" There are worse places to get stuck!" - A Mother/Daughter January '18 Trip - *Finished 4/25 !!*

Day Two
"You look excited!" - Part One

After a pretty good night's sleep we were up and ready for day two! This would be the last day my Aunt and Cousin were with us and we were headed off for a fun day. While getting ready this morning, we looked out the balcony and saw some Elk. I tried to get a good picture but they were far away and none of them came out good enough to share. Oh well, at least we got to see some animals right?

After everyone was ready and my Aunt and Cousin were packed up, we headed out to their car. I was SO EXCITED for this breakfast!!

tenor.gif

We drove here to park

IMG_6012.JPG

It was a COLD morning, but walking the boardwalk in the quiet was so nice. Before long, we got to our breakfast destination!

IMG_6011.JPG

I had been wanting to do this breakfast since they first announced it. (So funny, because they announced it exactly a year ago today, as seen by my "On this day" feature on Facebook!) I had bought a shirt a while back that I had wanted to wear while meeting Flynn forever, and today was going to be the day!!

We were sat after about 10 minutes and had a good location. Our waitress was just okay. She was pretty slow and half the time she was nowhere to be found. They did bring out our pastry frying pan pretty quickly though, and it was delicious!

25150952287_d3e92bb407_z.jpg

The pastry shaped like the sun was the best and I have no clue what it even was lol. They made the announcement soon and the characters were on their way out! Guess who came out first?? :hyper:

He made his way around and before long I was face to face with Flynn!! He looks at me and goes "Wow you look excited!" and I told him I was! I also told him I had to show him my shirt. The shirt I got says "Flynn Rider prefers Brunettes". He was a little put off to be honest, which wasn't what I thought would happen. He goes "Well it should say prefers his wife". Well yeah, but umm... Okay. He then went on to say that she is always changing her hair so it could be brunette or blonde on any given day. Then it was time for pictures!

IMG_6014.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

I sent the picture of just Flynn and I to Sken with the message "Sorry babe!" and he got a kick out of it. Next out was Rapunzel and we enjoyed some more pastries while she made her way around. We had the dining plan, so mom and I got mimosas! I decided to take a picture "cheers"-ing to mom's birthday, so i picked up both and mom took it. After she did, they all started laughing and I didn't know why. Turns out Rapunzel photobombed me!

IMG_6304.JPG

It was so cute! She gave me a big hug and then my mom told her to read my shirt. She did and asked what Flynn thought of it. I told her that he said it should say his wife and she gave a genuine "Aww" reaction. She then went on about how he is such a sweet husband! It was cute, and made up a little for him being so eh about it lol.

IMG_6303.JPG

IMG_6302.JPG

Soon after Rapunzel came by, our breakfast was brought out. I got the tower of pancakes and they were really good!

40021444631_cf10b89ccc_z.jpg

Continued next post as I am at my picutre limit..

Day Two
"You look excited!" Part Two

So both Flynn and Rapunzel had come by at this point and we were all enjoying our breakfast. They did do a little celebration ceremony and I told mom to stand because she was celebrating her birthday! She was hesitant, but Flynn saw her and said across the room, "Yes, you stand too!" so she did. Once that came to an end, Ariel came by our table! She wanted to take a birthday picture with Mom!

IMG_6017.JPG

Then Cousin joined in!

IMG_6018.JPG

Then it was my turn! I can't remember what we talked about, but it was nice to chat and do the princess pose!

IMG_6324.JPG

25151332227_4f55e9de1c_z.jpg

At this point we were wrapping up breakfast and hoping to get to the park! While we were paying, we got a visit from Prince Erik himself!

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

I feel like maybe he was saying something about making sure to find a good prince who is also a gentlemen? Most of it was geared towards Cousin.

Overall impression: I LOVED this breakfast! All the food was amazing, as was the character interaction! I would most definitely do this again!

We settled the bill and took turns using the facilities and then bundled back up to head out to the park for the day - EPCOT! We got to walk to the International Gateway which was a nice little walk. I also showed Mom and Aunt ESPN since we had talked so much about it the night before.

25151333287_66f94ceba5_z.jpg

Up next: EPCOT and then a trip to see more family!

Last edited:
I'm just back to reading TRs after a long absence from the Disboards. I'm loving your report so far AND I have the same breakfast booked for our trip in June. I am so excited to finally meet Flynn Rider! Good thing my husband isn't the jealous type. :)

This breakfast always looks/sounds so fun! Your character pics are great, especially the one of Rapunzel photobombing!!

Thank you! I love that one too :)

I'm just back to reading TRs after a long absence from the Disboards. I'm loving your report so far AND I have the same breakfast booked for our trip in June. I am so excited to finally meet Flynn Rider! Good thing my husband isn't the jealous type. :)

Thanks for following along! You are going to love that breakfast! It has made its way to the top of my favorites list for sure!

Love all your character photos from the breakfast. It is on my must-do list!

Thank you! You have to try it.. it's so good!

Day 2 - EPCOT
Part Three

So when I left off we were headed into EPCOT from the International Gateway. It was another chilly day, but otherwise the sun was out so it felt nice. We were running a little behind and getting towards the end of our first FP window, so we hustled over to Soarin!

My mom and I scanned out bands, and got blue Mickeys :sad2: The CMs there didn't seem to care and we walked right on after looking back and forth between them for a few seconds. We were glad we were able to get on! We were in section A, row 2, which isn't ideal but we dealt with it. We watched the video and soon were heading in. Well, when we sat down, I made sure to take Cousin's seatbelt and put it through the center piece as she is under the marker. Mom looks at me and starts laughing! Guess who else is under the marker???

IMG_6021.JPG

Hard to tell here, but my head was indeed under the marker! :rotfl:So Mom made me put the buckle in the middle piece too!

IMG_6022.JPG

We really enjoyed Soarin! We did get some distortion, but nothing too bad.

From there it was time to head off to our next FP.

39236090575_af2f20b2ed_z.jpg

This happened to be one of those days that I was really happy we had a FP. Even with our FP it took about 25 minutes to get on the ride. I rode with Cousin and Mom and Aunt rode together. I really enjoy this ride, and I let Cousin pick our futures, which I don't remember now lol.

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

After leaving here we decided to head towards TT to see what the wait was. When we got over there, the wait was 120 minutes. We did not want to wait, and couldn't get a FP since we did Soarin and had one more left. Cousin wanted to ride MS but I am not a fan of that ride. I did it once with Sken and I hated it. We then noticed that the single rider line for TT was about 30 minutes and we talked it over and decided to go single rider.

26261282038_5984d89e80_z.jpg

We were still able to create cars even though we went single rider which was awesome. All four of us created one, and before too long we were on the ride! Aunt and Cousin each were in their own car, but Mom and I got in the same one! When we went up the hill to seatbelt check, we were with a group of four girls, and they were taking pictures. They got Mom in one and apologized and she was fine with it. I then took out my phone and told Mom we could take our own selfie! It's dark but it was funny!

IMG_6030.JPG

Everyone enjoyed this ride!

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20180114_8160851665.jpeg

This is Cousin in the teal/grey

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20180114_8160851852.jpeg

Aunt is holding her hat in the back

26261281338_3e8521f8ea_z.jpg

And this is Mom and I!

After our ride on TT we headed into Mouse Gears to look around. I had a souvenir in mind, that I was looking for, but still didn't have any luck finding it. No one bought anything and soon we were headed off to our next FP.

We had FP for Figment. Mom and I had hit our FP window, but Aunt and Cousin hadn't yet. Mom decided to use her "Birthday Button Magic" and ask the CM if we could get on early. She walked us up to the next CM and they let us through! pixiedust: The line was long!

This ride was Mom's favorite when she came in the past, and she still loves it now! I remember having a stuffed Figment growing up, that she bought at the dump shop, so it was fun to ride with her! After our ride it was time to head out, so we headed back towards the IG.

Cousin had a meltdown at this point. She wanted to ride MS and no one would ride with her, and they had to get heading back, so she was upset. Aunt decided to stop and buy her ice cream on the way out to try to make up for it. I think it worked a bit. We stopped at a place on the Boardwalk that I can't remember the name, but they liked it. After that, Mom and I headed to the bus stop at BW and Aunt and Cousin said their goodbyes and headed home! It was nice to see them and spend time with them, and I know that made my Mom really happy!

So where were we heading?? :confused3

Joining in :) Two of my most favorite Disney trips have been just me and my Mom!! Looks like you were off to a great start even though it was chilly! I ran the 5 and 10K races for Marathon weekend this year and have never been SO COLD at Disney World in my life!! Looking forward to reading more!

Joining in :) Two of my most favorite Disney trips have been just me and my Mom!! Looks like you were off to a great start even though it was chilly! I ran the 5 and 10K races for Marathon weekend this year and have never been SO COLD at Disney World in my life!! Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for joining in! :wave2: I have been reading about how cold the marathons were! :cold: We were cold, but nothing our New England blood couldn't handle LOL.

looking forward to your next report

Thanks!

Day Two - Disney Springs
Part Four

So when I left off we had just said goodbye to Aunt and Cousin and headed towards the bus stop at Boardwalk. We were meeting my Stepdad's cousins at Disney Springs! We had been messaging them to try to pick a place to meet and decided on a place that Sken and I had been wanting to try.. Paradiso 37! We all got margaritas and took a peak at the menu.

40191381092_40da4a8c6b_z.jpg

The restaurant is listed as "Taste the Americas" however it is more Mexican themed, which was fine by me! There were TVs behind us over the bar and the Jacksonville Jags were playing the Steelers to try to move onto the Championship. There were a ton of Steelers fans, however the family was rooting for the Jags.

Soon it was time to order and I got the Quesadillas

IMG_6032.JPG

Pretty basic, but man were they tasty! We all enjoyed our food and catching up with family. After we were done we decided to take a stroll around DS. Our first stop was Ganachery. Mom wanted to get chocolate to bring home for my stepdad. While she was checking out, the CM gave her a free chocolate for her birthday! It was that birthday button magic again!

We walked around a bit more after that and then back towards the buses. We then parted ways with family, and we decided to shop some more. We could tell the family wasn't into shopping and we each had things we were looking for. We walked by a store that Mom had to get a picture in front of!

28444674879_2146a69144_z.jpg

40191380082_f1ba083461_z.jpg

She was celebrating her 51st birthday! She said it's a sign! It was so cute! We peaked around a few more stores and got some small things but then talked about getting back to the buses. I had something in mind that I really needed to see and I didn't want to miss it.

We checked the time while heading back and walked over to the AKL bus lane. We had been a little late to things before so Mom asked if we really needed to go all the way back to AKL or if we should go to a resort closer and just stick it out. I had wanted to put on warmer clothes, but not as bad as I wanted to see something, so we decided to switch bus lanes. It took a little bit for the bus to come but soon we arrived at

IMG_6036.JPG

28444674499_96aa5ca706_z.jpg

We had talked it through and decided to stop here and get tea in our mugs and sit in the lobby and warm up. Then we would head to our final stop of the night. We went to Capt Cooks and got some tea and then sat in the lobby to drink it and people watch. We also took this time to peak in Bou-tiki and for me to show Mom 'Ohana. After a bit we decided we better get moving and hopped on the monorail and headed towards MK.

When we got to MK we were still a little early so we decided to poke around the shops. We stopped in the Confectionary and watched them making some goodies. There was a CM there who must have been new and a seasoned CM came out and showed him how to dip the cake pops. It was so neat to watch! Soon we decided to head to the next store and before we got to the door someone tapped Mom on the shoulder. It was the seasoned CM with a birthday cupcake!

IMG_6038.JPG

This CM was deaf so we thanked him but didn't get a chance to get his name. I walked back over to another CM to ask and found out his name was Thomas! So thanks, Thomas for some more Birthday button magic!! Mom was so happy!

We stopped in a few other stores, including the glass blowing store and watched a guy work his magic. He was trying to make a glass Dole Whip for a guest, it was neat. We then decided to try to get a spot on Main Street. But first, I wanted a little snack to hold me over!

28444674189_5a0085ebd7_z.jpg

Complete with plastic cheese, LOL. It was so good!!

Then it was time to settle in and watch the new nighttime shows at MK. Now by this part in the TR you should know that I LOVE Wishes. Beyond words do I love Wishes. So was Happily Ever After and Once Upon a Time going to compare?? You will have to wait and see!!

IMG_6040.JPG

Attachments

• 40191379112_82f9875d88_z.jpg
    40191379112_82f9875d88_z.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
I never stop and watch the glass blowers but I always regret it later!!! A glass dole whip would be pretty awesome :)

I am a diehard lover of Wishes, too, but I can't give a real opinion of HEA yet. On our most recent trip we watched it from the balcony of the Contemporary and even with the sound piped in, the wind was so loud and whippy we definitely didn't get the full experience. Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it!

The pic of You and your mom on Test Track is so cute! Lucky getting on the same car!

Sounds like you had a nice time with your Aunt and cousin! :)

Nice idea to relax at the Poly for a bit!

So nice of the CM to give your mom a cupcake!

I never stop and watch the glass blowers but I always regret it later!!! A glass dole whip would be pretty awesome :)

I am a diehard lover of Wishes, too, but I can't give a real opinion of HEA yet. On our most recent trip we watched it from the balcony of the Contemporary and even with the sound piped in, the wind was so loud and whippy we definitely didn't get the full experience. Looking forward to hearing what you thought of it!

It was so cool watching him try to find the exact yellow/orange to use to make the color right!

I didn't watch any videos of HEA or look at pictures so that I could make the judgement based on what I saw alone. I'm glad I did that. I told my Mom that I was wanting to make sure we saw it and that it had to be at MK so that I could judge for myself.

The pic of You and your mom on Test Track is so cute! Lucky getting on the same car!

Sounds like you had a nice time with your Aunt and cousin! :)

Nice idea to relax at the Poly for a bit!

So nice of the CM to give your mom a cupcake!

Thanks! We did luck out on the same car! Mom was so excited about all her pixie dust, I think it made her feel a little bit more special. We were talking to family last night and she was telling them all about it and it made me feel good hearing her say how spoiled she felt!

seems you had a great spot that night.

It was a pretty good spot!

Great TR! Can’t wait to hear more

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter