Things on TV shows that bug you....

I hate when an episode is set somewhere I know really well and it's nothing at all like that! e.g. the Friends and Criminal Minds episodes in Barbados (where I'm from and still live) - so fake!

Now that I watch Golden Girls as an adult I'm irritated what a doormat Dorthy was when it came to men. She always fell for a guy two seconds after starting to date him and would be devastated when they "broke up" after two dates.

On "Two and a Half Men", the first time we met Jake's pediatrician, and eventually Judith's husband, his name was Greg, but later on his name was changed to Norm, which suited him much better, IMHO.

I saw an old episode of SVU where the current season DA played a crazy murderer getting put in jail.... it ruined every episode with him in it being all serious and good after that for me!:rotfl2: I couldn't believe it when I saw that
I've wondered about that for some time, thinking I must have imagined it. That was one of the WORST!

I have another one. When someone is making a secret, super-confidential phone call, and right behind them is a wide open door...of course, the person they are hiding the secret from just happens to wak by and listen...

Why don't they have those conversations while facing the door, making sure no one is listening, or better yet, go to a place where they'll have some privacy?

The movie, The Hunt for Red October, did it well. They used subtitles for a short bit. Then switched to English.

I actually knew a woman that would get up before her husband, shower and do her makeup and hair. He had NEVER seen her without her makeup. Now, they had only been married for about a year. But she planned on keeping it up as long as she could.

That would be my mom for the first year of her marriage to my dad. She would get up hours early to wash off yesterday, rewash her hair, dry it, set it, and do full-face makeup..

I did NOT inherit that gene!

I’ve noticed that often when two people are talking to each other on a show, they will stand MUCH closer to each other than happens in real life. Like 10 inches of distance between their faces! Most people’s circle of personal space is bigger than that. At least mine is lol.

I've wondered about that for some time, thinking I must have imagined it. That was one of the WORST!
I'm going to defend my favorite show by pointing out that the pool of actors in New York is much smaller than in Hollywood. So there!

Also in MASH, Potter in one episode claims to be from Nebraska, but in all others is from Missouri. Worse, in one early episode, Hawkeye claims to be from Vermont rather than Maine.

My son and I are planning a M*A*S*H marathon when he's home for spring break next month (we have the full set of DVDs). I'll have to keep an eye out for this - I've never noticed it with all the times I've watched the shows!:worship:

Also in MASH, Potter in one episode claims to be from Nebraska, but in all others is from Missouri. Worse, in one early episode, Hawkeye claims to be from Vermont rather than Maine.

And in an early show, in a letter, he says to say hello to his mother (who in later episodes had died when he was young) and to his sister (in later episodes, he was an only child).

And even with the lights off you can still see them clearly.
Well, with sitcoms, the lights are still on in the studio :)
I saw an old episode of SVU where the current season DA played a crazy murderer getting put in jail.... it ruined every episode with him in it being all serious and good after that for me!:rotfl2: I couldn't believe it when I saw that
Not SVU. Raúl Esparza has appeared only as Rafael Barba on SVU. You had to have been watching the original L&O https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1556824/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv, or Criminal Intent https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1241300/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Now, Isabel Gillies played a murderer on an episode of L&O, then as Kathy Stabler for ten+ years on SVU. Diane Neal portrayed an accessory to a murder on SVU, then came back in a regular role as ADA Casey Novak.

Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Scottie, and Sulu and some guy in a red shirt are beaming down to the planet. Guess who isn't coming back?

Majel Barrett, (Nurse Chapel & Gene Roddenberry's wife,) was interviewed and she said they were nicknamed "Redshirts." :duck: :rotfl:

From Wiki:

"Of the 59 crew members killed in the series, 43 (73%) were wearing red shirts." :scared:

Majel Barrett, (Nurse Chapel & Gene Roddenberry's wife,) was interviewed and she said they were nicknamed "Redshirts." :duck: :rotfl:

From Wiki:

"Of the 59 crew members killed in the series, 43 (73%) were wearing red shirts." :scared:

My favorite part of Galaxy Quest (the movie) was Sam Rockwell's character freaking out because he didn't have a "name" on the show (he was a redshirt) and so was convinced he would die on the mission.

I am watching “Suits” and it is bugging me how people are always confronting others on the street. How do they know exactly where they will be? They are in New York City but seem to know the exact time and place where the peron will be. Do they have tracking devices on everyone?

::yes:: I have a hard time finding people on the same street corner when we've even agreed to meet up. I have to text them, "Where are you? I'm here on the corner." They text back, "Turn around. I'm in the red jacket waving at you." :wave:

I find it interesting that they probably have fancy Nesspresso machines at the office, or there's a gourmet coffee cafe across the street, but they always get the cheap $1 coffee from a food truck. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter