• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THey charged me now for my stay in February!

KarenT

Mouseketeer
I booked a deluxe room at the HRH fora 3 night stay in Feb 2003 and used my Diner's Club CC to hold the reservation. Well I received the bill yesterday for $342 for 1 night. I thought I wouldn't be charged until I checked in. Is this the way it's always been or is this new?

KarenT

I don't know about HRH, but the same thing happened to me on a trip out West a couple of months ago. It was a major hotel. They said it was standard practice to charge for the first night when you make the reservation. I wonder if it's based on the cost of the room or just something they are doing now.

We booked PBH in Jan.(for an April visit) and were billed for the first night at the time the reservation was made.

What confused me was at the same time I booked RPR for December and was just billed now for that first night :confused:
(5 months later).

Hope that answered your question!

Thanks!

You know, I don't mind paying for it now (even though I hope to get a better rate as it gets closer), but she did say to me, "What credit card would you like to use to HOLD your room?". If she had said "What credit card would you like to use to make your deposit?", I would not have been surprised when I opened my statement I just wondered if that was the usual HRH practice. I thought I had read before that it's not charged until check-in.

KarenT

:rolleyes: I wish I could figure out thier system for charging! We got charged for a 17 night stay at the HRH in Feb. that we never even booked! (I wish!) What a nightmare getting that off our charge card!:rolleyes:

This must be a new policy. I'll be staying at the Royal Pacific in December. I booked the room 2 weeks ago and my credit card has been charged already for a night's stay. When I stayed at the Hard Rock, my credit card was never charged. We paid for our room when we checked out.

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights 4th-7th of July 02 and they told me there was a deposit of one night's room charge per room needed. This was at PBH. I'm just greatful for the great rate of 180 per night for a del. pool view I got.LOL But they were very upfront with me. Sorry that happened to you and not being asked first.

I think everyone's aware that a night's deposit is due. it's *when* it's due & when do they *charge* you thats a mystery! LOL I have been charged weeks ahead, months ahead & days ahead!
Lesson learned: Don't use your debit card!:rolleyes:

When I called and made my reservations for RP they told me they would be charging my deposit right away, I asked if this was new because I also went to HRH last year and never got charged until check in. They explained to me that it was a new policy. HTH:D

Originally posted by msr709
When I called and made my reservations for RP they told me they would be charging my deposit right away, I asked if this was new because I also went to HRH last year and never got charged until check in. They explained to me that it was a new policy. HTH:D

Well, I have three sets of reservations for RP & I have yet to charged for any of them so far!:rolleyes:

Do you think it depends on where you make the ressies??

I have NOT been charged for one night yet, I made ressies months ago!!

I made my ressies by calling 1-800-UESCAPE.

My ressies are for October.

Patty

Originally posted by pathubia
Do you think it depends on where you make the ressies??

I have NOT been charged for one night yet, I made ressies months ago!!

I made my ressies by calling 1-800-UESCAPE.

My ressies are for October.

Patty

I also made my reservations through 1-800-UESCAPE, but I was charged right away. It doesn't really matter to me. This way my hotel bill at the end of the stay will be a little smaller.

I think it is due to a lot of no shows with credit cards that are no good when the hotel does submit them for the first night anyway....I got charged last Sept for an offsite hotel the one nights deposit on my credit card immediately also with no prior warning they were doing that....:rolleyes:

Here is a solution to it..and something we do frequently. We send them a deposit check for the one night they request and if they mandate you pay for your entire stay they have to tell you upfront that way. I just did it for my November stay and the hotels are fine with it. You could also ask if you could send in a check, then if they demand up front payment for entire stay, ask if you can instead use your credit card...just my two cents on it.

I am holding 3 ressies for RPH. One I made in Dec for Aug...and one I made in Feb for Nov. I received my confirmations with no problems and haven't been charged for my first night. The last one I made in Aprill for Dec & I just rec'd my charge bill .... my first night has been charged !!!! I have yet to get my confirmation in the mail .... go figure?!?!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter