They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

I love VotLM but Steve and I saw it last month so for ME, and really I'm the most important, I rather do Frozen. *
I can't wait to see how excited the boys are to see this attraction! And you make the plans, so you get the last say, right?!?!

"RIP Harambe", a picture of Harambe and the dates he lived on it. Harambe was the gorilla who had the unfortunate luck to have a child fall in his enclosure last year and was then killed. I don't think anyone will be asking Chris to walk the fashion runway anytime soon :rotfl2: Love that he has his own style though and doesn't care what others think, nor do his friends care what he wears!
Gwen does the same thing. For the most part I just try and say ok to her crazy outfits but it's hard, sometimes!

Really nice views; that's the Bear Mountain Bridge which I don't expect many, if any of you to be familiar with:

Ohh Ohh! Pick me! I know that bridge. Our friends who live by you used to have a boat. I believe we went under it! The whole area is beautiful!

Your FP plans looks great! Other than the little switch with your Pandora rides. We did just fine with FP on our May trip only booking them about 3 weeks out, but doing Pandora for the first time in August you know I'm gonna be online at 7am when our FP day arrives this week! :hyper:

gotta think some more. Food is VERY important to us!!

Us too!! That would probably be my biggest concern about CBR right now too. Hmm...I wonder if there are any good ways around this issue. Hopefully they'll have their QS operational by the time August rolls around...

I don't think anyone will be asking Chris to walk the fashion runway anytime soon :rotfl2: Love that he has his own style though and doesn't care what others think, nor do his friends care what he wears!

Good for Chris to marching (or dressing) to the beat of his own drum! Sometimes following societal expectations is overrated. I love his paper tie! And I think it's adorable that the girls made them for them.

Most of the animals in the zoo are rescue animals and most have plaques telling you how they got there.

Love this! We have a small zoo about an hour from here that does this too.

Yay! Your FP+ day!! Now you just have to find a way to pass these last 60 days. I'm in the same boat right now. Thankfully we've got a lot to do to keep us busy between now and then!

Sorry you couldn't get FoP that first time in AK. It has proven hard to get for sure.

It's all good, guys! FP day was Tuesday and unlike most trips, I was on line to book them right at 7am. I've done this for both our Thanksgiving trips but that's about it; for our adults only trips I've been known to make FP's as close as 2 weeks out, and even before our 2015 Thanksgiving trip I didn't make them right when I could for a couple trips with the kids. However nowadays I'm up at 6 with Ricky for school, so why not? Luckily my 6am alarm ends Monday since it's his last day of school

:rotfl: I always end up doing Fps whenever I wake up that day.

I don't think anyone will be asking Chris to walk the fashion runway anytime soon :rotfl2: Love that he has his own style though and doesn't care what others think, nor do his friends care what he wears!

I'm glad he has his own sense of style, my brother has always been a pain to take shopping because he doesn't like or dislike anything!

One of these foxes was hit by a car and the other one, who has 3 legs, was rescued from a trap:

OMG they're so cute I love foxes so much!

all done by 12:40 . We'll be returning to MK at night so I'll get a 4th for something before we leave.

This is a great idea. In fact I think I will note it in my plans when we go in the morning and try to get 4th etc. FP+ when we get to second park in the evening. Do you have to be "in" the park to make the 4th FP+ or can you do it from your phone on the way?

there really aren't any other tier 2 attractions we like.

Yeah I had a hard time with this too. I ended up booking Indiana Jones but not sure about that one...DD might prefer Frozen but she is a bit over Frozen too...

Food is VERY important to us!!

I hear ya sister!! Food is important and it's good to have some conveniently located!

Yay for getting your FPs!!!!!! Doesn't that just make the trip seem so close and real!?

:laughing: I absolutely love that Chris has his own style and doesn't care what others think - that's very rare at that age (I remember!), so good for him! And for you and Steve for your role in that :goodvibes

stuff like this is no less funny in your 40's!
:rotfl:

Still, even being on right at 7 I couldn't get one FP when I wanted it

That is always so frustrating!! Doesn't Disney understand we have PLANS?? LOL!!
I hope one pops up for your preferred time!!

EE in the dark :thumbsup2

AKA...the best! (hm...although Tower at night is up there, too...)

Food is VERY important to us!!

Amen! Arriving at night is hard b/c of food selection.

along with his shirt that says "RIP Harambe"

:rotfl:
Xavier would love this, I'll have to show him!

Check out all the Turkey Vultures hanging with the bears:

I think I might be nervous if I was that bear...

Looks like a super fun field trip!!

I love the picture of the bear sleeping in his hammock. I don't like all the turkey vultures at that zoo. Other than that, it is a cute zoo. And the Hudson River valley looks very nice. :)

Notice the paper tie Chris is wearing? The previous day, some girls had made these for him and a couple of his friends. The tie is supposed to signify which Harry Potter house you're in - Chris is in Ravenclaw I believe? So he told the girls he'd wear it on the trip :rolleyes: Most of the girls wore theirs but only one of the other boys did, yet Chris refused to take his off and also wore it the next day for Field Day. Notice too his socks, which have $$ signs and money all over them, along with his shirt that says "RIP Harambe", a picture of Harambe and the dates he lived on it. Harambe was the gorilla who had the unfortunate luck to have a child fall in his enclosure last year and was then killed. I don't think anyone will be asking Chris to walk the fashion runway anytime soon :rotfl2: Love that he has his own style though and doesn't care what others think, nor do his friends care what he wears!

The first thing I noticed in that picture was Chris's Harambe shirt - your son is the coolest kid ever haha! And good for him for dressing how he wants! I was the same as a kid, I look back at old pictures now and just shake my head, but I was being true to myself and didn't care what everyone else was wearing haha (I had these rainbow coloured knee socks that I LOVED, and I would wear them with skirts/shorts/capris/dresses/etc...)

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Where Is Your Butt?

Here It Is!

I laughed a little too hard at that haha!

What a cute little zoo! And hurray for (mostly) getting the Fastpasses you wanted!

Sounds like all your plans are shaping up nicely. I can't believe its 60 days before August already (aka its almost my birthday month). Hope you all decide to stick with CBR, of course for nothing but selfish reasons so you can be my advance party :-) The food situation doesn't bother me since we rarely eat at the resort, but I can see how you'd want something after you get in. Maybe you could just order a pizza or something :confused3

Loving all the field trip pics, especially the bear and Chris' ensemble. He most certainly is rocking his own Harrycashilla kinda style. And that bear, dying here. Our 150 lb dog lays like that all the time and it still cracks me up to no end. We may be 40-something, but we're all still 12 year old boys at heart :-)

I should be sleeping, as I'm supposed to be up in 6 hours to get ready to hit the road, but I'm here reading instead. Congrats on getting (most of) the fastpasses you wanted! It looks like it will be a great trip.

I love that Chris is confident enough to do his own thing! Good for him for sporting his tie. Great field trip pictures!

I'm back, as you know, and all caught up. Plans look great. Sorry about the FoP thing, but it seems like you got it worked out okay. Do you guys not do Star Tours at DHS? Also, we booked Indy as a FP as well. Not sure if it helped but we just needed something because I wanted to book Fantasmic as a 4th.

I understand the food situation. Even we ran into it a little bit at WL bc of RF being closed (you shouldn't have that issue in August). Anyway, I hope you get it figured out!

It is about the food after all.
giphy.gif

Glad you had success with your FP's. I can't believe your family trip is so close. Seems like yesterday we were planning our March trips.
I love the pictures from your field trip the mountains are so pretty.

Ohh Ohh! Pick me! I know that bridge. Our friends who live by you used to have a boat. I believe we went under it! The whole area is beautiful!
Ding ding you win! And speaking of your friend up here, when are you coming to visit again???

We did just fine with FP on our May trip only booking them about 3 weeks out, but doing Pandora for the first time in August you know I'm gonna be online at 7am when our FP day arrives this week! :hyper:
Yeah, I've always had no problems booking a couple weeks out for Steve and I but between having the kids and wanting Pandora FP's I didn't want to take chances. And I think it's a good idea to do yours right at 7, at least for your AK days!

Good for Chris to marching (or dressing) to the beat of his own drum! Sometimes following societal expectations is overrated. I love his paper tie! And I think it's adorable that the girls made them for them.
I do agree, and I really don't mind at all. Even if I did he's too stubborn to listen to me anyway lol! Sometimes I worry he'll get made fun of but I guess if it gets to that point he can decide what direction he wants to go in. And usually he dresses more............matching? But if he wants to wear something in particular he just doesn't give a crap what anyone else thinks. And truly, that IS a good thing.

Yay! Your FP+ day!! Now you just have to find a way to pass these last 60 days. I'm in the same boat right now. Thankfully we've got a lot to do to keep us busy between now and then!
Ha and luckily I'm still not set on our ADR's so I can mess around with them! Plus Chris still has a week of school, basketball isn't over yet, football starts again July 3rd...........so it's good we're both busy. Your trip is right around the corner :goodvibes

So happy all your FP's worked out!
:thanks: I'm happy with them even though FoP isn't when I initially wanted it.

I always end up doing Fps whenever I wake up that day.
Not a bad strategy and one I've used many times! But like I said above, with Pandora, mostly FoP, I felt it would be better to get on right away not to mention being up anyway, so it worked out :thumbsup2

OMG they're so cute I love foxes so much!
The other day I was in Hobby Lobby and I saw all these Fall decorations (yup, they have Fall AND Christmas decorations out already!) so all these Fall decorations with foxes on them and I thought of you :)

Do you have to be "in" the park to make the 4th FP+ or can you do it from your phone on the way?
Nope you don't have to be in the park you want your 4th in :) And not only can you do if from your phone on the way, you can do it on your phone the minute you scan in for your 3rd FP!

Yeah I had a hard time with this too. I ended up booking Indiana Jones but not sure about that one...DD might prefer Frozen but she is a bit over Frozen too...
I know my boys would much prefer IJ and I like the show too, but it's in the heat. That doesn't mean we won't do it but at least this way we have a FP for the a/c lol! Once DD knows about the trip, even if it's not until you're down there, you can always ask if she'd prefer the Frozen show and then you can change it. I don't think it'll be hard to get that even on short notice.

:laughing: I absolutely love that Chris has his own style and doesn't care what others think - that's very rare at that age (I remember!), so good for him! And for you and Steve for your role in that :goodvibes
Thank you :hug: very nice of you to say! They are getting to the age where you have to choose to be "cool" and dress like everyone else - or not. So far he doesn't care that much so we'll see how long it lasts.

Xavier would love this, I'll have to show him!
Amazon :thumbsup2 Lots of different colors!

Looks like a super fun field trip!!
It was definitely a good one. I even lucked out and didn't have to ride the bus lol. One of the bus/vans had to go because a girl in another 5th grade class uses a walker. There was extra room on the van so when her aid asked if anyone wanted to ride on the AIR CONDITIONED van, myself and 4 of my mom friends started shaking our hands vigorously and shouting yes, YES!!!

I love the picture of the bear sleeping in his hammock. I don't like all the turkey vultures at that zoo. Other than that, it is a cute zoo. And the Hudson River valley looks very nice. :)
In the Fall we have turkey vultures in our neighborhood. I don't know why because it's not like we have carcasses laying all over! We've been in this house almost 5 years but they've only come the last 2 and I've never done any research as to why they'd be around, but they come in big groups and move from roof to roof. I don't let my outdoor cat outside when they're around :scared1:

The first thing I noticed in that picture was Chris's Harambe shirt - your son is the coolest kid ever haha!
:laughing: He's the coolest pain in the butt, smart-a^% kid!

I can't believe its 60 days before August already (aka its almost my birthday month).
I remember August is your birthday month ;)

Hope you all decide to stick with CBR, of course for nothing but selfish reasons so you can be my advance party
:rolleyes1
The food situation doesn't bother me since we rarely eat at the resort, but I can see how you'd want something after you get in.
We don't either except sometimes breakfast (well, except WL 'cuz it's awesome) but the getting in late at night thing is the kicker here.

And that bear, dying here. Our 150 lb dog lays like that all the time and it still cracks me up to no end. We may be 40-something, but we're all still 12 year old boys at heart :-)
They had a beaver exhibit too, but he was hiding. Well he was hiding his face but we could see the rest of him and he was a HUGE sucker. So my friend Maureen was like, "geez he's huge, look at him!" I tried to say "That's a big beaver" but after "That's a " I started snorting and laughing too hard :rotfl2: and I couldn't get it all out. A dad on the trip was like, "I'm walking away now...." The best part was that just as the dad walked back over to us this kid came up behind him, looked in the beaver exhibit, and blurted out exactly what I couldn't :P

I should be sleeping, as I'm supposed to be up in 6 hours to get ready to hit the road, but I'm here reading instead.
I know you're out in Cali now so you probably won't read this until you're back, but I hope you guys are having a MAGICAL time and I can't wait to hear all about it pixiedust:

I'm back, as you know, and all caught up.
Yes! Sorry your trip is over but I'm glad to have you back here :hug:

Do you guys not do Star Tours at DHS?
Nope. First, because we aren't SW fans :duck:but also because it's a simulator which none of us are fans of. If the theme was one we were really interested in we'd probably do it, or if it were a SW ride but not a simulator. Now Ricky has begun watching the movies and enjoys them so I asked him if he wants to do Star Tours in August but he's still saying no.................

It is about the food after all.
Ha yes it is!

I can't believe your family trip is so close. Seems like yesterday we were planning our March trips.
Doesn't it?? Love planning all the trips but time goes so fast, too fast :(
I love the pictures from your field trip the mountains are so pretty.
Thanks! It is very pretty there, and everywhere you can see the mountains around here

Glad you, mostly, got the FPs you wanted. Booking those just makes the trip seem so real!!!
:thanks: It makes it seem real but yet still far away and I hate wishing a good half the summer away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!