR43.jpg

x23DL0818DLR44.jpg

x23DL0818DLR45.jpg

By now it was getting to be the hottest part of the day and we decided to cool off in the Tiki room. I couldn’t resist getting a Dole Whip, I licked the top before I remembered to take a picture! Ooops!

x23DL0818DLR46.jpg

By this time we were hot and exhausted and decided it was time to head home. We’d had a full day and tired ourselves out!

We had decided to make this a rope drop day
:jawdrop:
Nice one! I'm either high or low, doesn't seem to be an inbetween!

a while since any of had been on Alice in Wonderland,
I don't think I rode it on the last trip now that I think about it
I hadn't been on this ride in a long time. It was just too jarring for my body and I would often skip it. Last May I started walking five times per week, and that small change in my mobility seems to have strengthened my body enough that it's no longer painful to ride the Matterhorn. Yay me!
Was it you to told me to hold on, brace my feet and try to move with the sled? I so miss the old "honours system seatbelt" cuddle seats :)

I was going to ask if you got your own boat, but looks like no
Canada gets kind of ripped off because the only reference they get is this Mounty.

x23DL0818DLR07.jpg
This is indeed so lame lame lame!!
We had already been on about six rides and it was just after 10AM! Wow!
So good!

We contemplated riding this later.

x23DL0818DLR18.jpg
Still on the list I believe right?

x23DL0818DLR24.jpg
They were gone for a while was it? Glad they were there!

Next we went on the real train!

x23DL0818DLR27.jpg
You know I love me a lap on the train!

x23DL0818DLR43.jpg
Awwww you guys look soooo haapppyyyy!

The backside of water!!

Yummm, raspberry or strawberry?

Well, you do what you gotta do.
Nice one! I'm either high or low, doesn't seem to be an inbetween!
That's about as high as I think I've got!
I don't think I rode it on the last trip now that I think about it
We can fix that in December!
Was it you to told me to hold on, brace my feet and try to move with the sled?
Nope. Not me.....
I so miss the old "honours system seatbelt" cuddle seats :)
Yeah, those were fun!
I was going to ask if you got your own boat, but looks like no
:sad2:
This is indeed so lame lame lame!!
Totally!
So sad it wasn't like that for you the next week.
Still on the list I believe right?
Well, I've been on this one before, its the Columbia that I've never been on.
They were gone for a while was it? Glad they were there!
Yeah, they were evidently being re-fur-bished.
You know I love me a lap on the train!
Did you do that on your last trip?
Awwww you guys look soooo haapppyyyy!
:lmao:
The backside of water!!
:thumbsup2
Yummm, raspberry or strawberry?
I think I tried strawberry and I liked the raspberry better.

Yeah, it's just way too soon for Christmas, it keeps coming earlier and earlier every year.
Ridiculous.
It would fill us up for most of the day.
See this is something I just wouldn't do, considering how seldom I've been there. I'd want to keep room to try/re-try more treats at Disney. But I totally get why you'd feel differently.
Space Mountain. It was pretty much a walk on.
Rope drop for the win. :thumbsup2
We walked right past Buzz (who was actually concealed behind a construction wall)
Rude of him. He could've stepped around it if he really wanted to.

:rolleyes2
Way to go! :)
The Matterhorn had a super short line (which would not be the case in an upcoming visit!). I hadn't been on this ride in a long time. It was just too jarring for my body and I would often skip it.
Exactly the reason we skipped it when when I was there with you. Just didn't want to risk it.

However...
Last May I started walking five times per week, and that small change in my mobility seems to have strengthened my body enough that it's no longer painful to ride the Matterhorn. Yay me!
Good for you!!

And if you found it wasn't painful, then maybe I could give it a whirl if/when I go again.
Gee... I wonder why...

:rolleyes1
Canada gets kind of ripped off because the only reference they get is this Mounty.
We're just modest that way.

Walt: "I'm thinking of an entire section dedicated to all things Canada."
Random Canuck: "No. No. Just a little Mountie or something tucked into a corner is fine."
Walt: "You sure? Well... okay."
Random Canuck (thinking): "Dang. Didn't think he'd actually listen."
I wasn’t quite sure about Germany, but this was my best guess, it could have been Switzerland as well.
Or Austria? :confused3
This isn’t until 2025, but Jill and I are booked on a Honolulu to Vancouver cruise.
You are! That's great!
I checked the app and I noticed that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad had a five minute wait! No kidding!
Rope drop for the win! :)
We had already been on about six rides and it was just after 10AM! Wow!
Rope drop for the win!
After our Runaway train ride we decided to go on Pirates. I think the app was showing like a 10 minute wait so we hustled on over there.
Rope dro... oh, you get the idea.

Seriously though, you sure were able to pack in a full day of touring in no time!
While we were waiting in what short line we were in, a gal behind us asked, “Is this the Lightning Lane?” We told her that this ride doesn’t have a LL and that it was just the regular line. She was dumbfounded as to how quickly we were almost to the front of the line.
I bet she'd been there before on a busy afternoon.
Pretty soon we were on the ride.
Just looking at your pics...

It really is far superior to Florida's version.
:goodvibes
Nice shot. :)
And my favorite part! Primeval World!
I found that so surprising. Liked it, though!
Next we went on a different kind of train!
Yuss... :thumbsup2
Even better shot!
So we decided to go on Indy.
1697026628351.png
You are just screaming through the park!
I couldn’t resist getting a Dole Whip, I licked the top before I remembered to take a picture! Ooops!
Still looks good, though :)
By this time we were hot and exhausted and decided it was time to head home. We’d had a full day and tired ourselves out!
I bet! I'm quite impressed with all you were able to do and so quickly!

Looks like such a fun day! I was super jelly. ;) Can't believe there were no lines anywhere!

Jill in CO

The three of you did quite a lot of rides that day. Must have been fun to do a lot that day.
'

Amazing how much you got done by rope dropping!

I think the Swiss/German scene does count for Germany. At least I always think so.

Great to hear that the Matterhorn was fun and not pain! And better mobility is fantastic! I was going to talk to you about how much you can do with regards to planning for your visit, but it sounds you do have improved quite a bit! How wonderful!!

I'm cheating and catching up while you're away and can't post more updates.

With yet even more time kill we decided to ride Monsters Inc. since neither of us had been on it in quite a long time.
I've been to Disneyland twice now and still haven't ridden that one.

While Jill and I were chilling in the room, I got a text from my friend Bob, the Club 33 member. He had seen my post on Instagram about having driven over 450 miles in the last day or two, and asked if we would like to join him at the Club. I said we were with some other folks, and he said go ahead and bring them too!
Bob is the man! No idea how he can keep track of everyone so well.

The friends he had invited to join him flaked out so he had some extra space!
Why would anyone flake out on VIP treatment?

We went down to breakfast in the hotel again. Believe it or not, they were out of Bacon! :scared:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...

Then it was time to do some “business”.
I can understand, after such a big breakfast.

Oh, you mean Lowe's and all.

Why did Jill and I have to do this? Because she gets a 10% military discount and offered that if I had any “large ticket” purchases, she’d come along and save me some $’s.
Nice!

Then it was to the end of the parade route. The next day was the Long Beach Pride Parade and for many years, I’ve always parked one car at the end of the route so it’s easy to get home. In the past Fran would have been in the second car, but when I explained my dilemma, Jill volunteered. Yay!
That's a true friend right there.

Our first choice ride was Space Mountain. It was pretty much a walk on. The only place we waited was the downhill part of the line where they sort you into cars.
All I can think of there is the tone that beeps every 45 seconds Jeff was telling us about.

:woohoo:
It had been a while since any of had been on Alice in Wonderland, so we decided to ride that. It was one of the longer waits of the morning, I think it was about five minutes. This is a pretty fast loader.
Hard to believe there's any wait for that one.

Last May I started walking five times per week, and that small change in my mobility seems to have strengthened my body enough that it's no longer painful to ride the Matterhorn. Yay me!
Cool, glad you can enjoy that one again!

Wonder why. :rolleyes1

By now it was getting to be the hottest part of the day and we decided to cool off in the Tiki room. I couldn’t resist getting a Dole Whip, I licked the top before I remembered to take a picture! Ooops!
Common mistake. It's forgivable.

Ridiculous.
::yes::
See this is something I just wouldn't do, considering how seldom I've been there. I'd want to keep room to try/re-try more treats at Disney. But I totally get why you'd feel differently.
;)
Rope drop for the win. :thumbsup2
Always
Rude of him. He could've stepped around it if he really wanted to.

:rolleyes2

Way to go! :)
Exactly the reason we skipped it when when I was there with you. Just didn't want to risk it.

However...
I used to skip it too, but being in better shape seems to help.
Good for you!!

And if you found it wasn't painful, then maybe I could give it a whirl if/when I go again.
And if it threw your back out, I know a great spot where you could sit and relax.
Gee... I wonder why...

We're just modest that way.

Walt: "I'm thinking of an entire section dedicated to all things Canada."
Random Canuck: "No. No. Just a little Mountie or something tucked into a corner is fine."
Walt: "You sure? Well... okay."
Random Canuck (thinking): "Dang. Didn't think he'd actually listen."
:rotfl2:
Or Austria? :confused3
Yes, but then again I am visiting there as well so it counts.
You are! That's great!
Yes! We already have 90% of it planned even though we can't start booking accommodations for several to eight months. We do need to figure out how long Jill wants to remain in Vancouver, but we have the front end planned already.
Rope drop for the win! :)
Yes!
Rope drop for the win!
You can't say that enough!
Rope dro... oh, you get the idea.

Seriously though, you sure were able to pack in a full day of touring in no time!
Or maybe you can.

It's almost like we packed everything in before the heat of the day and then relaxed for a while! :rolleyes:
I bet she'd been there before on a busy afternoon.
Or just been there before. The line is rarely that short.
Just looking at your pics...

It really is far superior to Florida's version.
Nice shot. :)
Thanks! It's a total crap shoot cause the train is always moving.
I found that so surprising. Liked it, though!
It's my favorite part of the train. Ever since I was a kid.
Even better shot!
Again, moving train, luck of the draw.
You are just screaming through the park!
Still looks good, though :)
I need one of these when I get back!
I bet! I'm quite impressed with all you were able to do and so quickly!

We could have taken a huge break in the middle of the day and no one would have noticed! :laughing:

And if it threw your back out, I know a great spot where you could sit and relax.
I'd need it!
Yes, but then again I am visiting there as well so it counts.
Ah!
stupid-dumb-and-dumber.gif
Yes! We already have 90% of it planned even though we can't start booking accommodations for several to eight months. We do need to figure out how long Jill wants to remain in Vancouver, but we have the front end planned already.
Already!
But then again... the only thing more fun than planning a trip is... doing the trip.
You can't say that enough!
Rope drop for the win!
It's almost like we packed everything in before the heat of the day and then relaxed for a while! :rolleyes:
Almost!
Thanks! It's a total crap shoot cause the train is always moving.
Need to have it break down... but only long enough to get the photo you want. Then it should be fixed immediately and move on.
It's my favorite part of the train. Ever since I was a kid.
:goodvibes
We could have taken a huge break in the middle of the day and no one would have noticed! :laughing:
I bet you could have!

The three of you did quite a lot of rides that day. Must have been fun to do a lot that day.

We did! It was quite a lot of fun to do so much in one day, normally we only hit a few rides in a day.

Amazing how much you got done by rope dropping!
This is true, but also we found out later that this was just a lucky day. (Next update)
I think the Swiss/German scene does count for Germany. At least I always think so.
Good to know! :thumbsup2
Great to hear that the Matterhorn was fun and not pain! And better mobility is fantastic! I was going to talk to you about how much you can do with regards to planning for your visit, but it sounds you do have improved quite a bit! How wonderful!!

Well I have improved, however, this current trip has shown me that I have not improved enough. I am still unsteady with stairs, especially ancient ones. I need to work on my knees. I may start seeing a personal trainer once I return to the states.

I'm cheating and catching up while you're away and can't post more updates.
Challenge accepted! :laughing:
I've been to Disneyland twice now and still haven't ridden that one.
You're not missing much.
Bob is the man! No idea how he can keep track of everyone so well.
Why would anyone flake out on VIP treatment?
:confused3
NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...
Just wait until you hear about Bacon in Egypt!
I can understand, after such a big breakfast.

Oh, you mean Lowe's and all.
You and @pkondz :sad2:
That's a true friend right there.
All I can think of there is the tone that beeps every 45 seconds Jeff was telling us about.
Now I have to find out about that!
Hard to believe there's any wait for that one.
It's actually a pretty cool ride. Yes, it's a kiddie ride, no thrills, but since they fixed it up it's got some neat stuff inside.
Cool, glad you can enjoy that one again!
Me too! :teeth:
Wonder why. :rolleyes1
Common mistake. It's forgivable.

Thank you. Now I can't wait for a Dole Whip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter