Themed Magic bans.... sold out?

”Due to strong popularity”...

Yes. As in everyone who has a current resort reservation that will be ordering MBs for it might very well have gotten them.

How could Disney NOT expect this? They had to have known perfectly well that this would be wildly popular.

Why do they not learn from the data they have to have? There’s no way this could have been a surprise.

Whenever I go to my Magicbands page in MDE, it only shows my Magicbands from previous trips. I am not seeing any of the 4 I ordered. The charge for them also did not go through until today, and I bought them on Monday at around 8 PM...usually purchases from Disney come out of my bank acct right away.

So I am interested in seeing I get any of the ones I ordered on Monday.

I am also interested in seeing whether they stay $10 when they come back in stock...

Just an FYI with my experience so far.... Once you complete a purchase for the themed magic bands you cannot go back and adjust like you can with the solid colors. I got a Vadar one and Villains one on Monday. Money was taken out within a few minutes of finishing the transaction, confirmation email was sent immediately and i just received a shipping email. I am going to assume these will have to be linked in MDE unlike the solid colors that come ready to go. I hope everyone gets the ones they want.

Wondering for those that got shipping confirmation - are your trips coming up very soon? We just got confirmation emails, but nothing with shipping info.

I'm a bit concerned, we picked ours on day 1, placed the order, got the confirmation. But after seeing this news, I checked our MB page and i can see that 3 of us have the special designed MB next to our icons, however, my 9-year-old son's profile just shows a grey band where his designed band should be.

I really hope it's just a glitch and he will get his MB b/c i would hate for the whole family to get special ones and he gets shut out. I'll buy him one of his choice when we get on site, but it would really suck as a 9-year-old to open that box and see everyone else's cool designs and his grey band.

My son's also shows as grey as opposed to the Pirates of the Caribbean band he chose. I will not be happy either.

Wondering for those that got shipping confirmation - are your trips coming up very soon? We just got confirmation emails, but nothing with shipping info.

July 3rd is our check in so not soon enough that they should be shipping like a normal solid color band. That's why I assume I will have to link them myself as it seems very similar to just buying a magic band from shop Disney.

The shipping email also states that the themed bands are Sold from Magic Kingdom INC where the solid colors are from Disney Worldwide.

I am not really surprised they are sold out.

I was able to pre order for September 2020. I didn't as there were none that really caught my eye - but if this is the case for everyone essentially anyone with a reservation for the next 2 years could order them - seems a bit silly tbh.

We in the UK so they would have to be picked up at resort.

I am not really surprised they are sold out.

I was able to pre order for September 2020. I didn't as there were none that really caught my eye - but if this is the case for everyone essentially anyone with a reservation for the next 2 years could order them - seems a bit silly tbh.

We in the UK so they would have to be picked up at resort.

bingo, I think that was the problem (not you...the system) It allowed anyone with reservations, regardless of length to order. Hindsight is 20/20, but they should have released them in groups of a few months and then restocked...wash, rinse, repeat.

I ordered two (one for my DD and one for myself) this morning. The page where I paid showed everything correctly, and showed I was charged $21. I got an email confirmation showing payment for just my MagicBand. When I look on MDE, it shows a blue MagicBand for DD.

We happen to have a split stay. So for the other half of our trip, I chose a solid color for myself and the character my DD wanted. I was afraid that it was sold out, and that’s why it didn’t work with our first stay. Surprise, it went through. I have an email confirmation showing her MagicBand.

I have no idea why it wouldn’t let me have both as part of the same stay. I will never cease to be astounded by the number of technical glitches Disney seems to have. It’s worth noting, as well, that I had to try repeatedly to place both of my orders. I kept getting errors...but I persisted. Finally the orders went through. I dont know if I should be concerned or not that the pictures in MDE are showing solid colors (grey for me and purple for DD) where I had ordered the character MagicBands. If Disney charges my card and actually sends solid colors, I will be complaining.

July 3rd is our check in so not soon enough that they should be shipping like a normal solid color band. That's why I assume I will have to link them myself as it seems very similar to just buying a magic band from shop Disney.

The shipping email also states that the themed bands are Sold from Magic Kingdom INC where the solid colors are from Disney Worldwide.

The Captain America band I ordered is already showing up as active in my MDE. It shipped today.

bingo, I think that was the problem (not you...the system) It allowed anyone with reservations, regardless of length to order. Hindsight is 20/20, but they should have released them in groups of a few months and then restocked...wash, rinse, repeat.
Amen. My trip is in a month and a half. Kind of ridiculous that Disney allowed anyone to order regardless of how far out their trip is leaving very little availability for those of us traveling soon. I'm not going to worry about it. It's not like they are giving away free upgraded magic bands, they still cost $10 each and for that I will just as soon take the free solid colors over this craziness and Disney will lose out on my $50.

Well, we aren’t going till October. So when I upgraded our bands Monday, I thought that they would still wait till a couple weeks out to ship them. My account is showing our upgrades and I received a confirmation email. But I haven’t received a shipment email. Our Disney Visa was charged. So I hope it all went through.

We're not going to October so I thought I would wait until closer to our trip...hopefully they work out the kinks and restock before then...

Well, we aren’t going till October. So when I upgraded our bands Monday, I thought that they would still wait till a couple weeks out to ship them. My account is showing our upgrades and I received a confirmation email. But I haven’t received a shipment email. Our Disney Visa was charged. So I hope it all went through.

They wont ship them out until a few weeks before your trip.

Amen. My trip is in a month and a half. Kind of ridiculous that Disney allowed anyone to order regardless of how far out their trip is leaving very little availability for those of us traveling soon. I'm not going to worry about it. It's not like they are giving away free upgraded magic bands, they still cost $10 each and for that I will just as soon take the free solid colors over this craziness and Disney will lose out on my $50.

You pay your deposit, you are able to pick your magic band. They wouldn't be able to try and add the option for people to buy discounted band at a later date, but still allowing them to customize the complimentary bands as soon as they book.

You pay your deposit, you are able to pick your magic band. They wouldn't be able to try and add the option for people to buy discounted band at a later date, but still allowing them to customize the complimentary bands as soon as they book.
From what I'm reading though, the upgraded ones are being charged and shipping immediately even though people's trips might be very far out? Not to mention, it's a lot more complicated to let everyone choose their bands so far in advance when they are allowing many more options and inventory and styles of these customized bands will likely be changing frequently. I don't think Disney thought everything through before rolling this out. The options currently available are pretty pathetic and not worth $10/band to me. We're down to 7 customized choices currently and I need 5 bands.

I ordered them for July 6th trip. Paid and got the confirmation email. Not going to sweat it till July 5th.

I ordered Tuesday. Got my confirmation email and my credit card was charged. However when I try to go in to see it doesn’t show any magic bands next to our names and then it shows me a page of the seven dwarves “fixing” the page. I’ve read elsewhere that someone got their order but 1 band was sold out so they were sent a standard gray one...it will be interesting to see what happens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter