Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Honestly I ran Dark Side (which sounds like a similar course to the W&D one) with a friend and ...didn't really notice/mind the scenery? It was dark for a bunch of it, they lit up the tree tunnel so it was kind of like going down the trench in the Star Wars movie (that part was actually cool), and I was talking with my friend for the whole run so I was distracted.

I highly recommend recruiting someone to run with. Improves the whole experience.

(I'll be dragging my sisters through their first half at Dopey. They're not doing Dopey, but I am.)

Honestly I ran Dark Side (which sounds like a similar course to the W&D one) with a friend and ...didn't really notice/mind the scenery? It was dark for a bunch of it, they lit up the tree tunnel so it was kind of like going down the trench in the Star Wars movie (that part was actually cool), and I was talking with my friend for the whole run so I was distracted.

I highly recommend recruiting someone to run with. Improves the whole experience.

(I'll be dragging my sisters through their first half at Dopey. They're not doing Dopey, but I am.)
I usually run alone and without music, so it was a drag.

Well...that is unfortunate for this loner too. :rotfl2:

giphy.gif

I usually run alone and without music, so it was a drag.
Well...that is unfortunate for this loner too. :rotfl2:

giphy.gif
It was actually my first race with a friend. I lucked out! And he's had a moment of insanity and committed to running the marathon with me too! Which is good, because I had no family members I could drag into that one.

I normally run most of my races alone but with music. Lack of scenery doesn't really bother me because my regular trail run is kind of eh too in that regard so it's not much different? But maybe the music helps. I've also done audiobooks.

Hey, hey, hey!

No major news but a few things.

I ran three times this past week. Nothing extraordinary but something of course. I have decided to try something new. In the summer I typically go over to the weight room at my high school which I attended and now coach at. I get a work out and help out the kids there and such. So instead of driving I am going to run to and from. It is only 1.3ish miles each way but I thought it would be a thing to try. Mixing the running and cross training. Long runs would have to come on the weekend.

Other news, I booked my return flight from Wine and Dine. I was tempted to book a flight on Nov. 6th because it was a lot cheaper but I checked today and the last non-stop flight out of MCO to MKE was about $70 cheaper than it was previously so I jumped on it. So I will be coming home Nov. 5th leaving MCO at 8PM.

Lastly, I will hopefully be booking my Marathon Weekend resort this week. I am between Caribbean Beach and Pop Century. I have never stayed at CBR and the rate is good enough for me to try it. I am thinking though that if I do Dopey I probably will just do Pop to save money.

Anyways that is it for now!

Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey!
(Is Caribbean Beach still a giant construction zone? I can't remember. If it is, I'd go Pop either way.)

Ha! My flight leaves the 5th at 7:45. Perhaps we’ll share the same Tragical Express. Although I’ve considered uber depending on how early the bus wants to pick up.

Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey! Dopey!
(Is Caribbean Beach still a giant construction zone? I can't remember. If it is, I'd go Pop either way.)

I know probably Dopey...

CBR will still have work going on in Jan. 2019 but there should be less of it. Food areas should be completed by January.

Ha! My flight leaves the 5th at 7:45. Perhaps we’ll share the same Tragical Express. Although I’ve considered uber depending on how early the bus wants to pick up.

Cool! Bus should be about 3 hours prior to flight time. I can deal with 3 hours. The 4 hour pick up I had in January was a bit much.

Other news, I booked my return flight from Wine and Dine. I was tempted to book a flight on Nov. 6th because it was a lot cheaper but I checked today and the last non-stop flight out of MCO to MKE was about $70 cheaper than it was previously so I jumped on it. So I will be coming home Nov. 5th leaving MCO at 8PM.

My flight is at 9pm on the 5th but because it's an international flight, I get picked up 4 hours before. :(
How much is it to uber to MCO?

My flight is at 9pm on the 5th but because it's an international flight, I get picked up 4 hours before. :(
How much is it to uber to MCO?

Four hours in advance is nuts! Even with the horrendous security lines, you don't need that much time.

Just looked up our receipts. We used lift. It was $31.72. I don't know or remember if that included tip

Thanks for checking! That's not bad!

Four hours in advance is nuts! Even with the horrendous security lines, you don't need that much time.
I know! And I have Nexus / TSA Pre-check so I'm usually wandering around the airport for a couple of hours.

Now for you guys to join in, what do you guy do for speed work/getting faster. I do nothing. I go out and run. I try to stick under a 10 min/mile pace and I feel happy with that. I don't really have access to a track so I do loops around my neighborhood when I run. It helps with hydration so then I can just run by my house for water instead of bringing it with me.

Interesting question. Honestly, I don't like speed work much and rarely do it. I'll occasionally do speed work or tempo running when I'm stuck using the treadmill, just to keep the workout interesting, but when I'm running outside, I focus more on volume (the goal being 50 mpw) and don't really pay attention to speed at all, other than trying to keep it easy. Substituting more volume for workouts last year, I experienced similar results in my race times and still managed to BQ in my target marathon. For the newer or lower volume runner, I think more easy miles is the best advice. You'll still see improvement (up to a point, of course - you'll need "quality" miles at some future point) and minimize your injury risk.

Update!

Honestly I had a great week. I ran 3 times to and from working out so roughly 2.5 miles total. I worked out 4 days including today but didn't run to and form today because it was pouring. I plan on continuing this for the summer. I will then mix in longer runs on the weekend since 2.5 miles isn't much.

In terms of upcoming races I likely will be doing the Brewers Mini in September. I haven't signed up yet but I have until August before the price increases.

I did change some reservations around for Wine and Dine weekend.

11/1 - Sanaa Lunch
11/2 Tony's Lunch
11/3 - Chefs de France Dinner
11/4 - Cali Grill Brunch
11/5 - Boathouse Lunch

I am still debating if I want to change anything else during that time.

Now for Marathon Weekend I went back and forth on where to stay but I booked Pop Century. It was a good group rate and I probably will be doing Dopey so I need to pay for that...

That is all for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter