They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

You've climbed the mountain, you've crossed the river, changed some reservations, and you're allllmost there!

almost there.gif

I don't think your AK day sounds boring! I think it'll be great, and Pandora at night is something I'm really looking forward to...and we'll be skipping RoL too. What my mom doesn't know won't hurt her, and once was fine for me!

All of your changes look great! Sorry you didn't get to keep your 1900 PF, but at least you know you'll get a good meal at Narcoossees. Have a great trip!

Broke my toe yesterday. Yup, 10 days before walkin' around Disney.

:scared1: Oh no! I hope it's feeling better now. I just keep falling off the boards.... but I caught up on your PTR *just in time*!!!!! Amazing that you switched to YC for the first two nights. And you definitely get Mother of the Year award for switching around those ADRs last minute.

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to read all about it when you return.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with both YC and WL CL.
I'm definitely doing a TR when we get back, and hopefully I'll do better keeping up on it than I did with this!

I'm sorry you had to cancel 1900 Park Fare one of theses days we'll get there. I always end up canceling mine too.
I really hope so! I don't want to go with just Steve so I have to wait for the next family trip. but that will be the first ADR I make!

Can't wait to hear about your Pirates and Pals cruise. We saw them leave in March when we stayed at the CR. It looks like so much fun.
I'm really looking forward to it :goodvibes And the boys don't know yet either lol, can't wait to take a picture of Chris's reaction.

Sorry about your 1900 cancellation, but always good to keep the kids happy I suppose, right? That way you can use your sacrifice against them when you want something..
Thank you, yes sometimes it helps to keep them happy. And like you said, now when Chris starts complaining I can yell that I gave up dinners I wanted for him lol

OMG! WAAAYYYY better!
:thumbsup2 Honestly I was ok trying Pop for 2 nights, but with all the complaining everyone else was doing at least now I don't have to hear crap once we get there! And if the kids are going to swim I much rather lay out at Stormalong Bay with a drink than the Pop pool :drinking1

Hope you can get Tusker moved. We really enjoyed finally eating there for breakfast/lunch back in November, so I'm looking forward to our dinner there in October...with FIFTEEN PEOPLE!
I remember you finally eating there :) We did lunch back in 2012 so nobody remembers the food that well so it should be a good one. I'm thinking it might be the day before when a later time becomes available so I'm not giving up hope.

We loved AK at night back in May and I still have YET to see ROL because the later show was cancelled when we went...and of course we had a FP for it but not much open after 10:30pm! I'd still like to see just because though.
You should! I like to see/do anything new in WDW even if the reviews are "eh" because I like to form my own opinion. And who knows, it might end up being something you love.

I was hoping you would get your 1900 Park Fare dinner but really, you will have a better dinner at Narcoossee's for sure.
True, but I do like trying new places :( It just wasn't meant to be!

Sorry I will miss you tomorrow. Def next time we are up, we will have to get together.
I'm sorry too, so close but yet so far :car: Definitely next time, and enjoy the party!

You're a good mom. Maybe someday you'll get your 1900 Park Fare. :(
Maybe when I have grandkids lol

I can't believe you're leaving soo soon!! Tomorrow?? Which just so happens to also be my birthday...therefore the two most awesomest things ever are obviously happening tomorrow!!
I saw that tomorrow is your birthday, FB alerted me because they think it's important, too! I hope you have a wonderful day :bday:

Almost there (that's a quote from Star Wars, but you wouldn't know that :tongue:)
:laughing: Um, very true :blush:

I don't think your AK day sounds boring! I think it'll be great, and Pandora at night is something I'm really looking forward to...and we'll be skipping RoL too. What my mom doesn't know won't hurt her, and once was fine for me!
Thanks! I feel like Pandora will be totally different at night than it was when Steve and I were there during the day in May.

Have a great trip Ariane! Take care of that toe :)
:thanks: And I will!

All of your changes look great! Sorry you didn't get to keep your 1900 PF, but at least you know you'll get a good meal at Narcoossees. Have a great trip!
I know, but you're right it's not like Narcoossee's should be a disappointment as far as the food compared to 1900! Thanks for following along!

I just keep falling off the boards.... but I caught up on your PTR *just in time*!!!!!
It's hard with a little one, I remember :) Plus you must be getting ready for your trip, too :cheer2:
Amazing that you switched to YC for the first two nights. And you definitely get Mother of the Year award for switching around those ADRs last minute.
lol, as you will learn more and more as Ryann grows up, things we do for our kids.......................

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to read all about it when you return.
Thanks, same to you! I will definitely be doing a TR when we're back.

I do remember there's no shade at Fantasia but I think there was some at WinterSummerland, at least on the Winter side.

We were thinking of doing mini golf too this trip. Fantasia is closer to where we're staying, but I was thinking we'd probably have to do it at night because we mini golfed during the day at USO on our first trip and it was way too hot!

Have a great trip!

Time Has A Way Of Getting Away From Me Lately.....
Day 6 and 7 Plans

Well guys, for the first time since I've been writing reports here, I feel like I've failed :sad: We leave tomorrow and I haven't wrapped up this PTR in any way, shape, or form. I'm ashamed :( I'm usually better than this! I've truly been so much busier this summer than I thought I would be. I'm definitely going to do a TR and at least I won't feel rushed, which is exactly how the ending of this is going to be!

We will be heading to the airport in about 15 hours!!! Most packing is done, Chris got his haircut today, mom is all set to come take care of the kitties. I believe I'm all caught up with "work" although I will be doing some while on vacation. Got back from Ricky's basketball game around 10:15, they managed to pull off 2 wins this week and he had a total of 47 points between both games so he's a happy camper. Tomorrow I'll pack last minute stuff and vacuum because I'm anal about that, and we'll be off :car: I'm going to give a quick, abbreviated rundown of our last 2 full park days.

DAY 6 PLANS
Even though we'll be at AK late-ish on day 5, I don't mess around at the end of our trips and we'll be doing EMH at MK on this morning-our 2nd EMH of this trip. That's like, 2 more EMH's than we normally do! Our FP's today are:

Space/Buzz Lightyear 9:40
BTMRR 10:55
Splash 12:40

That would be Space for Steve and I and Buzz for the boys. I think we'll make a beeline for Steve's happy ride at park opening since I didn't get a FP this day, which I do feel a bit guilty about but not guilty enough to try and look for one lol. Next will be Peter Pan since again, it's something we don't have any FP's for and I have an attachment to that ride as I remember riding with my Grams when I was little.
I was also thinking of doing breakfast at BOG and had an alert out, and it actually came through this morning, but then I wasn't feeling it anymore. I don't really have much of a plan here except to try and ride as much as we can before 9 so we don't have to move fast as the heat gets more and more oppressive. I'm going to play it by ear as far as whether we leave after Splash, where we eat lunch, and if we do leave whether we go back to WL or hop to another park.
One reason I didn't jump on the available BOG breakfast is because at 4:55 we'll be back in MK for dinner at BOG! Many of you probably know this, but it's one of my family's favorite TS restaurants in all of WDW minus of course some of the signatures. We ate here last Nov. but that seems like forever ago, so we're all looking forward to returning!

Hello terrible, awful BOG family shot with the Beast!
IMG_2112.JPG

While Chris and I get our steak, Ricky will no doubt be getting him some mussels. He orignially proclaimed these the "best on property" but then during our Nov. 2015 trip, he had mussels at 5 restaurants and the ones at Restaurant Marrakesh beat BOG:

IMG_4673.JPG

After dinner we'll go over to HS to watch Fantasmic! We haven't seen this in a couple years and Steve and I both enjoy it. I have a feeling neither of the boys will want to go, unless I can entice Ricky with an evening ride on TOT. No worries, we have absolutely no problem with them taking the boat back to WL while we go on to HS! Between dinner and watching Fantasmic, I'm really looking forward to this being a great "last" night in the parks.

DAY 7 PLANS, AND THEN WE LEAVE.........
Ah, never fun doing the last day plans. However since our flight doesn't leave MCO until 8:50 pm, we at least have almost a whole day to enjoy Disney!
The boys will be thrilled to be getting up early again to make RD at a park: this time returning to where we ended the night before:

IMG_3180.JPG

Wow, I seem to be sorely lacking in general HS park pictures! Plus the other day I was looking for a good TOT pic that I knew I had, couldn't find it and used a crappy one, now I find this. Whatevs. Back to HS on our last morning it is! We have FP's for:

RnRC/TSMM 9:45
TOT 11:00

RnRC for Ricky and I and TSMM for Steve and Chris. Now normally we'd either all go to Toy Story at RD, or do the same split we have for FP's, or we'd all go for a couple rides on TOT before our FP's start. However today we'll make a beeline to the same place I have a feeling ton sof others will be going:

GMR.jpg

Today will be August 12th and GMR closes for good on the 13th. I can't even talk about this anymore............................Oh except to say I will definitely be looking for and purchasing some of the limited edition merchandise they've released (are releasing?) for the closing.

We then have an 11:45 lunch ADR at Sci Fi Drive In. We haven't eaten here in years either, and I specifically booked this again for Chris because I'm awesome. He loves wings and they have some on the menu, so there ya go. Plus we're already doing Mama Melrose and none of us are huge fans of 50's Primetime. After lunch we'll say good-bye to Hollywood and go spend a few hours where I almost always need to end my trips if there isn't lots of extra food being served in Epcot:

IMG_1929.JPG

Nice crane! I'm the queen of bad pictures tonight with all my rushing. The cool thing about going back to MK today is that we'll hopefully get to meet up with Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve! We met them back in May and this time our boys will get to meet them. I'm sure Christopher will be as warm and fuzzy with them as he was when he met Casey and Kari @kastoney in June lol.

We'll do whatever we can FP/our favorites and take the boat one more time to WL to catch the ME around 5:30ish. I know I kind of condensed these days but at least I can say I'm done! I'm also not proofreading so excuse any errors. Thank you all for following along and I hope you come back for my TR; I'll post the link when I start. Before I sign off let me say two things: one, if we aren't already FB friends, feel free to friend me, I'll be posting pictures there and on my business page! I'm Ariane Costa DeVizio, nice to meet you :D Second, I feel horrible that I've fallen so far behind on everyone's TR's, PTR's, dining reports etc. and I'm going to do my best to catch up when I get back. If you're traveling right after I get back and I miss the end of your PTR, have a wonderful trip pixiedust: Once again thanks for following along with me, I sincerely enjoy having you all here!!!

We were thinking of doing mini golf too this trip. Fantasia is closer to where we're staying, but I was thinking we'd probably have to do it at night because we mini golfed during the day at USO on our first trip and it was way too hot!

Have a great trip!
We did Fantasia in Nov. and it happened to be in the '80s that day so I remember very clearly, no shade lol! It's a neat course though. WinterSummerland is easier for kids and IMO a bit more "themed", but definitely give Fantasia a try!

Well guys, for the first time since I've been writing reports here, I feel like I've failed :sad: We leave tomorrow and I haven't wrapped up this PTR in any way, shape, or form.

You did not fail! You get to decide when you're PTR is done and I think you did a fine job :hug:

Today will be August 12th and GMR closes for good on the 13th. I can't even talk about this anymore............................Oh except to say I will definitely be looking for and purchasing some of the limited edition merchandise they've released (are releasing?) for the closing.

So cool that you get to go before it closes! I've heard they're doing all kinds of walk throughs and dessert parties (although I think they all cost money), but I wish I was going in time to do one of the events! They released the merchandise today as far as I can see in the stores. I'm just waiting for it to be on the app.

Well guys, for the first time since I've been writing reports here, I feel like I've failed :sad: We leave tomorrow and I haven't wrapped up this PTR in any way, shape, or form. I'm ashamed

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's been a fun ride :thumbsup2

Hello terrible, awful BOG family shot with the Beast!

Not terrible at ALL!

Ah, never fun doing the last day plans. However since our flight doesn't leave MCO until 8:50 pm, we at least have almost a whole day to enjoy Disney!

That's the BEST! There was some talk about DME actually coming EARLIER than 3 hours ahead because MCO is recommending we GET there 3 hours ahead of our flights :scared1: I' curious to see what your experience will be.

Today will be August 12th and GMR closes for good on the 13th. I can't even talk about this anymore...........................

:sad::sad::sad:

Nice crane! I'm the queen of bad pictures tonight with all my rushing.

Actually, another nice picture! I'm guessing you will NOT be this bundled up next week!

Again, have an AMAZING trip!

(PS-I'll have to look and see what time your flight was…as I sit here in CT we are getting some CRAZY thunderstorms coming through! I hope they missed you!——edited to add: I just looked and your plane lands at 8:20am, so you are currently in the air…hopefully WELL past these nasty storms!)

On Sunday, I cancelled my much wanted 1900 Park Fare for Narcoossee's because I'm the best mother ever.
Bumemr. I know y'all will have a good meal but sad you won't be able to do 1900 PF! Mom of the year!

We will be heading to the airport in about 15 hours!!!
Yay!!!

We ate here last Nov. but that seems like forever ago, so we're all looking forward to returning!
Are you going to save room for the awesome strawberry cupcake this time??

While Chris and I get our steak
If you have a change of hear the braised beef was delicious!

Oh except to say I will definitely be looking for and purchasing some of the limited edition merchandise they've released (are releasing?) for the closing.
I hate they are closing this! If was one of the first rides I rode in DHS years ago!

Hope y'all have a great time and I will be following along on Facebook!

I know you said you got ponchos already, but we started using the disposable ones from Amazon a few trips ago. They are much smaller to carry around, then you just throw them away instead of trying to dry them out.
I know this is from forever ago but I'm just now catching up. I discovered the Amazon ones right before this trip and I loved them. Just so much easier to use. My DH says no for him though. He's going to get some kind of fancy raincoat from here on out. Whatever works, dude!

If my first visits to the park had been in say, the last 5 years or so there's no way it would have ever been my favorite park. Back when the Backlot Tour was a tour of an actual working movie stage it was fantastic; I've talked about this here before but - passing the Golden Girls house???? OMG such a highlight!!! And there used to be so much going on along the Streets of America all day long. That's not even the half of it. In my first PTR last year I posted pics of the Stars and Motorcars parade and old character meets there, it was a wonderful park that screamed "Old Hollywood" all over the place. That's what I remember, that's what I fell in love with, and that's what I wish it could still be. The Great Movie Ride leaving, to me, is the last bit of Old Hollywood leaving with the exception of the Citizens of Hollywood and I won't be a bit surprised when I hear they're going.
My DH, who is a huge fan of old time radio and older tv shows, loved DHS, I didn't have the heart to tell him how much more he would've loved it before all the changes. :(

Might feel better about it after a couple drinks at the pool.........
Cascadia Sangria to the rescue!

OMG The Handmaids Tale, thank you for reminding me!! Have you read the book? I read it YEARS ago and while dist
Thanks IPad for screwing up the quote feature. Anyway, you two have me intrigued about this....but I don't have Hulu. Maybe I just need to read the book.

Hopefully at that time of night it won't take too long. At least you have the option of ME taking your bags...unlike us Canadians lol. We can't do that AND no MB home delivery either...they really do think Canadians come from another planet lol. But I wouldn't want to not get my luggage until the next morning either!!

I think it all depends on the owner/handler of the dogs. Some have looser rules than others. My dog is a therapy dog - but not a service dog to me - we go and visit others in hospitals and retirement homes. So for us, pet away :) But then I wouldn't bring her to a theme park so I imagine if the dog is in the a theme park it's a service dog lol

Oh where!! I'd love to know where to get Disney dri-fit shirts??

I agree, hate earbuds too. You reminded me I need to find some headphones!

Hey this is good to know. I remember those Heritage moments well!! But not the Superman one lol
I got the dri-fit shirts from C & C Vinyl Creations (on FB). I think she charges $20 for t-shirts and $25 for polos.

gmr-jpg.259024

So lucky you will have a chance to ride this before it closes. I have only like 2 days for this and I doubt I'd want to wait in the line for that long. But hope you score some merchandise!!

Nice crane! I'm the queen of bad pictures tonight with all my rushing. The cool thing about going back to MK today is that we'll hopefully get to meet up with Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve! We met them back in May and this time our boys will get to meet them. I'm sure Christopher will be as warm and fuzzy with them as he was when he met Casey and Kari @kastoney in June lol.

Yay! I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting Christopher and Ricky!!

Second, I feel horrible that I've fallen so far behind on everyone's TR's, PTR's, dining reports etc. and I'm going to do my best to catch up when I get back. If you're traveling right after I get back and I miss the end of your PTR, have a wonderful trip pixiedust: Once again thanks for following along with me, I sincerely enjoy having you all here!!!

Don't worry about anything and enjoy your trip! It's a real treat to be able to follow your PTRs and TRs but most importantly, HAVE A GREAT TRIP and see you in a week!!
BTW, I know you guys are probably there as I'm typing this so I hope you had a nice safe flight down and you're enjoying yourself right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!