They get it now! They really get it! - A November 2019 PTR (updated 11/18/19 - TTFN!)

I was totally thinking Trader Sams would be AWESOME for this. What time do you think we would need to be there if fireworks start at 10? I am guessing that a lot of people do that...right?

We got there at like 9:15 on Halloween last year and were able to snag a railing-side table!

Tired of Stalking...

So, I made a decision today. There is a good chance that we were never going to get our 2 DS waitlists for the Poly and a 2BR BCV popped up today when I was stalking the DVC availability...so, I grabbed it. We are officially starting our vacation on the 19th now and we even got a refund of 8,706 points with Southwest for the flight change. Mind you, we don't get into MCO now until 12:20 am, but I prefer that to having to wake up at 3am to get to the airport. We have a layover in St. Louis with plenty of time to grab dinner before boarding to MCO. The ME will be a late ride and we won't be able to enjoy the room much, but breakfast at Ale & Compass sounds great before we head over to DHS, by boat, for the day!

This also moves up our window by a day for FP reservations... :woohoo:

Now, we are onto purchasing park and party tickets...

I can't be trusted that early in the morning...

So, our Fastpass Date is right around the corner and I typically make a list of the FP we need, in order of priority of booking. I do this because waking up early to book these things is rough and let's be honest, sometimes our brains aren't fully awake for the mental energy that is required for booking FP 60 days out. So here it is...let me know if you see anything that needs to be moved around. Biggest challenge: SDD at 60+1
Can't wait to see how we do...

Fastpass Priority List
1. 11/20 Slinky Dog between 1:30 and 4pm
2. 11/22 FOP between 2 and 6
3. 11/24 SDMT after 2pm
4. 11/25 FOP any time
5. 11/26 SDMT around 12pm
6. 11/21 Test Track between 11 and 1
7. 11/22 Expedition Everest between 11 and 2
8. 11/22 Kilamanjaro Safari between 11 and 2
9. 11/24 Thunder Mountain after SDMT
10. 11/24 Space Mountain 5pm
11. 11/25 Expedition Everest after FOP
12. 11/26 Thunder Mountain after SDMT
13. 11/26 Space Mountain after Thunder Mountain
14. 11/20 Indiana Jones Show at noon
15. 11/20 Star Wars Star Tours around 4pm
16. 11/21 Mission Space Green before/after Test Track
17. 11/25 Dinosaur

WOOOHOOOO! Oga's Here We Come!
We got our reservation for 7 people at Oga's on the 20th! It came through at 6am and I was able to log right in and snag it. I don't know what I would do with out TP Reservation Finder
:cheer2:

It's FastPass Eve!
I have my list printed and ready to go, but am second guessing things a million times. Will we regret only having 1 day at DHS? Will we feel rushed by having so many TS meals?
And...it's not looking good for a SDD FP!
I always get this way right before a fastpass day...

Pray for my sanity and stay tuned for how it all works out.

I DID IT!!! AND of course we changed some things...
So I was on top of it this morning, I had my app open and my laptop also logged in @ 6am Oklahoma time, ready to book FP in the order I THOUGHT would bring me the best results...AND...No surprise that I didnt get any SDD on 60+1 and kind of surprised that I didn't get FOP 60+2. FP for a party of 7 are probably harder than the average request.

So, let's take a look at how I did and what the big change was.
11/19 - Travel day

11/20 - Hollywood Studios
11/21 - Epcot + Christmas Party @ Magic Kingdom
11/22 - Animal Kingdom
11/23 - Universal Studios

11/24 - Brunch @ Disney Springs + Hollywood Studios
11/25 - Animal Kingdom + Disney Springs

11/26 - Magic Kingdom + Travel Day

YEP, after a brief discussion at 7am with W family about how I did, we realized that we would be willing to give up a 3rd day at MK for a 2nd day @ DHS. Sunday made the most sense, because MK closes early that day anyway for a MVMCP. We will be tired from our day at Universal, so we will be getting a late start with Brunch. If we decide to hang out at DHS until closing, great. If not, great. And, if the W family decides to stay and we want to do something else, it will be the perfect night for it.

Here's the FP List:
11/20 - Disney JR Dance Party (can you see me shaking my head), RNR & Star Tours...all FP will be done by 1:20, so we can attempt some same day passes
11/21 - Mission Space & Test Track
11/22 - Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Na'vi River Journey
11/23 - Universal Studios
11/24 - Disney Junior Dance Party (again...ugh), Indiana Jones, & Slinky Dog Dash
11/25 - Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest & Dinosaur
11/26 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain & Space Mountain

Overall, I am happy. Hopefully, our group will wait in line of 11/22 to ride FOP. I have the Touring Plans app, which is really helpful in monitoring reported wait time versus actual wait time. The timing of the passes seems good and I can't wait to try to get some same day stuff as well, as we've never done that before.

Now, we're in the home stretch. Time to start planning Magic Band decor, making grocery/packing lists and catching up on some of our favorite Disney movies. :love:

Real World Update...
Tomorrow is 10/1 and that means starting tomorrow, we can officially say that we are "going to Disney World next month"...it gives me a sense of excitement and a little bit of dread, which I will explain in a moment.
***MOMENT***
I am so busy y'all. Busy to the point of being overwhelmed and cranky. Life has been crazy lately and time is moving too fast. Looking at the calendar for the next two months gives me anxiety. Do you ever wish you could just be "un-busy"...?? That's where I'm at.
Where to begin...
Work has been insane. I have a demanding executive level career with demanding peers and upper management. We are undergoing major system changes and contract negotiations for 2020...and it's conference season. I spent part of last week at a seminar in Dallas for one of the companies under our corporate umbrella. It was amazing conference, but I'm a little behind in my everyday stuff now and have to catch up before heading to the next one in Dallas on Tuesday...and then the one that happens the week after that. THANK THE LORD for my DH, who also travels, but will be home running DD around to where she needs to be throughout the week with school activities and competitive dance. This doesn't take into account all of the other running around for business stuff we have going...restaurant...retail store...commercial property...

Did I mention that I also teach Sunday School? UGH (wait...that's kind of terrible)

Have I mentioned that I am getting grey hair?

Is "stress belly" a real thing cause... :rotfl:

Because I was already in Dallas last week, I met DH and DD at our lake place Friday night, where we discovered that we are probably going to have to have our entire electrical breaker system re-done from when it was originally done in the 70's. It was going to be a relaxing weekend until we discovered that we had no AC and major electrical issues...ugh, no one has time for this. It was a long weekend topped off with rushing back home at 6am yesterday for... family stuff...

I got a call from my Mom, that my 98 year old grandfather is dying. He's lived a fantastically long life and has amazing stories from WW2, when he was stationed in the Aleutian Islands...stories like being shot in the chest and the only reason he is still alive is because the pocket bible in his chest pocket slowed the bullet. He still has the bullet and the bible. At 98 he still attends community dances, has "girlfriends" and drinks a glass of blackberry wine daily. :rotfl:
I went to the VA hospital yesterday to spend some time with him and walked away knowing I probably won't see him again. He fell at his home and my mom rushed him to the VA, where they found a brain bleed and fluid on his lungs. They think its a heart problem that caused the dizziness that triggered the fall, but because of his age, they aren't going to be able to do much for him.

I also got a call from my SIL, who is in the throws of planning my nephews 1st birthday party. It's going to be a "monster" theme and I am responsible for making a decorative banner. She asked if I could also make a small one for his high chair and some vinyl decorated shirts. Again, this is not a big deal and I was thinking that the craft therapy will be a good relaxing distraction...

THEN, I get a call that SIL's bff is getting married...in a month. I will call her A for the sake of this post. A is getting married quickly, because she found out that she's 8 weeks pregnant and wants to get married ASAP ...and because I helped plan SIL's wedding, she wants me to help plan hers...in a town 45 minutes away. She's stressed to the max with these big life changes and needs help. Nothing a little Pinterest Board and research can't take care of...right? :worried: Luckily, she already has the date, November 1, and the venue booked. I helped her find invitations this weekend. I usually love this stuff...

BUT...looking at my calendar...:scared: We are literally booked up until Disney, with something going on each week/weekend.

Surely all of this stuff will make time fly by...right?

I always try to get 3 positives out of feeling negative. You guys ever do this?
1. I have a great job so being busy is a good thing...job security!
2. I have an amazing DH who helps me when my schedule gets crazy
3. I have been blessed with wonderful friends/family who feel like they can count on me, when things are going crazy in their lives.

...and we will add number 4 for good measure... Our vacation trailer/home did not burn to the ground, despite being built in 1969 and needing electrical updates to handle all of our modern age "necessities"

***TAKING DEEP BREATHS***

Last edited:
Even reading that was stressful! I hope it all works out! I'm sorry about your grandfather but that story is really funny.

I feel for you! I am in the middle of changing jobs to a job that will have me travelling 4 days a week leading right up to my Disney trip. It will be quite the transition for my family.

I also just dealt with the passing of my 94 yr old grandfather who sounds a lot like yours, hugs for you!

I love your 4 positives! Good luck getting through October!

I feel for you! I am in the middle of changing jobs to a job that will have me travelling 4 days a week leading right up to my Disney trip. It will be quite the transition for my family.

I also just dealt with the passing of my 94 yr old grandfather who sounds a lot like yours, hugs for you!

I love your 4 positives! Good luck getting through October!

Sounds like you are busy too! And, I am sorry for the loss of your Grandfather.

Thanks for the positive vibes for getting through October! I will need it :love:

Crowd Calendars and the unknown...

So, as you probably noticed in my earlier posts, I am one of the few (or maybe there are a lot of us) that gets caught up in crowd calendars. We picked some dates before the announcement of SWGE and I have been waiting to see how the crowds react to the new DHS area. Well, silver lining in my day came this morning! I got an email from TP that crowds for our trip have projected to be significantly less than anticipated and they don't anticipate any further EEMH. I wonder if a lot of people will postpone their typical fall park trips until after SWGE opens ROTR. Regardless, I hope the crowd calendar analytics are correct, because our DHS crowd level went down on Wednesday from a 6 to a 2!!!
:cool1:

CHANGE #1 OUT OF WHO KNOWS HOW MANY...

Day 2 - Whispering Canyon

We've dropped this for Grand Floridian Cafe. This was done so that we could wander the GF Gingerbread House display after eating, before heading to the MK for MVMCP. This, from our Poly studios, will be much easier to handle than going over to WL. I'm not AS excited about this meal as I was Whispering Canyon, but it will be less stressful.
I loved the gingerbread house. We went 12 years ago for Christmas and we spent one day just touring the resorts looking at the different gingerbread houses.

I loved the gingerbread house. We went 12 years ago for Christmas and we spent one day just touring the resorts looking at the different gingerbread houses.
I can't wait to see them! We will at least get to view the Gingerbread at Beach Club, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. So excited!!

Magic Band Time!

I selected our magic bands today for the trip. I've never done a split stay, so it was a little confusing to me on how to deal with the fact that they are sending us 2 bands pp. I've heard that the bands are linked to your account regardless of which you end up using. Hope that's right, because I ordered a custom band for myself this year. Last trip, I decorated a grey band with a wide strip of small druzy rhinestones from Hobby Lobby. It made it have the appearance of a very blingy bracelet. This year, because of my schedule and other things going on, I decided to "splurge" on a $10 magic band selection. So, here it is:

I was kind of shocked to see it in my choice selection, because when I was on shopdisney, it was sold out.

Anyway, I selected a grey mb for DD, because we picked out a skin on Etsy that she liked and then a grey mb for DH, because he honestly didn't care I
:rotfl:

I also filled out our Magical Express info, even though I am not sure I did it right. I will be calling tomorrow morning to make sure....
Now, on to the next task on the list...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!