Themed Magic bans.... sold out?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
I went online today to upgrade to themed magic bands. The two we wanted were no longer available? It was the stitch one and Toy Story Land one. Anyone know if they are sold out or just a glitch?? I noticed there seemed to be others missing too.

I'd assume sold out for now... I'm sure they were slammed with orders. I also noticed since I ordered a custom one it is no longer changeable (before I was able to change my mind on colors up until about the time they shipped).

Let's hope they restock soon. We couldn't make up our minds the other day and now the ones we were considering are gone.

I am peeved. I saw the choices of the themes and was checking with the other parties which they would want and a few hours all of them gone! what the heck? I didn't know they were running on a limited supply. I have 38 days yet to order, will this change everyday? IT would have been nice to know the the themes were time limited. Thanks Disney! :(

The rainbow Mickey was just released though, wasn't it? And there were a few others I thought were recent releases.
I believe so.
That and this is now what seems to be a permanent feature so after they clear out the extras, then what? It wasn’t *just* a ploy to get rid of extras (bonus though, sure) but the way it has been handled was a fail.

I had the opportunity Monday to choose any of the available upgrade bands and didn't really like any of them. I stayed with my original solid colors. Since it appears they will be sent out early, I have some ideas of my own.

The solid orange I chose months ago is now gone too. The only choices are green or grey so I hope there are more choices again soon.

This is just ridiculous!!!! 2 hours ago it was down to only 6 out of like 50 that were there yesterday left to choose from...... Now can't even pull up the page with the bands.
Oh for heaven sake Disney!!!! No wonder people are getting so fed up! just RIDICULOUS!!!

They just posted this message:

"MagicBand UpgradesMagicBand Upgrades
Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible."

Must have been why that page was down just a bit ago.

This on the website. I ordered our 3 (Ariel, Elsa, Spaceship Earth) on Monday afternoon with no problems.

Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.Due to strong popularity, our selection of MagicBand upgrade options is currently limited. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new and renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.
Close

Oh wow, I am really surprised that they sold out that fast. I ordered ones for my daughter and I when they became available on Monday (we got 4 since we will be doing a split stay and I was surprised it let me pick for both reservations) but now I am wondering if we will get them or if they will be backordered.

I'm a bit concerned, we picked ours on day 1, placed the order, got the confirmation. But after seeing this news, I checked our MB page and i can see that 3 of us have the special designed MB next to our icons, however, my 9-year-old son's profile just shows a grey band where his designed band should be.

I really hope it's just a glitch and he will get his MB b/c i would hate for the whole family to get special ones and he gets shut out. I'll buy him one of his choice when we get on site, but it would really suck as a 9-year-old to open that box and see everyone else's cool designs and his grey band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter