Things First Time Disney Cruise Line Cruisers Should Know | The DCL Show | 01/15/20

I've been waiting for this podcast! Pete mentioned months ago on another show that you guys were going to start a DCL one.

I cannot find this but would love to listen! Is it the Dreams Unlimited show? Or the regular Dis Unplugged? Or is it new? I can find it in iTunes.
Don't know about iTunes, but on YouTube these DCL shows are showing up on the main DIS Unplugged channel. I know Pete will also be having some Dreams agents on the show in addition to the usual DIS crew in the future.

I thought it was pretty good. For once, the overwhelming majority of the facts were correct unlike so many other first-timer shows I see on YouTube. I think the only tiny factual error in this one was that you are Silver after one cruise, not two, and that's such a small thing.

I hope they keep making more episodes.

while I appreciated the show since I will be cruising for the first time on DCL in May, i really felt the show was all over the place & missed a lot of important things for first time cruisers. Didn't have info on disembarkation tips & mainly focused on Port Canaveral cruises. My first cruise will be on the Wonder to Alaska. Maybe Pete can do a show just on that particular cruise since he just went on it recently. I'd like tips on pre-day suggestions in Vancouver, how to get around Vancouver since they don't allow ride shares like Uber or Lyft & things at each port that are "can't miss" experiences. I'm glad to hear he really enjoyed the food on the Wonder as I'm a big foodie & very excited for my first cruise.

I cannot find this but would love to listen! Is it the Dreams Unlimited show? Or the regular Dis Unplugged? Or is it new? I can find it in iTunes.

Yes I can't seem to find this podcast to listen to it either.. I see it on youtube but not the podcast on pocket cast.

So excited to see a cruise show!

Yes I can't seem to find this podcast to listen to it either.. I see it on youtube but not the podcast on pocket cast.

Can you not access it from Webmaster Jackie's post? I'm watching it right in there.

So excited to see a cruise show!

Can you not access it from Webmaster Jackie's post? I'm watching it right in there.

Yes.. the youtube version. but we can't seem to find the podcast version like all the other shows.

Yes.. the youtube version. but we can't seem to find the podcast version like all the other shows.
I can't find the podcast version either. I'm assuming it's only available on YouTube, which they seem to do sometimes. Frustrating as a podcast listener.

I feel like this new episode got a little ahead of itself and skipped some of the more basic stuff a first-timer should know about. The importance of proper documentation & why a passport is preferred over a birth certificate; the x-ray machines/security, the check-in lines at P.C., what to do between the time you board and when your cabin is ready, the benefits of arriving late (e.g., breezing onto the ship after the initial boarding "crush" is over); porters and luggage delivery to your room, etc.

They did a show like this waaaay back when the Dream launched that I think was much better in walking a first-timer "through the steps".

Also, is it just me or did it seem really weird a.) for Craig to bring up that thing about Teresa closing the Welcome Center early multiple times; and b.) that they didn't edit it out for later viewings?

Maybe there's some context where it isn't as bad as it sounded and he didn't really throw her under the bus in front of all the viewers. Even if that were the case, for a viewer who doesn't have that context and has to take his comments at face value, it sounded really crappy.

Last edited:
while I appreciated the show since I will be cruising for the first time on DCL in May, i really felt the show was all over the place & missed a lot of important things for first time cruisers. Didn't have info on disembarkation tips & mainly focused on Port Canaveral cruises. My first cruise will be on the Wonder to Alaska. Maybe Pete can do a show just on that particular cruise since he just went on it recently. I'd like tips on pre-day suggestions in Vancouver, how to get around Vancouver since they don't allow ride shares like Uber or Lyft & things at each port that are "can't miss" experiences. I'm glad to hear he really enjoyed the food on the Wonder as I'm a big foodie & very excited for my first cruise.
Uber and Lyft both launched service in Vancouver TODAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter