Themed Magic bans.... sold out?

This backs up my theory that these "free" upgrades were just extra inventory sitting in a warehouse. Brilliant marketing on Disney's part really.
I don't think it's brilliant, but a total fail since they've teased the offer for custom bands and then left the majority of their customers with NO choices, including the standard colors that anyone could have chosen last week. Once again WDW will be trying to fix a problem that they created.

We used to get the stickers from magic your band. I wonder how this affects that business. Disney will surely expand to a wider selection since people are snapping these up.

I'm confused as to how the solid colored ones are "selling out". Those have always been an option and I've never seen a solid color not be available.

I'm confused as to how the solid colored ones are "selling out". Those have always been an option and I've never seen a solid color not be available.

Because if you wanted just one "special" band ($10) you had to select a MB for everyone in your party even if it wasn't one of the $10 ones, and that probably took alot out of stock where others wouldn't necessarily have chosen their band just yet.

Because if you wanted just one "special" band ($10) you had to select a MB for everyone in your party even if it wasn't one of the $10 ones, and that probably took alot out of stock where others wouldn't necessarily have chosen their band just yet.
Well that just doesn't seem smart on Disney's part. If my trip was coming up soon and I ended up with a color I didn't want I wouldn't be happy.

Well that just doesn't seem smart on Disney's part. If my trip was coming up soon and I ended up with a color I didn't want I wouldn't be happy.

For those with trips coming up soon, they probably have already picked out their MB colors. :)

All the solid colors are showing up now, so it's hard to know if their earlier disappearance was a glitch or if they were sold out. You know, because Disney's website is always so reliable. :rotfl2::badpc:

Hi all - my two cents - have an upcoming trip check-in 21JUN. The cut-off for pre-ordering free MBs and having them mailed was originally 21MAY listed in my reservation. I ordered 3 specialty $10 MBs on Monday 20MAY evening just in time, received the purchase confirmation email ASAP, and my credit card charge for $30 is still sitting in pending status. However, I received an email just now that MBs are en route now via USPS. When I look at my MBs in my account, it shows only 2 special MBs confirmed (Olaf and Minnie), and then the 3rd MB reverted back to the standard Green free MB. I had originally ordered the Sorcerer Mickey in place of that Green MB, so maybe the Sorcerer Mickey one went out of stock by the time my order was processed. I'll report back what I actually receive in the mail and also how the credit card charge finally appears if indeed we only receive 2 out of the 3 specialty $10 MBs. Thanks!

Hi all - my two cents - have an upcoming trip check-in 21JUN. The cut-off for pre-ordering free MBs and having them mailed was originally 21MAY listed in my reservation. I ordered 3 specialty $10 MBs on Monday 20MAY evening just in time, received the purchase confirmation email ASAP, and my credit card charge for $30 is still sitting in pending status. However, I received an email just now that MBs are en route now via USPS. When I look at my MBs in my account, it shows only 2 special MBs confirmed (Olaf and Minnie), and then the 3rd MB reverted back to the standard Green free MB. I had originally ordered the Sorcerer Mickey in place of that Green MB, so maybe the Sorcerer Mickey one went out of stock by the time my order was processed. I'll report back what I actually receive in the mail and also how the credit card charge finally appears if indeed we only receive 2 out of the 3 specialty $10 MBs. Thanks!
I ordered two custom bands for my August trip on May 20 and received a confirmation. My credit card has not been charged and one band, Sorcerer Mickey is showing on my activated bands, but there is no image for the Rainbow Mickey one I ordered my daughter. It shows an activated band with no picture. I got a tracking notice, so will have to see what shows up . . . She was so excited, I'm hoping they don't sub another color for hers. 🤞

I ordered two custom bands for my August trip on May 20 and received a confirmation. My credit card has not been charged and one band, Sorcerer Mickey is showing on my activated bands, but there is no image for the Rainbow Mickey one I ordered my daughter. It shows an activated band with no picture. I got a tracking notice, so will have to see what shows up . . . She was so excited, I'm hoping they don't sub another color for hers. 🤞

I ordered three custom bands on 5/20. One of them is also not showing an image, but there is a number showing it is activated. The other two have images. I am really curious what it means that there is no image. Received shipping notice, and tracking info shows a Tuesday delivery.

I ordered 4 bands for our trip at Christmas. I received a confirmation email, the bands are showing up as active on our accounts already, but I don’t see a credit card charge and no information about shipping.

We arrive in mid November. I have a notice that my band has shipped, but no charge on my CC. Very strange.

I tried to order one Monday morning and received a message of that page wasn't available. I tried again that night and I was able to get one. 24 hours later I am hearing that many designs were sold out. WOW!!!

Well, we aren’t going till October. So when I upgraded our bands Monday, I thought that they would still wait till a couple weeks out to ship them. My account is showing our upgrades and I received a confirmation email. But I haven’t received a shipment email. Our Disney Visa was charged. So I hope it all went through.
My email stated I would not receive my band until closer to my vacation time. Which means I will not receive it until August.

All this talk about bands not showing up is making me nervous. I just checked and my band is still showing. I am not able to change my option.

My email stated I would not receive my band until closer to my vacation time. Which means I will not receive it until August.

I went back and read the confirmation email again. mine said the same. Says that they will be sent out approximately 10 days prior to our trip. I certainly hope they have the bands I chose at that time. They definitely charged me the $20. Will tick me off a bit if they don’t, since I bought them the morning they opened sales on them.

I'm a bit concerned, we picked ours on day 1, placed the order, got the confirmation. But after seeing this news, I checked our MB page and i can see that 3 of us have the special designed MB next to our icons, however, my 9-year-old son's profile just shows a grey band where his designed band should be.

I really hope it's just a glitch and he will get his MB b/c i would hate for the whole family to get special ones and he gets shut out. I'll buy him one of his choice when we get on site, but it would really suck as a 9-year-old to open that box and see everyone else's cool designs and his grey band.
well as unfortunately forecast, I got my MB order today and 3 out of the 4 bands were upgrades. My little guy just got a grey band. I'm on the phone with Disney now to see if we can work this out. I know they may be sold out, but I am seeing about a discount b/c i have to buy one on-site or through shop Disney now. I get that things are out o stock, but to surprise us and only fulfill 1/2 orders w/o the ability to cancel the old order is frankly garbage.

Edit to add: just got off the phone, the CM in IT support cant help me but sent my info over to a support team who will email me in a few days—saying that the band was sold out (obv), they don't know when it will be back in stock, and that there is a system in place to handle this issue. I kinda pressed her and said that I follow the chatter and knew that was the case and all i want is for my son to be able to have a band just like his family's. She said that this will be going to their shop Disney partners for a resolution, but that's all she could say. So I'm taking that as they will offer me a code or discount to buy a replacement through there.

Last edited:
I just got a confirmation that our upgraded bands have shipped. Our trip begins July 13th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!