The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so glad you're doing a PTR!! Everything happens for a reason; we kept the sept trip but it was madness with the storm. All are safe, and we had fun (it is a Disney) but hindsight being 20/20 cancelling wouldn't have. Even the worst choice.

Any who! WE loved POR and I'm dying to take Elora there for a princess room. The kiddos may not fit in that Murphy bed quite so cutely, but they surely will fit. Three grown women (granted your boys may be bigger than each of us) each took a turn in that bed and found it quite comfy!

Flower and garden was going on when I drank around Epcot in 2011. It was an eventful day, long before I was a married mama. You guys will have such fun! Can't wait to see how things unfold!

When we went the first week of May, it was amazing, low crowds, GREAT weather, it literally became my most favorite time to go.
When we returned two weeks later closer to memorial day weekend, it was HOT and a little more crowded, although not insane.
I think early May would be just like September crowds but with better weather. I hope!
:)

Ugh oh.. A new favorite time to go??? So i would have to go every year May Sept and November! LOL!!
that's a lot of money. Just sayin. Good to know My birthday is May 28th. So clearly i will never be there for it! LOL and i am just FINE with it! Halloween time is AMAZING nothing beats MNSSHP. I just love it to bits. But what your telling me May just become another favorite!

We are planning a trip for my 40th, but I am very hesitatant to pull my oldest DD from school. She will be in 11th Grade and I don't want to make it any harder on her than it already is. So, if May doesn't happen for my ACTUAL birthday, our second choice would be Spring Break....ugh....I'm scared to go that week. (Last week of March, 2019) I hear so many horror stories about crowds....although I am a commando trip planner, I would still worry it would be super chaotic and unjoyable.....meh.

HAPPY ALMOST 40! I totally get your apprehension about pulling her out.. I think about it all the time and what am i going to do when the kids get into HS. I guess it will depend on how they are doing.. Only time will tell that one, interested in what you do!
Yikes! Spring break! you trooper you! I am sure you will make it the best ever!

No, we are staying at POR. It was @debedo who was staying at CCV. I would love to stay at the cabins. They have screened in porches, a picnic table, a hottub, and a fireplace. But they cost $2,000 per night and that is way too much money to spend unless we won the lottery. ;)

I am seriously having issues in who says what here.. Clearly i am scattered brained! I blame my thyroid... a little too much? LOL!
How about it those cabins are just amazing! yes the price is way too steep for me. When you win the lottery can we go to the cabins with you? HA HA!
or the bungalows at the poly sounds good too.. :stitch2:

Hey lady! You better crop my fat butt out of that pool pic from POR ;)

No one would have noticed if you hadn't said anything! ya goober!
love ya.

I am here finally. We had a wonderful vacation despite a visit from Irma, that b*tch. Honestly, I slept through the worst of it. Parks were pretty empty Thursday, Friday, Saturday and again on Tuesday. Disney took very good care of everyone. There were only 35 people on the plane coming home on Saturday.

I could be talked into making another costume for a certain minion....

We are going at the end of April....View attachment 270608 Here is a picture of one of the topiaries from F&G - this was in 2014.

YAY! TESS IS BACK!!! HI TESS!!!
giphy.gif

I was stalking you like crazy!! so glad your all OK and you were able to sleep through the storm.. I am sure the parks were empty! Most people ran for the hills! Did you have puppies at the resort? I saw so many fun videos with the locals looking for refuge with their fur babies! You guys are just so super adorable! All your fabulous outfits! To die for.
WOW only 35?? that must have been fantastic! have the whole row to yourself! LOL spread out sleeping across all the seats.. Or is that just me?

Stop. I gush over Meg's belle dress all. the. time. Someone asked to borrow it. I looked at them like they had lobsters growing out of their ears! NO WAY! don't want ANYTHING to happen to that dress! It's going to go on a granddaughter one day!
OH MY GIDDY AUNT! I cannot wait to see all the topiaries! all the beautiful colors! the pictures are going to be AMAZING. and food.. Lots and lots of food.
Post more pictures! i want to hear all about your trip!

I'm so glad you're doing a PTR!! Everything happens for a reason; we kept the sept trip but it was madness with the storm. All are safe, and we had fun (it is a Disney) but hindsight being 20/20 cancelling wouldn't have. Even the worst choice.

Hey there! yep i am here still writing! i will always plan a trip.. ALWAYS! LOL
it does happen for a reason. and i am surprising OK with the results with this trip. I only had to cancel one other time and let me tell you i went into a deep depression! this time not so much especially when i just went ahead and booked for May i knew we were going just a little longer wait.
Are you going to start a trip report? I wanna read. I was up to date with your PTR.

Any who! WE loved POR and I'm dying to take Elora there for a princess room. The kiddos may not fit in that Murphy bed quite so cutely, but they surely will fit. Three grown women (granted your boys may be bigger than each of us) each took a turn in that bed and found it quite comfy!

HA HA! Yes Matt is a bit bigger than that old pic.. He is taller then i am. brat. Zack is about as tall as i am. won't be for long. The boys grow so much faster then my poor peanut.
I am sure Meg will take it, the boys do NOT like sharing a bed with her
she is a kicker and flipper. who knows what they will do. They surprise me daily.
Matt took that bed last time because Zack and Meg were coughing their heads off, He didn't want to catch it.

Flower and garden was going on when I drank around Epcot in 2011. It was an eventful day, long before I was a married mama. You guys will have such fun! Can't wait to see how things unfold!

THANK GOODNESS my kids are old enough which i CAN drink around the world. LOL I am SURE they will grab the camera to catch every darling moment of us....
I cannot wait to see how this ALL GOES!! SO SO EXCITING!!

I am just
giphy.gif

Today

The kids new teacher is a real... well she is something else. I have been emailing the principal who i went to grammar school and hs with him so i can have a real conversation with him.
the latest was- they were told if they have so many questions about the work maybe that school isn't the school for them. seriously???? this woman is cruisin.

If you don't know I despise boards. As in for the kids sports, school, any of it. BUT they BEGGED me to do it last year.
fine
Last year wasn't terrible. This year i am ready to throw tables.
Such ignorance RUDE no common sense. GAH! I have to stay away from all of them before i tell them exactly how i feel about each and every one of them. I just keep remembering i am there to make the kids year the best they can have. only a few more months to go!
you can betcha this will be the last time i do this crap. Next year is the kids LAST year on the bulldogs.
Thank God.
I will finally just be able to sit back and enjoy watching my kids. Game days are my favorite since there is NO talk about board member crap.

They did win this past Sunday and i have YET to take a picture of all of them in their uniforms.
Bad mom i know. This weekend is Homecoming already! I just hope they keep on doing great things!

Hope you all have a great day.
I am going to close my office door and try not to people today!
tumblr_n2zz38tG7b1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Following along. I was looking at POR but wasn't sure about how big the pull out bunk is... So I panicked and booked Poly because of the daybed but it doesn't look as small as I thought in your pics. Can't wait to hear about your plans (and yes boards are evil, running away screaming anytime anyone asks you to volunteer and be a member).

the latest was- they were told if they have so many questions about the work maybe that school isn't the school for them. seriously???? this woman is cruisin.

I HATE when teachers talk to kids like that....seriously, we're not trying to raise them to be condescending to each other, so why talk down to them!? Such a bad example :( and a bad rep for teachers in general!

i have YET to take a picture of all of them in their uniforms.
Bad mom i know. This weekend is Homecoming already!

WHAT!!?! This is hard to believe!!! Is Meg wearing the giant Christmas present on her head bow again this year? :) You know that's my fav!

No, we are staying at POR. It was @debedo who was staying at CCV. I would love to stay at the cabins. They have screened in porches, a picnic table, a hottub, and a fireplace. But they cost $2,000 per night and that is way too much money to spend unless we won the lottery. ;)

The lottery is the only way to go for 2k a night and the points are a little steep for us as well... . whew... we have a regular room and it's the first time we have been there, so excited!

Mo, our home resort is at BW, love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood..but POR is so amazing plus Haywood makes the best omelets! You will love going in May, it's our favorite time to go as well.

Are you going to start a trip report? I wanna read. I was up to date with your PTR.

Haven't started one yet, I've been writing it, but I have photos to comb through, from like 8 different sources! I'll post a link on the PTR once it's p and running.

The kids new teacher is a real... well she is something else.

OOf, I was never a big fan of the homeschooling, until I started looking into school options. I want a good education for DD, and it's very hard to come by these days! Hope classes improve, for her sake. She will have one heck of a problem with you in her room all the time. Mama Bear means business!

Last edited:
There were a lot of puppies at the Boardwalk during the hurricane! They were all so cute - there was a 'puppy parade' through the lobby on Monday morning. Charlie has been on a kick about getting a pug - he watches pug videos all the time. One family had 3 pugs at the hotel - they were absolutely adorable. We have decided though, that we will not get another dog while Lady is still here. She is 15 1/2 and is slowly declining. I'm not sure I can handle another dog right now anyway, since my son Steve is here with his dog.

WOOHOO! A new trip scheduled! If only POFQ had rooms for 5! I personally like it more because you can get beignets every morning! Ok, that is the NOLA girl in me coming out...

Anywho, was sad to hear about the epic trip cancellation but glad you all are getting to get your fix!

I went the first full week in May in 2015 and 2016. Perfect weather (still hot as heck but not quite as humid everyday) and we had exactly one rain shower during both trips. Crowds are relatively low. LOVE Flower and Garden...great food (think mini F&W).

I am keeping it on the down pow...not on FB with it yet, but have a trip booked late Aug early Sept.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hey Mo!

Hope that teacher has her head on straight by now. What an idiot!

We had a good time at Disney, but the crowds were not your typical September crowds. We went to early magic hours at MK and it was a zoo!!! I took a pic of the line at HM at 9:09 and it was almost to Columbia Harbor House!!!! This is what we encountered all week. This was not a favorite trip, but we adjusted and took it more leisurely than we usually do. It beat NOT being at Disney!!

I'm seriously thinking of changing our next trip to May instead of April. Everyone on here makes it sound pretty good. We couldn't take advantage of the bounce back offer bc it was free dining and we have APs. But hoping for room discounts for the spring.

Have you started decorating for Halloween yet??? You always do it up so special. Love the pics you post, so looking forward to this year as well.

Good luck to the munchkins in their football season. I can't believe how big they're getting!!!

HELLO ALL!
204079-Good-Morning-Wishes.jpg

Well try to I am not a fan of Mondays! Especially when this country is falling apart.
What better way to get through it then to come on to the Dis!!

Following along. I was looking at POR but wasn't sure about how big the pull out bunk is... So I panicked and booked Poly because of the daybed but it doesn't look as small as I thought in your pics. Can't wait to hear about your plans (and yes boards are evil, running away screaming anytime anyone asks you to volunteer and be a member).

WELCOME!!! So glad you are following along!
We do love POR! It's pretty big for a pull out. Matt is my largest kid and he fit on it without any issues I was able to lay on it too. Not my husband. Correct me.. I thought the poly now has the same pull out? Or still the couch? I can't remember anymore!
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS YEAR OVER! when the next year comes someone slap the idea out of my head to be on any boards again please???

I HATE when teachers talk to kids like that....seriously, we're not trying to raise them to be condescending to each other, so why talk down to them!? Such a bad example :( and a bad rep for teachers in general!

This teacher is a joke. My kids are normally really respectful. Until they are REALLY DISRESPECTED. Well the goof tried some crap on Zack which apparently he full on Laughed in her face. I thought i was going to get a phone call over this one..
They apparently knew this wasn't going to end well since i have several complaints against her- nor have my kids ever acted like this.
Still. you cannot laugh in an adult face dude... :sad2:

WHAT!!?! This is hard to believe!!! Is Meg wearing the giant Christmas present on her head bow again this year? :) You know that's my fav!

Oh she is.. and ya know what? I STILL DON'T HAVE A DANG PICTURE of them all together.. I really need to fix this!

The lottery is the only way to go for 2k a night and the points are a little steep for us as well... . whew... we have a regular room and it's the first time we have been there, so excited!

Mo, our home resort is at BW, love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood..but POR is so amazing plus Haywood makes the best omelets! You will love going in May, it's our favorite time to go as well.

I really hope you post some pictures i would LOVE to see and and hear all your thoughts on the room!!!!!

More and more people are telling me how AMAZING BW is.. Maybe in May we will take a quick trip down there?!?! that's all i am going to say about that right now..
Haywood? I cannot eat eggs but will pass your recommendation along to the family!!
I really am excited to see everything in May!

Haven't started one yet, I've been writing it, but I have photos to comb through, from like 8 different sources! I'll post a link on the PTR once it's p and running.

Slacker.

I am going to post something about the photo thing in a minute.

Let me know when you have it up.. I miss a lot around here..

OOf, I was never a big fan of the homeschooling, until I started looking into school options. I want a good education for DD, and it's very hard to come by these days! Hope classes improve, for her sake. She will have one heck of a problem with you in her room all the time. Mama Bear means business!

I want a good education too.. I cannot give it! HA HA HA just kidding.
The teacher has to learn you get respect by giving it first this are amazing kids. The whole class are full of great kids. IF she gave them the chance. but that's out of the question at this point.

There were a lot of puppies at the Boardwalk during the hurricane! They were all so cute - there was a 'puppy parade' through the lobby on Monday morning. Charlie has been on a kick about getting a pug - he watches pug videos all the time. One family had 3 pugs at the hotel - they were absolutely adorable. We have decided though, that we will not get another dog while Lady is still here. She is 15 1/2 and is slowly declining. I'm not sure I can handle another dog right now anyway, since my son Steve is here with his dog.

OMG 15 1/2? Your one amazing puppy mom! I know Lady is in wonderful hand and i just hate when they get older so fast.. we can learn a lot from our fur babies.

I saw a few posts about the puppy parade I am sure it was fun to watch. Disney does go out of its way to help. Do you have pictures??! You know i need them.
Did Charlie just sit with the pug family?? Get his pug fix? so sweet!
AS in the day of Steve???
What kind of dog does he have?

WOOHOO! A new trip scheduled! If only POFQ had rooms for 5! I personally like it more because you can get beignets every morning! Ok, that is the NOLA girl in me coming out...

Hi there!
YES a new and improved trip!! I think they are OK. not a must have. :duck:
There is just so much more yummies to have.

Anywho, was sad to hear about the epic trip cancellation but glad you all are getting to get your fix!

Thanks. it was for the best! now i have this to look forward to.

ent the first full week in May in 2015 and 2016. Perfect weather (still hot as heck but not quite as humid everyday) and we had exactly one rain shower during both trips. Crowds are relatively low. LOVE Flower and Garden...great food (think mini F&W).

The crowds are what i am hesitant about- you know i love my sept crowd levels!!
Yes Flower and Garden is what i am really looking forward too!! DIFFERENT STUFF! yay and more and more yummies.

I am keeping it on the down pow...not on FB with it yet, but have a trip booked late Aug early Sept.

Do you now.. where- what- is going on there?

Can't wait to hear more!

I can't wait to tell you.. When i know! HA :rotfl:

So glad you've got a new trip booked!! We stayed at POR in March and loved it. I'm excite for you!!

Thank you!!
Isn't it just beautiful? Disney does resorts beautifully!!

Hey Mo!
Hope that teacher has her head on straight by now. What an idiot!

Hi Lois! The teacher is a dweeb. i can't like her.. just can't

We had a good time at Disney, but the crowds were not your typical September crowds. We went to early magic hours at MK and it was a zoo!!! I took a pic of the line at HM at 9:09 and it was almost to Columbia Harbor House!!!! This is what we encountered all week. This was not a favorite trip, but we adjusted and took it more leisurely than we usually do. It beat NOT being at Disney!!

really now.. Not so low anymore?
When did you go again??
Your right as long as your there nothing can bother you too much!

I'm seriously thinking of changing our next trip to May instead of April. Everyone on here makes it sound pretty good. We couldn't take advantage of the bounce back offer bc it was free dining and we have APs. But hoping for room discounts for the spring.

i think you should go during our dates..
Just saying.

Have you started decorating for Halloween yet??? You always do it up so special. Love the pics you post, so looking forward to this year as well.

I have not. This week it starts! YAY! I will take pictures!
I wonder what mischievous things will happen!

Good luck to the munchkins in their football season. I can't believe how big they're getting!!!

Thank you! It's the worst year with the board and how things are run.. I don't see the love for the game or the kids in the coaches either.. something needs to change.
The kids are huge.

I think we will try Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter on our next trip! I can't wait to hear how you like it.

It's really a beautiful resort. We love it there and i promise to take TONS of pictures and Video!!

Well now i need you all..
If you know me you now 50% of my life is behind a lens. the other is working some job..

I am also into organization. I noticed Flickr isn't all that organized like Photobucket was. They have ways to do it. But the beginning is all over the place.

What are you all using now for photo sharing??

I will post some random pictures from past weekends and football. I haven't had a chance to edit my real ones!

This is what i still see:

Matt is 51

Zack is 25

This just cracks me up: they stop to pose?

fest time

I don't know how video works??

I haven't posted a stevie pic in a while:

learning stuff

this is when it finally hit me the boys needed hair cuts

Clownin

Umm hello teenager??

hair cut..

Before:

after

I will jump on tomorrow or wednesday to do a Disney update!

Your kids are SO big!!! Love the action shots, and Peanut as a little cheerleader!!

I've been using Flickr....it's not great, but I have nothing else to compare it to, so it works OK for me!

WELCOME!!! So glad you are following along!
We do love POR! It's pretty big for a pull out. Matt is my largest kid and he fit on it without any issues I was able to lay on it too. Not my husband. Correct me.. I thought the poly now has the same pull out? Or still the couch? I can't remember anymore!
The Poly has the daybeds which have a twin size mattress. I've slept on one and it was very comfy. The Murphy beds at POR are smaller than that.

More and more people are telling me how AMAZING BW is.. Maybe in May we will take a quick trip down there?!?!
We aren't fans of the BWI. In fact, it is one deluxe we will never stay at again. But there are lots of fans out there, just as there are for every deluxe resort. Yacht Club and Beach Club are much better. The resort layout is better and the main pool is the best on property. ;)

I am also into organization. I noticed Flickr isn't all that organized like Photobucket was. They have ways to do it. But the beginning is all over the place.

What are you all using now for photo sharing??
I still store my photos on Photobucket. Then I edit them, download the edited photos to my computer, and then upload the edited pcitures straight from my computer to whatever website I am posting to.

Jeez... tell those kids to STOP!!! Seriously!!! They are growing way too fast. It's not right!

Loving all the pics and looking forward to Disney updates. :lovestruc

Love you, mean it!

D~

Oh my goodness look how they've grown! That photo of little Peanut is just precious!

I've been putting my photos on Imgur since Photobucket messed up. It's not perfect, but it works. You can upload photos into files, etc, so there's some organisation there.

Your kids are SO big!!! Love the action shots, and Peanut as a little cheerleader!!

tell me about it. The boys are turning into giants.

I've been using Flickr....it's not great, but I have nothing else to compare it to, so it works OK for me!

I have flickr I don't like having to remove half the URL code. nor do i like the organization of it all..
DANG YOU PHOTOBUCKET! you ruined a perfectly good thing for me.

The Poly has the daybeds which have a twin size mattress. I've slept on one and it was very comfy. The Murphy beds at POR are smaller than that.

AH HA! Thank you for clearing that up for me!
this is a twin bed?
disney-s-polynesian-village.jpg

That's HUGE!!

It looks the same size?
PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo02_large.jpg

I haven't stayed at the Poly in so so (still angry about it) long they didn't have the murphy bed only the pull out couch! so what do i know.. LOL!

We aren't fans of the BWI. In fact, it is one deluxe we will never stay at again. But there are lots of fans out there, just as there are for every deluxe resort. Yacht Club and Beach Club are much better. The resort layout is better and the main pool is the best on property.

REALLY?!?! your the first person I've heard from who isn't a huge fan. I don't like the fact it doesn't have a more secluded QS to run to. This is one resort i would want to stay CL just for that alone.. LOL
Your right there are different opinions for everyone - Yacht and Beach has the sand bottom right?
You know my bucket list is to stay at all of the deluxe resorts!

I still store my photos on Photobucket. Then I edit them, download the edited photos to my computer, and then upload the edited pcitures straight from my computer to whatever website I am posting to.

How do you upload them straight to the Dis? i thought it HAD to have a host site with URL? tell me more!

Jeez... tell those kids to STOP!!! Seriously!!! They are growing way too fast. It's not right!

Loving all the pics and looking forward to Disney updates. :lovestruc

Love you, mean it!

D~

They are giants.. Except peanut.. she is still small..

Thanks!
Love you too!

Oh my goodness look how they've grown! That photo of little Peanut is just precious!

I've been putting my photos on Imgur since Photobucket messed up. It's not perfect, but it works. You can upload photos into files, etc, so there's some organisation there.

GIANTS! i tell you! Thanks i still see them all like that.. I wish i can go back in time!
IMGUR huh? I am going to check that out today!! THANK YOU!!

Wow your kids have really grown. When did that happen?
Our Fest is completely different. It's on the seminary grounds as is a Christian music festival. No drinking there extra for sodas and water.
Liz

The POR mattress is narrower and shorter than the mattress in a daybed at a deluxe resort. The dimensions are listed somewhere on the POR facts thread.

When the Dis made that huge change to their website a few years ago they added the ability to upload pictures from your computer or phone if they are small enough. You no longer need to use a host like Photobucket. You use the "upload a file" button next to the “post reply” button to upload your pictures. If you are adding a picture to a post that you are editing than you use the "more options" button to find the upload button.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter