Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

I will probably do a lot of park hopping. I will have to do the rest of DHS outside of TSL too. I can easily walk or take the boat to Epcot from DHS too for Food and Wine things. I did end up booking a Eat to the Beat dining package.
I looked at the packages but I’ve heard more than enough of Taylor Dayne and I have no idea who High Valley or whoever that is. And I agree with @SarahDisney you won’t need more than a day at DHS, even if you did all the shows and rides as well. Love DHS, but it has been pretty empty as of late. Makes for a quick day.

I looked at the packages but I’ve heard more than enough of Taylor Dayne and I have no idea who High Valley or whoever that is. And I agree with @SarahDisney you won’t need more than a day at DHS, even if you did all the shows and rides as well. Love DHS, but it has been pretty empty as of late. Makes for a quick day.
I did it for High Valley. They are a country duo and I know their song She's with Me.

I did it for High Valley. They are a country duo and I know their song She's with Me.
And they're Canadian! (that's what I was told anyway...)

I looked at the packages but I’ve heard more than enough of Taylor Dayne
And she has had WAY too much work done on her face. lol

I was hoping to do the champagne seminar but it's sold out. I may do the wine one.

Yeah I still will probably do TSL twice since its new for me.

Okay, but if you're short on time, remember that you'll be back in January. You're fully welcome to join the post-marathon EMH shenanigans at DHS.

I feel like I would need to ride Slinky Dog more than once but don't want to wait in line, hence FP+ on 2 or more days. How was the Swirling Saucer ride?

We did Slinky without FP+ twice, but we were also there before the park opened both days.
Alien Swirling Saucers was fun, but I don't know that it's a must do. If you've been to Disneyland, it's pretty much the same as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, but with aliens and spaceships instead of tractors. I think the lines are usually medium manageable, but since I've never been in TSL when the park was open to all guests, I'm not entirely sure.

Okay, but if you're short on time, remember that you'll be back in January. You're fully welcome to join the post-marathon EMH shenanigans at DHS.

We did Slinky without FP+ twice, but we were also there before the park opened both days.
Alien Swirling Saucers was fun, but I don't know that it's a must do. If you've been to Disneyland, it's pretty much the same as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, but with aliens and spaceships instead of tractors. I think the lines are usually medium manageable, but since I've never been in TSL when the park was open to all guests, I'm not entirely sure.
I maximize my time as much as possible. I won't get much sleep but does anyone on race weekends?

Yes it is...

I can't decide either. I only have 5 days and it will be my first TSL experience and my first Food and Wine experience. I can't skip my fave park AK either.
I'm still figuring out my marathon weekend park plans. I don't know that I'll do much park hopping on race days, but the Monday and Tuesday after could change. For now they're loosely based on ADRs. Tenative plan is AK on Thursday (hoping to possibly hit Navi River Journey at park open and thus experience that without a ridiculously long line and save my FP+ for Flight of Passage. MK on Friday and DHS on Saturday for ADR reasons, Epcot after the full because I think it offers the most sitting down attractions without long lines.

I will probably be there too. I haven't even looked at the EMH calendar. There is never enough time on a Disney trip.
Even when you spend a week down there, this is absolutely true. Someday I'll eat at Disney Springs.

What time does DHS close on the day of the marathon?

I'm curious to see if the little green aliens from Toy Story improve an attraction that I'm more or less neutral on.

I maximize my time as much as possible. I won't get much sleep but does anyone on race weekends?
I at least attempt to be in bed around 8:30 to 9:00pm the night before a race, but sleep is relative on race weekends.

I'm not familiar, what is "sleep"?
"Sleep, that's where I'm a viking!" Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons.

Park closes at 8pm + EMH from 8-10.
I thought it was really cute, but I also love Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, for what it's worth.
Junkyard Jamboree can whip me around a bit more than I like, but I love how they did that attraction. Mater singing cracks me up every time.

I can’t not eat at disney springs now!
I need to visit Disney World again when not running a race. My last 3 visits were tied to races and my next visit is also tied to a race. I prioritize park time over Disney Springs and since races drastically reduce park time, especially late night park time, something has to give.

I need to visit Disney World again when not running a race. My last 3 visits were tied to races and my next visit is also tied to a race. I prioritize park time over Disney Springs and since races drastically reduce park time, especially late night park time, something has to give.
I am eating at Boathouse in November and are Homecomin in Jan. Both top dining locations for me. I need to try some others tho.

I am eating at Boathouse in November and are Homecomin in Jan. Both top dining locations for me. I need to try some others tho.
I've heard great things about both. I'm just hesitant to try Homecomin before Dopey and have in park plans to celebrate Dopey.

Culver’s is a staple here in WI (it originated here) and it’s my favorite fast food place. Definitely will be hard to do but if I can minimize it as much as possible it will be a success.

My little old town here in FL is getting a Culver’s. At least that’s what we keep being told. The site has been under construction for a year now!

I have always wanted to go to another states fair to see how it compares. We had a record breaking fair this year with well over 1 million visitors.

Come to Funkytown. I will take you to eat Idiocracy food and meet Big Tex.

Update!

So I kind of stopped with the fair updates towards the end. You can check my twitter if you are curious. I only ended up gaining a couple pounds over the 11 days. I was still active during those 11 days too. I am going on a fast food strike. Trying to eat as little as possible. I think fast food has been an issue for me for a long time. I am not overweight by any means but I want to do better.

Back into the swing of things running wise I think. Ran the last two days, break today, run again tomorrow.

I have until tomorrow until the price increases on the Brewers mini and I am still unsure what to do. I want to but then I don't want to.

FP day for me for Wine and Dine is just over 2 weeks away!

Try to work in something green in there and you'll be just fine.

Morimoto, Boathouse, Paddlefish, Maria & Enzo's and Terralina are all my must-do's. Homecomin' is fine - but I have enough southern food here that I don't feel the need to eat there. Now, to get my squeeze bottle filled with Sweet Tea Shine? That's a completely different story ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter