They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

ac
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!
Geez, I need to get moving on this thing! I still have 3 days of plans to go over and only like, 4 days left to write them! However I need to share something else first. Something I'm super excited about. Something that happened around........8pm Sunday night, so 6 days before we travel.
For our first two nights we are no longer staying here:

pop century.jpg

before checking in to the Wilderness Lodge. Are you surprised? I'm not, because ever since I booked Pop Steve has been making comments about not being happy with it. So finally last night I had enough and told him to go on and see what else was available. We could have stayed at WL those 2 nights, not CL and not with my TA rate, but Steve wanted some variety.

ANY IDEA WHERE WE'RE STAYING?
hint: it's a new to us resort which is awesome..........

IMG_4838.JPG

Horrible picture but I wanted to use one of my own and it's all I had: we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait. Big change from Pop!
This has caused me to rethink some of our plans for those two days since we weren't going to be at Epcot at all. I think that, instead of going back to MK after 1900 Park Fare we'll go to Epcot since it doesn't involve FP's anywhere, so we can take advantage of walking back to our resort. Then on Monday the 7th we'll do MK at night instead of Epcot since again no FP's need to be changed. We'll be at WL by then so we can boat to and from MK. Easy enough!
Next, I got a call yesterday from a Disney Signature Services CM concerning our Club Level stay. He just wanted to say :wave:, see if I had any questions, and tell me a little bit about the check in procedure and what to expect from CL. I knew most of it other than the fact that the HEA music is piped in to the lounge, and I knew that SOME people do get this call but not everyone does. It was pretty cool, especially if you aren't as familiar with what to expect when staying CL. Of course we haven't stayed CL yet anywhere but I'm pretty much up on what goes with it. He also told me he got my room request and added it in two places (wherever those two places may be) so I'm hoping we get it but I know it's a crapshoot. Oh, and my room request was for a MK facing room :thumbsup2

One other thing. Yesterday I had both boys in the car and Chris asked where we were eating. Why not, I've only asked for some input form them like, 20x months ago. I started telling them and he's like, "Um, no Narcoossee's? How about that place we ate at without Dad and Ricky with the seafood? (Cape May Cafe) What do you mean we're eating at Yak and Yeti again, I HATE it there!" I couldn't believe this kid. I did tell him I had Tusker House but figured they wouldn't want 2 character meals and they both chime in with, "We don't mind character meals!" WHAT!!!! Who the hell ARE these kids??? So of course now I feel bad that we don't have any of the places he asked about even though he's a pain in my butt and brings this up the last minute, so I gave it all some thought. First, no Narcoossee's available that fits anywhere good. The night we have Sanaa lunch at 1:00 I can get a 5:00 Narcoossee's but that's too close and neither Steve nor I want to give up Sanaa. Making it earlier messes with AK. I could get it the night we have BOG but Steve vetoed that, too. I did switch Y&Y for TH but it's at 4pm, which doesn't affect any plans but it's early so I set an alert for a later one. Now for Cape May.........I was going to give up my 1900 PF but there isn't even any CMC availability that night! So I think I'm going to book it for the night we have Sanaa lunch b/c there's a 7:25 and we'll just do a bit of MK before that since the rearranged plan after our move to Yacht was MK that night, because MK closes at 10 and IDK if we'd get there before 9. It's just silly that we'll be there the night we check out of Yacht, but this late in the game it is what it is.

There you have it! My big news: Pop to Yacht, call from DSS, restaurant changes. I swear I'll be back with day 5 plans, hopefully tomorrow! Since this post is word heavy, I'll leave you with some pictures of Chris enjoying the warm cloths they give you after dinner at Cape May Cafe on our trip last Nov:

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

I am sorry about your toe!! Darn kids!! If only they weren't so cute, right??

Love your picture with Raeven - Queen of the perfect selfie face!!

Four more days!! Woohoo!! :dogdance::dogdance: I'll be paying more attention on Facebook to get a live photo fix!!

Are you surprised? I'm not, because ever since I booked Pop Steve has been making comments about not being happy with it.

You've spoiled him just like I've spoiled Josh :rotfl: He talked me into going deluxe for this trip, and if we don't have EP at Universal he complains now. :laughing:

we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait.

Ooo awesome! Let me know how you like it!

I started telling them and he's like, "Um, no Narcoossee's? How about that place we ate at without Dad and Ricky with the seafood? (Cape May Cafe) What do you mean we're eating at Yak and Yeti again, I HATE it there!" I couldn't believe this kid. I did tell him I had Tusker House but figured they wouldn't want 2 character meals and they both chime in with, "We don't mind character meals!" WHAT!!!! Who the hell ARE these kids???

:rotfl:

img_4463-jpg.258225

img_4464-jpg.258226

My brother used to play with napkins like that when he was kid :rotfl: He was a bit more obnoxious though and would wrap them around his head.

NICE! How exciting about Yacht Club. I toyed with booking that at some point before I got the one night at AK CL.

I'd love to return to Cape May in the future. We did it years and years ago but I love seafood and remember enjoying it. It's so hard switching up dining and I've done it a lot already for our short trip. I'm already considering cancelling one or two others and just having ONE ADR (at Citricos...which we've never tried) for the whole trip. It seems a shame NOT to use that 30% discount though when we can, so Jiko is still on the table for now...especially since it's in the resort where we will be staying (same for Citricos) which make both convenient.

So hopefully I can leave most of my August ADRs alone, but the October and December ones...those are still subject to many changes. However with booking several reservations for a party of FIFTEEN in October...not too much can be done with those!

we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait.
That is very exciting news! The rooms are recently remodeled and they look really nice. We love the BC and YC. The boys should love the main pool and the Pirate slide. DH and I like the wait staff that serves you pool side. ;) By the way, we've been able to get last minute dinner ADR's at Cape May. It is very convenient to eat there when you are staying at the resort. :)

Next, I got a call yesterday from a Disney Signature Services CM concerning our Club Level stay. He just wanted to say :wave:, see if I had any questions, and tell me a little bit about the check in procedure and what to expect from CL. I knew most of it other than the fact that the HEA music is piped in to the lounge, and I knew that SOME people do get this call but not everyone does. It was pretty cool, especially if you aren't as familiar with what to expect when staying CL. Of course we haven't stayed CL yet anywhere but I'm pretty much up on what goes with it. He also told me he got my room request and added it in two places (wherever those two places may be) so I'm hoping we get it but I know it's a crapshoot. Oh, and my room request was for a MK facing room :thumbsup2
They have really great CL CM's at the WL. All of them are friendly but Doug has extra knowledge about stuff. I'm a curious sort of person and asked him tons of questions, which he answered. :)

Did you request a bunk bed room? They have a bunk bed room that faces MK on the club level floor. They tried to give it to us and we asked for a different room. :) We've only stayed club level this one time.

I still have 3 days of plans to go over and only like, 4 days left to write them!

Right!?? Your trip is soo close! ...which is exciting for me because it means mine is right after! :P

Horrible picture but I wanted to use one of my own and it's all I had: we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait. Big change from Pop!

Wooh! I'm absolutely shocked you didn't end up staying at Pop! ::yes:: Yacht club is on my list, too. I hope you love it!

He also told me he got my room request and added it in two places (wherever those two places may be) so I'm hoping we get it but I know it's a crapshoot. Oh, and my room request was for a MK facing room :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed on this one! That would be awesome...

I couldn't believe this kid. I did tell him I had Tusker House but figured they wouldn't want 2 character meals and they both chime in with, "We don't mind character meals!" WHAT!!!! Who the hell ARE these kids???

Bahaha your kids are hilarious! Of course they had no interest back when you were actually making ADRs! Gotta' love 'em, right?

Broke my toe yesterday. Yup, 10 days before walkin' around Disney.
Oh, no! :sad2: I hope it's doing better now?

On a better note if you're following @Raeven's reports you know we're meeting up on Saturday!
YAY!!! So glad this happened!

so we chose to just do cheese and chocolate. That's all you really need in life, right?
Yep!

We also went in Hot Topic and FORCED each other to buy Disney tank tops because neither of us has enough.
Gotta love a good ole-fashioned peer pressure purchase. Especially in the name of Disney :thumbsup2

I have to stay friends with her now because she knows my bra size ;)
:laughing:

we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait. Big change from Pop!
Woohoo!!!

Oh, and my room request was for a MK facing room :thumbsup2
:wizard:

LOL at the kids dining requests! I don't even ask anymore, just book what I think we will all (mostly) like. My kids are fairly adventurous eaters though. I am hoping DD has gone through traditions by time Tiffins and Garden grill come around in our trip, and she is able to come with us-40% discount would be awesome. Oh and of course to see her too:)

Looking forward to pics of the CL at WL! Sounds luxurious:)

Hello Ariane, the trip is so close now! Hope your toe injury doesn't hinder your plans! We got a fancy e-mail about our club level stay! Excitement plus:) It asked about our arrival time, so I responded back in what I hope was the friendliest manner about how we land in Orlando at 7 am, so will be there long before check in time, but will just be happy to be there. I haven't told the kids we are staying club level. Although I think they have some ideas about Wilderness Lodge since they saw the ME luggage tags, and there was the whole snaffu with the my disney experience. I did not have these two nights linked, so they did not show up. But when I called to make my final payment they did even though I had explained the whole surprise. I called back the next day and unlinked them, but of course they had seen. But, I don't think they caught the CL part. fingers crossed. Darn girls being old enough to understand ADR's and FP booking!

Congrats on the move to Yacht Club. You really are moving right up there Weezy. Feel free to hook me up with one of those deals :-)

Can't believe after all your planning the boys finally chimed in. You're a good Mom to try and accomodate them though. And keep looking, you never know what may pop up

Your new tanks are so cute!
I bet you are getting excited...your trip is right around the corner...
Thanks! Yup, day after tomorrow, almost done packing :cheer2:

The best part of having older kids!
Right? Just tonight Chris asked if he has to stay late with us at the parks every night. I was like nope, if Ricky wants to leave you can leave, too! Dad and I will stay :thumbsup2

We eat here every trip and have always enjoyed it.
I'm looking forward to taking the boys here because they barely remember eating there 5 or 6 years ago. Steve and I think Il Mulino is the best Italian on property but we did really enjoy our MM meal earlier this year.

HATE having to choose between Soarin' and FEA. Hopefully they'll get rid of the tiers when more attractions open in EPCOT.
Hopefully! Or, they could just add more attractions to the tier 1 rides................:headache:

Aw! That's adorable. Do they get to go to WDW as much as your kids?
Sadly they've never been. My sister isn't a huge Disney fan and now is a single mom. I want to take them so bad but there's 3 of them and I can't take just one or two, so that's quite a bit of $$. I keep trying to work it out :)

At least you'll be able to experience it once. It wasn't available for our trip in Sep, which we might have to cancel anyway. :sad:
Well it just' opened yesterday through Dec. so it's not cancelled yet! Hopefully it sticks around and you can get it for your next trip!

Four more days!! Woohoo!! :dogdance::dogdance: I'll be paying more attention on Facebook to get a live photo fix!!
Cool! I plan to post lots there and on my FB business page :goodvibes

Ooo awesome! Let me know how you like it!
I will! I'll text and I'll be posting pics

So hopefully I can leave most of my August ADRs alone, but the October and December ones...those are still subject to many changes. However with booking several reservations for a party of FIFTEEN in October...not too much can be done with those!
15 :scared1: Yeah that's scary. I had to make ADRs for Nov. for clients and that was tough enough! Half the restaurants you need to call for parties of more than 8 or 10..............

Love the change of resorts. I know how you feel about Pop, because I am totally dreading staying at ASMo...
I'm so excited about Yacht! I hate being down on the values because lots of people love them and really, I don't think there's anything wrong with them. But I do think based on what you're used to has an effect on what you feel about them. And really it's more Steve and the boys who are reluctant to try them! I've turned them into monsters lol

That is very exciting news! The rooms are recently remodeled and they look really nice. We love the BC and YC. The boys should love the main pool and the Pirate slide. DH and I like the wait staff that serves you pool side. ;)
I've seen the pictures and they look great. We were at Beach Club last Nov. but only Chris swam because it was cold! He loved the pool though. I doubt it'll be too cold to swim next week lol so I'm sure both boys will enjoy Stormalong Bay and Steve and I both plan to utilize the pool bar!

They have really great CL CM's at the WL. All of them are friendly but Doug has extra knowledge about stuff. I'm a curious sort of person and asked him tons of questions, which he answered. :)
Good to know, I'll look for Doug :thumbsup2

Right!?? Your trip is soo close! ...which is exciting for me because it means mine is right after! :P
I'm just as excited for your trip!!!!

Wooh! I'm absolutely shocked you didn't end up staying at Pop! ::yes:: Yacht club is on my list, too. I hope you love it!
:laughing: I seriously didn't expect to move again.

Oh, no! :sad2: I hope it's doing better now?
It is, thanks! I can wear sneakers no problem and the calf pain is gone, so hopefully the walking should be no problem.

LOL at the kids dining requests! I don't even ask anymore, just book what I think we will all (mostly) like
I always hold out hope that they'll show interest so I ask once before ADR day; then I book what I want and a little what I think they'll like. This always happens at the last minute though so I should be used to it :rolleyes:

DD has gone through traditions by time Tiffins and Garden grill come around in our trip, and she is able to come with us-40% discount would be awesome
Ooh yeah, 40% would be nice especially at Tiffins! Tiffins is awesome by the way :goodvibes

Hello Ariane, the trip is so close now! Hope your toe injury doesn't hinder your plans!
Thanks, should be fine, it's feeling so much better!

We got a fancy e-mail about our club level stay! Excitement plus:)
That's great! I guess they call some and email others lol? I did love getting my phone call :D

Congrats on the move to Yacht Club. You really are moving right up there Weezy.
:tiptoe: And I'm going to bring a gigantor purse to the lounge every day and fill it up with food, like the classy gal I am!

SAY WHAT?? DAY 5 PLANS
Why not right? With 2 days to go I might as well try to finish this baby. I'm 70% packed, house is 60% cleaned, and I only have like 5 errands to run tomorrow. So yeah, I'm ready lol. Before I get to my plans I did make some different dining changes than I mentioned in my last post.

1. On Sunday, I cancelled my much wanted 1900 Park Fare for Narcoossee's because I'm the best mother ever. As far as signatures go I would have preferred going back to Citricos which I discussed with @Raeven last Saturday or returning to Yachtsman since we've only been there once, but as I said Chris requested that, Ricky likes it, and we haven't had a bad meal there anyway. So after our morning in MK we'll either stay or take a break, go to Narcoossee's, and then go to either MK or Epcot.
2. On Monday I did book the 7:25 Cape May Cafe even though we'll be at WL already. Afterwards we'll go to MK if we didn't go the night before.
3. Still hoping to move our 4pm Tusker House later!

And now without further ado.......................................

DAY 5 PLANS!!!

Most likely nobody remembers our day 4 plans since I posted them about 2 years ago, but we were at Epcot early, followed by Splitsville for bowling and lunch, some resort time and then the Pirates and Pals cruise. Which by the way has not been cancelled so far, because yesterday it opened for Oct-Dec. booking. I wasn't sure what we'd do for dinner but then Kari @kastoney reminded me that we are staying CL and could partake of their evening appetizers before leaving for the cruise, which is a great idea!

So for day 5 I once again have us sleeping in which will mean breakfast in the lounge. Then.............IDK. Swim? Mini-golf if the boys want to and we think we can handle the heat? I do remember there's no shade at Fantasia but I think there was some at WinterSummerland, at least on the Winter side. Part of me is hoping the boys want to go to a park for a bit, even though we won't get FP's since we're using them later. Speaking of later our FP's start in AK at 3:00 and look like this:

FoP: 3:00
Safari 6:35
EE 8:30
*Tusker House 4pm*

Yeah, this day isn't exactly how I wanted it to be! I wanted to watch the FOTLK show at 4 if we didn't get to see it our first day in AK, and originally before I switched our dinner to Yak and Yeti I had Tusker at 5 which worked good for going on EE right after. Now if we missed FOTLK and need to do it this day we'll most likely do the 2:00 show. If dinner remains at 4 we'll have a gap between that and the Safari. It would have been nice to maybe move FoP to 5:35 but I was lucky to get ANY FP for it and of course there weren't any other times left to switch it to!

Regardless I'm looking forward to AK at night. It'll be our first time seeing Pandora lit up, EE is awesome in the dark and I love the Tree of Life Awakenings which we'll definitely stay for. One thing we won't be doing is Rivers of Light: Steve and I watched it in March and do not feel the boys will enjoy it.

Um....I kind of feel like this is a boring day! Let me liven this post up a bit with some random pictures of a past trip:

August 2014:

Ricky helping some Streetmosphere Public Works characters in HS:

IMG_0535.JPG

Steve with David, the (then) chef at Sanaa who had been featured in a couple Travel Channel shows on Disney restaurants/AK. We actually met him twice :)

IMG_0559.JPG

Christopher being........Christopher!

IMG_0575.JPG

I will return SOON with Day 6 plans, I promise! Thanks for being patient with me :o

Yay for switching to YC :yay:
Looking forward to hearing about your experience with both YC and WL CL.
You're such a good Mom trying to make everyone happy.

I'm sorry you had to cancel 1900 Park Fare one of theses days we'll get there. I always end up canceling mine too.
I think your plans sound great especially visiting AK at night. Both Pandora and the Tree of Life should be beautiful. Riding EE at night is so much fun.
Can't wait to hear about your Pirates and Pals cruise. We saw them leave in March when we stayed at the CR. It looks like so much fun.

It is, thanks! I can wear sneakers no problem and the calf pain is gone, so hopefully the walking should be no problem.
Phew! I was worried about you with your trip so close. Sorry about your 1900 cancellation, but always good to keep the kids happy I suppose, right? That way you can use your sacrifice against them when you want something... :rolleyes1 ;)

Have a fabulous time!!! :goodvibes

we're trying the Yacht Club! Standard view, and I can't wait. Big change from Pop!

OMG! WAAAYYYY better!

my room request was for a MK facing room :thumbsup2

Hoping you get pixie-dusted pixiedust:

One other thing. Yesterday I had both boys in the car and Chris asked where we were eating. Why not, I've only asked for some input form them like, 20x months ago. I started telling them and he's like, "Um, no Narcoossee's? How about that place we ate at without Dad and Ricky with the seafood? (Cape May Cafe) What do you mean we're eating at Yak and Yeti again, I HATE it there!" I couldn't believe this kid. I did tell him I had Tusker House but figured they wouldn't want 2 character meals and they both chime in with, "We don't mind character meals!" WHAT!!!! Who the hell ARE these kids???

HaHa! Where were they 175 days ago?!

Lol! Love this pic :D

Sounds like some great changes. Hope you can get Tusker moved. We really enjoyed finally eating there for breakfast/lunch back in November, so I'm looking forward to our dinner there in October...with FIFTEEN PEOPLE! We loved AK at night back in May and I still have YET to see ROL because the later show was cancelled when we went...and of course we had a FP for it but not much open after 10:30pm! I'd still like to see just because though.

Yesterday I had both boys in the car and Chris asked where we were eating. Why not, I've only asked for some input form them like, 20x months ago.
Isn't that always the way. Sometimes I think I keep the trips a surprise so that I have a reason why they aren't giving ideas...

"We don't mind character meals!" WHAT!!!! Who the hell ARE these kids???
Ha! Talking a good game!

On Sunday, I cancelled my much wanted 1900 Park Fare for Narcoossee's because I'm the best mother ever.
I was hoping you would get your 1900 Park Fare dinner but really, you will have a better dinner at Narcoossee's for sure.

You are soooooooooo close! I can't believe it! Sorry I will miss you tomorrow. Def next time we are up, we will have to get together. Can't wait to see pictures! Stay cool!

1. On Sunday, I cancelled my much wanted 1900 Park Fare for Narcoossee's because I'm the best mother ever. As far as signatures go I would have preferred going back to Citricos which I discussed with @Raeven last Saturday or returning to Yachtsman since we've only been there once, but as I said Chris requested that, Ricky likes it, and we haven't had a bad meal there anyway. So after our morning in MK we'll either stay or take a break, go to Narcoossee's, and then go to either MK or Epcot.

Nooooo!!! :(

You're a good mom. Maybe someday you'll get your 1900 Park Fare. :(

img_0575-jpg.258757

Oh my gawd. :rotfl:His face make this photo.

I can't believe you're leaving soo soon!! Tomorrow?? Which just so happens to also be my birthday...therefore the two most awesomest things ever are obviously happening tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter