Things to do in LA?

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
We are traveling to Disneyland at the end of July. We would like to spend a few days in LA area before we head to DLR. I would like some ideas of things to do while in LA & advice of where to stay. We will rent a car. Would also like advice of a nearby beach to visit.

Santa Monica and Venice Boardwalk
Griffith Observatory (day and/or night)
Hollywood - Walk of Fame, Chinese and Dolby Theatre
La Brea Tar Pits
Science Museum
Natural History Museum
Universal Studios Hollywood
Hollywood Sign
Sunset Blvd.
Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills)
The Original Farmers Market

Santa Monica and Venice Boardwalk
Griffith Observatory (day and/or night)
Hollywood - Walk of Fame, Chinese and Dolby Theatre
La Brea Tar Pits
Science Museum
Natural History Museum
Universal Studios Hollywood
Hollywood Sign
Sunset Blvd.
Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills)
The Original Farmers Market

Thank you!

Add the Huntington to the list of things to visit. It's a library, garden and museum. The garden is one of the best I have ever visited!

Love the Huntinton! In addition to the above great suggestions, possibly:

Griffith Park/Traveltown (especially if you have kids who love trains)
Olvera Street
Angels Flight

For hotels it depends on what area you want to be in and how much you want to spend. There are great hotels in Hollywood (Loews, Roosevelt, W, etc) but they are usually expensive, as are the nice beach hotels. I've gotten rooms at the Omni downtown really cheap on the weekend as it caters to business travelers. If you're only going for the day it might be easier to just stay in Anaheim and drive in.

Depends, do you have kids? When my girls were younger they loved going to American Girl, and the mall it is in is very nice. Now that they are older, they still like the La Brea tar pits, and of course Universal Hollywood. The mall near teh walk of fame is nice, and there is a Disney ICe Cream shop across from the Chinese Theater area. Next on our list is the WB tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter